Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,698)

Showing posts 53,941 - 53,960 of68,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Go beyond the thesis and the anti-thesis to the synthesis.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Synthesis is the universalization of facts - a movement from the particular to the general.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Bye, have to go out.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
All I said is that if I explain the chemistry processes it would run into pages and involve a detailed explanation of several key concepts accompanied by the math.
All this is way beyond your feeble intellectual capacity and so I am holding back from giving out the explanations concerning citrate versus citric acid, oxidation state versus valence and nature of arsenic.
In the past during one of our chemistry debates, you knew nothing about oxidation state and once when I typed out a lengthy page of mathematical statements in support of redox potential of electrochemical cells you understood nothing and wanted me to explain that topic to you without the math and I replied saying that it would dilute the concept.
So, I am not going into the details and besides I am not interested.
Idiot, this is ALL YOU NEEDED TO SAY

A citrate is a derivative of citric acid, the conjugate base.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

And for the second issue. This is all you needed to say:

Arsenate (the oxidized form) and arsenite (the reduced form) are both toxic to humans. However, they can be converted to organic forms through bacteria and rendered less harmful.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Synthesis is the universalization of facts - a movement from the particular to the general.
But yet you have no clue how to do this
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

#1 The Obama administration is doing all it can to keep
Americans from even getting a glimpse of Mount Rushmore, but
Barack Obama’s chefs have been deemed “essential” and are still
preparing his meals .
#2 Small businesses cannot get loans, but the exclusive gyms that
are only for members of Congress have been deemed “essential”
andremain open .
#3 The National Mall has been closed to the public , but it will be
opened for a huge pro-immigration rally being held by Obama
supporters.
#4 Last chance cancer treatments for children with cancer have
been suspended, but the IRS continues to collect taxes from us.
#5 The NIH has stopped therapy dogs from visiting sick children,
but Obama and Congress are still getting paid.
#6 The USDA website has been shut down, but Michelle
Obama’s Let’s Move website is still operating.
#7 A runner has been fined $100 for jogging through Valley Forge
National Historical Park, but the military golf course that Obama
uses regularly is still open .
#8 The Obama administration has shut down the Grand Canyon,
but the new two billion dollar NSA spy center is still spying on all
of us .
#9 The federal government has forced an elderly couple out of
their home on Lake Mead during this shutdown, but the
operations of the Federal Reserve have not been affected at all.
#10 In South Carolina, the Obama administration is actually using
Park Service rangers to keep people away from a privately-owned
hotel.
#11 In Tennessee, the feds have totally shut down the Foothills
Parkway, a major thoroughfare that runs through Blount County.
At this point the feds are not even letting people visit the graves of
their dead relatives.
#12 The Obama administration has actually removed all of the
well pumps along a 184 mile trail that goes from Washington D.C.
to Pittsburgh just so that anyone that decides to use the trail will
not be able to get any water to drink.
#13 The Obama administration is actually attempting to
close 1,100 square miles of ocean off of the coast of Florida. It is
going to take a tremendous amount of time, money and energy to
keep fishing boats out of that area.
#14 According to one news report,“Gestapo tactics” were used
against one tour group made up mostly of senior citizens at
Yellowstone National Park…
Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to
showcase some of America’s greatest treasures.
Instead, the Salisbury resident said she and others on her tour bus
witnessed an ugly spectacle that made her embarrassed, angry and
heartbroken for her country.
Vaillancourt was one of thousands of people who found
themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown
went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which
included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and
the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park
hotel under armed guard.
The tourists were treated harshly by armed park employees, she
said, so much so that some of the foreign tourists with limited
English skills thought they were under arrest.
When finally allowed to leave, the bus was not allowed to halt at
all along the 2.5-hour trip out of the park, not even to stop at
private bathrooms that were open along the route.
#15 Of course one of the most disturbing abuses of power is how
the Obama administration is using barricades and guards to keep
military veterans away from open air memorials such as the
World War II Memorial, the Vietnam War Memorial and the Iwo
Jima Memorial that are normally open to the public 24 hours a
day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

More disturbing is why the Repubs are holding the nation hostage.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
More disturbing is why the Repubs are holding the nation hostage.
You want to keep borrowing into infinity?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Idiot, this is ALL YOU NEEDED TO SAY

You said something else in your post the first time which implied that citrate is independent of citric acid.

That's just a minor aspect of citrate-citric acid that you've highlighted above....besides, why is citrate a derivative of citric acid? Give the mechanism.

LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
And for the second issue. This is all you needed to say:
Arsenate (the oxidized form) and arsenite (the reduced form) are both toxic to humans. However, they can be converted to organic forms through bacteria and rendered less harmful.
LOL.

Anyone can make statements.

Provide the rationale with the mechanism supported by Math to illustrate the point which of course is way beyond your ordinary intellect.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Extract below was taken from The New York Times, US Edition.

Note Yosef's lack of INFLUENCE and the first and obvious evidence of this is this article in the New York Times.

OTHER:

1."Under Rabbi Yosef’s leadership, Shas became a MAJOR player in GOVERNING COALITION"

Comment: What is the meaning of MAJOR player?

What is the meaning of GOVERNING COALITION?

Truly he lacked influence outside of his disciples.

2. "Israeli LEADERS of ALL STRIPES made pilgrimages to his home in Jerusalem seeking his SUPPORT."

Comment: Why would Israeli leaders of ALL STRIPES go to Yosef's home for his SUPPORT?

My guess is because Yosef was a FRINGE element. What is your guess?

3. "He wrote Talmudic commentaries and volumes of answers, known as responsa, to questions on religious law."

Comment: Yosef's commentaries were only read by his disciples.

4.“The Jewish people have lost one of the wisest men of this generation,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel said Monday.

Comment: Let me correct the Prime Minister. It should have been the ISRAELI people and NOT the Jewish people. His error make it seems that Yosef was a somebody to other Jews outside of Israel.

5. President Shimon Peres said he had been at the rabbi’s bedside hours before his death.“When I pressed his hand, I felt I was touching HISTORY,” Mr. Peres said,“and when I kissed his head, it was as though I kissed the very greatness of Israel.”

Comment: It seems to me that these Israeli leaders are ALL DUNCES so allow me to correct this other DUNCE i.e. the President of Israel. The President should have said Sephardic Israeli HISTORY. The omission of the words "Sephardic Israeli" give a FALSE impression as to the IMPORTANCE of Yosef outside of his followers.

6. Rabbi Yosef’s weekly sermons, delivered on Saturday nights after the Sabbath, were broadcast by satellite to WIDE audiences and, in the last few years, uploaded to YouTube.... the rabbi’s platform for lashing out against those he despised — rival politicians, GAY PEOPLE and perceived enemies of Israel.

Comment: My guess is that the WIDE audiences were ONLY his followers.

The rabbi was also HOMOPHOBIC. Shame on you Yosef. You should have embraced the warm "LOVE" of a homosexual and then you would have a true understanding of life and RIGHTEOUSNESS.

7. So we have coverage by the New York Times, ABC and I may be wrong but I believe that I got the other quote from CNN.

I rest my case about Yosef's lack of INFLUENCE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

But yet you have no clue how to do this
If what you say is true about me then how did I overcome sleep and the sex urge?

Overcoming sleep and the sex urge are difficult tasks and one has to enter into a force that's beyond the opposites and cause that to descend into the mind, vital, body and subconscient.

Avraham, Moshe, Elijah, Rama, Jesus and many other so-called greats had not overcome sleep, sex and other bodily needs since they dwelt on an inferior plane of consciousness-energy - the vital.

I have overcome sleep and sex and and besides where insights into the mind-matter matrix are concerned I know much more than all of them put together and so the abovenamed patriarchs/prophets are unfit to tie my shoelaces.

The true synthesis of the opposites begins from the supramental range of consciousness-energy....

Now, those idiotic patriarchs from the evil Tanach were stuck on the level of the anti-thesis (the negative aspect of existence which is the adverse aspect of the lowly vital range of consciousness-energy).

ha ha ha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to keep borrowing into infinity?
Yes, I have no problem with that. Govt is not a business.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Is the citrate or the citric acid a conjugate base?

What is a conjugate base and explain in detail, showing calculations if need be, why either the citrate or the citric acid is a conjugate base?

(smiles in advance)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You said something else in your post the first time which implied that citrate is independent of citric acid.
That's just a minor aspect of citrate-citric acid that you've highlighted above....besides, why is citrate a derivative of citric acid? Give the mechanism.
LOL.
No I did not. I said that lemons are high in acid (form), while citrate is prescribed by doctors.

You dont read carefully enough. I cant help you there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Doofus,

for the HUNDREDTH time, your earliest of diatribes accused Jews worldwide of following this guy. Several of the posters here, including me, indicated otherwise.

You then retreated and spent and inordinate amount of time proving that he had influence in Israel, nothing any of us here ever contested, initially or later.

Basically, as usual, you are wasting everyone's time arguing an argument with yourself. I believe that is called tilting at windmills. It would be cute if you weren't such a hateful zealot

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you say is true about me then how did I overcome sleep and the sex urge?
I dont know why you are sharing this with me. All I commented is that you were incapable of synthesizing or summarizing your thoughts concisely.

Our little exchange regarding citrate/citric acid was what I was referring to.

No need to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Arsenate (the oxidized form) and arsenite (the reduced form) are both toxic to humans.
Write down the redox equation for the conversion of arsenate to arsenite showing all the working steps.

Balance the equation using ion-electron method.

(smiles)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Note Yosef's lack of INFLUENCE and the first and obvious evidence of this is this article in the New York Times.
OTHER:
1."Under Rabbi Yosef’s leadership, Shas became a MAJOR player in GOVERNING COALITION"
Comment: What is the meaning of MAJOR player?
What is the meaning of GOVERNING COALITION?
Truly he lacked influence outside of his disciples.
2. "Israeli LEADERS of ALL STRIPES made pilgrimages to his home in Jerusalem seeking his SUPPORT."
Comment: Why would Israeli leaders of ALL STRIPES go to Yosef's home for his SUPPORT?
My guess is because Yosef was a FRINGE element. What is your guess?
3. "He wrote Talmudic commentaries and volumes of answers, known as responsa, to questions on religious law."
Comment: Yosef's commentaries were only read by his disciples.
4.“The Jewish people have lost one of the wisest men of this generation,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel said Monday.
Comment: Let me correct the Prime Minister. It should have been the ISRAELI people and NOT the Jewish people. His error make it seems that Yosef was a somebody to other Jews outside of Israel.
5. President Shimon Peres said he had been at the rabbi’s bedside hours before his death.“When I pressed his hand, I felt I was touching HISTORY,” Mr. Peres said,“and when I kissed his head, it was as though I kissed the very greatness of Israel.”
Comment: It seems to me that these Israeli leaders are ALL DUNCES so allow me to correct this other DUNCE i.e. the President of Israel. The President should have said Sephardic Israeli HISTORY. The omission of the words "Sephardic Israeli" give a FALSE impression as to the IMPORTANCE of Yosef outside of his followers.
6. Rabbi Yosef’s weekly sermons, delivered on Saturday nights after the Sabbath, were broadcast by satellite to WIDE audiences and, in the last few years, uploaded to YouTube.... the rabbi’s platform for lashing out against those he despised — rival politicians, GAY PEOPLE and perceived enemies of Israel.
Comment: My guess is that the WIDE audiences were ONLY his followers.
The rabbi was also HOMOPHOBIC. Shame on you Yosef. You should have embraced the warm "LOVE" of a homosexual and then you would have a true understanding of life and RIGHTEOUSNESS.
7. So we have coverage by the New York Times, ABC and I may be wrong but I believe that I got the other quote from CNN.
I rest my case about Yosef's lack of INFLUENCE.
From wiki ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Helms :

Jesse Alexander Helms, Jr - A LEADING conservative, he helped organize and fund the conservative resurgence in the 1970s, aiding Ronald Reagan's quest for the White House and helping MANY local and regional candidates.

Helms was the LONGEST-serving POPULARLY elected Senator in North Carolina's history

As long-time chairman of the POWERFUL Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he demanded a staunchly anti-communist foreign policy that would reward America's friends abroad

Helms was well known for his strong religious views.[275] He played a LEADING role in the development of the Christian right,[274] and was a FOUNDING MEMBER of the Moral Majority in 1979

Excerpt from the book "Righteous Warrior: Jesse Helms and the Rise of Modern Conservatism" - In Righteous Warrior, William A. Link provides a magisterial portrait of Senator Jesse Helms, one of the MOST COMMANDING American politicians of the late twentieth century

Yes, but according to Hugh, this man was a nobody. Certainly not worthy of criticism over his position on civil rights and religious bigotry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 53,941 - 53,960 of68,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••