Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,225
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#66071 Jan 17, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Lazy hunters?
<quoted text>
Eat lots of venison, then urinate around the property line. Or just hunt them as they show up!
Why are they considered a pest?

Are you really going to shoot Bambi?

Or are people just pretending iot get a piece of free venison on their plate?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#66072 Jan 17, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I live, northeastern US, because of the extermination of natural predators such as wolves and mountain lions, there is an overpopulation of deer. They eat the forest understory, selectively eating species they find palatable, which effectively represses forest regeneration and drives the forest ecology. The deer also eat everyone's landscaping in their yards. And there are deer- auto collisions. On top of all that, they are carriers and proponents of deer ticks, which carry Lyme disease.

As a result, most people in our region recognize the problem, and are in favor of population reduction. However, that is easier said than done, because hunting is generally not safe, or in some cases even legal, near the populated suburban areas. Plus there is a very vocal minority of animal rights people who come out of the woodwork every time a hunt is announced. However, this is all changing, and over the last 10 years or so, people have been becoming more accepting of hunting as a management practice to counter the overpopulation.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#66073 Jan 17, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Deer effects on forest (doesnt even go into the Lymes disease issue)

Too Many Deer: A Bigger Threat to Eastern Forests than Climate Change?-
http://blog.nature.org/science/2013/08/22/too...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#66074 Jan 17, 2014
MAAT wrote:
rest Energy = mass in rest of an electron or proton x 'speed' of light squared
So, where is relativistic mass referred to in my post for which E = mc^2/(1 - v^2/c^2)?

In special relativity, all types of energy still retain their associated mass which in other words would mean that a certain portion of energy simply lowers its rate of vibration which then gives it magnitude (mass).

Energy and mass/matter are simply states of vibration of one field call it either energy or mass.

My post simply asks the question - of what stuff is energy made since scientific definitions tend to define energy in terms of its effects such as capacity to do work, capacity to produce motion, capacity of being stored and so on.

I am not interested in knowing what energy associated with mass can do.

I want to know about the stuff that energy is made of which is why I suggested that energy is simply a higher vibratory mode of mass.

Now, buzz off.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#66075 Jan 17, 2014
It could also mean that mass is perturbation or excitation of energy of some sort of a string.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#66076 Jan 17, 2014
Another point to note is that most of the mass, perhaps 99% of the mass, of everything has its origin in strong nuclear interactions, as for example, energy from strong nuclear interaction is said to account for 99% of the mass of the proton (2 up quarks and 1 down quark).

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#66077 Jan 17, 2014
Where's Hugh? ha ha
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#66078 Jan 17, 2014
The Higgs energy field is said to permeate the universe. The Higgs field is also thought to give mass to individual quarks, electrons and other particles. The Higgs field supposedly creates mass out of the QM vacuum in the form of virtual Higgs bosons. So, all reality is virtual (virtual particles).LOL.

Location hidden

#66079 Jan 17, 2014
Hugh,

I want to debate the nature of your good God with you and find out where bad comes from.

Come, online.

Location hidden

#66080 Jan 17, 2014
God is a cretin!

Location hidden

#66081 Jan 17, 2014
Most people on welfare are lazy and inefficient. Shame.

Location hidden

#66082 Jan 17, 2014
Giving out freebies to lazy and inefficient people is a waste of valuable resources.

Location hidden

#66083 Jan 17, 2014
The concept of a "welfare state" promotes poverty, laziness, inefficiency and drain of resources and should be abolished and replaced by a state that rewards efficiency and merit but which caters in some way to those who despite trying their best to succeed in life fail to do so and need material help. Only those persons with physical or mental disability living near or below the poverty line or helpless women lacking job skills should be given monetary help. Others living off welfare should be given the boot.

Location hidden

#66084 Jan 17, 2014
Forests are being increasingly cleared to grow grains for livestock that're bred for the table. Aside from diverting food away from the needy sections of the population, it is totting up the globe's carbon footprints and serves as a means of cruelty to lower lifeforms.

Location hidden

#66085 Jan 17, 2014
Atheismo and fellatio. LOL.

Location hidden

#66086 Jan 17, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Deer effects on forest (doesnt even go into the Lymes disease issue)
Too Many Deer: A Bigger Threat to Eastern Forests than Climate Change?-
http://blog.nature.org/science/2013/08/22/too...
in Holland they have wild-life corridors.
Animals left to themselves. Given a harsh winter the sights are disturbing.
When deer die did actually drag themselves to water and go in head first, the body collapses while still on shore. A kind of suicide.
Made me wonder about f.i. mammoths found in similar poses.

None feel like introducing predators either.
And when boars wreak havoc the same sounds are heard: insidious pests v. some historic hunt.

I see our point.
But wouldn't the vortex resolve it?

Location hidden

#66087 Jan 17, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where is relativistic mass referred to in my post for which E = mc^2/(1 - v^2/c^2)?
In special relativity, all types of energy still retain their associated mass which in other words would mean that a certain portion of energy simply lowers its rate of vibration which then gives it magnitude (mass).
Energy and mass/matter are simply states of vibration of one field call it either energy or mass.
My post simply asks the question - of what stuff is energy made since scientific definitions tend to define energy in terms of its effects such as capacity to do work, capacity to produce motion, capacity of being stored and so on.
I am not interested in knowing what energy associated with mass can do.
I want to know about the stuff that energy is made of which is why I suggested that energy is simply a higher vibratory mode of mass.
Now, buzz off.
You can ask simply, but it means you have a lot to read covering all sorts of diciplines.

Location hidden

#66088 Jan 17, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>

You can ask simply, but it means you have a lot to read covering all sorts of diciplines.
ha ha loser.

BTW, how would answer these basic questions:

1) Can an isolated proton decay to a neutron emitting a positron and a neutrino as suggested by the equation,

p ..........n +(e^+)+ v? where the symbols have their usual meaning?

2) What happens when an electron and a positron collide?

3) Is 13.6 eV the same as (-m(e) e^4)/8E^2h^2, where E = epsilon? If so, explain why. If no, say why. Show any calculations. What does this value relate to?

(smiles in advance)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#66089 Jan 17, 2014
QUESTIONS:

1) Can an isolated proton decay to a neutron emitting a positron and a neutrino as suggested by the equation,

p ..........n +(e^+)+ v? where the symbols have their usual meaning?

2) What happens when an electron and a positron collide?

3) Is 13.6 eV the same as (-m(e) e^4)/8E^2h^2, where E = epsilon? If so, explain why. If no, say why. Show any calculations. What does this value relate to?

(smiles in advance)

Location hidden

#66090 Jan 17, 2014
apropos of nothing i could not care less..

bzzz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:55 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:55AM