Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,098
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65668 Jan 12, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool - success!!
now for part 2, do you also get the (minor) point about why I write usually God, and other Jews write G-d?
Is this where the nickname thing comes into play?

Also that you're not orthodox?(Thought I doubt these other folks on here are either, for the most part..)
Dirty Harry

AOL

#65669 Jan 12, 2014
I am jewish .00000001% from Adam and Eve

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65670 Jan 12, 2014
VEDIC MUMBO JUMBO

Why can't present generation Indians replicate the so-called great scientific knowledge found in the ancient Sanskrit books and become the world's leading scientific power instead of borrowing, purchasing, imitating, or reverse engineering all the science and tech developed in the West? By the way, is something as simple as the inverse square law or the charge of electron or the mass of positron or Bernoulli's principle or the multiple oxidation states of carbon or the spin quantum number or pH or co-efficient of friction or any other basic scientific finding mentioned in these so-called great scientific books of ancient India? For instance, in particle physics, as seen in the Vedic texts, except for an elementary statement by Kanad about the presence of atoms in matter there's no clear reference accompanied by details about the conversion of energy into mass (E = mc^2) nor any details about the 4 quantum numbers (n, l, m and s) defining atom of element nor any information about structure of atom in terms of its basic particles like e, p and n nor any reference to nucleus of atom nor any mention of orbits/orbitals nor is there any talk about charge of proton/charge of electron/chargelessness of neutron nor is there a single mention about atomic numbers nor any reference to atomic mass nor any reference to atomic radius nor any mention is made of atomic volume nor any mention is made about the overall charge of atom being zero since n(p)= n(e) nor any reference to fields (you can’t have an elementary particle without a field, but you can have a field without any particles) nor any reference to particle-anti particle annihilation nor any mention of plasma nor any mention of photons nor a single reference to virtual particles and so on....

Location hidden

#65671 Jan 12, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
do you feel threatened by Rick?
Shouldn't you be the one feeling threatened since like the unintelligent and impoverished gay nurse you too are effeminate, impoverished, unintelligent and homosexual?

LMAO
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65672 Jan 12, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>....
I fully appreciate that your specific experience might not contain such examples, but far from being cynical to believe it exists (consider the large amount of prima facie evidence out there) I would suggest to not believe bias exists across the entire range of the research process (from funding to publication) is being astoundingly naive.
Everyone with a brain is biased in one way or the other.(It would be astoundingly naïve to think otherwise.)

Including those who believe that government is always bad (except the military), along with anything that might cost money, despite its possible benefits to society etc......

I outrank you as I hold a bachelor's and master's in nursing (Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice).:)

But really, could ALL these scientists and organizations be part of a scheme to take over your life and tax you to death?

National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on climate change. These assessments are generally consistent with the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), summarized below:
Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[5]
Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities.[6]
"Benefits and costs of climate change for [human] society will vary widely by location and scale.[7] Some of the effects in temperate and polar regions will be positive and others elsewhere will be negative.[7] Overall, net effects are more likely to be strongly negative with larger or more rapid warming."[7]
"[...] the range of published evidence indicates that the net damage costs of climate change are likely to be significant and to increase over time"[8]
"The resilience of many ecosystems is likely to be exceeded this century by an unprecedented combination of climate change, associated disturbances (e.g. flooding, drought, wildfire, insects, ocean acidification) and other global change drivers (e.g. land-use change, pollution, fragmentation of natural systems, over-exploitation of resources)"[9]

No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points; the last was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists,[10] which in 2007[11] updated its 1999 statement rejecting the likelihood of human influence on recent climate with its current non-committal position.[12] Some other organizations, primarily those focusing on geology, also hold non-committal positions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opini...

Location hidden

#65673 Jan 12, 2014
Noether’s Theorem.

Location hidden

#65674 Jan 12, 2014
"Relativistic mass" is an archaic term.

Location hidden

#65675 Jan 12, 2014
Is the mass of an isolated system the sum of the masses of its constituents or is it the energies of its constituents and their relationships to each other?

Location hidden

#65676 Jan 12, 2014
Does the experience of consciousness itself use energy?

Location hidden

#65677 Jan 12, 2014
When we speak of brain-consciousness processes like thinking and processing sensory data, we can infer that these tasks most certainly use energy which is part of why it is becomes hard to think when you have not eaten for a few days.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65678 Jan 12, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this where the nickname thing comes into play?
Also that you're not orthodox?(Thought I doubt these other folks on here are either, for the most part..)
yes and no. The simplest explanation is that I dont recognize God as the name of "_____". I only recognize the name in Hebrew. Therefore, I guess from your perspective, its only a nickname. Other Jews do recognize it as a name (since they extend the concept over to English as well). I dont extend the concept over to English because I dont think the English language does justice to the concept of God in general.

I dont hang my identity on an institutional affiliation. Most affiliated Modern Orthodox would not consider me Orthodox. My practice is "egalitarian" - i.e. I follow most of the orthodox traditions except those that pigeonhole the role of men and women. I am ok with women reading from the Torah during religious services, where the orthodox do not. I am more traditional than the Conservative, but also borrow a little from the Reconstructionists.

Location hidden

#65679 Jan 12, 2014
The “energy” that physics refers to which is the capacity of an object to do work is not the same thing as “action of the will” that involves energy used in the bio-psychic system, or is it? This trend of thinking then casts us squarely into the domain of mind-matter and we have every right to ask the physicists or the biologists to define will? What is will? Sri Aurobindo defines will as the direction given by consciousness to energy. Is this so?

Location hidden

#65681 Jan 12, 2014
Consciousness is an integral feature of energy field and so like the energy of the physicist is the energy used by consciousness conserved? Or, since consciousness is simply the innate intelligence of energy thus it may be conserved in a way that differs from conservation as understood in a mechanical system that physics deals with.

Location hidden

#65682 Jan 12, 2014
What the physicists call energy is simply the capacity of an object to do work within 4-dimensional space-time. The mystics say that energy has higher frequencies of vibration other than those encountered in the 4-dimensional spatio-temporal framework.

Location hidden

#65683 Jan 12, 2014
One cannot talk physics without philosophy because the reality is much more than the narrow worldview of the physicist and yogic experiences corroborate this bold claim.

Location hidden

#65684 Jan 12, 2014
Torah, Vedas, Quran, NT and Tripitakas are BS that were created by hallucinating lunatics. .

Location hidden

#65685 Jan 12, 2014
Photons and gravitational waves travel at c. What about mind and its instant travel back and forth in time?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#65686 Jan 12, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
do you feel threatened by Rick?
Unimaginably so ...

Location hidden

#65687 Jan 12, 2014
Are the Big Bang and the maximum entropy conditions contradictions? How about insanity as an example of maximum entropy in a bio-psychic system? LOL.

*Entropy - a measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system or as a measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message,

Location hidden

#65688 Jan 12, 2014
IN QM, mass is a "ripple" or a "perturbation" in quantum field due to a quantum or a particle. So, this would bring mass into the domain of potential energy. Whatever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mimbres area Wed La Carmencita 1
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Tue silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct 13 yankeedudell 47
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 29 Insect Trust 32
Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos Jobs