Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72025 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 13

Arlington Heights, IL

#64986 Jan 1, 2014
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
How?
Does Hugh have a hand in getting some of my posts deleted?
What's his modus operandi?
If someone wants to have a post deleted, they click on the "Report Abuse" link and ask Topix to delete the post. Topix deletes everything that's reported without review.

Since: Dec 13

Arlington Heights, IL

#64987 Jan 1, 2014
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
So, instead of beating around the bush like a girlish eunuch why don't you get straight to the point and tell me what is wrong with my definition of wrong that I am re-posting below.
JOEL'S DEFINITION OF WRONG:
Wrong is anything that disturbs the peace of society, destroys the harmonious rhythms of nature and retards the progressive evolution of the individual's consciousness.
Wait, he'll ask you where you posted it previously. You'll try to find it but discover that it's been deleted.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64988 Jan 1, 2014
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>

If someone wants to have a post deleted, they click on the "Report Abuse" link and ask Topix to delete the post. Topix deletes everything that's reported without review.
Thanks.

Persons with an inferiority complex indulge in such pettiness.

Tragic.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64989 Jan 1, 2014
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>

Wait, he'll ask you where you posted it previously. You'll try to find it but discover that it's been deleted.
Such actions are despicable and cowardly.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64990 Jan 1, 2014
What's love got to do, got to do with it; what's love but a second hand emotion; what's love got to do, got to do with it; who needs a heart when a heart can be broken....

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64991 Jan 1, 2014
Pondicherry in Peninsular India - India's rendezvous with France. Bon jour France!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#64992 Jan 1, 2014
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I am totally opposed to the death penalty under every and all circumstances.
There are other ways of punishment that're punitive as well as reformative...
Really? LOL

Have you already forgotten how excited you were when your (non-existent) master was supposed to be the main cause of the destruction of the world and almost the complete destruction of the world's population made to "reclean" the globe and start a New World Order?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64993 Jan 1, 2014
Auroville, the international commune established by the Jewess Mira Alfassa, the spiritual collaborator of Sri Aurobindo, is in Pondicherry.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64994 Jan 1, 2014
World music and global cuisine and an international crowd and avant garde fashion and green technology and French uber-chic all in Pondicherry.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64995 Jan 1, 2014
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>If the bat is already swinging, it's not preemptive.
I seem to recollect you guys going through this line of conversation before

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64996 Jan 1, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? LOL
Have you already forgotten how excited you were when your (non-existent) master was supposed to be the main cause of the destruction of the world and almost the complete destruction of the world's population made to "reclean" the globe and start a New World Order?
which, by the way, was supposed to start by now

OOPS

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64997 Jan 1, 2014
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
The degree of consciousness in a species or in an individual determines the instincts of the species or individual.
thats a fairly anthropic view of things. I bet a grasshopper would beg to differ, and more importantly probably have more to teach you than vice versa.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64998 Jan 1, 2014
Multiculturalism is the best experiment in globalization. Monoculture is restrictive and usually turns into xenophobia. Everyone should strive to imbibe the best strains from as many cultures as is possible and amalgamate these with his native culture for a great hybridized effect which is an evolutionary step forward.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64999 Jan 1, 2014
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
How?
Does Hugh have a hand in getting some of my posts deleted?
What's his modus operandi?
he has done it to me too. It took Eric to figure it out, though.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65000 Jan 1, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
The tea party consists of more than libertarians so it doesn't make sense to lump them together.
Right, marriage licenses are made to go around the neck in case the bitch is found wandering .
Actually it does. If you look into the history, they clearly EVOLVED from libertarian ideals. Sure, not all TP were libertarians. But a lot are. Enough to make this observation.

Why the preoccupation with marriage licenses all of a sudden? Like most things, to me it represented a minor bump in a day a long long time ago, and havent given much thought. No jack booted marriage license thugs in helicopters coming to get me, as far as I can figure.

It seems to me that you worry too much about things too small.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#65001 Jan 1, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I bet a grasshopper would beg to differ, and more importantly probably have more to teach you than vice versa.
If the grass hopper is more evolved in terms of consciousness than the human being then it should have by now invented space rockets, known about quanta, been well versed with Boolean algebra, discovered Pluto, walked on its twos, built grand highrises equipped with electronic gadgets, employed plastic surgery to improve the looks of its species, gone into trance and been familiar with consciousness and its various states and known about the interconversion of energy-matter.

Where certain basic instincts related to smell, taste, hearing, sight and a few others are concerned, yes, the lower life forms are superior to the human faculties.

This is to be expected since the lower species work more on instincts than in terms of mental abilities, whereas the evolution of the human consciousness has taken it far beyond the realm of the senses and projected it into the mind plane where reason and intuition are king.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65002 Jan 1, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
which, by the way, was supposed to start by now
OOPS
The pseudo Yogi used to change, many times, the date of the beginning of Armageddon, as soon as he saw we're getting close to it and nothing bad has happened.

In the last days of his Armageddon mania he stated that it will being at the end of 2012, while in the last year we would be in the middle of WWIII.

To convince us of this crap he told us that this vision was shared by many powerful, immortal. and all knowing yogis such as his "master", master's colleagues and their advanced disciples, and in a dream/vision or two even Sri Aurobindo.

I wonder how these powerfull, all knowing people can be wrong about the same thing. And I wonder if they are wrong according to Joel's definition of wrong. LOL

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#65003 Jan 1, 2014
I must take a trip to Auroville where I can renew my acquaintance with a few European and Israeli residents who Skype with me on certain occasions.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65004 Jan 1, 2014
TYPO:

The pseudo Yogi used to change, many times, the date of the beginning of Armageddon, as soon as he saw we're getting close to it and nothing bad has happened.

In the last days of his Armageddon mania he stated that it will BEGIN at the end of 2012, while in the last year we would be in the middle of WWIII.

To convince us of this crap he told us that this vision was shared by many powerful, immortal. and all knowing yogis such as his "master", master's colleagues and their advanced disciples, and in a dream/vision or two even Sri Aurobindo.

I wonder how these powerfull, all knowing people can be wrong about the same thing. And I wonder if they are wrong according to Joel's definition of wrong. LOL

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65005 Jan 1, 2014
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
If the grass hopper is more evolved in terms of consciousness than the human being then it should have by now invented space rockets, known about quanta, been well versed with Boolean algebra, discovered Pluto, walked on its twos, built grand highrises equipped with electronic gadgets, employed plastic surgery to improve the looks of its species, gone into trance and been familiar with consciousness and its various states and known about the interconversion of energy-matter.
Where certain basic instincts related to smell, taste, hearing, sight and a few others are concerned, yes, the lower life forms are superior to the human faculties.
This is to be expected since the lower species work more on instincts than in terms of mental abilities, whereas the evolution of the human consciousness has taken it far beyond the realm of the senses and projected it into the mind plane where reason and intuition are king.
You really think those things represent the highest values of civilization and intelligence?

Geez, you are a case book study of internal colonialism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Old-fashioned Fourth of July party (Jul '13) Fri YUUUUP 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) May 18 CrookedHillary 57
News Man charged with murder gets probation (Aug '08) May 6 operation greylord 45
News Murdered woman found at Mule Creek (Dec '08) Apr '16 wwwnorthfortyhomecom 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Mar '16 Tony 623
News Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Feb '16 cupcake 30
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn (Mar '14) Feb '16 cupcake 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages