Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,772)

Showing posts 55,421 - 55,440 of65,488
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
A careful reading of the Torah shows that the existence of an oral law was always assumed. Indeed, the Torah cannot be followed without that oral law, since the Torah has numerous places where it just says "do this" without ever explaining HOW to do it.
You get it. Its the "instruction manual".
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
A careful reading of the Torah shows that the existence of an oral law was always assumed. Indeed, the Torah cannot be followed without that oral law, since the Torah has numerous places where it just says "do this" without ever explaining HOW to do it.
Liam---A careful reading of the Torah shows that the existence of an oral law was always assumed.

HughBe--- Greetings, Liam. Please read carefully the passages below and then fit in the ORAL law that you speak of.

" And when Moses had FINISHED writing the words of this LAW in a book to the very end,
25 He commanded the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the Lord,"

Focus on things like "Moses had FINISHED writing the words of this LAW"

"There was NOT a(ONE) word of ALL that Moses commanded, which Joshua read not before all the congregation of Israel"

My understanding from the above passages is that EVERYTHING that God command was written. So all ORAL laws are NOT from God but from men.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say "oral Torah" to a Jew, that means Mishna. Oral torah that has been written down.
Talmud is oral torah plus commentary (gemmara).
In other words - Talmud is.... Commentary based upon oral torah which is based upon written torah (what you called bible).
HughBe---The Talmud is supposedly ORAL Torah, written down. "
If I am not wrong, why the affection of Doofus?

Frijoles---When you say "oral Torah" to a Jew, that means Mishna.

HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that ONLY a non-Jew would have phrased it the way that I did?

Apart from that point , keep in mind what I was responding to.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---The Talmud is supposedly ORAL Torah, written down. "
If I am not wrong, why the affection of Doofus?
HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that ONLY a non-Jew would have phrased it the way that I did?
Apart from that point , keep in mind what I was responding to.
No, I am stating that someone who doesnt understand the structure and origins of the texts might incorrectly state it that way

I corrected you, thats all

The greater issue is your contention that Jews dont follow Torah. Now that you understand the structure - i.e. how the texts follow each other, you could appreciate how Jews do follow Torah.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am stating that someone who doesnt understand the structure and origins of the texts might incorrectly state it that way
I corrected you, thats all
The greater issue is your contention that Jews dont follow Torah. Now that you understand the structure - i.e. how the texts follow each other, you could appreciate how Jews do follow Torah.
HughBe---The Talmud is supposedly ORAL Torah, written down.

Frijoles---No, I am stating that someone who doesnt understand the structure and origins of the texts might incorrectly state it that way

HUghBe--- Are you saying that the rabbis at My Jewish Learning do NOT "understand the structure and origins of the texts"?

Frijoles---I corrected you, thats all

HughBe--- You corrected your rabbis, that's all.

Frijoles---The greater issue is your contention that Jews dont follow Torah.

HughBe--- I have never said any such thing. What I have said many times and it would be a pleasant surprise if you quoted me and do so accurately is that the ORAL laws are man-made and NOT from God.

In addition, I have said that your rabbis have corrupted the scriptures e.g. Noahide laws, woman making someone a Jew, one is not a Jew if s/he is a Christian etc.

The Tanakh declares that your rabbis are CORRUPTERS and are LIARS. Now quote me on these things.

Frijoles---Now that you understand the structure - i.e. how the texts follow each other, you could appreciate how Jews do follow Torah.

HughBe--- Almost half of the Jewish people have nothing to do with Torah. So, cut the attempted DECEPTION. Next, some Jews follow Torah when they follow their Messiah, Jesus the Christ.

Jews like yourself who are Judahites follow the RULES of their masters first and foremost, the Torah is collateral. Your Talmud has PREEMINENCE.

Go study these things now that you are exposed to TRUTH.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

later
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

HughBe wrote:
1. Susan, please take your time and reread the passage. "But ye(PRIESTS) are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have CORRUPTED the covenant of Levi, saith the Lord of hosts."
2. Please tell me where you see the priests being called "priests of Baal"
3. Are these the same priest in the same chapter that you said this of, " "For the priests lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts" Malachi 2:7"
4. Are these the same priests that you said this of " Levites remained PURE"?
I just mean they were priests of idols. Baal is a generic word for a false or pagan god. Those who espouse the bible as the source of their doctrine are required to be pure. They are the messengers of the law. The leaders of the Catholic Church are called "priests", as opposed to minister or pastor.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Utterly false. States have the duty to provide for the general welfare of the people.
Which would include a duty of protection that doesn't' exist, so the courts have ruled.

There is no such thing as a state, fictitious and meaningless in the real world.

And you are perverting the meaning or intent of the general welfare.
The wording in the frivolous us constitution is to promote the general welfare.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you ignore some of the facts...
Which are?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Utterly false. States have the duty to provide for the general welfare of the people.
Can you please explain how a fictitious entity can owe a duty to everyone?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

If that is so, it means that you and the rest of US have had a life-changing impact on me.

I am therefore in deep shiT, so to speak, and is in need of help including psychiatric help.
You won't change.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

YES, oh YES but as you know it is my own DICKIE. No doubt you find my approach strange as for you the watching means looking at other dicks.
Oh, accept that you're gay.

BTW, why're so fascinated with religion - Torah, Talmud, NT etc?

Their days are done and over and these books are the products of those who knew very little about the nature of reality.

All that is contained in Torah, Talmud and NT is mumbo jumbo and hallucinations since hardly anything of the contents if at all corresponds to the nature of the ultimate reality of self, being and nature. You'll become a moron reading these books. They're dead letter - finished and the origin of much mischief and superstitions and should have never been written in the first place.

Introduce intelligent topics for debate...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Human intelligence defines, establishes and runs nation, corporation, government - no human beings, no nations, no corporations, no governments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

FARMING

If I ever take to farming, I'll adopt the best scientific practices after a thorough research that shows me the soil profiles, chemical analysis of soil, nature and role of chemical inputs, plant adaptation to chemical inputs, seed varieties, nature of produce and long term effects on ecosystem and human health and use only those studies or those methods (rationale using equations, calculations, observations and surmises) that're are the least toxic and the most sustainable. This aside, I would consider earth as Gaia and besides draw on wise traditional practices that promote stability and harmony between nature and man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Without human intelligence to conceive, establish, operate, review and benefit from nation, corporation and government there would be no nation, no corporation, no government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

HUGH,

I wonder what pleasure all you guys get in endlessly discussing religious scriptures none of which knows anything about the ultimate reality of nature, self and being with the main attraction being a talking, abusive, cursing, warring and threatening God, draconian punishments and mumbo jumbo rituals and irrational, violent, ignorant and hallucinating prophets serving as their pimps on earth?

The main thing that counts where religion is concerned is realization - direct experiences of uniting the individual self with the supreme self. This is the true meaning of religion.

If realization is beyond your capacity, fine. Turn humanist or become universal in this way - If at all religion forms a part of your life then make it a point to go for synthesis - drawing the best aspects from every text/practice and fuse that to form a nice composite and then study that from a logical perspective and include in this eclectic mix the best discoveries of science and infuse all of this with empathy, compassion and love and there you get a fine workable philosophy of life that can do wonders for your synapses, hormones, relationships and general health and take you great places in life in every positive sense.

This synthetic approach would augur well for individual and global peace instead of fanatically clinging to any one book or to a set of nonsensical rituals and arguing endlessly over it.

Finally, remember there's nothing to be proud of narrow identities - " I am a Jew", I am a Buddhist" and so on - all that is mumbo jumbo, ignorance and false pride leading to madness and bigotry

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Every scientific practice is based on hypothesis, calculations, equations, experimentation and observation. In this way, one arrives at a working hypothesis with a high degree of confidence in its efficacy with room for improvisation. A sound knowledge of higher Math is always useful when taking to the scientific method in any discipline in the lab, industry or when working with nature.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Math is the spine of inference in any scientific discipline.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

No Math, no science.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

All the Mind-Matter stuff that I keep posting here, is, in tangible ways, fast being corroborated by mainstream science through preliminary studies backed by experimentation. Of course, my yogic experiences have taken me far beyond the hypotheses and findings of mind-matter researchers working at Princeton, IONS, Stanford and elsewhere. Wow!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 55,421 - 55,440 of65,488
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) 1 hr nobody 228
Community education classes continue in April 21 hr Jackie 3
No charges yet in deadly shooting (May '11) Apr 17 Silver 11
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Apr 17 Silver 43
New Mexico to receive new veterans cemeteries Apr 16 all well 1
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... Apr 5 Jackie 1
Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr 4 Peon 16
•••

Fire Warning for Grant County was issued at April 22 at 6:07PM MDT