Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#62176 Nov 8, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
Gay Activist Calls For Mandatory Abortion

“There’s too many people on the planet!”
I support the call for population reduction....

The earth is too crowded, resources scarce, perversions on the rise, inequalities rampant and dysfunctions widespread...

The earth would be better off with fewer people.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62177 Nov 8, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh yeah and bestiality is normal
You protest when a man fu-ck-s an animal but you're silent when man kills animals to satiate his taste for flesh and blood.

What double standards are these!

If you wish to protect animal rights then go the whole hog by which I mean don't oppose one practice (bestiality) but condone a worse act which is the slaughter of helpless beasts.

Ok?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62178 Nov 8, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Pedophilia is normal to - a little or boy has a right to choose.
If having sex with a minor is morally wrong then is it morally right to separate a calf from its mother when say either the calf or the mother is murdered in slaughter houses?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62179 Nov 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---Will is not just a matter of making choices

Hugh--- NOT JUST, is noted.

Joel---Will is rarely free in most human beings.In most people, the will is free within extremely narrow limits and is conditioned by genes, subconscious responses and environmental influences.

HughBe--- Don't blame people for their actions, is the implication of your words. I am reminded of your parents. Elaborate if you are so moved.
What about my late parents?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62180 Nov 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Hugh--- In your enlightened mind, do you think it is KIND or humane to STRIP people of their IDENTITY because they do not comply with your wishes?
There's no cure for fanaticism.

If you protest that Messianic Jews are ostracized by rabid Jews in Israel my question to a fanati8cal Christian like you would be this - would the Christian clerics tolerate a Christan who accepts Jesus but who at the same time venerates the Buddha and brings ample evidence to inarguably indicate that many of Jesus' teachings are simply lift-offs from Buddhist books? Would the Christian orthodoxy support a Christian who proves using literary sources that virgin birth, resurrection and raising the dead are common features of all religions and are not exclusive to Jesus' life? Would the mainstream Christian Church tolerate a Christian who equates the transubstantiation with cannibalism?

So, think before you type a comment.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62181 Nov 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---I have not heard of single case of a 100 percent gay person set straight.

Hugh--- What about a 100% Schizophrenia?
Neither homosexuality nor schizophrenia is curable.

Medication can, if at all, merely suppress many of the symptoms of schizophrenia, not cure it.

People with schizophrenia often suffer terrifying symptoms such as hearing internal voices not heard by others, or believing that other people are reading their minds, controlling their thoughts, or plotting to harm them. These symptoms may leave them fearful and withdrawn. Their speech and behavior can be so disorganized that they may be incomprehensible or frightening to others. Available treatments can relieve many symptoms, but most people with schizophrenia continue to suffer some symptoms throughout their lives.

From a yogic perspective, schizophrenia is either brought on by warped brain wiring leading to hallucinations or in a normal brain it could be a possession that gives rise to all those weird symptoms mentioned above in this paragraph.

On the other hand, homosexuality is a simple inborn sexual condition of a person being sexually attracted to members of the same sex which is neither life threatening nor does it cause dysfunction of behavior where mental, emotional and physical faculties are concerned nor does it make a person a criminal nor does it render a person mentally unstable.

Homosexuality is a simple effeminization of the brain center where sexual orientation is concerned, while schizophrenia is a mental illness with adverse symptoms that can destroy a person's life.

Are you trying to say that homosexuality leads to schizophrenia or vice versa? LOL.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62182 Nov 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Give me the different shades
If you don't understand the basics of Judaism then how come you're commenting on it?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62183 Nov 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---Intelligence and Hugh are oxymorons.

Hugh--- Massive surprise. After all, Hugh means MIND and you see no connection between mind and intelligence.

Big surprise, Mon.

Love.
Hugh is as intelligent as a she-buffalo.

(smiles)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62184 Nov 8, 2013
ELEMENTARY STUFF:

RABBEE/HUGH:

For 2 vectors a and b,

Prove that:

(a x b)^2 = a^2b^2 -(a.b)^2

(smiles in advance)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62185 Nov 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- SECULAR is NOT a religion. Here is a dictionary's definition. Note, it is not my PRIVATE opinion.

Secular: "not having any connection with religion"
The word "religion" is derived from the Latin word "religare" which means "to bind".

One can bind oneself to god, self, lover, ethics, crime, drugs, family, kids, money, math, nation, secularism, reason or to anything else.

So, you're definition of the word "religion" is toooo narrow, Mon.

Expected.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62186 Nov 8, 2013
typo

So, YOUR definition of the word "religion" is toooo narrow, Mon.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62188 Nov 8, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't understand the basics of Judaism then how come you're commenting on it?
Exactly my point.

Except he is not merely commenting on it, he is criticizing it.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62190 Nov 8, 2013
poooo

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62191 Nov 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Exactly my point.

Except he is not merely commenting on it, he is criticizing it.
Yes.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62195 Nov 8, 2013
Typo

CRISPR TO THE RECTIFY GENE DEFECTS?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62196 Nov 8, 2013
CRISPR TO RECTIFY GENE DEFECTS?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62197 Nov 8, 2013
Now, where's Hugh, the she-buffalo?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#62198 Nov 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Topix, I would never consider the case for mandatory abortion/ population control.
Now I am not so sure.
rabbee: but the chances are too favorable, all the wrong ones will be aborted. and you'll still end up, with a world full of worse idiots and joel will still be here.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#62199 Nov 8, 2013
Mass murderers should be condemned and martyrs should not be glorified!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#62200 Nov 8, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
If Thomas Jefferson and John Adams had spent five minutes on Topix they would have grabbed the next boat back to England and smooched George III's royal arse.
rabbee: and they would still be, highly disappointed when they got to England today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Southwest Print Fiesta will be held on Labor Da... Aug 18 just asking 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... (Jun '15) Aug 4 save the water 5
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul '16 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul '16 mrtnz1955 2
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Jun '16 Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun '16 Tony 625
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2

Pinos Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages