Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,694)

Showing posts 53,861 - 53,880 of68,158
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, I recommend staying away from Lululemon Yoga pants...
http://nypost.com/2013/10/01/lululemons-sheer...
I don't do yoga. I run. Which will ultimately allow me to survive the future zombie apocalypse.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do yoga. I run. Which will ultimately allow me to survive the future zombie apocalypse.
Which will ultimately kill you faster because you lose more nutrition through extreme physical exertion.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Intelligence is the ability to learn and more so it is a reflection of how much knowledge one has.
A most pathetic definition of intelligence.

Expected.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Take IQ tests, it is true to say that some require you to THINK but to a large extent they are a test of KNOWLEDGE. You either KNOW or you do NOT know.
Hardly any thinking required in an IQ test. It's based working out questions based on set patterns. The more you familiarize yourself with the pattern of an IQ test and the more you practice the better will be your score. Besides, the questions are mostly of a superficial kind.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a year plus bipartisan discussion of ACA before it was voted on. I dont think anyone seriously proposed a radical restructuring of the system.
Interestingly enough, the CEO of yours and my local hospital HAS advocated for that. Moving away from pay for service too - not sure what he has in mind.
If you want to eliminate govt involvement you would have to eliminate medicare, medicaid and the rest of the safety net. I think there needs to be a balance, but I agree, the insurance companies are a lot of the problem.
How does your friend get a $1200 premium? I had to try pretty hard on the CT site to get the premium up that high. And I know it doesnt matter to you (hopefully), but one bought of cancer would make $20,000/yr of premiums seem like a bargain. Thats why its called insurance.
Family of 4.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

In terms of Wisdom, it is the ability to THINK and to use the available knowledge to do, say and THINK the correct or best way.
Not really.

Anyway, take care.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You want everyone to go naked. I know I couldn't afford a major medical disaster. What of those who can't even afford that? Will healthcare be reserved for the very wealthy?
What would happen if you couldn't buy a brand new Nissan 350z
Someone will sell you a Nissan versa.

There is growing popularity in going to foreign nations to get operations for 10 cents on the dollar.
That is the free market at work!

Talk about chicken little, you fit the description!
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to remember, that n his deluded mind, most diseases, including cancer, can be treated naturally - hence, no need for expensive medical treatments (what with all that expensive R&D and safety measures). It's a major flaw in his logic.
You brain is flawed if you wouldn't try the naturopathic way first because the track record for healing is better than traditional medicine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

try answering my question for once, instead of being pompous
not impressed
I don't wish to go into details and mechanisms, so please excuse me.

I am not surprised that you goofed up that ordinary bit of chemistry on citrate and citric acid considering your weak foundation in math and science.

As for your question on arsenic, well, once again I don't wish to explain since it'll take me into explanation about the 4 quantum numbers - n, l, m and s, crystal field splitting energy, valence bond theory and then I'll have to explain the nuances of oxidation state which you think you know but you don't - for instance, if I ask you to find the oxidation state of S in the transformation of sodium thiosulfate to sodium tetrathionate in acidic medium showing all the working steps you will not know how to begin. And, if I ask you to contrast that with valence, milliequivalents, moles and ppm you won't know how to proceed.

So, well, I will drop the topic and forget about it for now.

Maybe some other time.

But, I am really not interested.

When I was preparing for the IIT JEE in Grades 9 to 12, I always referred to advanced Chemistry reference books like Morrison and Boyd, Bruce Mahan, Cotton, Sareen and Sareen,- these books are mainly used by university students but students wishing to crack the IIT JEE have to compulsorily refer to these books in detail.

In-depth knowledge of chem or math will hardly take you deep into the nature of the reality nor will it make one a better person.

Ok, then, best regards.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
From the American company ABC site---
"Yosef wielded influence over ALL Israelis."
ALL is a PRETTY SMALL number of persons. I wonder what number and percentage are left after the ALL is taken away.
Over all ISRAELIS. Get it ISRAELIS. Not Jews as a whole. Not American Jews. Not Jews worldwide. ISRAELIS

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You brain is flawed if you wouldn't try the naturopathic way first because the track record for healing is better than traditional medicine.
Naturopathy has its place. Alternative medicine has its place. I regularly see a body worker (LMT) who specializes in energy work, mainly cranial sacral. I also receive accupuncture a few times a year. But the key is that this is complementary to regular medicine. To do only alternative is nuts, and potentially harmful.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wish to go into details and mechanisms, so please excuse me.
I am not surprised that you goofed up that ordinary bit of chemistry on citrate and citric acid considering your weak foundation in math and science.
As for your question on arsenic, well, once again I don't wish to explain since it'll take me into explanation about the 4 quantum numbers - n, l, m and s, crystal field splitting energy, valence bond theory and then I'll have to explain the nuances of oxidation state which you think you know but you don't - for instance, if I ask you to find the oxidation state of S in the transformation of sodium thiosulfate to sodium tetrathionate in acidic medium showing all the working steps you will not know how to begin. And, if I ask you to contrast that with valence, milliequivalents, moles and ppm you won't know how to proceed.
So, well, I will drop the topic and forget about it for now.
Maybe some other time.
But, I am really not interested.
When I was preparing for the IIT JEE in Grades 9 to 12, I always referred to advanced Chemistry reference books like Morrison and Boyd, Bruce Mahan, Cotton, Sareen and Sareen,- these books are mainly used by university students but students wishing to crack the IIT JEE have to compulsorily refer to these books in detail.
In-depth knowledge of chem or math will hardly take you deep into the nature of the reality nor will it make one a better person.
Ok, then, best regards.
BOth questions, not that I expected an answer, could easily be answered in a single sentence a piece.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Over all ISRAELIS. Get it ISRAELIS. Not Jews as a whole. Not American Jews. Not Jews worldwide. ISRAELIS
Oh he gets it. We've been saying this for 5 days and lots of pages.

Its his mission to be irascible to the thinking public.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood. I'm not adverse to natural remedies, provided there is hard, scientific evidence backing it up. The following chart shows those which hold promise.

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/sn...

For natural "remedies" for which there is scant evidence of efficacy, you're taking a gamble with your health and will likely achieve negative results.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Family of 4.
I just imputed family of 4, two parents aged 45, and 2 children aged 8 and 17.

They gave me 16 plans to compare.

I couldnt get into the $1200 range until I hit the Silver plans. MOst of the plans were in the $900 range. Which is competitive with my private insurance plan (though I admit I dont know all the details.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

BOth questions, not that I expected an answer, could easily be answered in a single sentence a piece.
A single sentence answer? What?

That would be too superficial.

If I answer the questions on citrate versus citric acid and the one on oxidation state (of arsenic), the details will stretch to at least 2 pages and will involve in-depth concepts and calculations and I don't wish to type out all the numerous details.

Not now at least when I have a fever and am feeling a bit dizzy.

Take care.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he gets it. We've been saying this for 5 days and lots of pages.
Its his mission to be irascible to the thinking public.
Typical Hugh. Getting caught up in a web of deception of his own making, and then continuing to squirm until the original point is so obfuscated, everyone just gives up on him and he considers it a victory.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood. I'm not adverse to natural remedies, provided there is hard, scientific evidence backing it up. The following chart shows those which hold promise.
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/sn...
For natural "remedies" for which there is scant evidence of efficacy, you're taking a gamble with your health and will likely achieve negative results.
My take on alt medicine is that often they at least give you enough time and space to fully discuss your problem. Allopathic (modern) medicine is always in a hurry. However, all the time in the world doesnt help if they dont solve your problem.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Note what the ABC report says. Understanding the report is as easy as ABC.
"Sephardic Jews make up roughly HALF of Israel's Jewish population"
Again, "Sephardic Jews make up roughly HALF of Israel's Jewish population"
This statement is incorrect. There are between 1.1 million and 1.5 million Sephardi in Israel. There are 5.75 million Jews in Israel. That's 19%- 26%.

You only get the 50% by adding the Mizrahim.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

NATUROPATHY, DIET AND PERSONALITY DEFECTS:

One usually needs naturopathy when one eats a predominantly non-vegetarian diet or is heavily into junk foods and when one has serious personality defects like high amplitude anger which upsets the mind-body balance and lowers the immunity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 53,861 - 53,880 of68,158
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••