Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,974
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#66821 Feb 4, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
...and anyway, my point is that your definition of god is so wide, so all-encompassing, so lucy-goosey - that by your definition I should say I believe in god too.
But I wouldn't. It would confuse people into thinking I believe something that I don't and that would (in my opinion) be entirely justified.
Hence my previous confusion. But we're cool now. As you were.
I cant tell you what you believe in.

But as usual, I will note that my perspective is from a road well trodden as well. And to add that Godtalk (and "Godlogic") doesnt really lead you to knowing god, from this perspective. Its all about experience. Thats how you "know" God from this perspective. Not from logic.

Location hidden

#66822 Feb 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting that the God of ALL flesh is understood in "new ways" by members of your religion/Judaism and by NEW WAYS I take it that you mean that they have a BETTER understanding of Him now than in ancient times.
Why this is fascinating is that unlike the prophets who SPOKE to God and the ancient Israelites who He spoke with, these MORE enlightened ones DO NOT have DIRECT experiences with Him. In fact they do NOT have any experience with Him. So, on what is this better understanding based upon? Is it based on the cycles of the rabbis?
Fascinating.
What make you think people cant have direct experience with God. This very moment?

Why do you make your God so inaccessible? Thats elitist. What a bummer of a religion.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66823 Feb 4, 2014
Frijoles----I guess this is the point where you need a REMINDER as to why we are conversing
You stated that reward and punishment was a DOMINANT theology of Judaism (not of the Bible, but of Jews like me) and used Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur as examples.

HughBe---- I am now saying to YOU and ALL who think like YOU that it takes a CRIMINAL to make such FALSE and LYING comments.

Read my ACTUAL words below and their context. Note, I NEVER said Jews like YOU and I NEVER spoke of rewards and punishment as a DOMINANT theology of Judaism.

YOU said-- And almost NONE follow mitzvot as an response to reward/punishment.

I/HughBe responded and said-- Are you really a Jew and MORE importantly a member of Judaism?(Explain those words)

Explain the lack of reward/punishment that is associated with the Rosh Hashanah and the Day of Atonement. Tell us what are the teachings associated with these festivals.

Now having reposted my comments above, YOU cite post # and quote my words that support your EVIL, Judahite.

Support:
1. I "stated that reward and punishment was a DOMINANT theology of Judaism "
2. I said " (not of the Bible, but of Jews like me)" and used Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur as examples.

I shall actually expose you more as a lowlife life by quoting some more of my words.

HughBe----"Research the BLESSINGS/rewards and the PUNISHMENTS that are DETAILED in the Torah." post 66759 page 3014.

Let me explain the words above, they speak of rewards and punishment in the BIBLE and so when I said Torah I meant BIBLE.

Frijoles----So basically you just AGREED with my train of posts, and then (earlier) started to attack me for following the Talmud (red herring and straw argument)

HughBe--- Explain the word attack and cite my attacking words along with post #.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66824 Feb 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
One of many contradictory passages in the Bible about the nature of God
But more importantly none of them directly linked to the Jewish High Holidays - whose theological underpinnings are widely known (and previously cited) as coming from post biblical texts.
If you want to give up on the High Holidays for a while and refocus on your argument on how Jews understand God, and more significantly, the commandments, I direct you to a book by Gillman called The Way into Encountering God in Judaism
http://www.amazon.com/Way-Into-Encountering-G... .
In that book, he methodically shows ALL the ways God is depicted in the Bible, with ALL the CONTRADICTIONS (i.e. he doesnt just cherry pick concepts like reward and punishment, rather he documents them, and then shows how God later reverses himself.)
If you prefer to FREEZE and follow just a few lines in the Bible - who am I to stop you? But dont conflate that with my religion, mon.
And definitely dont post google-able misstatements about the meanings behind my religion's holidays - thats lame at best, and devious at worst.
Based on your previous post you have taken refuge in your pit toilet and so I shall not waste my valuable time to read MORE excrement that is squirting out of your brain.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#66825 Feb 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But I already opined that ALL religion is manmade. Its a human enterprise. So I have no argument at anything you are saying, other than to note that what is really at stake here is whether the perceptions are real (i.e. really God or manmade). An obviously we are not going to agree on an answer to that.
Yes, I understand we agree that religion is man made. But my question was,- if God is not real, do you think that devalues religion, or do you think it can still flourish with the knowledge that God didn't exist?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66826 Feb 4, 2014
Frijoles----What make you think people cant have direct experience with God. This very moment?

HughBe--- I NEVER said any such thing. One thing that I know is that the prophets and the ancient people of Israel had experiences which NONE of your rabbis has EVER had. Moreover the TRASH that spews out of the orifices of your rabbis tells me that they have NO contact with God and by extension, the FAILURE of Judahites to know this TRUTH tells me that members of Judaism are not in contact with God.

Frijoles----Why do you make your God so inaccessible?

HughBe--- Son, YOU and your LYING ways and ALL and I repeat ALL who live like YOU have made Him inaccessible. Lesson, YOU cannot PRACTICE to LIE as you do and have access to Him .

Frijoles---- What a bummer of a religion.

HughBe--- What an utterly CORRUPT religion, is Judaism.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66827 Feb 4, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you have shown a lot concern on here for the backsides of men.
And then you go and try to blame it on Frijoles.
I hope you know I only want to be friends with you.
I think of you only as a brother.
Sorry. That is all I can offer you at this time, Mon.
HughBe--- It seems to me that you have a lot of bending over to do. Be careful as it could damage your backside. Is Frijoles living near to you?

Former----It seems you have shown a lot concern on here for the backsides of men.

HughBe--- Context is important, son. Shovelling snow is hard on the back.

Former----And then you go and try to blame it on Frijoles.

HughBe--- No son, I was warning you. The warning was out of love.

Former---I hope you know I only want to be friends with you.

HughBe--- Yes but I do not want the intimate friendship that you describe as mouth-watering.

Former---I think of you only as a brother.

HughBe--- No doubt you want to play hide-and-seek.

Former---Sorry. That is all I can offer you at this time, Mon.

HughBe--- Noted and you are being encouraged to extend it to eternity. I am aware that you shall be disappointed but such is life.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#66828 Feb 4, 2014
Comic Con pre-registration sales begin 0200 Sunday morning Australia time -- hope it's more bug free than previous years
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66829 Feb 4, 2014
former res to the other F---Hey you called him Huggy! funny!

HughBe--- Frightening. There is nothing funny about it.

Location hidden

#66830 Feb 4, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand we agree that religion is man made. But my question was,- if God is not real, do you think that devalues religion, or do you think it can still flourish with the knowledge that God didn't exist?
It wouldnt be religion if the adherents didnt believe in something, so no. Humanism is not religion - its philosophy.

Location hidden

#66831 Feb 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles----What make you think people cant have direct experience with God. This very moment?
HughBe--- I NEVER said any such thing. One thing that I know is that the prophets and the ancient people of Israel had experiences which NONE of your rabbis has EVER had.
What makes you an authority all of a sudden?
HughBe wrote:
Moreover the TRASH that spews out of the orifices of your rabbis tells me that they have NO contact with God and by extension, the FAILURE of Judahites to know this TRUTH tells me that members of Judaism are not in contact with God.
Not the way to get a discussion going. Would Jesus approve of your tone and your approach?
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles----Why do you make your God so inaccessible?
HughBe--- Son, YOU and your LYING ways and ALL and I repeat ALL who live like YOU have made Him inaccessible. Lesson, YOU cannot PRACTICE to LIE as you do and have access to Him .
So now you are telling ME what I am experiencing? Can you see how most people would label that comment as arrogant?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#66832 Feb 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Another way of stating my same question.
The elephant is real to you but not to me.
Because I don't see it.

They taught us in psych class never to argue with the
patient. Don't say "It isn't there."

Instead say, "I don't see it."

This is why for years I've called myself agnostic
vs atheist. Again, it may better communicated my position
to some folks. Others would call me atheist and that's ok too.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#66833 Feb 4, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
Comic Con pre-registration sales begin 0200 Sunday morning Australia time -- hope it's more bug free than previous years
Not sure if you watch "Big Bang Theory"

The last episode was all about registering for Comic Con. Very funny.

You can probably catch it online.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66834 Feb 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you an authority all of a sudden?
<quoted text>
Not the way to get a discussion going. Would Jesus approve of your tone and your approach?
<quoted text>
So now you are telling ME what I am experiencing? Can you see how most people would label that comment as arrogant?
Go back and read my post and hopefully after you have done that you will not say stupid things as you have now done.

Location hidden

#66835 Feb 4, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if you watch "Big Bang Theory"
The last episode was all about registering for Comic Con. Very funny.
You can probably catch it online.
Seen it .... and lived it. I've been lucky in that we've always got tickets. Going last year makes it easier to get tickets the next year.

Location hidden

#66836 Feb 4, 2014
OBTW -- Mayim Bialik (Amy Farrah Fowler and TV's Blossom) is an Orthodox Jew and an actual Neurobiologist with a PhD from UCLA.

Location hidden

#66837 Feb 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read my post and hopefully after you have done that you will not say stupid things as you have now done.
Nope.

Since you still seem to suffer from attitude challenges, I may put you back on the ignore. Or not.

Enjoy!

Location hidden

#66838 Feb 4, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The elephant is real to you but not to me.
Because I don't see it.
They taught us in psych class never to argue with the
patient. Don't say "It isn't there."
Instead say, "I don't see it."
This is why for years I've called myself agnostic
vs atheist. Again, it may better communicated my position
to some folks. Others would call me atheist and that's ok too.
I absolutely dont see either whatever it is you dont see

Hows that for deep?

Moving along slightly, have you ever studied the theory behind martial arts?

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66839 Feb 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Since you still seem to suffer from attitude challenges, I may put you back on the ignore. Or not.
Enjoy!
Given your penchant for LIES and DECEIT I would never correspond with you but the LOVE of MY Jesus, the Messiah, in my heart makes me forgive you and talk with you.

Location hidden

#66840 Feb 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Given your penchant for LIES and DECEIT I would never correspond with you but the LOVE of MY Jesus, the Messiah, in my heart makes me forgive you and talk with you.
Just another example of of Jeebus screwing over the Jews again. Tell me, is there a god you can worship that will get you to STOP talking?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct 13 yankeedudell 47
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 29 Insect Trust 32
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 20 Really 12
Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos Jobs