Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,431
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#66238 Jan 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
JOEL COOL DUDE----Hugh, What is the source of bad?

Hugh---- Satan
What is Satan?

How do you know it/he exists?

What is the causal connection between good and bad?

How can 2 independent entities - God and Satan or good and bad - exist without a causal connection between them since unity underlies all diversity?

Location hidden

#66239 Jan 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Joel----What exceeds good and bad?

Hugh---- Better
So, "better" exceeds your God, who, as you stated earlier, is all good? LOL.

What is the common basis of bad, good and better?

What connects bad, good and better? Are they interconvertible terms? How?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#66240 Jan 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Joel---Why is it essential for every facet or for every capacity to inhere in a system?

Hugh--- To make it a system or remain a system. Share your thoughts on the matter.
An isolated system is an integrated whole in which inheres everything as aspects that're connected by cause-effect relations. Information in terms of energy, matter and consciousness can neither enter nor exist such a system.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#66241 Jan 20, 2014
exit, not exist
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66244 Jan 20, 2014
Former---What do you see as the difference between Jews and Christians? Anything at all?

HughBe---- What a profoundly intelligent question. Note, I have already answered this question in a previous post but now I am asking you to answer it by telling me the differences between a Jew and a Christian.

Former---My understanding is that "we" Christians are waiting for the 2nd coming while my Jewish friends are still waiting for the first.

HughBe--- Ignoring the quotation marks, YOU are no Christian. Perhaps you are a Jew but you are certainly NOT a Christian.

I spoke of differenceS and so I am still waiting.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66246 Jan 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Satan?
How do you know it/he exists?
What is the causal connection between good and bad?
How can 2 independent entities - God and Satan or good and bad - exist without a causal connection between them since unity underlies all diversity?
JOEL COOL DUDE----Hugh, What is the source of bad?

Hugh---- Satan

Joel---What is Satan?

Hugh--- A manifestation of the UNIFIED FIELD or the FORCE that is in rabbis and their disciples e.g. Frijoles and Eric.

Joel----How do you know it/he exists?

Hugh--- From personal experience, I see it almost daily at work. Tell me, how is it that you with all your yoga journeys are ignorant of Satan. Explain the HOSTILE FORCES that have attacked you many times in the past.

Joel---What is the causal connection between good and bad?

Hugh---- The latter being a CORRUPTION of the former.

Joel---How can 2 independent entities - God and Satan or good and bad - exist without a causal connection between them since unity underlies all diversity?

Hugh--- The UNITY concept is you idea and not mine. Tell me, are you UNITY with your Number 2?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#66247 Jan 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE---So, "better" exceeds your God, who, as you stated earlier, is all good? LOL.

Hugh---- No son, you are not getting it. When I speak about good I mean RIGHTEOUS. I do not mean good in terms of quality. Let me explain, you have a good pair of shoes and I have a BETTER pair. So we both have a pair of shoes but the QUALITY of mine is BETTER than yours. However, neither your shoes nor mine have even a drop of RIGHTEOUSNESS.

LOL.

Location hidden

#66248 Jan 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---What is Satan?

Hugh--- A manifestation of the UNIFIED FIELD or the FORCE that is in rabbis and their disciples e.g. Frijoles and Eric.
While everything in the whole of existence, including your God and Jesus, can be traced back to the field of energy with its innate consciousness, yet bad is not a manifestation of good.

Good and bad are potentialities that exist in the field and they usually show up in the mind where the deformation of good is bad and conversely the deformed good (bad) can be transformed back into good by an act of untwisting of the perverse vibes by using strong will power or by infusing the deformation with a transcendental vibe that exceeds both good and its deformation (bad). These are all movements of consciousness in energy field.

Location hidden

#66249 Jan 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel----How do you know it/he meaning Satan exists?

Hugh--- From personal experience, I see it almost daily at work. Tell me, how is it that you with all your yoga journeys are ignorant of Satan. Explain the HOSTILE FORCES that have attacked you many times in the past.
The force attacks on me are not Satan attacking me.

There exist deformations of energy at a frequency of vibration that in yogic parlance is called the vital plane.

The deformed energies of the vital consciousness-energy plane keep invading my force fields at times on account of induction - a setting up of a potential gradient between my force field and the deformed force field of the vital.

These attacks are common happenings in the earlier and intermediate stages of yoga when the individual's consciousness opens up to the higher frequencies of vibration of the field.

None of the explanations given above by me can be found in the Bible in which Satan is simply considered the anti-thesis of good (your God).

Location hidden

#66250 Jan 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---What is the causal connection between good and bad?

Hugh---- The latter being a CORRUPTION of the former.
That's my explanation - that bad is simply a deformation of good.

If you adopt my explanation then it's tantamount to saying that Satan (bad) is a deformation of your God (good).

In biblical theology, the planes and parts of cosmos and being are not mentioned and a misnomer like spirit is used. Besides, God and Satan are viewed as causally separate entities in the NT.

Location hidden

#66251 Jan 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---How can 2 independent entities - God and Satan or good and bad - exist without a causal connection between them since unity underlies all diversity?

Hugh--- The UNITY concept is you idea and not mine. Tell me, are you UNITY with your Number 2?
If everything is not fundamentally connected at a deeper level then how can a system endure?

A system in which the entities are not related by causation cannot come into existence or conversely if a system loses its innate causal mechanism at some point then the system will not endure and will fall apart.

So, unity underlies diversity.

Excreta, flesh, bones, hair and nails can be reduced to matter and so here's the connection among these.

At a deeper level everything, no matter how diverse, reduces to simple components that're causally related and which are seen as manifestations of a single field.

Location hidden

#66252 Jan 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
JOEL COOL DUDE---So, "better" exceeds your God, who, as you stated earlier, is all good? LOL.

Hugh---- No son, you are not getting it. When I speak about good I mean RIGHTEOUS. I do not mean good in terms of quality. Let me explain, you have a good pair of shoes and I have a BETTER pair. So we both have a pair of shoes but the QUALITY of mine is BETTER than yours. However, neither your shoes nor mine have even a drop of RIGHTEOUSNESS.
LOL.
Righteousness and unrighteousness still constitute a dualism like good and bad.

Since, we cannot have 2 or more uncausally related entities thus righteousness and unrighteousness cannot exist independent of each other and so unrighteousness (Satan) is simply a deformation of righteousness (your God).

So, you're still stuck with the same irrational creationist ideas.

LOL.

Location hidden

#66253 Jan 20, 2014
Topic closed.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#66254 Jan 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Topic closed.
But wait!

Location hidden

#66255 Jan 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The mayor doesn't strike me as very credible.
Seems like her words against hers (the Lt Gov).
We're looking at a long, exhaustive investigation on all of this.
No real evidence yet. Nothing yet that would cost him his job.
It'll be interesting to see it all play out.
The woman has an email trail and a diary. She already forked it over to the fed AG.

I think Christie is toast, personally.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#66256 Jan 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:

Former---My understanding is that "we" Christians are waiting for the 2nd coming while my Jewish friends are still waiting for the first.
HughBe--- Ignoring the quotation marks, YOU are no Christian. Perhaps you are a Jew but you are certainly NOT a Christian.
Silly Jamaican. The quotes are not there by accident or just for looks.

So you can choose to ignore them and then say something uninformed, as you did.

Or you can recall that I'm an atheist. I care enough about you to remember that you're a
scientologist - correct?(The quotes were that I was raised as a Catholic boy.)

Actually, you never did a put a name to your chosen faith. Are you ashamed of it?

Does it have a name?
HughBe wrote:

I spoke of differenceS and so I am still waiting.
I gave you one.

Another is the Sabbath - Saturday vs Sunday.

Also Christians believe in the New Testament while Jews do not.

former res

Cheshire, CT

#66257 Jan 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman has an email trail and a diary. She already forked it over to the fed AG.
I think Christie is toast, personally.
Ok - well. You may be right.

Still, if I were betting, I'd say he stays in office.

Location hidden

#66260 Jan 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly Jamaican. The quotes are not there by accident or just for looks.
So you can choose to ignore them and then say something uninformed, as you did.
Or you can recall that I'm an atheist. I care enough about you to remember that you're a
scientologist - correct?(The quotes were that I was raised as a Catholic boy.)
Actually, you never did a put a name to your chosen faith. Are you ashamed of it?
Does it have a name?
<quoted text>
I gave you one.
Another is the Sabbath - Saturday vs Sunday.
Also Christians believe in the New Testament while Jews do not.
Not a scientologist (thats the L Ron Hubbard folks) but perhaps a 7th Day Adventist - though he doesnt call himself that -
former res

Cheshire, CT

#66261 Jan 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a scientologist (thats the L Ron Hubbard folks) but perhaps a 7th Day Adventist - though he doesnt call himself that -
I was messing with our shiny friend.

I find it a little odd that he's never actually named his religion.

Location hidden

#66262 Jan 21, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I was messing with our shiny friend.
I find it a little odd that he's never actually named his religion.
That's probably because he is really a Klingon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Mon SALLY 44 46
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sat Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sat Really 12
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Sep 18 I love the southwest 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 17 Insect Trust 30
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Grant County was issued at September 23 at 4:27PM MDT

•••