Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,185
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Voluntarist

United States

#61546 Oct 30, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Utterly false. States have the duty to provide for the general welfare of the people.
Can you please explain how a fictitious entity can owe a duty to everyone?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61547 Oct 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

If that is so, it means that you and the rest of US have had a life-changing impact on me.

I am therefore in deep shiT, so to speak, and is in need of help including psychiatric help.
You won't change.

Location hidden

#61548 Oct 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

YES, oh YES but as you know it is my own DICKIE. No doubt you find my approach strange as for you the watching means looking at other dicks.
Oh, accept that you're gay.

BTW, why're so fascinated with religion - Torah, Talmud, NT etc?

Their days are done and over and these books are the products of those who knew very little about the nature of reality.

All that is contained in Torah, Talmud and NT is mumbo jumbo and hallucinations since hardly anything of the contents if at all corresponds to the nature of the ultimate reality of self, being and nature. You'll become a moron reading these books. They're dead letter - finished and the origin of much mischief and superstitions and should have never been written in the first place.

Introduce intelligent topics for debate...

Location hidden

#61549 Oct 30, 2013
Human intelligence defines, establishes and runs nation, corporation, government - no human beings, no nations, no corporations, no governments.

Location hidden

#61550 Oct 30, 2013
FARMING

If I ever take to farming, I'll adopt the best scientific practices after a thorough research that shows me the soil profiles, chemical analysis of soil, nature and role of chemical inputs, plant adaptation to chemical inputs, seed varieties, nature of produce and long term effects on ecosystem and human health and use only those studies or those methods (rationale using equations, calculations, observations and surmises) that're are the least toxic and the most sustainable. This aside, I would consider earth as Gaia and besides draw on wise traditional practices that promote stability and harmony between nature and man.

Location hidden

#61551 Oct 30, 2013
Without human intelligence to conceive, establish, operate, review and benefit from nation, corporation and government there would be no nation, no corporation, no government.

Location hidden

#61552 Oct 30, 2013
HUGH,

I wonder what pleasure all you guys get in endlessly discussing religious scriptures none of which knows anything about the ultimate reality of nature, self and being with the main attraction being a talking, abusive, cursing, warring and threatening God, draconian punishments and mumbo jumbo rituals and irrational, violent, ignorant and hallucinating prophets serving as their pimps on earth?

The main thing that counts where religion is concerned is realization - direct experiences of uniting the individual self with the supreme self. This is the true meaning of religion.

If realization is beyond your capacity, fine. Turn humanist or become universal in this way - If at all religion forms a part of your life then make it a point to go for synthesis - drawing the best aspects from every text/practice and fuse that to form a nice composite and then study that from a logical perspective and include in this eclectic mix the best discoveries of science and infuse all of this with empathy, compassion and love and there you get a fine workable philosophy of life that can do wonders for your synapses, hormones, relationships and general health and take you great places in life in every positive sense.

This synthetic approach would augur well for individual and global peace instead of fanatically clinging to any one book or to a set of nonsensical rituals and arguing endlessly over it.

Finally, remember there's nothing to be proud of narrow identities - " I am a Jew", I am a Buddhist" and so on - all that is mumbo jumbo, ignorance and false pride leading to madness and bigotry

Location hidden

#61553 Oct 30, 2013
Every scientific practice is based on hypothesis, calculations, equations, experimentation and observation. In this way, one arrives at a working hypothesis with a high degree of confidence in its efficacy with room for improvisation. A sound knowledge of higher Math is always useful when taking to the scientific method in any discipline in the lab, industry or when working with nature.

Location hidden

#61554 Oct 30, 2013
Math is the spine of inference in any scientific discipline.

Location hidden

#61555 Oct 30, 2013
No Math, no science.

Location hidden

#61556 Oct 30, 2013
All the Mind-Matter stuff that I keep posting here, is, in tangible ways, fast being corroborated by mainstream science through preliminary studies backed by experimentation. Of course, my yogic experiences have taken me far beyond the hypotheses and findings of mind-matter researchers working at Princeton, IONS, Stanford and elsewhere. Wow!

Location hidden

#61557 Oct 30, 2013
SETTING UP A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE

I and a close friend are discussing the idea of setting up a training center in Mumbai to uplift the standards of Math, Physics, Chem, Biology and English in Mumbai schools and colleges. The center if established will provide valuable tips and the correct methods to students, teachers and undergrad lecturers of grasping key concepts and showing them how to apply them correctly in classrooms and in work situations. I feel the need to undertake this exercise since back here, as in most parts of the world, a vast majority of people with basic as well as advanced degrees working in scientific disciplines lack a strong foundation in Math, Science and Communication Skills owing to a poor grasp of the subjects concerned and so they fail to deliver outstanding results in their chosen field of endeavor. My friend who is also from IIT and has entered his flourishing family run business at the present is keen on this project and I too am getting interested. We plan to design and oversee the contents of the training program and may at times call in leading experts to teach the core, if need be.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#61558 Oct 30, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
SETTING UP A CALL CENTRE...
Finally speaking on a subject with which he has direct experience.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61559 Oct 30, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Without human intelligence to conceive, establish, operate, review and benefit from nation, corporation and government there would be no nation, no corporation, no government.
rabbee: alleged human intelligence all from the subtle beasts of the fields. don't even try to make me laugh, at you for that.

Location hidden

#61560 Oct 30, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: alleged human intelligence all from the subtle beasts of the fields. don't even try to make me laugh, at you for that.
What do you mean by intelligence?

Are you even averagely intelligent? LOL.

Location hidden

#61561 Oct 30, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

the subtle beasts of the fields.
What are these subtle beasts?

What is meant by "fields" - a term that you keep referring to?

Location hidden

#61562 Oct 30, 2013
A sound knowledge of higher Math is always useful when taking to the scientific method in any discipline in the lab, industry or when working with nature.

Location hidden

#61563 Oct 30, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>

It was not his aim but he clearly stated that theoretical physics was thus beyond his grasp. The combination of math and logical reasoning.
MAAT,

I know that you work in advanced Physics and hold a Ph.D. in one of the specializations of the subject.

Attempt this elementary question in Physics:

I am sure the following basic question in Physics will be child's play for a doctorate holder in Physics like your good self.

QUESTION:

A table with a smooth horizontal surface is turning at an angular speed w about its axis. A groove is made on the surface along a radius and a particle is gently placed inside the groove at a distance a from the center.

Show that the speed of the particle with respect to the table as its distance from the center become L is given by:

v = w(L^2 - a^2)^1/2

(smiles in advance)

Location hidden

#61564 Oct 30, 2013
RABBEE:

Hi there, UC at Berkeley and Stanford grad and ex-scientist,

How're you?

I know that you worked in advanced Physics and hold a Ph.D., if not 2 or 3 Ph.Ds, in one (or many) of the specializations of the subject.

Attempt this elementary question in Physics:

I am sure the following basic question in Physics will be child's play for a doctorate holder in Physics like your good self.

QUESTION:

A table with a smooth horizontal surface is turning at an angular speed w about its axis. A groove is made on the surface along a radius and a particle is gently placed inside the groove at a distance a from the center.

Show that the speed of the particle with respect to the table as its distance from the center become L is given by:

v = w(L^2 - a^2)^1/2

(smiles in advance)

Location hidden

#61565 Oct 30, 2013
VOLUNTARIST:

If government or nation is a fictitious entity, as you constantly keep stating, is your love for your kids real? How?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:21 pm PST

NFL 1:21PM