Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
54,801 - 54,820 of 68,838 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and if you use the seeds of any hybrid, you are most likely going to get some pretty crappy and disappointing results. but of course, splicing climbing roses on to an apple tree was kind of cute.
I have an apple tree in my yard that has 4 different types of apples on it.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Think harder. I know its tough.
Infowars.com is a news site just like msnbc.com
except Alex Jones doesn't alter video footage like Rachel Maddow

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

In the US, certified organic includes nonGM, as well as a host of sustainable farming practices (i.e. its not just pesticide-free).
Heirloom produce is another frontier here as well. As well as locally grown (which may or may not be organic). There is an entire foodie movement with people called locovores.
Organic foods should have the following characteristics -

1) Non-GM

2) Pesticide free

3) Soils should be well aerated and enriched using compost/cow dung/vermiculture.

4) Plants should be non-hybrid types unless cross pollination with compatible organic/natural types takes place.

5) Sowing/watering/composting/har vesting operations should be done manually using locally available labor.

6) Produce should be stored in containers made of organic/natural materials like clay/mud, straw, leaves, jute, bamboo, wood, etc, and organic preservatives like the leaves of neem and tulsi or turmeric pods, etc, should be placed in the containers with the produce/grains.

7) Farms should be irrigated using seasonal rainwater or using well water/ground water drawn from from the organic field itself that has been tested for contaminants.

8) Plants may subjected to soulful strains of instrumental/vocal classical music with proven therapeutic/mood uplifting effects.

PS:

The specialty stores that I frequent here stock local organic produce as well as food stuffs from the best organic farms from around the world.

In many ways, I find the local organic produce superior in taste, feel, appearance, texture and health-giving properties than the foreign organic foods.

Besides, I find the local animal breeds like cows, goats, etc more benign, more natural, more soothing to look at and their milk better tasting and more beneficial than the animals and dairy that I have seen and tasted abroad and which are available in the specialty stores here.

Is it that the vibes of a place, its ancient culture based on sublime mind-matter teachings and the aura of the people who handle the stuff serve as contributing factors in making me notice these stark differences between local produce, local animals and local dairy and their foreign counterparts?- I think so.

I prefer staying and eating food at a simple villagers house than in any of the 5 star hotels in India and abroad - many villagers here use organic principles a lot in their every day life and they mostly live in lush green surroundings in clean houses where the emphasis is on soothing traditions, hygiene, respect for elders, eugenic practices sans incest/inbreeding/hypogamy, and loving and harmonious family atmosphere where divorce, pre-marital/extra-marital sex and provocative dressing are shunned. They make use of very little plastic and use a lot of traditional materials like earthen/copper jars to store water, bronze plates for eating, bio-gas for cooking, etc.

These fundamental differences are very clear to my consciousness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

The CAMBRIAN EXPLOSION is the Big Bang of Biology - in a relatively short time span, the major phyla emerged fully formed. Could this indicate what I have been saying all along - that life forms are graded materializations of typal principles that inhere in the universal conscious energy fields? Otherwise, how does one explain the short time period of the Cambrian Explosion during which the major phyla emerged fully formed? Evolutionary forces of the epigenetic kind have shaped how these phyla showed variations since the Cambrian Explosion as each species sought to manifest its intrinsic sentient and material potential that has resulted in the kind of living creatures that we see now everywhere around us and which includes man. All scientific talk of how sentience arose from insentient matter and of how all the lifeforms evolved from a single sentient cell over billions of years by gene variation and natural selection are in most ways paradoxical and illogical.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Certified organic in the US is much more complicated and comprehensive. See http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/ams.fetchTemp...

Thats said, the organic paradigm has some serious flaws, the most most obvious being its ideological rigidity against pesticides.
A better approach (in my opinion) which is is also more science based is Integrated Pest Management - which allows a limited amount of pesticide usage provided that there is scouting and monitoring beforehand, and the setting up of pest tolerance levels before pesticide usage.

The IPM movement by far has resulted in a MUCH larger decrease in the use of pesticides worldwide than the organic movement

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/ipm....

What is IPM?
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an effective and environmentally sensitive approach to pest management that relies on a combination of common-sense practices. IPM programs use current, comprehensive information on the life cycles of pests and their interaction with the environment. This information, in combination with available pest control methods, is used to manage pest damage by the most economical means, and with the least possible hazard to people, property, and the environment.
The IPM approach can be applied to both agricultural and non-agricultural settings, such as the home, garden, and workplace. IPM takes advantage of all appropriate pest management options including, but not limited to, the judicious use of pesticides. In contrast, organic food production applies many of the same concepts as IPM but limits the use of pesticides to those that are produced from natural sources, as opposed to synthetic chemicals.
Top of page

How do IPM programs work?

IPM is not a single pest control method but, rather, a series of pest management evaluations, decisions and controls. In practicing IPM, growers who are aware of the potential for pest infestation follow a four-tiered approach. The four steps include:

Set Action Thresholds
Before taking any pest control action, IPM first sets an action threshold, a point at which pest populations or environmental conditions indicate that pest control action must be taken. Sighting a single pest does not always mean control is needed. The level at which pests will either become an economic threat is critical to guide future pest control decisions.

Monitor and Identify Pests
Not all insects, weeds, and other living organisms require control. Many organisms are innocuous, and some are even beneficial. IPM programs work to monitor for pests and identify them accurately, so that appropriate control decisions can be made in conjunction with action thresholds. This monitoring and identification removes the possibility that pesticides will be used when they are not really needed or that the wrong kind of pesticide will be used.

Prevention
As a first line of pest control, IPM programs work to manage the crop, lawn, or indoor space to prevent pests from becoming a threat. In an agricultural crop, this may mean using cultural methods, such as rotating between different crops, selecting pest-resistant varieties, and planting pest-free rootstock. These control methods can be very effective and cost-efficient and present little to no risk to people or the environment.

Control
Once monitoring, identification, and action thresholds indicate that pest control is required, and preventive methods are no longer effective or available, IPM programs then evaluate the proper control method both for effectiveness and risk. Effective, less risky pest controls are chosen first, including highly targeted chemicals, such as pheromones to disrupt pest mating, or mechanical control, such as trapping or weeding. If further monitoring, identifications and action thresholds indicate that less risky controls are not working, then additional pest control methods would be employed, such as targeted spraying of pesticides. Broadcast spraying of non-specific pesticides is a last resort.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Infowars.com is a news site just like msnbc.com
except Alex Jones doesn't alter video footage like Rachel Maddow
"news" site?

Come on.

Wake up - all you are doing is making the guy more rich. Dobt be a lemming.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you don't know any more about gardening than you do about Judaism.
Allow me to "educate" you. Hybrids and Heirlooms are both cross-pollinated and are produced exactly in the same manner, natural cross-pollination of like species.
The term hybrids is normally applied to commercially produced seeds that are often sterile in the next generation, rendering the seed unusable for replanting. Commercial hybrids are bred specifically to produce uniform results and disease resistance. This allows farmers and gardeners to get consistent results and not have to put such an emphasis on rotating planting areas. The sterility of the seeds is also a commercial benefit because the gardener must continuously purchase new seed. However, breeding for taste and appearance are not a priority as they don't really effect commercial viability.
Heirloom seeds are also commercially cross-pollinated (although many gardeners do it as a hobby) and are typically not sterile so the seeds can be reused over several generations. The goal of heirloom cross breeding is to improve taste and appearance (I have raised chocolate brown tomatoes for example) with less emphasis on uniformity or disease resistance. I was successfully able to raise tomatoes in hot, humid Singapore (hard to do) by using heirlooms developed for growth in the deep South and Hawaii.
I was going to ask how you garden in Singapore. My stereotype of your island nation is that you live on the 20th floor of a high rise, and that the only green space for gardening is way out on the periphery. And that you are too far for Burpee.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

typo

THAT the US guidelines haven't a clue about

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to ask how you garden in Singapore. My stereotype of your island nation is that you live on the 20th floor of a high rise, and that the only green space for gardening is way out on the periphery. And that you are too far for Burpee.
I live in what they call locally a "semi-d". Which is one of two townhouses with a common wall. Each of us has a driveway, carport and a garden area. Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and other non-tropical plants need to be covered with shadecloth to keep them from overheating. The high humidity means everything needs to be treated with anti-fungals.

I did live in a highrise for a while. I tried growing tomatoes and lettuce on the balcony, but it took me a while to get the right seed, light, soil combination to grow tropical tomatoes.

Thai basil, on the the other hand, thrives here and I grow potatoes in straw-filled tubs. Because of my limited space, I only grow things that I eat right away and buy the foods I could normally can.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
To provide you with an example of ideological rigidity (and its impractical consequences) that you might appreciate:

In my state of Connecticut, they passed a law recently banning the use of Phosphorus fertilizers on lawn for most cases. Nutrient loading of the Long Island Sound and dead zones is a big deal here, and they are trying to reduce this.

So lawn care products with P are generally not available anymore.

However, it turns out that since compost has high Phosphorus levels, by law, compost is now banned from lawns as well (not that most people know this)

Banning of compost on lawns is collateral damage to the emerging Organic Lawn Care industry which relies on compost applications. A lot of landscaping businesses went organic over the last few years and now their practices are technically illegal under the new law to ban fertilizers.

Ironically, I can understand the ban, as it doesnt matter what the source of P is, it all affects the plantlife the same way. Plants dont really care if their source of P is synthetic or organic, they incorporate the P as inorganic regardless.

However, organic sources of P are generally more environmentally friendly due to the slow time it takes to convert the P to inorganic.

I dont think the intent of the law was to put organic lawn care landscapers out of business.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

ABNORMAL HUMAN TYPES, FOOD & DISEASES:

I prefer that abnormal human types - offspring of incest, inbreeding, hypogamy, demon-worshippers, possessed people, fanatics, persons with serious personality defects and persons with mental/physical diseases - stay away from food growing, cooking and serving food as there are damaging transferable effects in the process that people do not perceive through their ordinary consciousness and of which crass materialistic science has not a clue about but these harmful effects due to transfer of unbalanced and perverse energy vibes from people to food and from the food into the consumers are easily observed through the subtle vision. Many mind-body diseases get transferred in this manner. More research by scientists engaged in cutting edge mind-matter research is needed on this subject. I eat out a lot and am damaged in many ways for precisely the above reasons that I can perceive through my subtle consciousness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

I'll be damaged in mind, emotions and body if I consume food and drink offered by an abnormal human type like dear Hugh. So sorry to say this but what I have said about dear Hugh is 100% true to me given dear Hugh's perverse vibes and abnormal family gene pool. I can say the same about most other posters, here but one prominent example will suffice.....

(smiles)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Plants don't really care if their source of P is synthetic or organic, they incorporate the P as inorganic regardless.
How do you know? Is it because the compounded form is the same?

This is mere chemistry but what about the effects at a deeper level of sentience in the plants that get loaded with synthetic chemicals?

I think there's a difference....

There are several examples to show you that artificial materials are not the same as living materials/tissues despite both having the same structural and chemical composition that gets incorporated into living systems...

I am going much deeper into root vibrational levels and core sentient responses than chemistry or medical science can ever go and because of this ignorance about the deeper mind-matter connections that prevail in scientific communities any nonsense is propagated with harmful effects and no wonder most people in the world are ill or unbalanced or dysfunctional at a deeper level with visible manifestations in behavior and body....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in what they call locally a "semi-d". Which is one of two townhouses with a common wall. Each of us has a driveway, carport and a garden area. Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and other non-tropical plants need to be covered with shadecloth to keep them from overheating. The high humidity means everything needs to be treated with anti-fungals.
I did live in a highrise for a while. I tried growing tomatoes and lettuce on the balcony, but it took me a while to get the right seed, light, soil combination to grow tropical tomatoes.
Thai basil, on the the other hand, thrives here and I grow potatoes in straw-filled tubs. Because of my limited space, I only grow things that I eat right away and buy the foods I could normally can.
In the US we call your housing either townhouse or multifamily.

Being fungicide free in any climate is challenging, and virtually impossible for most crops susceptible to fungi. This is an issue in Apple trees as well. I never bothered with the fungicides or with hygiene (i.e. grooming the infected leaves and disposing them). What survives, survives, and some years are better than others. Of course this is just a hobby tree, so I have this luxury.

Have you ever grown bananas?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
I'll be damaged in mind, emotions and body if I consume food and drink offered by an abnormal human type like dear Hugh.
Why the worry?

By your own admittance you are already damaged in mind, emotions and body.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
This is mere chemistry but what about the effects at a deeper level of sentience in the plants that get loaded with synthetic chemicals?
There are several examples to show you that artificial materials are not the same as living materials/tissues despite both having the same structural and chemical composition that gets incorporated into living systems...
I am going much deeper into root vibrational levels and core sentient responses than chemistry or medical science can ever go and because of this ignorance about the deeper mind-matter connections that prevail in scientific communities any nonsense is propagated with harmful effects and no wonder most people in the world are ill or unbalanced or dysfunctional at a deeper level with visible manifestations in behavior and body....
This is basic agronomy.

There have been zillions of studies. P is incorporated in inorganic form in most cases (ironically tropical ecosystems are one of the exceptions - as most of the inorganic P is somewhat locked in the soil so the plants sometimes do have mechanisms to incorporate organic).

I am not going to argue with personal mind experiences. I am just giving you the science. Which from a practical perspective has fed more people than naval gazing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

By your own admittance you are already damaged in mind, emotions and body.
Yes, given the super-sensitivity of my nervous system, I have been damaged and am being damaged by dealing with perverse humans back here in Mumbai and by my contacts with abnormal human types online but because I know about these finer mind-matter aspects as a matter of direct perception, I simply wish to make public the processes involved based on inter-connected paradigms and nonlocal phenomena and the damaging consequences of the same so that posters can know about this subtle aspect of life that they may have not heard about or have no direct experience with...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cfc.umt.edu/biogeochemistry/Pdfs/R...

go to p 348

I admit - and you are totally correct in questioning me - that I forgot that tropical climates (soils) are different than temperate climates (soils) with regard to nutrient availability. Where I live, P is the enemy, while where you live, you want P.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

This is basic agronomy.

There have been zillions of studies. P is incorporated in inorganic form in most cases (ironically tropical ecosystems are one of the exceptions - as most of the inorganic P is somewhat locked in the soil so the plants sometimes do have mechanisms to incorporate organic).
I know the chemistry involved - in fact, I would know and understand far more about the chemistry part than you would for known reasons - but I am more concerned about the adverse effects of incorporating artificial elements/compounds into living systems...

I can give you plenty of examples from the fields of nutrition, medicine and surgery that're damaging and unbalancing people in mind-body due to the ignorance of deeper effects of artificial substances and harmful frequencies of EM radiations by our scientific experts...

If I enter a mind-matter lab, I can prove many things using my incisive knowledge gained through logic and yogic insights but then Dean Radin, Tom Campbell and other so-called leading mind-matter experts would get jealous of me and of the high success rate of my novel experimental work and would then begin pulling me down due to the the precise co-relations that my experiments and interpretations would bring into the picture...

If you want to stay healthy in mind, emotions and body, one way is to weed out synthetics from your diet since these adversely react with sentient systems at a deeper level that affect mind-body functioning....

Most people in the world are ill or unbalanced in mind, emotions and body for precisely this reason aside from other factors...

All talk about simply feeding people is so pedestrian - if you wish to feed people slaughter tens of millions of bulls, pigs, crows, jackals, rats, human beings, snakes and the like and you'll get a population of high protein types with varying levels of mind-body problems....

What we need to understand is the comprehensive effect of food at the gross and subtle levels of matter and sentience - this would be holistic and more helpful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) 1 hr New in Town 25
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Tue Insect Trust 4
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Aug 19 You too should 9
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Aug 2 Shantane 44
Review: High Country Collision Specialist Jul 24 Jeff 1
Hall retires from magistrate judge post (Dec '10) Jul 22 Jim Spainhower 9
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn Jul '14 mar bear 2

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
•••
•••