Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,562
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Eric

Itasca, IL

#64217 Dec 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
I consider myself a global citizen and so I'm proud that English, rather than some vernacular tongue, is my native language. Some of the best English is spoken and written in India or by Indians these days and the trend is fast catching on. Indian languages have a limited reach and are not sufficiently developed to serve as vehicles for communicating sophisticated/complex ideas.
Then why can't I ever understand the guys in the call centers when I call customer service?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64218 Dec 17, 2013
INDIAN HYPOCRISY

India's foray into space and missile technology is mostly all about critical Russian inputs.

The campuses of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) where all the so-called indigenous work in designing and engineering is done is teeming with Russian scientists and engineers who're the main brains behind India's space and missile hi tech feats.

None of this this is reported in the mainstream media.

The Indians borrow, use the working knowledge of foreign experts, purchase and hire hi tech in these subjects and in other cutting edge fields and when the product is completed make grand announcements about how "advanced" India is in these frontier disciplines and the sheeple drawn from all strata of society gullible lap up these tall stories and puff their chests in pride and make fools of themselves in the bargain, while those few in the know have a good laugh at the inferiority of Indian scientists and engineers and at the stupidity of the credulous public.

I was never fooled by all the hype and hoopla surrounding the achievements of India in science and tech since back at IIT, I saw most students lacking a natural aptitude for hands on engineering or being in-adept in the pure science labs and as for creativity well the bar is low or almost zero.

Indian scientists/techies who work abroad, too, may be good university profs teaching standard text book stuff but are not world leaders in their chosen field but are mere imitators or at the most make a small innovation in a particular area of narrow expertise.

As for Indian billionaires, well, they're blood and scam billionaires.

ha ha ha

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64219 Dec 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
What does it take to be a bon vivant?
...and at the same time one should dress appropriately ...
This seems to be your calling

Answer and flourish!(ignore and perish!)

Location hidden

#64220 Dec 17, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Then why can't I ever understand the guys in the call centers when I call customer service?
Just a handful of Indian speak great English and are at home with Western mannerisms, while the rest are mere warblers who're neither fluent nor sufficiently westernized.

Now, where you are concerned:

To a classy Indian with deep- exposure to the West, your standard of English and poise that seep through your posts are of a low quality by which I mean that you come across as a lower middle class American lacking in poise, fluency, intellect and sophistication.

If you come to the swanky areas in Mumbai or if you happen to visit say a place like the Wasabi or the Zodiac Grill in the Taj you'll be the butt of jokes and looked down upon for being so crass.

Chill.

Location hidden

#64221 Dec 17, 2013
The upper crust Indians are in a class of their own and more so if they happen to have a healthy mix of the best of Indic and Western traditions.

Location hidden

#64222 Dec 17, 2013
Serious condemnation is pouring in from the Indian public in view of the super-extravagant 66 million Euros that industrialist Promod Mittal recently spent on his daughter's marriage in Barcelona. He's a typical upstart with shady dealings in business - another Indian blood and scam billionaire. LOL.

Location hidden

#64223 Dec 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a handful of Indian speak great English and are at home with Western mannerisms, while the rest are mere warblers who're neither fluent nor sufficiently westernized.
Now, where you are concerned:
To a classy Indian with deep- exposure to the West, your standard of English and poise that seep through your posts are of a low quality by which I mean that you come across as a lower middle class American lacking in poise, fluency, intellect and sophistication.
If you come to the swanky areas in Mumbai or if you happen to visit say a place like the Wasabi or the Zodiac Grill in the Taj you'll be the butt of jokes and looked down upon for being so crass.
Chill.
Have you ever worked at one of those call centers?

Since: Dec 13

Itasca, IL

#64224 Dec 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
The upper crust Indians are in a class of their own and more so if they happen to have a healthy mix of the best of Indic and Western traditions.
So how come you didn't make the list of the 31 top philanthropists in India?

Location hidden

#64225 Dec 17, 2013
The Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani has built a 27 storied cantilevered mansion costing $ 2 billion on Mumbai's uber-stylish Altamount Road at the end where Carmichael Road just begins. It's reported to be the most expensive residence in the world. The Ambanis are dyed-in-the-wool blood and scam billionaires who will stoop to any level to get ahead in business. LOL.

Location hidden

#64226 Dec 17, 2013
Another Indian billionaire scamster, Gautam Singhania, has built a billion dollar plus multi-storied mansion on Mumbai's swanky Breach Candy.

Location hidden

#64228 Dec 17, 2013
typo

Excess indulgence in charity is a sign of ignorance about the way nature WORKS and a manifestation of egoism.

Location hidden

#64229 Dec 17, 2013
I see waste of natural resources, energy, consciousness, time and money everywhere I go in the world and more so in India. There is a correct way of utilizing things.

Location hidden

#64230 Dec 17, 2013
Negligence is perhaps the worst form of ill-will.

Location hidden

#64231 Dec 17, 2013
I want everyone to be as alert and as conscious as possible and to make the best use of materials and time and d opportunities and to maximize their innate capacities and to cut back on errors and to aim for the highest possible.

Location hidden

#64232 Dec 17, 2013
Religion, inefficiency, poverty, violence, politics, greed and suffering are perverse relics of an ignorant past that're ironically gaining added mileage with each passing month.

Location hidden

#64233 Dec 17, 2013
Good night.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#64234 Dec 17, 2013
Temistocles Rocha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that. the non-jews are sstupid and dead brain.
rabbee: yes but the jews, are always in first place. this world can't be messed up, without the expert help of the jews messing up. isn't that essencially what G-D, that if you screw this up in TheTorah, then the whole world is going to be just as screwed up never here in IT also?

Location hidden

#64235 Dec 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
I see waste of natural resources, energy, consciousness, time and money everywhere I go in the world and more so in India. There is a correct way of utilizing things.
but is it classy?

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#64236 Dec 17, 2013
essentially what G-D said.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#64237 Dec 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Just because someone lives in an expensive area, it does not necessarily follow that they have class.
You're assuming (all evidence to the contrary) that he actually lives in those neighbourhoods and didn't just Google 'Where do people in India who eat regularly live?'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arts Scene Feb 25 Judith Meyer 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Feb 24 guest 46
Former Santa Clara clerk accused of stealing ut... (Apr '10) Feb 16 his ex married lover 93
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Feb 15 Steve 52
Do you know how safe your kids are around trust... Feb 9 asdf 2
Former Lt. Gov. Mike Runnels dies in Ruidoso Feb 7 Michele Rebstock 1
Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:16 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:16PM
How Peyton, Pay Cut Can Help DEN Win Super Bowl
NBC Sports 1:59 AM
One more year should get Peyton the passing yardage record
NBC Sports 3:37 AM
Former Broncos tight end says NFL should lift marijuana ban
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Should the Denver Broncos Make a Run at DT Vince Wilfork?
Yahoo! Sports 4:05 PM
Brandon Marshall, is that the linebacker or the receiver?