Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,709)

Showing posts 54,161 - 54,180 of68,086
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Humo,

Where are you, Mon?

(smiles)
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats more an insight to your inner psychology than an objective accounting of reality
Really now, you are claiming that people accept government ruling over them by choice?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

A person is good when his genes are sound and are supported by lofty environmental impulses.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Some can, some can't.
Those who would be moral and respectful of others will, under normal conditions, most likely be moral and respectful with or without religion and, most likely, with or without Government.
Those who would NOT be moral and respectful of others under normal conditions, will most likely still NOT be moral and respecful with religion or Government, BUT, with government, they will be physically dissuaded from causing harm to others.
Government should be there to prevent those who can't be moral or ethical from hurting those who can.
e.g.
When people line up outside of Walmart for a Black Friday deal, tell me what happens when rules and security are lax.
So people need government through force to be moral and ethical but people dont need religion.

Would you agree that some people need religion?

Isn't it a religios principle in general to not harm others?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

India's coastal south-eastern states, Odisha and Andhra Pradesh, brace for a super-cyclone named Phailin that's presently centered some 300 km off the coast in the Bay of Bengal with wind speeds reaching 315 kmph. Landfall expected by Saturday evening. If the intensity doesn't weaken, it's gonna be a major disaster in terms of mass destruction of life and property. It's raining in Mumbai.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Isn't it a religious principle in general to not harm others?
Most religions except Buddhism and Jainism teach their followers to deride, fight and harm the followers of other faiths.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
straw position
No one here has stated that government is necessary to provide morality or ethics.
But government supports morality and ethics through laws , rules and regulation.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. At a minimum, they are there to provide protection "from aggression, theft, breach of contract, and fraud" [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Minarchism]. That is indisputable to any sane person.
All of the rest of the services that Government offers is up for fair discussion. As a progressive, I happen to think there is more they can offer. Libertarians, naturally, feel differently.
I dont have a problem with what they offer but how they offer it, they wouldn't have to point a gun if people willingly accepted their services.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

But government supports morality and ethics through laws , rules and regulation.
provided the laws, rules and regulations are moral and ethical and provided they are implemented.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist needs a brain transplant - and he needs it fast. LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Hugh,

Would you like to visit a BREASTAURANT where voluptuous young waitresses serve a lot of steaks and mashed potatoes with a generous view of their exposed breasts?

(grins)
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Voluntarist needs a brain transplant - and he needs it fast. LOL.
Since you have been seeing medical doctors lately ill take yours after they end up killing you, like they do in the US after they empty your bank account.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
So people need government through force to be moral and ethical but people dont need religion.
Complete opposite of what I said. I said moral people will be moral with or without religion and government, and immoral people will be immoral with or without religion and government, but Government is necessary to prevent the immoral from hurting others.
Voluntarist wrote:
Would you agree that some people need religion?
Some people are comforted by it, but they certainly don't need it to be moral.
Voluntarist wrote:
Isn't it a religios principle in general to not harm others?
Not every religion. Some actively preach violence against others, particularly non-believers. I would say its a fundamental human principle, and since religion is a human construct, it sometimes carries that principle forward. But again, religion is not required. You should also note that there are many concepts preached in the Bible that any sane person today would consider immoral.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Since you have been seeing medical doctors lately ill take yours after they end up killing you, like they do in the US after they empty your bank account.
Please, don't jump to rash conclusions and never generalize.

My case is very different and cannot be understood by the ordinary mind who sees disease and deficiency in everything.

My doctors will kill me? LOL.

Why this hatred of the medical fraternity?

My doctors know me since I was born and are highly respected and famous medical experts. They love me and want the best for me.

BTW, I "know" through the yogic consciousness that I'll leave my body (die) at age 79 provided a violent adverse force attack does not shorten my life.

So, if everything works out well for me, I'll live till 79. That's a long way off.

If tomorrow you need a blood transfusion, where will you go? To your naturopath? LOL.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont have a problem with what they offer but how they offer it, they wouldn't have to point a gun if people willingly accepted their services.
Lay off the hyperbole. When was the last time a government agent pointed a gun to your head, and why?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete opposite of what I said. I said moral people will be moral with or without religion and government, and immoral people will be immoral with or without religion and government, but Government is necessary to prevent the immoral from hurting others.
<quoted text>
Some people are comforted by it, but they certainly don't need it to be moral.
<quoted text>
Not every religion. Some actively preach violence against others, particularly non-believers. I would say its a fundamental human principle, and since religion is a human construct, it sometimes carries that principle forward. But again, religion is not required. You should also note that there are many concepts preached in the Bible that any sane person today would consider immoral.
So the main purpose of government is to protect individuals from others, why should government have the monopoly on that?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off the hyperbole. When was the last time a government agent pointed a gun to your head, and why?
Pulled over on the side of the road demanding papers
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
If you dont pay them what do they do?

Are you disagreeing that relationship with government is an involuntary one?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh,
Would you like to visit a BREASTAURANT where voluptuous young waitresses serve a lot of steaks and mashed potatoes with a generous view of their exposed breasts?
(grins)
Joel---Would you like to visit a BREASTAURANT where voluptuous young waitresses serve a lot of steaks and mashed potatoes with a generous view of their exposed breasts?

Hugh--- Hands down, I would want them to serve FISH with the mashed potatoes. So YES to your question.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric is very low down the intelligence scale and lacks class and has very little decency.
He's also a born fanatic and a rabid Zionist - a foul subhuman type.
But, what Eric fails to understand is that in an open debate his arguments will easily be blown to bits and all his cult beliefs exposed as sheer nonsense and his talk about future Messiah shown as bullshit in view of the evolutionary movement of nature and being.
Yes, one should interact with all kinds of people - refined, unclassy, genetically normal, eugenically abnormal, possessed, un-possessed, straight, gay, bisexual, intelligent, pseudo-intellectual, theistic, atheistic, mystical, wealthy, poor, educated, illiterate, moral, immoral, fanatical, sensual, decent, tribal and crass.
Though unity in variety is the universal law, it does not mean that everyone and/or everything is on an equal footing.
It's a hierarchy with each element occupying a place on the ladder depending on its worth.
Talk to Eric more on secular matters but don't encourage talk on his observant Jewish bull shit.
Treat him like an out-caste fit to be derided and laughed at considering what he is - a filthy, brainless, fanatical rat of perverse genetic makeup.
To put it bluntly - Eric is not fit to polish my shoes.
Anyway, let the riff raff do as he pleases since nothing is gonna change him....he's in self-destructive mode. LOL.
Joel---Eric ... lacks class and has very little decency.

Hugh--- Perfectly correct

Joel---He's also a born fanatic and a rabid Zionist - a foul subhuman type.

Hugh--- Disagree with the BORN and SUBHUMAN. Everything else seems correct

Joel--But, what Eric fails to understand is that in an open debate his arguments will easily be blown to bits and all his cult beliefs exposed as sheer nonsense and his talk about future Messiah shown as bullshit in view of the evolutionary movement of nature and being.

Hugh--- Blown to bits because he lacks intelligence plus many of his beliefs are FALSE.

Joel--Talk to Eric more on secular matters but don't encourage talk on his observant Jewish bull shit.

Hugh--- Is he capable?

Joel---Treat him like.. a filthy, brainless, fanatical rat of perverse ...makeup.

Hugh---I have no objection to those observations.

Joel---Anyway, let the riff raff do as he pleases since nothing is gonna change him....he's in self-destructive mode. LOL.

Hugh--- Nothing will change him because he embraces DARKNESS and filth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 54,161 - 54,180 of68,086
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••