Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72083 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#67750 Feb 18, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dispute the claim that the founding fathers set up America as a Christian nation.
No religion is monolithic. Hence the religious freedom granted to all the sects. hence the motto "In God we trust" instead of "In Jesus we trust". A nod to the Deists, the "Israelites" and the "Mohammedans" of that period.
Huggy, the guy who wont even call himself a Christian, is imputing a degree of religious organization that was absent, in order to bolster his identity. During colonial times there were probably a dozen Christian sects, and at least half of them probably thought the other ones were not even Christian.
rabbee: the founding fathers where here, long before the writing of the declaration of independence. and why did they write the constitution, the way they did with so many only true diverse churches? well that one, is self answering. do you even know the history of europe, as to why all those persecuted christians came over here? so they would not be forced by the state, to conform to a religion that was not theirs.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67751 Feb 18, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this is a foreign concept for you, but when you have a government "...of the people, by the people, for the people", then "nation" and "government" become one.
goes without saying.

but you said it anyway.

But even if you looked at the issue demographically - he is still wrong. America was an Indian (native-American) nation by population.

Location hidden

#67752 Feb 18, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--- However, I dont use xtianity often
HughBe--- How often must it be used to be HATEFUL and DISRESPECTFUL?
How can YOU live in America and feel free to DISRESPECT the vast MAJORITY of its people?
Frijoles---Irrelevant to your use of Judaite
HughBe--- Perfectly CORRECT as your use of Xtian and xtianity are GROSSLY DISRESPECTFUL and constitute HATE speech.
On the other hand my use of Judahite is meant to PREVENT confusion meaning I use it to make a clear distinction between members of Judaism a religion with both JEWS and CONVERTS and the JEWISH people who are ALL JEWS and shall ALWAYS be JEWS in reality and in MY mind regardless of beliefs. For e.g. Eric's brother is a JEW and shall ALWAYS be so in my mind.
I know that your rabbis hold a contrary view.
\

Nonsense. Judahite is your personal term. No one else uses it. And you use it to create distinctions in a pathetic attempt to stigmatize those NOT in your tribe.
E23Jer34

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands

#67753 Feb 18, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. It was created by the UN.
Is it more murderous than the US?
I take it you won't be visiting.
The Rothschild family who created Israel is more mudereous than USA. The wars US government is fighting is because of the banking monopoly created by the rothschild family.

The US war lobby is AIPAC. It's jewish.
The monopoly on the money system is being controled by Fedral Reserve.

The Rothschild family has caused every major wars since the 1800's.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#67754 Feb 18, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
POST 67621
<quoted text>
Nope. There were Christians within the developing nation, but as the quote from Jefferson asserts - the idea that America was established as a CHRISTIAN nation is false.
rabbee: sure you can trust a politician, telling a bunch of muslims in tripoli. if you like your insurance, you can keep it also. the united states, was a nation of almost christian denominations, all the way up until the government, got control of the educational system in the 20th century. and i am old enough to have, observed this happening.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#67755 Feb 18, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>\
Nonsense. Judahite is your personal term. No one else uses it. And you use it to create distinctions in a pathetic attempt to stigmatize those NOT in your tribe.
Jew haters will always come up with some term or another to describe us (the people they hate/fear so much).

150 years ago, Bavarian Jew haters started using the word "Semite" to describe the Jews of Europe. While technically accurate, it was used spitefully to indicate that while Jews had fully assimilated into European culture, we could not -- by virtue of our foreign blood -- be a part of Xtian Europe.

Ironically, that argument has been tipped like a cow and now Jew haters argue that Israel can't belong to Jews because we're too European to be allowed to live there (while we used to be too Semitic to be allowed to live in Europe).

Is some Jew-hating wanker wants to come up with his own pet name for Jews, let him at it. I prefer my anti-Semites open and out of the closet. That way they make easy targets for Mossad.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#67756 Feb 18, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
goes without saying.
but you said it anyway.
But even if you looked at the issue demographically - he is still wrong. America was an Indian (native-American) nation by population.
His arguments fail on so many levels.

And I see he is still ranting on and on over the use of the perfectly acceptable xtian label.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67757 Feb 18, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>\
My boy, STOP getting personal and STOP LYING.

I am NOT a Jew but I have JEWISH DNA and Jewish FAMILY and it is AGAINST my nature to LIE or to STIGMATIZE anyone.

Also, instead of focusing on the discussion YOU seek to drag the discussion to your gutter level. It is a FACT that I called you a Judahite BUT I was talking to YOU and NOT ALL the members of Judaism.

Now, it is a PROVABLE and established FACT that YOU have nasty habit of taking comments directed at YOU and meant ONLY for YOU and apply it to the the ENTIRE Jewish RACE as you have now done. Understand, you are NOT of the ilk to speak on behalf of my JEWISH FAMILY by BLOOD and NOT by CONVERSION.

Finally, YOU are a CRIMINAL type, in my opinion.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67758 Feb 18, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
His arguments fail on so many levels.
And I see he is still ranting on and on over the use of the perfectly acceptable xtian label.
Cunti--- perfectly acceptable xtian label

HughBe--- Acceptable to who, Cunti? I as a Christian find it OFFENSIVE and I don't know of any Christian who would call himself xtian. What is your challenge with using the word Christian? Is your challenge the ability to spell or is it pure nastiness?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67759 Feb 18, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Jew haters will always come up with some term or another to describe us (the people they hate/fear so much).
150 years ago, Bavarian Jew haters started using the word "Semite" to describe the Jews of Europe. While technically accurate, it was used spitefully to indicate that while Jews had fully assimilated into European culture, we could not -- by virtue of our foreign blood -- be a part of Xtian Europe.
Ironically, that argument has been tipped like a cow and now Jew haters argue that Israel can't belong to Jews because we're too European to be allowed to live there (while we used to be too Semitic to be allowed to live in Europe).
Is some Jew-hating wanker wants to come up with his own pet name for Jews, let him at it. I prefer my anti-Semites open and out of the closet. That way they make easy targets for Mossad.
1. Haters of Christians and Christianity will always come up with some term or another to describe us e.g. xtianity and xtian.

2. What is the difference between an atheist Jew and a member of Judaism?

3. What is HATE? Why do people HATE Jews?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67760 Feb 18, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You've evaded my question about the Golden Rule: Do onto others as you would have them do unto you.
Why do you not follow it?
Are you a good Christian?
Former---Huggy, do you not agree with the Golden Rule?

HughBe---I stand by my words that Christian NATIONS should treat members of other RELIGIONS the EXACT way that CHRISTIANS are treated in those nations where that particular region is the dominant one.

Former---You've evaded my question about the Golden Rule:Do onto others as you would have them do unto you.Why do you not follow it?

HughBe--- I believe that your meaning/understanding of the word FOLLOW is strange.

Based on your words above tell me how my stated position is at odds with the Golden Rule.

Do you know the word RECIPROCITY? What is the link between it and the Golden Rule?

How does my position of treating others EXACTLY as they treat Christians a violation of that law?

Let me help you some more, I am COMFORTABLE with being treated the SAME way that I am RECIPROCATING to others.

Golden Rule: Treat others as you want them to treat you

Former---Are you a good Christian?

HughBe--- Absolutely NOT but I am a far BETTER person that the overwhelming MAJORITY of the human family.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67761 Feb 18, 2014
Cow-tipping is a myth.

night night
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67762 Feb 18, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
37.8% of all statistics are pulled out of someone's bottom.
I said that almost 50% of Jews are NOT religious and you in your typically brainless way YOU said that "37.8% of all statistics are pulled out of someone's bottom".

Look at the situation in a RELIGIOUS country like Israel. From the information below we see that 67% are non-RELIGIOUS and so I was wrong that it was not almost 50%.

42%= SECULAR and 25% as NON-RELIGIOUS-traditionalists.

"As of 2009, 8% of Israeli Jews defined themselves as Haredim; an additional 12% as "religious"; 13% as "religious-traditionalist s" ; 25% as "non-religious-traditiona lists" (not strictly adhering to Jewish law or halakha); and 42% as "secular"

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#67763 Feb 18, 2014
former res wrote:
Cow-tipping is a myth.
night night
Myths as metaphor are culturally very significant.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67764 Feb 18, 2014
Correction:Not ALL Jews belong to Judaism and in fact almost 50% are NOT members of Judaism.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67765 Feb 18, 2014
former res wrote:
Cow-tipping is a myth.
night night
Sleep well and that was insightful.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67766 Feb 18, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ok, Huggy, it's been dealt with:
The Supreme Court of the United States held in its landmark case, McGowan v. Maryland (1961), that Maryland's blue laws violated neither the Free Exercise Clause nor the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. It approved the state's blue law restricting commercial activities on Sunday, noting that while such laws originated to encourage attendance at Christian churches, the contemporary Maryland laws were intended to serve "to provide a uniform day of rest for all citizens" on a secular basis and to promote the secular values of "health, safety, recreation, and general well-being" through a common day of rest. That this day coincides with Christian Sabbath is not a bar to the state's secular goals; it neither reduces its effectiveness for secular purposes nor prevents adherents of other religions from observing their own holy days.[10]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law#United_...
Useful
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67767 Feb 18, 2014
Oh Frijoles, here is your assignment. DO IT.

Step 1--- A school has long established policies with respect to disciplinary matters.

Step 2---A new Board assumes governance.

Step 3--- The existing principal makes the following declaration at a staff meeting, several months after the new Board has been in place.

DECLARATION:
In matters of discipline I have borne in mind that its procedures/policies are put in place by the board independent of the executive management of the school . I have therefore undertaken on no occasion to prescribe the procedures suited to it, but have left them, as the new board found them

TASK: Please explain ALL of the above as clearly as you are capable of doing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67768 Feb 18, 2014
I shall now join my friend Former and take my leave.

Good night to ALL and YES it includes even you Ricky.

Location hidden

#67769 Feb 19, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Cunti--- perfectly acceptable xtian label
HughBe--- Acceptable to who, Cunti? I as a Christian find it OFFENSIVE and I don't know of any Christian who would call himself xtian. What is your challenge with using the word Christian? Is your challenge the ability to spell or is it pure nastiness?
I guess they dont teach you GOOGLE in Sunday School

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
WHAT "XTIAN" IS NOT...
"Xtian" is NOT a shorted version of a believer &/or follower of Jesus Christ. Unlike the term "Xmas" which is offensive to many Christians (taking Christ out of Christmas), "Xtian" has a totally different meaning.

WHAT A "XTIAN" IS...
"Xtian" is term to describe people who are radical followers of Jesus Christ in word, thought and deed (they actually obey the bible and are humble & repentant about their sin & failings before a perfect & holy God; their lives center around repentance & obedience to God). It describes those who have & are still being conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.

DEFINITION:

Here is how the word "Xtian" breaks down...

1). the "X" in Latin is defined as 'To delete, cancel, or obliterate'(i.e. kill, crush & crucify).

2). the "tian" in Latin means 'to hold, grasp, have'.

So an "Xtian" is a believer who dies to self (gives up everything they hold & have), thru the power of Jesus Christ and radically conforms to His image; a servant/bondservant of Christ. Not by their own power but by submitting everything in their lives to Christ (even if they have to die), for His glory.

For more explanation about dying to self & conforming tho His image, watch the youtube video entitled "Get Your Cup SO Full of JESUS that Nothing Else Can Fit!" by fotm1.

SCRIPTURE REFERENCES:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DA Francesca Estevez back in court for hearing May 9 Sikofit 4
News Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr 27 Wagonburner 17
Former deputy Michel Aguirre back in custody (May '17) Apr 27 Wagonburner 4
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... (Jul '16) Apr 27 Wagonburner 4
Silver City Tourist Experience Apr '18 Visiting Tourists 1
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
News Tour of the Gila benefits everyone not just cyc... (May '12) May '12 Old Man 1

Pinos Altos Jobs

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages