Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,008
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61102 Oct 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Timing is everything in the political world.
care to elaborate?

Location hidden

#61103 Oct 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Timing is everything in the political world.
Are you saying that you are only realizing the Tea Party are a bunch of sheep, NOW?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61104 Oct 23, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh ... someone "gave" you a firearm that sells goes for $5000 in fair condition?
I'm afraid even I'm not twisted enough to try and imagine what you "gave" him in return.
rabbee: well that would be cheap, compared to the half million expense account given to her. but i must admit, those older style of firearms. had a much more aesthetic appeal, the more modern versions. but like divorced barbie, she now has all of kens stuff too.
Voluntarist

United States

#61105 Oct 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you are only realizing the Tea Party are a bunch of sheep, NOW?
Ted Cruz isn't the tea party

The decision was made to give Obama everything he wants so he can collapse the dollar all by himself

There is some mistrust of Cruz however you will have to judge the man by what he accomplished not from where he is from

Have you seen Obamas approval rating?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#61106 Oct 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
He's certainly the most visible face of the Tea Party these days.
Voluntarist wrote:
The decision was made to give Obama everything he wants so he can collapse the dollar all by himself
The GOP didn't have much of a choice short of continuing to be obstructionists and keeping the government shut down and allowing the US to default on their loans.
Voluntarist wrote:
There is some mistrust of Cruz however you will have to judge the man by what he accomplished not from where he is from
He accomplished a big fat zero, and that is what I judge him on.
Voluntarist wrote:
More importantly, have you seen the GOP and Tea Party's approval rating? If this keeps up, the Democrats have a good chance of regaining a majority in the House.

Location hidden

#61107 Oct 23, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The GOP didn't have much of a choice short of continuing to be obstructionists and keeping the government shut down and allowing the US to default on their loans.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
More importantly, have you seen the GOP and Tea Party's approval rating? If this keeps up, the Democrats have a good chance of regaining a majority in the House.
As of two days ago

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/21/politics/cnn-po...

"...The survey indicates that the approval rating for Congress remains near an all-time low. Only 12% of those questioned say they approve of the job Congress is doing, just two points higher than the historic low in CNN polling. And 86% give federal lawmakers a thumbs-down, also near the all-time high.
Forty-four percent say they approve of the job the President is doing with 52% saying they disapprove..."

"....According to the survey, 54% say it's a bad thing that the GOP controls the House, up 11 points from last December, soon after the 2012 elections when the Republicans kept control of the chamber. Only 38% say it's a good thing the GOP controls the House, a 13-point dive from the end of last year..."

"...And the CNN/ORC International survey also indicates that more than six in 10 Americans say that Speaker of the House John Boehner should be replaced..."
Voluntarist

United States

#61108 Oct 23, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Tea Party is the people, those which they support are their representatives.

Why do you call someone an obstructionist for doing their jobs in promoting fiscal constraints.

He and other tea party favorites have helped thwart destructive legislation.

Dont get carried away, most of the government was not "shut down" .

What do you think will happen eventually when the government borrows more money than is in us existence to pay back?
Voluntarist

United States

#61109 Oct 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
As of two days ago
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/21/politics/cnn-po...
"...The survey indicates that the approval rating for Congress remains near an all-time low. Only 12% of those questioned say they approve of the job Congress is doing, just two points higher than the historic low in CNN polling. And 86% give federal lawmakers a thumbs-down, also near the all-time high.
Forty-four percent say they approve of the job the President is doing with 52% saying they disapprove..."
"....According to the survey, 54% say it's a bad thing that the GOP controls the House, up 11 points from last December, soon after the 2012 elections when the Republicans kept control of the chamber. Only 38% say it's a good thing the GOP controls the House, a 13-point dive from the end of last year..."
"...And the CNN/ORC International survey also indicates that more than six in 10 Americans say that Speaker of the House John Boehner should be replaced..."
Near an all time low was it 9% during Bush?

I don't like Boehner, I agree.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61110 Oct 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i just guess devil leaders, are not what they used to be.

Location hidden

#61111 Oct 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
He and other tea party favorites have helped thwart destructive legislation.
Such as?
Voluntarist

United States

#61112 Oct 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as?
Anti second amendment legislation.

Location hidden

#61113 Oct 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti second amendment legislation.
Lets suppose you are correct in your interpretation. I am assuming you conceded that they were failures on just about everything else.

Your whole position then boils down to the fact you support the Tea Party because of their success on a single issue.

So you are a one issue voter?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#61114 Oct 23, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I used heirloom seeds in my garden for two reasons -- they're reusable, unlike hybrids. And they typically come in a greater variety of breeds than the hybrids.
And they probably taste better...

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#61115 Oct 23, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And they probably taste better...
Yes, they REALLY do.

Location hidden

#61116 Oct 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Aug 2, 2013
Jamaican transvestite beaten, chopped and killed...
Hopefully, not in that order.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#61117 Oct 23, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is right to tell people to prepare for emergencies. However, very few people do.
For those that are prepared, if people are generally aware of your emergency preparations then they won't be much use to you in an emergency.
The key to survival is anonymity.
Or lots of ammunition...

Location hidden

#61118 Oct 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well that would be cheap, compared to the half million expense account given to her. but i must admit, those older style of firearms. had a much more aesthetic appeal, the more modern versions. but like divorced barbie, she now has all of kens stuff too.
Here's a tip, sparky. No one minds if you want to pretend to be a rich, lawer/doctor/astronaut who dates supermodels and spies for the CIA in his spare time. It's the Internet and people kind of expect it. Hell, Joel practically makes it his raison d'etre (much to the amusement of us all).

But, in order to perpetuate that fiction, you have to be vague and non-specific in your claims to greatness. If you wanted to pretend to be in the military, you could have just said that you were a soldier and had some proficiency with firearms.

Instead you come out of the gate claiming to be an elite drill-instructor who makes artillery at home in his spare time when he's not out spending his millions on women who, in return, lavish him with antique (and fairly rare) pre-civil war firearms.

By keeping your fictions much less fictional, you can spend much less time covering over the gaping holes in your lies and much more time spreading your hatred of Jews (which I assume is much more important to you).

Hope this helps.

Location hidden

#61119 Oct 23, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Or lots of ammunition...
While having lots of ammunition is a good thing (lots is really subjective). It's not so important in a SHTF/TEOTWAWWKI situation.

First of all, there is NEVER enough ammo. As someone rightly pointed out earlier, gunshots tend to attract attention, leading to the need to make more gunshots. Eventually, you'll find yourself in a Little Bighorn situation (and not be one of the Sioux).

Secondly, there is only so much ammo you can schlep with you when you eventually have to displace. Having a 1,000 rounds of .308 might come in handy (a thousand rounds won't last long in the scenario described above) it would weigh out at over 50 pounds (much more in magazines). Much too heavy to carry around. Even a thousand rounds of 9mm, a personal favourite, is around 26 pounds. 12 gauge shells are over 100 pounds per thousand. Considering you have to carry food, water and some essential supplies as well, much more than a standard combat load is too much.

The best advice I've heard is from the most fact-based of all Zombie movies, "Shaun of the Dead"

"Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil, grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over."

How's that for a slice of fried gold?
Voluntarist

United States

#61120 Oct 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets suppose you are correct in your interpretation. I am assuming you conceded that they were failures on just about everything else.
Your whole position then boils down to the fact you support the Tea Party because of their success on a single issue.
So you are a one issue voter?
I would support any party who puts forth the idea of liberty and libertarian principles.

Location hidden

#61121 Oct 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would support any party who puts forth the idea of liberty and libertarian principles.
Thats very lofty.

However lets get back to the topic at hand

You remarked "He and other tea party favorites have helped thwart destructive legislation..."

As far as I can tell, he and the Tea Party, other than sinking Gun Control, have been abysmal failures. Do you agree? What else have they accomplished? Was the one small victory worth the pyrrhic consequences of the rest of the failed initiaves?

And wouldn't they of accomplish more of their agenda if they had learned the art of governing/legislating instead of trying to tear everything down like a bunch of spoiled brats?(sorry for the harsh characterization but I call it as I see it)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:10 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:10AM