Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,131
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#61249 Oct 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
...People have differing opinions regarding what should be essential...
That is the crux of the issue. The standard for what is considered "essential" is in dire need of reevaluation (in my opinion). The current standard is to look at any perceived problem and immediately exhort "The government needs to do something about _______!" If you accept the idea that the function of government is to provide an environment where the citizenry can prosper, not to ensure everyone does prosper then establishing courts, public safety, foreign relations are all proper functions of government. Engaging in the business of selling products and services is not.

I would suggest a new standard. Start with the baseline assumption that the government, any government, should not be providing services that can be /are being delivered efficiently by the private sector.

If there are inefficiencies in the distribution of services by the private sector THEN address that inefficiency. Either by providing incentive for more private service providers or by stepping in an providing that service by subcontract -- but only dealing with the inefficiency. In my opinion, government should not be in the business of commercial competition with the private sector.

Location hidden

#61250 Oct 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Not entirely. The world is a much more complicated place than ever before, and that increase in complication in turn requires more people to handle all of the new tasks that did not exist in the days of the Founding Fathers.
For example, how many computer programers were part of the Washington administration? How many air conditioning repairmen? And yet those are both functions that need to be filled within the government.
I don't disagree that the world is, in fact, more complicated. I also don't doubt there were many more buggy whip repairmen and butter churners in the Washington administration.

My question, and I don't believe there is an obvious answer. "Should there be computer programmers and air conditioning repairmen on the government payroll?" Or, could these services be better provided by contracting them from the private sector?

Location hidden

#61251 Oct 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And some (EPA, for example) are needed by everyone equally, even those who do not appreciate the work they do.
The EPA has done some very good work. Setting standards for air and water quality is a fine example.

Engaging in the creation of an artificial biofuels market that cost Billions and inadvertently sparked basic food shortages across the globe to provide a product that no one was looking for, probably not so much.

A department like the EPA is a good example of a function of government -- make sure people aren't throwing their garbage in the sea, land, or air. But, that needs to be the limit of their function. Set the standard, enforce that standard, rinse, repeat.
Eric

Glen Ellyn, IL

#61252 Oct 26, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be more pleased if people closely follow the psycho-vital-physical laws of nature to produce superior human types that possess deep insight, compassion, lofty thinking and the capacity to tune in directly to the forces in and around them. This breed of superior human types would hardly face any problems in dealing with the difficulties of nature and being and would not be conned by fake cult beliefs, surface scientific teachings and religious mumbo jumbo.
Reply: See what Frijoles says in http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...

Then remember how you were sequestered in your apartment with thoughts of suicide and that there were the few on this thread who suggested that you get out of your apartment, pull yourself up by your bootstraps (sandal straps?), and find a way to channel your knowledge for the betterment of your community. It seems like you did just that. I wished only to express my good wishes on your doing so.

Location hidden

#61254 Oct 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Reply: See what Frijoles says in http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
Then remember how you were sequestered in your apartment with thoughts of suicide and that there were the few on this thread who suggested that you get out of your apartment, pull yourself up by your bootstraps (sandal straps?), and find a way to channel your knowledge for the betterment of your community. It seems like you did just that. I wished only to express my good wishes on your doing so.
In my opinion, my more time he spends here -- sequestered from the community -- the better for the community.

By tempting Joel to spend his time online, Topix might have very well saved the lives of children and house pets in his community.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61255 Oct 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

It takes a rare tortured soul to turn from a compliment into gibberish such as that.
You lack the minimal intelligence to appreciate the depth of that aim - which is a hope that by indulging in the right procreational practices humankind could rise to a superior eugenic gradation free from perversions and weaknesses.

Genetically stable and superior humans would hardly face any problems in facing the challenges of nature and being and would breeze through life making the right choices and through an opening of consciousness would come into direct contact with the play of the gross and subtle forces and know things in the omnijective way and in this way serve to create an evolutionary push in the human species.

Location hidden

#61256 Oct 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles is the online dunce with poor or nonexistent intellectual capacities. He's only obsessed with homosexuality, girlish exclamations like "ouch", cult mumbo jumbo, tribalism and cheap politics. He's a joke. LOL.

Without the yogic experiences, you won't understand the role of the hostile force attacks and the way they can become life threatening if the adverse forces see that the budding yogi is in direct touch with a plane of consciousness as lofty, as potent and as transformational as the supramental and so they attack such an aspirant even more viciously and besides by exposing the machinations, evil and inferiority of certain malevolent typal beings - the God of certain faiths - I invited more of these vicious attacks. Then, my ex-master was another one targeting me for dumping him. So, I suffered a lot/am suffering to an extent.

If my Math training can a arouse a strong desire for excellence in Math in the undergrads who I taught the subject, then, good - it will help make them better researchers or better number crunchers. That's all.

Teaching Math to undergrads for 3 days in a math camp (or say even I were to teach Math in a college in a permanent capacity) is good fun because in this way one helps the students understand the subject better but at the same time my aim is much deeper and far more radical than merely teaching Math given my direct exposure via yogic experiences to the mind-matter matrix.

Math cannot change human nature by an uplifting of it from its unregenerate state nor can it solve any of the fundamental problems related to personality defects, perverse generational instincts, psychological misery, asuric force attacks, inequalities, injustice, lack of peace and in general it is impotent in a deeper sense in the mind-matter context in the world.

I have always excelled at Math but I have observed that too much emphasis on Math involving esoteric abstractions unbalances the brain and throws one into a narrow corner and brings about a state of mental hallucination about numbers and mathematical operations which is not fruitful and as such it suppresses one's finer instincts and destroys one's higher capacities related to the higher logical faculties that are of a non-mathematical nature and it also damages one's omnijective capacities of being. Within certain healthy limits, Math is a boon, otherwise it's a bane.

Community service through teaching Math is fine provided one can instil not only the love for ordinary subjects like Math in the untutored minds of the students but more than this ordinary feat it should awaken the imperative need in ignorant people to closely follow the laws of nature/being so as to bring the consciousness into any of the numerous higher states as far as one's capacities permit via direct experiences that ultimately leads to self-realization and transformation of mind, vital and body. This is the highest aim of human existence. Math, partnership with savage typal beings calling themselves God, ritualistic mumbo jumbo, unethical dealings, cruelty, tribalism, sensual excesses and unnatural obsessions can only create imbalances in personality and invite global trouble and lead the individual and collectivity downhill as we see happening everywhere.

Location hidden

#61257 Oct 26, 2013
Within certain healthy limits, Math is a boon, otherwise it's a bane.
Voluntarist

United States

#61258 Oct 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Not entirely. The world is a much more complicated place than ever before, and that increase in complication in turn requires more people to handle all of the new tasks that did not exist in the days of the Founding Fathers.
For example, how many computer programers were part of the Washington administration? How many air conditioning repairmen? And yet those are both functions that need to be filled within the government.
Computers are meant to simplify record keeping and calculations, they would actually cut down on the need for employees.
Voluntarist

United States

#61259 Oct 26, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the crux of the issue. The standard for what is considered "essential" is in dire need of reevaluation (in my opinion). The current standard is to look at any perceived problem and immediately exhort "The government needs to do something about _______!" If you accept the idea that the function of government is to provide an environment where the citizenry can prosper, not to ensure everyone does prosper then establishing courts, public safety, foreign relations are all proper functions of government. Engaging in the business of selling products and services is not.
I would suggest a new standard. Start with the baseline assumption that the government, any government, should not be providing services that can be /are being delivered efficiently by the private sector.
If there are inefficiencies in the distribution of services by the private sector THEN address that inefficiency. Either by providing incentive for more private service providers or by stepping in an providing that service by subcontract -- but only dealing with the inefficiency. In my opinion, government should not be in the business of commercial competition with the private sector.
I don't have a problem with government providing a service its just the forced extraction of wealth to pay for services.
Moses Kestenbaum ODA

New York, NY

#61260 Oct 26, 2013
Am Yisroel chai, israel forever , israel is the best place to live on Mother Earth , israel has the best brains, the minds in one place that why every tech firm has a location in israel
Voluntarist

United States

#61261 Oct 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And some (EPA, for example) are needed by everyone equally, even those who do not appreciate the work they do.
If the us government was such a grand idea these days and people thought that they were great then they wouldn't have to extract payment for their services by force.
Voluntarist

United States

#61262 Oct 26, 2013
Leaked Video: FEMA Preparing Military Police For Gun Confiscations and
Martial Law
U.S. Army MP told Constitution may be suspended by Homeland Security
Kit Daniels
Infowars.com
October 26, 2013
Infowars has confirmed the identity and authenticity of the source of the video below as a member
of the U.S. Army military police in Arizona.
The video, shot in September 2013, shows an army commander briefing the MPs on their new
command structure under the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of
Homeland Security for domestic operations with the National Guard.
The MP began recording the exchange after being shocked to hear that they were now under FEMA
control.
In this video you can clearly hear the commander discuss the suspension of the Constitution for
martial law and gun confiscations in America.
In essence, the military police is to provide security for FEMA while the agency confiscates our
guns during a government-declared domestic crisis.
“They did that in Katrina, right,” the commander said.“They just go on and take away people’s
guns.”
This is yet another piece of the larger pattern of demonization of gun owners, libertarians,
conservatives, Christians and anyone who will not bow down to enslavement by a hijacked
government occupied by ruthless tyrants who desire only total control.
We’ve already seen gun confiscations in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005:
The hijacked federal government has been meticulously preparing for martial law at a breakneck
speed.
Last year, a leaked U.S. Army manual entitled FM 3-39.40 Internment and Resettlement Operations
outlined the responsibilities of army “PSYOP” officers to indoctrinate “political activists” into
having an “appreciation of U.S. policies” while they are detained at detention camps within
America.
Another training manual demonized Americans who embrace individual liberties as potential
“extremists” and even referred to the Founding Fathers as examples of “extremists” in history.
The U.S. Army Civil Disturbance Operations manual from 2006 broke down how military assets on
U.S. soil will be used to confiscate firearms, put down riots and even kill Americans.
This manual listed weapons to be used against American “dissidents,” including “anti-riot”
grenades, and emphasized that “warning shots will not be fired.”
Earlier this year, Law Enforcement Targets, Inc., a provider of shooting targets to DHS and other
federal agencies, sold a line of realistic-looking “non-traditional” targets of pregnant women,
children and the elderly .
One target in particular depicted a pregnant woman standing inside a nursery.
These targets are designed to condition law enforcement into shooting these American “threats”
without hesitation.
In addition to buying shooting targets of Americans, DHS also bought two billion rounds of
ammunition for domestic operations last year.
This excessive amount, enough to sustain the war in Iraq for 24 years, will ensure the rapid
expansion of the police state during the civil chaos caused by the likely economic collapse of
America.
We’ve already seen a similar paramilitary takeover after the Boston Bombings , when armored
police went door-to-door to enter and search homes without a warrant.
The hijacked federal government is simply shedding our constitutional republic and purging what
remains of our liberties while demonizing anyone who stands in the way.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#61263 Oct 26, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, my more time he spends here -- sequestered from the community -- the better for the community.
By tempting Joel to spend his time online, Topix might have very well saved the lives of children and house pets in his community.
Pages ago.
But i was wondering about screening.
Maybe it does not exist in India and any old how can step in there.

Probably the PTA will banish him.
If they have those.
Sure they do, be it in mob form.
Voluntarist

United States

#61264 Oct 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, another Bush era innovation. Conceding that Obama is guilty as well, but no worse than Bush. Doesnt support your notion as Obama as more war mongering.
I never stated that Obama was more of a war monger, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a war monger.

Location hidden

#61265 Oct 26, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem with government providing a service its just the forced extraction of wealth to pay for services.
let's say government had unlimeted expansion (not so, America rather has issues on not subscribing the bill and making everything political)
Then we would have a situatio that would also mean full employment.
So all people included.

Capitalism, the theory thereof rather sees a situation with unemployment, to keep taxes down and to have muzzles on unions.

Location hidden

#61266 Oct 26, 2013
Okay, that's two posts without being reverted to the terms of agreement of topix.
Let's try posting to Eric again!
Eric

Glen Ellyn, IL

#61267 Oct 26, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles is the online dunce with poor or nonexistent intellectual capacities. He's only obsessed with homosexuality, girlish exclamations like "ouch", cult mumbo jumbo, tribalism and cheap politics. He's a joke. LOL.
Without the yogic experiences, you won't understand the role of the hostile force attacks and the way they can become life threatening if the adverse forces see that the budding yogi is in direct touch with a plane of consciousness as lofty, as potent and as transformational as the supramental and so they attack such an aspirant even more viciously and besides by exposing the machinations, evil and inferiority of certain malevolent typal beings - the God of certain faiths - I invited more of these vicious attacks. Then, my ex-master was another one targeting me for dumping him. So, I suffered a lot/am suffering to an extent.
If my Math training can a arouse a strong desire for excellence in Math in the undergrads who I taught the subject, then, good - it will help make them better researchers or better number crunchers. That's all.
Teaching Math to undergrads for 3 days in a math camp (or say even I were to teach Math in a college in a permanent capacity) is good fun because in this way one helps the students understand the subject better but at the same time my aim is much deeper and far more radical than merely teaching Math given my direct exposure via yogic experiences to the mind-matter matrix.
Math cannot change human nature by an uplifting of it from its unregenerate state nor can it solve any of the fundamental problems related to personality defects, perverse generational instincts, psychological misery, asuric force attacks, inequalities, injustice, lack of peace and in general it is impotent in a deeper sense in the mind-matter context in the world.
I have always excelled at Math but I have observed that too much emphasis on Math involving esoteric abstractions unbalances the brain and throws one into a narrow corner and brings about a state of mental hallucination about numbers and mathematical operations which is not fruitful and as such it suppresses one's finer instincts and destroys one's higher capacities related to the higher logical faculties that are of a non-mathematical nature and it also damages one's omnijective capacities of being. Within certain healthy limits, Math is a boon, otherwise it's a bane.
Community service through teaching Math is fine provided one can instil not only the love for ordinary subjects like Math in the untutored minds of the students but more than this ordinary feat it should awaken the imperative need in ignorant people to closely follow the laws of nature/being so as to bring the consciousness into any of the numerous higher states as far as one's capacities permit via direct experiences that ultimately leads to self-realization and transformation of mind, vital and body. This is the highest aim of human existence. Math, partnership with savage typal beings calling themselves God, ritualistic mumbo jumbo, unethical dealings, cruelty, tribalism, sensual excesses and unnatural obsessions can only create imbalances in personality and invite global trouble and lead the individual and collectivity downhill as we see happening everywhere.
annnnnd, it got you out of your apartment and among other people at a time when your mental health was questionable.
Voluntarist

United States

#61268 Oct 26, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the reason. When some American Fenians raided across the border into Canada, the US gov't accepted responsibiblity for "allowing" them to commit an act of terrorism.
If an anti Chinese terrorist group was using the U.S. as a base for training and operations, and the P.R.C. launched a drone strike against that base, the U.S. would not have a lot of room to complain, especially if the P.R.C. had already tried to go through proper channels.
The US never accepts responsibility.
The US backs rebels in Syria some of which are Al Qaeda.
Voluntarist

United States

#61269 Oct 26, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
let's say government had unlimeted expansion (not so, America rather has issues on not subscribing the bill and making everything political)
Then we would have a situatio that would also mean full employment.
So all people included.
Capitalism, the theory thereof rather sees a situation with unemployment, to keep taxes down and to have muzzles on unions.
Now you want everyone working for government?

I think that the pilgrims tried that (everyone reaping the same benefit) and some did much more work than others and caused resentment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:00AM