Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
55,041 - 55,060 of 68,361 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
ORIGINALLY Frijoles was of the same understanding as they guy in the song. He thought SHE was just an ugly girl. But Frijoles eventually discovered that HE was a man dressed as a woman. GET IT numbnuts?
That's the whole point of the song. The guy thinks it's a woman but eventually it turns out that it's a man TRYING TO PICK UP THE GUY. AND THAT'S WHY IT'S ABOUT YOU.
Eric---ORIGINALLY Frijoles was of the same understanding as they guy in the song. He thought SHE was just an ugly girl

HughBe--- Thanks for FINALLY confirming my ORIGINAL words."Still having a challenge in differentiating between sexes. A real cause for concern."

He thought that a HE was a SHE. Get it?

End of story.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The only joke around here is you and your penchant for picking up men.
I totally agree with you that his and no doubt your inability to differentiate between genders is no JOKING matter.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats very lofty.
However lets get back to the topic at hand
You remarked "He and other tea party favorites have helped thwart destructive legislation..."
As far as I can tell, he and the Tea Party, other than sinking Gun Control, have been abysmal failures. Do you agree? What else have they accomplished? Was the one small victory worth the pyrrhic consequences of the rest of the failed initiaves?
And wouldn't they of accomplish more of their agenda if they had learned the art of governing/legislating instead of trying to tear everything down like a bunch of spoiled brats?(sorry for the harsh characterization but I call it as I see it)
Being strict constitionalists has potential.
I don't think that you understand the political awakening that is happening.
Old geezers like John McCain are not conservative.
The conservative constitutionalist grass roots movement is taking hold and is poised to take over the conservative party, or gain enough steam to split off.
Its about the awakening, the Ted Cruz Rand Paul types are just the beginning.
There is no failure in promoting liberty.
MUQ

Bhopal, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party is the people, those which they support are their representatives.
Why do you call someone an obstructionist for doing their jobs in promoting fiscal constraints.
He and other tea party favorites have helped thwart destructive legislation.
Dont get carried away, most of the government was not "shut down" .
What do you think will happen eventually when the government borrows more money than is in us existence to pay back?
Most members of "Tea Party" actually do not drink tea!!

Another of these "misnomers"?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Is Hugh UGLY? NO
Is Hugh a "WOMAN"? NO.
Is Eric UGLY? I don't know
Is Eric a "WOMAN"? I believe so.
Is Frijoles UGLY? I don't know
Is Frijoles a "WOMAN"? I believe so.
Geez,

I wouldnt think you could dig your whole deeper, but then you do

Why dont you just admit you are wrong, for once, and then move on. Its obvious to anyone else that you boo-booed

And you should probably at least read these lyrics. It would explain what I was saying and why you are clueless. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/k/kinks/lola_20079...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---ORIGINALLY Frijoles was of the same understanding as they guy in the song. He thought SHE was just an ugly girl
HughBe--- Thanks for FINALLY confirming my ORIGINAL words."Still having a challenge in differentiating between sexes. A real cause for concern."
He thought that a HE was a SHE. Get it?
End of story.
Doofus

the whole point of the song (I.e. "its a mixed up world, its a shook up world, said my LOLA..." is that what you call "sex" identity (i.e. mental identity) is not so straight forward.

The fact that I didnt "get it" doesnt mean I was having a challenge differentiating. Rather, I was following a convention superficially which was incorrect. Ironically, as ERIC pointed out, my actions were METAPHORIC and in line with the song.

You seem to have a problem with complexity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Most members of "Tea Party" actually do not drink tea!!
Another of these "misnomers"?
Its also a misnomer.

The original Tea Partiers were not protesting taxes or government, rather they were protesting taxes and government BY the British Colonialists. They had no issues with the concepts, as long as they were grounded in America, and in fact many went on to fight for America and helped design the same government that the modern day Tea Party is against.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Being strict constitionalists has potential.
I don't think that you understand the political awakening that is happening.
Old geezers like John McCain are not conservative.
The conservative constitutionalist grass roots movement is taking hold and is poised to take over the conservative party, or gain enough steam to split off.
Its about the awakening, the Ted Cruz Rand Paul types are just the beginning.
There is no failure in promoting liberty.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the question I originally had is whether or not the Tea Party has accomplished anything.

From what you have suggested, the answer is NOTHING except one issue.

If you look at all the damage to the system they have done,(24 estimated 24 Billion for a worthless govt shutdown, damage to the economy etc etc) I would say that their net is a negative.

"There is no failure in promoting liberty" If I was an employer and my employee delineated a goal metric so unmeasurable and so irrelevant to the measurable performance standards of my business such as that, I would fire him/her.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

While I'm generally in agreement with the stated Tea Party position on most subjects (not the MSNBC-stated Tea Party position that includes the reintroduction of slavery)I think the latest congressional bunfight between parties over funding Obamacare and the ensuant shutdown was a TKO for the Tea Party and the Republicans.

I also think that the Republicans choosing to put a junior senator like Cruz at the head of the column on this was a key indicator on how contemptuously the Republican Party in general views the Tea Party.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

Rick Moss wrote:
While I'm generally in agreement with the stated Tea Party position on most subjects (not the MSNBC-stated Tea Party position that includes the reintroduction of slavery)I think the latest congressional bunfight between parties over funding Obamacare and the ensuant shutdown was a TKO for the Tea Party and the Republicans.
I also think that the Republicans choosing to put a junior senator like Cruz at the head of the column on this was a key indicator on how contemptuously the Republican Party in general views the Tea Party.
But the thing is, its never about pure economic concerns. The fiscal fixation is just a veil to push a social agenda.

The same party that is promoting the TP also welcomes those who are anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-hispanic, anti-poor, anti-anything other than evangelical Christianity, anti-science, anti-anything except white men. The act that there has never been a major public rebellion by the "mainstream" Repubs indicates that they are a supporting party to this anarchy.

You would never fit in the TP here in the US. First, you are too thoughtful. Second, you are Jewish. Either of those is fatal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Rick Scarborough, Tea Party Leader, Suggests Class Action Lawsuit Against Homosexuality

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/18/rick...

Welcome to the Pro-Life Tea Party, a new grass roots program designed to help bring an end to abortion within your lifetime and hopefully mine.

http://www.movementforabetteramerica.org/prol...

Tea Party Speaker at Anti-Immigrant Rally:“You Can’t Breed Secretariat to a Donkey and Win the Kentucky Derby”
It’s racism, folks. No other word for it.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/42278...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Tea Party Preacher’s ‘False Religion’ Remark Upsets Jews

“Non-Christians Have a False Religion" but the Jews are an exception, says a Virginia Tea Party preacher-candidate in a splendid show of how to put your foot in your mouth.

By: Tzvi Ben-Gedalyahu Published: October 23rd, 2013

Read more at: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/tea-party-pre...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

on the other hand....(to be fair and balanced..)

an old article (2011) but still interesting
----------

JEWS AND THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT

http://shma.com/2012/12/jews-and-the-tea-part...

"....Findings confirm that the more religiously conservative or traditional a person is in his or her practice or belief, the more likely that that individual would resonate to the views and values of the Tea Party movement.

Two measures examined within the Pew study and replicated in my research confirmed that Tea Party advocates adopt a conservative approach to the economy and tend to take socially conservative positions. Tea Party backers also heavily endorse the rights of gun owners. Jews are politically more complex than simple party labels. There has always been a small cohort of Jews who have endorsed libertarian ideas. Now, not only has this group felt more empowered, but also other Jewish voters fearful about their financial future and that of the nation have found common cause with the Tea Party ideology. As Jews have become more deeply embedded in the mainstream of American society, their politics now emulate, to a greater degree, the diversity of ideas that define the broader culture.

Yet, as Washington, D.C. journalist James Besser reported, quoting Fred Zeidman, a longtime Jewish Republican leader in Texas,“The idea of the Tea Parties scares the hell out of the Jewish community, and I can’t tell you it’s unjustifiable in some cases. There are some candidates out there that are clearly unqualified.”5..."
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its also a misnomer.
The original Tea Partiers were not protesting taxes or government, rather they were protesting taxes and government BY the British Colonialists. They had no issues with the concepts, as long as they were grounded in America, and in fact many went on to fight for America and helped design the same government that the modern day Tea Party is against.
You mean the government that doesn't follow its own constitution? That one?
Taxation without representation.

There certainly was no income tax at the time of the tea party and no federal reserve.
And tar and feathering was a popular thing to do with politicians, I think we should bring that back.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the question I originally had is whether or not the Tea Party has accomplished anything.
From what you have suggested, the answer is NOTHING except one issue.
If you look at all the damage to the system they have done,(24 estimated 24 Billion for a worthless govt shutdown, damage to the economy etc etc) I would say that their net is a negative.
"There is no failure in promoting liberty" If I was an employer and my employee delineated a goal metric so unmeasurable and so irrelevant to the measurable performance standards of my business such as that, I would fire him/her.
The idea of liberty is just a thought and it is growing.
You talk about some damage but you ignore the damage being done by borrowing and borrowing and borrowing and spend spend spend.
Obama refused to negotiable btw, it takes two to tango.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

As Ye Sow, So Shall Ye Reap
Paul Craig Roberts
Infowars.com
October 24, 2013
The year 2014 could be shaping up as the year that the chickens come home to roost.
Americans, even well-informed
ones, don’t know all of the
mistakes made by neoconized and
corrupted Washington in the past
two decades. However, enough is
known to see that the US has lost
economic and political power,
and that the loss is irreversible.
The economic cost of this lost
will be born by what remains of
the middle class and the increasingly poverty-stricken lower class. The one percent will have
offshore gold holdings and large sums of money in foreign currencies and other foreign assets to see
them through.
In the political arena, the collapse of the Soviet Union presented Washington with the grand
opportunity to reallocate the Pentagon budget to other uses. Part of the reduction could have been
returned to taxpayers for their own use. Another part could have been used to improve worn out
infrastructure. And another part could have been used to repair and improve the social safety net,
thus insuring domestic tranquility. A final, but perhaps most important part, could have been used
to begin repaying the Treasury IOUs in the Social Security Trust Fund from which Washington has
borrowed and spent $2 trillion, leaving non-marketable IOUs in the place of the Social Security
payroll tax revenues that Washington raided in order to fund its wars and current operations.
Instead, influenced by neoconservative warmongers who advocated America using its “sole
superpower” status to establish hegemony over the world, Washington let hubris and arrogance run
away with it. The consequence was that Washington destroyed its soft power with lies and war
crimes, only to find that its military power was insufficient to support its occupation of Iraq, its
conquest of Afghanistan, and its financial imperialism.
Now seen universally as a lawless warmonger and a nuisance, Washington’s soft power has been
squandered. With its influence on the wane, Washington has become more of a bully. In response,
the rest of the world is isolating Washington.
The prime minister of India, Manmohan Singh, recently declared China and Russia to be India’s
“most important partners” with whom India shares “common strategic interests.” Prime Minister
Singh said:“ India and Russia have always had a convergence of views on global and regional
issues, and we value Russia’s perspective on international developments of mutual interest.”
India joined China in expressing concerns about the Federal Reserve’s practice of printing money in
order to cover Washington’s vast red ink. The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) are
taking steps to create their own method of settling trade accounts in order to protect themselves
from the looming dollar implosion,
China has forcefully called for a “de-Americanized world.” After watching the “superpower”
offshore a large part of its GDP to China and then add to the diminished tax base the burden of $6
trillion in wars that brought no booty and served no US interest, China has concluded that
American power is spent. The London Telegraph thinks “it is only a matter of time before the
renminbi replaces the dollar as the primary currency for trading commodities and resources.”
The Obama regime attempted to attack Syria based on the sort of lies that the Bush regime used to
invade Iraq, only to be slapped down by the British Parliament and Russian government. This
rebuke was followed by the childishness of the government shutdown and threat of default.
Consequently, the Washington morons have lost their monopoly on economic and political
leadership. A few days ago the British government announced a historic agreement that permits
British investors direct access to China’s markets and allows Chinese banks to expand their
operations in Great Britain.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

In Australia, the US dollar will no longer be used as the currency in which to settle the Australian
trade accounts with China. Instead of dollars, trade will be settled in the Chinese currency.
Washington served as cheerleader, as did most economists and libertarians, while US corporations,
greedy for short-term profits and executive bonuses, offshored US industry and manufacturing,
calling it free trade. The obvious and predicted result is that China’s demand for resources needed
to fuel its industrial and manufacturing power now dominates markets. This means that the US
dollar is being displaced as world currency. The only market that America dominates is the market
for financial fraud.
When industrial, manufacturing, and tradeable professional service jobs are offshored, they take US
GDP and tax base with them. The foreign country gets the benefit of the relocated economic
activity. Due to the revenues lost from jobs offshoring, there is a large gap between federal revenues
and federal expenditures. As Washington’s irresponsible behavior has raised so many doubts about
the dollar’s value and the government’s commitment to stand behind its massive debt, foreign
countries with trade surpluses with the US are less and less willing to recycle those surpluses into
the purchase of US Treasury debt.
Today the two largest holders of US Treasury debt are not investors or even foreign central banks.
The two largest holders are the Federal Reserve and the Social Security Trust Fund.
As for those $6 trillion wars, that’s to pay for national defense to protect us from women, children,
and village elders in far away countries devoid of air forces and navies, and to provide those
recycled taxpayer monies from the military/security complex that find their way into political
contributions.
The Wall Street gangsters sighed for relief over the last minute debt ceiling agreement. This shows
how short-term Wall Street’s outlook is. All the October agreement did was to push off the crisis to
January and February. The “debt ceiling agreement” did not produce a new debt ceiling that would
last beyond February, and it did not resolve the large difference between federal revenues and
expenditures. In other words, the can was again kicked down the road. A repeat of the October
fiasco won’t play well.
Obamacare is causing the premiums on private insurance polices to rise substantially, almost
doubling in some situations unless people move to the uncertain exchanges, and Obamacare’s raid
on Medicare payroll tax revenues has resulted in a cut in Medicare payments to health care
providers. The result is a further reduction in consumer discretionary income and a further drop
in the economy.
This in turn means a larger federal budget deficit and the need for the Federal Reserve to purchase
more debt.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
The Tea Party is the people, those which they support are their representatives.
A political party consists of constituents (the people). Of these constituents, some will rise to fill leadership/representative roles. Ted Cruz is both a Tea Party constituent and representative. He IS one of them.
Voluntarist wrote:
Why do you call someone an obstructionist for doing their jobs in promoting fiscal constraints.
Fiscal constraint is a ruse. The Tea Party is ideologically stuck on smaller government. Regardless of whether certain legislation is fiscally constrained or not, they will vote against it if they perceive it as contributing to a more hands-on government approach, and they will NOT compromise on this ideology. In this regard, they ARE obstructionists.
Voluntarist wrote:
He and other tea party favorites have helped thwart destructive legislation.
Exactly why they are obstructionists. To them, ALL legislation is destructive. They are more concerned with removing legislation than creating it. I think they forget the role of the legislative body that they are elected members of.
Voluntarist wrote:
Dont get carried away, most of the government was not "shut down" .
Tell that to the federal employees that didn't get their paychecks during that period.
Voluntarist wrote:
What do you think will happen eventually when the government borrows more money than is in us existence to pay back?
Tell that to the war-mongering Neocons that got us into two wars that will ultimately cost us $4 Trillion to $6 Trillion dollars. Or the bone head Tea Partiers whose government shutdown will cost the U.S. economy upwards of $24 billion dollars.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez,
I wouldnt think you could dig your whole deeper, but then you do
Why dont you just admit you are wrong, for once, and then move on. Its obvious to anyone else that you boo-booed
And you should probably at least read these lyrics. It would explain what I was saying and why you are clueless. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/k/kinks/lola_20079...
FRijoles---I wouldnt think you could dig your whole deeper

HughBe--- Son as you mature your "ability" will lengthen and you shall be able to dig a deeper hole. Your maximum depth will be reached upon maturity.

Based on how deep you are able to dig currently I would say that you have another 7 years before you have reached your maximum.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Doofus
the whole point of the song (I.e. "its a mixed up world, its a shook up world, said my LOLA..." is that what you call "sex" identity (i.e. mental identity) is not so straight forward.
The fact that I didnt "get it" doesnt mean I was having a challenge differentiating. Rather, I was following a convention superficially which was incorrect. Ironically, as ERIC pointed out, my actions were METAPHORIC and in line with the song.
You seem to have a problem with complexity.
Frijoles---Doofus

HughBe--- Rear Admiral, Eric your man said that you thought that a MAN was a woman. How intelligent of you.

Also, it explains to me your sexual behaviour.

Your man's words-- "ORIGINALLY Frijoles was of the same understanding as they guy in the song. He thought SHE was just an ugly girl"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hall retires from magistrate judge post (Dec '10) 20 hr Jim Spainhower 9
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Tue Duh 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Jul 13 troll 23
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn Jul 13 mar bear 2
Lawsuit filed in federal court alleges murder c... Jul 3 RobertJose 1
Passion fruit: Sweet, tasty watermelon may be h... (Jul '08) Jun 24 Carroll 16
Mexico City to give out Viagra to men 70 and older (Nov '08) Jun 23 Nealy 82
•••
•••