Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67832 Feb 20, 2014
IMMORTALITY VERSUS INVINCIBILITY

Prolongation of life in the body can be achieved by attaining, via intense yogic practices, to a particular state of higher frequency brain EM activity which as a result suffuses the EM fields of the body cells regeneration them in the process.

Something far more difficult than making the body live for centuries, millennia or till the end of the universe would be making the physical body invincible.

How would this be done?

Adi Shankara is said to have attained to a state of being that rendered his physical body immune to poison and Paul is said to have survived after being bitten by a venomous snake.

I think these 2 great yogis, Adi Shankara and Paul, had generated in their bodies, through sustained yogic practices, sufficient EM energy of a certain high frequency that was potent enough to disrupt the EM field of poisonous molecules which as a consequence destroyed the chemical bonds binding the atoms/radicles of the poison with the result that the poison lost its toxicity and became a harmless substance.

This is an instance of physical invincibility.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67833 Feb 20, 2014
I can write a whole book on occult phenomena many of which I have personally experienced at various stages of the integral yoga. This aside, I think I can provide scientists with unique hints on investigating brain states and in arriving at a better understanding of psi phenomena some of which could have far reaching effects on the well-being of humankind.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67835 Feb 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No more than Marxism, Trotskyism, Bolshevism, etc etc
He said the Commies killed more people than the Nazis did. So I sent him this:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011...

All in all, the Germans deliberately killed about 11 million noncombatants, a figure that rises to more than 12 million if foreseeable deaths from deportation, hunger, and sentences in concentration camps are included. For the Soviets during the Stalin period, the analogous figures are approximately six million and nine million. These figures are of course subject to revision, but it is very unlikely that the consensus will change again as radically as it has since the opening of Eastern European archives in the 1990s.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67836 Feb 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I can write a whole book on occult phenomena many of which I have personally experienced at various stages of the integral yoga. This aside, I think I can provide scientists with unique hints on investigating brain states and in arriving at a better understanding of psi phenomena some of which could have far reaching effects on the well-being of humankind.
Guess this means you haven't gotten laid yet.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67837 Feb 20, 2014
By sitting in one place and directing a powerful force at specific parts of the body of say Sam Harris or Deepak Chopra, I can, after some time, disrupt the person's nervous system with disastrous results. But, I am toooooo kind to do such a terrible thing though I have the capacity to do so and have experimented with such dangerous psi powers in the past.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67838 Feb 20, 2014
I am, I am, I am superman
And I know what's happening.
I am, I am, I am superman
And I can do anything.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67839 Feb 20, 2014
After viewing most of the late Christopher Hitchen's vids available on You Tube, I say that I find him witty in a verbal way given his brilliant turn of phrases but he lacked incisive intelligence and most of his arguments are way too pedestrian to be taken seriously and can be easily defeated. Poor fellow he suffered on account of esophageal cancer and died a horrible death.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67840 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Guess this means you haven't gotten laid yet.
Hi there, Doc.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67841 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
He said the Commies killed more people than the Nazis did. So I sent him this:
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011...
All in all, the Germans deliberately killed about 11 million noncombatants, a figure that rises to more than 12 million if foreseeable deaths from deportation, hunger, and sentences in concentration camps are included. For the Soviets during the Stalin period, the analogous figures are approximately six million and nine million. These figures are of course subject to revision, but it is very unlikely that the consensus will change again as radically as it has since the opening of Eastern European archives in the 1990s.
Add another two million thanks to the Khmer Rouge, and then there is N Korea...

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67842 Feb 20, 2014
I find physicist Lawrence Krauss even stupider than Hitchens. Dr Krauss has some advanced mathematical ability that he puts to a certain degree of good use in his field of theoretical physics. Mathematical proficiency is not too difficult to acquire if one possesses sufficient capacity for numerical operations, has competent teachers to serve as guides and if one practices hard. However, Krauss lacks that deep intelligence that can perceive coherent patterns in nature and in human personality and draw correct conclusions from these. His ideas on life, morality, mind-body and intentionality are dangerous and can make one a pervert if one adopts them thereby damaging one's harmony of the different states of being. I have seen many of his debates and am not too impressed.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67843 Feb 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there, Doc.
Hi there, dude.

I also enjoyed Christopher "Don't call me Chris" Hitchens.

I would have liked to see you in a debate with him. I would bet on him.

He said that if anyone heard after his death that he made a deathbed conversion to any type of religion - not to believe it. He did not.

Are you in fact "cool?" Just curious.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67844 Feb 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Add another two million thanks to the Khmer Rouge, and then there is N Korea...
But if you expand it, the non-Commies would win.

A weighted, per capita analysis though might yield a different result.

Some estimate the US killed at the very least 10s of thousand and possibly 100s of thousand of innocents in Iraq. Collateral damage.

Any better result there than in Vietnam?

And on and on......

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67845 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I would have liked to see you in a debate with him. I would bet on him.
Ok, you're free to place your bet on anyone.

I don't find Hitchens intelligent, cultured or humane.

If Hitchens or for the matter if anyone debates a creationist then it's expected that Hitchens will emerge victorious.

One does not need more than a 7th Grader's intelligence to defeat a creationist.

Hitchens was just a smooth orator dealing with 7th Grade run-of-the mill logic that can easily be defeated.

Anyway, how're doing, man?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67846 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you in fact "cool?" Just curious.
What do you mean by "cool"?

It's a very subjective term.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67847 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

He said that if anyone heard after his death that he made a deathbed conversion to any type of religion - not to believe it. He did not.
What a childish thing to say on his part.

Religion is dead.

The personal God does not exist.

Religious rituals are for morons.

So, anyone with ordinary logic would rather turn atheist.

Hitchens was too superficial in thinking and way too rash in his lifestyle and his arrogance stemmed from the solid backing he received from many of the movers and shakers of the world.

Poor fellow, he died a horrible death.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67848 Feb 20, 2014
so is "uber"
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67849 Feb 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you're free to place your bet on anyone.
I don't find Hitchens intelligent, cultured or humane.
If Hitchens or for the matter if anyone debates a creationist then it's expected that Hitchens will emerge victorious.
One does not need more than a 7th Grader's intelligence to defeat a creationist.
Hitchens was just a smooth orator dealing with 7th Grade run-of-the mill logic that can easily be defeated.
Anyway, how're doing, man?
I'm doing ok. Lots of melting snow around here.

How's it hangin'?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67850 Feb 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "cool"?
It's a very subjective term.
Sine you're the one who uses the word "cool" in you
cyber "handle'- how bout you tell me what it means?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67851 Feb 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
What a childish thing to say on his part.
Religion is dead.
The personal God does not exist.
Religious rituals are for morons.
So, anyone with ordinary logic would rather turn atheist.
Hitchens was too superficial in thinking and way too rash in his lifestyle and his arrogance stemmed from the solid backing he received from many of the movers and shakers of the world.
Poor fellow, he died a horrible death.
Do you mean logic? Or reason? Please explain your answer.

Why do you call believers morons? You believe in yoga, not drinking and virginity. And who knows what else.

Maybe you're the moron.

Don't you think these folks believe in their faith the same that your believe in yours?

Perhaps to many, you look just as silly.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67852 Feb 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
so is "uber"
Flawed logic, as expected.

The term "uber" when applied to say a brand or to individual ability can be evaluated scientifically/objectively.

If I say Armani is an uber haute couturier, the claim can be verified objectively by evaluating the techniques employed in cutting, stitching, quality of dyes, fabric weave, measurements and embellishments used like pure gold threads or Swarovski crystals for which well established scientific/objective standards of evaluation exist.

If a PhD in a scientific discipline repeatedly fails to correctly answer fundamental questions in Math, Physics and Chemistry then it can easily be inferred that he is not uber but is, on the contrary, a dunce.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Mexico airline service threatened if White ... Mar 18 lambert 1
News Doctor accused of inappropriate exam behavior t... (Nov '09) Mar 5 someone on the si... 355
News Morales bill to consolidate early ed programs s... Feb 26 einstein 1
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Feb '17 Tony 629
Information and concern Jan '17 mandmlb 1
Confirmed Denny's IS moving into Silver City (Nov '08) Jan '17 Edwin 28
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2

Pinos Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages