Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

former res

Cheshire, CT

#67809 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be your browser. I can cut and paste no problem...
Claim: Xmas' is a modern, disrespectful abbreviation of the word 'Christmas.'
FALSE
Origins: The abbreviation of 'Xmas' for 'Christmas' is neither modern nor disrespectful. The notion that it is a new and vulgar representation of the word 'Christmas' seems to stem from the erroneous
belief that the letter 'X' is used to stand for the word 'Christ' because of its resemblance to a cross, or that the abbreviation was deliberately concocted "to take the 'Christ' out of Christmas."
Actually, this usage is nearly as old as Christianity itself, and its origins lie in the fact that the first letter in the Greek word for 'Christ' is 'chi,' and the Greek letter 'chi' is represented by a symbol similar to the letter 'X' in the modern Roman alphabet. Hence 'Xmas' is indeed perfectly legitimate abbreviation for the word 'Christmas'(just as 'Xian' is also sometimes used as an abbreviation of the word 'Christian').
None of this means that Christians (and others) aren't justified in feeling slighted when people write 'Xmas' rather than 'Christmas,' but the point is that the abbreviation was not created specifically for the purpose of demeaning Christ, Christians, Christianity, or Christmas — it's a very old artifact of a very different language.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmas...
Hey thanks.

Now I can too.

I wonder if something changed - maybe on my end.

I have Explorer.

Interesting article too.

It seems just folks are just waiting around to be insulted or persecuted.

We all need to get over it.

It's all good.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67810 Feb 19, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Cult of reason.::
Christianity is not original at all. Christianity is a copy of the pagan scandianian Yule.
There is nothing original with christianity!
I thought Xtians were just competed Jews.

Kidding guys!!

:))

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#67811 Feb 19, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Cult of reason.::
Christianity is not original at all. Christianity is a copy of the pagan scandianian Yule.
There is nothing original with christianity!
Preaching to the choir.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67812 Feb 19, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Huggy should also make himself familiar with the Streisand effect...
The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
you got mail!(email)

Location hidden

#67813 Feb 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Xtians were just competed Jews.
Kidding guys!!
:))
completed

must I complete everything for you xtians?

Location hidden

#67814 Feb 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it really is like the n word, where they can call each other one but you can't.
What the hell do I know?
kind of like the fact we cant call Hughbe a f_ag?

(with a *wink* to the topix auto-censor)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67815 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
completed
must I complete everything for you xtians?
Funny!

See?!! God's hand came down and made me do a typo!

I am now full of contrition.

3 Hail Mary's and 4 Our Fathers for me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67818 Feb 19, 2014
Boys let us get back on track. So, Cunti, Frijoles and Ricky please address what comes next.

Step 1--- A school has long established policies with respect to disciplinary matters.

Step 2---A new Board assumes governance.

Step 3--- The existing principal makes the following declaration at a staff meeting, several months after the new Board has been in place.

DECLARATION:
In matters of discipline I have borne in mind that its procedures/policies are put in place by the board independent of the executive management of the school . I have therefore undertaken on no occasion to prescribe the procedures suited to it, but have left them, as the new board found them

TASK: Please explain ALL of the above as clearly as you are capable of doing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67820 Feb 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn proper English.
Judaism is a system of beliefs and behaviors. Jews are a people. You cant be a member of a system of beliefs and behaviors. Its an abstraction. Thats like saying Communists are a member of Communism.
In my mind I had moved on but I shall revisit the matter for a short time.

In doing so, I have ONE thing that I require of you and that you speak HONESTLY on the points being raised.

Now, do you have a problem with members of a religion being called by a word that clearly IDENTIFIES and links them to that particular religion?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67821 Feb 19, 2014
replace THAT with THEIR

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#67822 Feb 19, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Boys let us get back on track. So, Cunti, Frijoles and Ricky please address what comes next.

Step 1--- A school has long established policies with respect to disciplinary matters.

Step 3--- The existing principal makes the following declaration at a staff meeting, several months after the new Board has been in place.

DECLARATION:
In matters of discipline I have borne in mind that its procedures/policies are put in place by the board independent of the executive management of the school . I have therefore undertaken on no occasion to prescribe the procedures suited to it, but have left them, as the new board found them

Is the answer,'Who gives a fetid dingo's kidney?'
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67823 Feb 19, 2014
Huggy

You have failed to explain why you choose wrath (a deadly sin) over "doing unto others as you would have them do unto you" (not as they did unto you).

And how about turning the other cheek?

What would your savior say of your approach of vengeance?

HughBe--- Absolutely NOT but I am a far BETTER person that the overwhelming MAJORITY of the human family.

Why do you say this?

And didn't Jesus preach humility?

thanking you in advance for your thoughtful reply

Location hidden

#67824 Feb 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
DECLARATION:
Cutting to the chase, the answer is forty-two.

Location hidden

#67825 Feb 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In my mind I had moved on but I shall revisit the matter for a short time.
In doing so, I have ONE thing that I require of you and that you speak HONESTLY on the points being raised.
Now, do you have a problem with members of a religion being called by a word that clearly IDENTIFIES and links them to that particular religion?
No, dinglebutt, I have a problem with people mangling conjugations of a word

Can you be a member of Communism? No, but a Communist is a person who follow/believes in Communism.

Can you be a member of Judaism? Np, but a Jew is a person who follows/believes in Judaism

-------

An "ism" is an abstraction, not a group of humans.

ism
a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.

You did go to grammar school at one time, didnt you?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67826 Feb 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dinglebutt, I have a problem with people mangling conjugations of a word
Can you be a member of Communism? No, but a Communist is a person who follow/believes in Communism.
Can you be a member of Judaism? Np, but a Jew is a person who follows/believes in Judaism
-------
An "ism" is an abstraction, not a group of humans.
ism
a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.
You did go to grammar school at one time, didnt you?
But is it ok to use god as a verb?

;)

Is a dinglebutt that which produces an excessive number of dingleberrys?

But I agree. I can be a member of a certain Catholic church/parish/ or even diocese - but I would be follower/believer of Catholicism.

Huggy should know better.

Location hidden

#67827 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
But is it ok to use god as a verb?
;)
Is a dinglebutt that which produces an excessive number of dingleberrys?
But I agree. I can be a member of a certain Catholic church/parish/ or even diocese - but I would be follower/believer of Catholicism.
Huggy should know better.
Yes, only because there is no consensus on what God is. There is consensus on what a Communist is, and what is Communism.

Yes, on the question regarding the posterior.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67828 Feb 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, only because there is no consensus on what God is. There is consensus on what a Communist is, and what is Communism.
Yes, on the question regarding the posterior.
Last weekend I told my 85-year-old father-in-law (a rabid libertarian) that I didn't think communism was an inherently dirty word.

Needless to say, he did not agree.

Location hidden

#67829 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Last weekend I told my 85-year-old father-in-law (a rabid libertarian) that I didn't think communism was an inherently dirty word.
Needless to say, he did not agree.
No more than Marxism, Trotskyism, Bolshevism, etc etc

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67830 Feb 20, 2014
MANTRA AFFECTS THE BRAIN EM FIELD:

A mantra is a special combination of primal sounds that affects the vibrating molecules of the brain cells. If I habitually meditate on a specific portion of the brain and direct at it a certain mantra during meditation and keep up the chant with concentration even when I am not meditating the sound waves of the mantra gradually affect the neuronal activity and its concomitant EM field and when the sound waves, generated by the mantra, after intense practice which may extend to months or even years, permanently suffuses the EM field of the neuronal network of that part of the brain targeted then a shift in frequency of the neuronal EM field in that spot of the brain takes place and as a result heat is generated that may be accompanied by the manifestation of specific colors seen within and internal sounds of crackling may be heard. The neuronal synchrony now fire at a rate of vibration that is on par with the frequency of the sound wave generated by the mantra and with this new activation of brain EM field arises occult phenomena like psi vision, hearing of inaudible sounds, nonlocal connections, etc.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67831 Feb 20, 2014
PHYSICAL IMMORTALITY?

Religious woo woo refers a lot to physical immortality being achieved by infusing the body with a certain higher range of consciousness.

None of the avatars, prophets and yogis who spoke about bodily immortality could achieve this supreme condition. They died and are dust.

Consciousness not being stuff or energy but an activity of complex neuronal networks (that generates EM fields) is by itself incapable of transforming matter.

I wonder if somehow a very high order of neuronal firing synchrony could be generated by some cutting-edge technological process or by a profound meditative method which could consequently produce a corresponding high degree of EM energy in the brain that would then infuse the molecular chains of the body reversing cellular senescence and arresting telomere shrinkage in chromosomes and as a result bring about prolongation of life by .

Even if such a Herculean feat of making the body immortal is possible, it would not render the body invincible from accidents, poison and murder by sharp weapons/gunfire.

Just thinkin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 22 Tony 627
News Santa Clara mayor Imelda Lopez resigns (Jul '09) Sep 17 Youwishusetobethere 4
News Reward offered in rash of burglaries (Sep '09) Sep 13 Sick of Stupidity 40
News Southwest Print Fiesta will be held on Labor Da... Aug '16 just asking 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... (Jun '15) Aug '16 save the water 5
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul '16 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul '16 mrtnz1955 2

Pinos Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages