Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71942 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67464 Feb 11, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the text below, do you suppose that they held Saturday/Sabbath or Friday to be a HOLY days?
What does the except SUNDAYS tell you?
“If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (SUNDAYS excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.”
The Constitution of the United States of America, Article 1, Section 7
You do understand that several of the Founding Fathers were Deists, and not Christian?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism#Deism_in_t...

n the United States, Enlightenment philosophy (which itself was heavily inspired by deist ideals) played a major role in creating the principle of religious freedom, expressed in Thomas Jefferson's letters and included in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. American Founding Fathers, or Framers of the Constitution, who were especially noted for being influenced by such philosophy include Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Cornelius Harnett, Gouverneur Morris, and Hugh Williamson. Their political speeches show distinct deistic influence.

Other notable Founding Fathers may have been more directly deist. These include James Madison, possibly Alexander Hamilton, Ethan Allen,[47] and Thomas Paine (who published The Age of Reason, a treatise that helped to popularize deism throughout the USA and Europe).

A major contributor was Elihu Palmer (1764–1806), who wrote the "Bible" of American deism in his Principles of Nature (1801) and attempted to organize deism by forming the "Deistical Society of New York".

In the United States there is controversy over whether the Founding Fathers were Christians, deists, or something in between.[48][49] Particularly heated is the debate over the beliefs of Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington.[50][51][52]
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67465 Feb 11, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful ... no good Jewish boy would ever embarrass his mother that way.
E23Jer34---Jesus was a jew...

RM---Doubtful ... no good Jewish boy would ever embarrass his mother that way

HughBe--- Doubtful? Prove that Jesus NOT a Jew? Your words speak for themselves.

Are you worth the DUST off Jesus' feet? ABSOLUTELY NOT and neither ALL those who would support your DISHONEST and EVIL words.

I repeat Christians should treat others the EXACT way that others treat them.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#67466 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
And then there were the colonies/territories of Rhode Island AND Virginia which were both founded on the notion of religious freedom for ALL (and not just Christians).
And I believe Georgia was the same as well.
On the other hand, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania were founded to be communes for their respective religious cults. I'm pretty sure that was a least one of reasons behind forbidding Congress from getting into the whole establishing religion business.

Location hidden

#67467 Feb 11, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the except SUNDAYS tell you?
That the President likes football?

Location hidden

#67468 Feb 11, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
...Are you worth the DUST off Jesus' feet?
Seriously... what's up with Xtians and feet? It's like a major fetish in their religion.

Location hidden

#67469 Feb 11, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania were founded to be communes for their respective religious cults. I'm pretty sure that was a least one of reasons behind forbidding Congress from getting into the whole establishing religion business.
Absoultely,.I alluded to that in a previous post. The Puritans just wanted to be left alone, and wanted guarantees as such. They werent concerned with anybody else's affairs. Connecticut - as well since it was a break off from Mass.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67470 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that several of the Founding Fathers were Deists, and not Christian?
n the United States, Enlightenment philosophy (which itself was heavily inspired by deist ideals) played a major role in creating the principle of religious freedom, expressed in Thomas Jefferson's letters and included in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. American Founding Fathers, or Framers of the Constitution, who were especially noted for being influenced by such philosophy include Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Cornelius Harnett, Gouverneur Morris, and Hugh Williamson. Their political speeches show distinct deistic influence.
Other notable Founding Fathers may have been more directly deist. These include James Madison, possibly Alexander Hamilton, Ethan Allen,[47] and Thomas Paine (who published The Age of Reason, a treatise that helped to popularize deism throughout the USA and Europe).
A major contributor was Elihu Palmer (1764–1806), who wrote the "Bible" of American deism in his Principles of Nature (1801) and attempted to organize deism by forming the "Deistical Society of New York".
In the United States there is controversy over whether the Founding Fathers were Christians, deists, or something in between.[48][49] Particularly heated is the debate over the beliefs of Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington.[50][51][52]
Son, please don't confuse yourself. Now answer my questions.

1. What does the except SUNDAYS tell you? Is it treating Sunday as SPECIAL? Is it treating Friday or Saturday/Sabbath as special or holy days?

“If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (SUNDAYS excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.”

2. What religion was practiced by the vast majority of Americans when the constitution was being written?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67471 Feb 11, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent answer and the truth is he watched it on CNN, as you know.

Location hidden

#67472 Feb 11, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
totally amusing to hear a fundamentalist from Jamaica try to interpret American history for us. I would think he would have his hands (or feet) full with explaining away Voodoo from his own island first. And then perhaps Reggae since it is obviously a sin against his god.

Location hidden

#67473 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans have always maintained a very weird (in my opinion) duality between religion and politics. One of the strangest I ever saw was in a movie I watched recently, "Gabriel Over the White House"

In that movie, a newly elected President undergoes a spiritual conversion as the result of a car accident and becomes possessed by the angel Gabriel. In the movie he goes on to disband Congress, redact the Constitution and set up extrajudicial courts and -- in the end -- he is the "hero" of the movie.

The movie, made in 1939 with money of WR Hurst and the blessing and encouragement of FD Roosevelt, was like a love-letter to fascism. Fascism with religious overtones.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67474 Feb 11, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously... what's up with Xtians and feet? It's like a major fetish in their religion.
Son, it is not the feet that is the focus it is the dust.

FYI, sandals were the typical footwear back them and so feet would be exposed to dust.

Location hidden

#67475 Feb 11, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, please don't confuse yourself. Now answer my questions.
1. What does the except SUNDAYS tell you? Is it treating Sunday as SPECIAL? Is it treating Friday or Saturday/Sabbath as special or holy days?
2. What religion was practiced by the vast majority of Americans when the constitution was being written?
1. Tells me nothing. Post man doesnt deliver mail on Saturdays (or Wednesdays either apparently), what does that mean? Most banks close at 4 pm. What does that mean?

2. Better question was how many languages were spoken at the founding of the nation. Multiply that by about 50 and then you will get the number of religions. The idea that xtianity was a monolithic practice then, or now, has no moorings.

Location hidden

#67476 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text> Absoultely,.I alluded to that in a previous post. The Puritans just wanted to be left alone, and wanted guarantees as such. They werent concerned with anybody else's affairs. Connecticut - as well since it was a break off from Mass.
That being said, the Boston Puritans did hire a mercenary to kidnap their rival Quaker leader William Penn on his way to found Pennsylvania and sell him as a slave in Barbados.

So much for wanting to be left alone.
No Wars For Israel

Stamford, CT

#67477 Feb 11, 2014
Yet another Jew caught red-handed manufacturing "anti-Semitism"
Most of you reading here are probably familiar with the many examples in which Jews themselves are caught red-handed spray painting "anti-Semitic" and anti-Israel graffiti, slogans, and symbols in public places in order to manufacture "anti-Semitism", perpetuating the Jews' "victimhood" and "persecuted people" status - a central aspect of Jewish identity.

Once again, a Jewish student in New York was found guilty of spray painting "anti-Semitic" graffiti in public, as the Jewish Telegraph Agency recently reported:

A Long Island yeshiva student was charged with repeatedly scrawling anti-Semitic graffiti inside a commuter train station.

Jonathan Schuster, 18, a senior at Priority-1: Torah Academy of Lawrence-Cedarhurst, in Cedarhurst, N.Y.,was charged with the crimes on Thursday

He admitted to using black marker to write anti-Semitic statements, often including expletives, on eight occasions since December 2012, police told Newsday.

The boy, who lives in Far Rockaway, Queens, has no previous criminal record. The vandalism, at the Cedarhurst Long Island Railroad Station, mostly occurred at night, with the graffiti consisting of obscenities directed at Orthodox Jews scrawled on train platform billboards or station signs. On one occasion, a swastika was etched into the wall of a platform shelter.[...]
Typical Jewish behavior: constantly reinforcing and perpetuating their own "persecuted people" and "victimhood" status, usually by entirely fabricating or deceitfully exaggerating anti-Jewish sentiment, in order to keep their own people in line with the international messianic Talmudic agenda of world domination and subjugation.

These sorts of propaganda stunts also serve to reinforce and perpetuate this false narrative of Jewish history - one of unjustified "persecution" and "hatred", when in reality genuine anti-Jewish sentiment has always erupted due to Jewish behavior, criminality, subversion, and agitation - to the non-Jewish community as well.

In the Gospel of John, 8:44, Jesus Christ addressed the people we know as Jews today, stating: "Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." We would be wise to remember those powerful words, and the truth contained the rein.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67478 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Josiah(Father of BF) intended for Benjamin to enter into the clergy. They were Christians.

Location hidden

#67479 Feb 11, 2014
Time to dust off the old Emo Philips joke again -- a golden oldie

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump.

I said, "Don't do it!"
He said, "Nobody loves me."
I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"
He said, "A Christian."
I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me, too! What franchise?"
He said, "Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."

I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

Location hidden

#67480 Feb 11, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
That being said, the Boston Puritans did hire a mercenary to kidnap their rival Quaker leader William Penn on his way to found Pennsylvania and sell him as a slave in Barbados.
So much for wanting to be left alone.
Thats ok - the peace loving Quakers also subcontracted the Appalachian Scots-Irish "borderlanders" (who came from the Scottish borders with a violent history) to kill the Native-Americans on the periphery of their colony. The arrangement worked out well until the Appalachians got too uppity and decided to invade Philadelphia one day.

Location hidden

#67481 Feb 11, 2014
[QUOTE who="No Wars For Israel"
In the Gospel of John, 8:44, Jesus Christ addressed the people we know as Jews today, stating: "Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." We would be wise to remember those powerful words, and the truth contained the rein.[/QUOTE]

yet another Gospel citing heathen
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67482 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles---Tells me nothing. Post man doesnt deliver mail on Saturdays (or Wednesdays either apparently), what does that mean? Most banks close at 4 pm.

What does that mean?

HughBe--- It means that YOU do NOT understand what you read. The document was already GIVEN to the PRESIDENT. Try again at understanding and do answer ALL my questions.

“If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (SUNDAYS excepted) AFTER it shall have been PRESENTED TO HIM, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.”
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67483 Feb 11, 2014
They were Christians---Should have been bracketed as those are my words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you know how safe your kids are around trust... 20 hr jbik 3
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Tue Carnalito loco 1
Review: Custom Steelworks May 1 u know who 1
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Apr 13 Tony 617
News Barshaw on suicide watch (Dec '10) Apr 5 yankeedudell 57
News Carlsbad air service provider will not renew co... Apr '15 Tyler King 4
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]