Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,270
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#59663 Oct 7, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
(NaturalNews) Obamacare is going to crash
and burn from technical issues more than
political concerns, it seems. You've probably
already heard that virtually no one can sign
up using the online Obamacare exchanges.
Virtually no one?

Please share your stats

Everything I have read is that they were overwhelmed by the demand. Which flies in the face of the tea party argument.
Voluntarist

United States

#59664 Oct 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Driving a car surely is.
Using the emergency room sure is.
You are a day late and dollar short on your concerns. It all boils down to the fact you live in a society. This isnt Ayn Rand. Nor is this China. We like to not be poisoned by our foods.
What's a society?

Driving a motor vehicle is a privilege, traveling in a car is not a regulated privilege.
Voluntarist

United States

#59665 Oct 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one of three arguments argued by the Government. http://www.supremecourt.gov/docket/PDFs/11-39...
I don't have to read it, it was argued under the taxing powers.
You as an attorney believe that the government is morally and legally correct to force someone to buy a good or service?
Voluntarist

United States

#59666 Oct 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Virtually no one?
Please share your stats
Everything I have read is that they were overwhelmed by the demand. Which flies in the face of the tea party argument.
You think putting a gun to people's heads is a great way to create demand?
If it was such a great thing people would willingly sign up.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#59667 Oct 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

There is firm evidence that citrate reduces formation.
You're confusing Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) with citric acid....

They are two different compounds....

Understand?

Location hidden

#59668 Oct 7, 2013
I just finished watching a vid featuring a conversation between Dr Richard Dawkins (biologist)and Dr Lawrence Krauss (physicist). Many of their views and analyzes were so naive and incorrect and the sad thing is that the audience comprising academics and students mainly drawn from science disciples were not deep thinkers nor intelligent enough enough to point out all the logical errors committed by the two eminent scientists. Sad.

Location hidden

#59669 Oct 7, 2013
typo

disciplines not disciples

Location hidden

#59671 Oct 7, 2013
CREATION FROM NOTHING....

1) Prof Lawrence Krauss is fond of shocking people by telling them that the universe originated from "nothing" and then he abruptly stops and unless prodded by a question from the audience he reluctantly admits that the qm vacuum is a soup of virtual particles popping in and out of it. Of course, there exist weak and fleeting em waves in this so-called vacuum as well and so in this subtle state, 4-dimensional space-time does not exist and the natural laws of 4-dimensional space-time breakdown as they're exceeded. Most lay people understand "nothing" in the classical sense to mean the total absence of something.

2) In physics, a virtual particle is a transient fluctuation that exhibits many of the characteristics of an ordinary particle, but that exists for a limited time. A virtual particle may be said to be a subtle state of energy/matter that partly exceeds the normal rate of vibration of a real particle and so this explains its exhibition of many transient real particle features.

3) Obviously, such virtual or partial real particles cannot exhibit 4-dimensional spatio-temporal features and only when their rate of vibration reduces to a frequency that is sufficient for them to manifest as real or gross physical particles does the 4-dimensional spatio-temporal universe with its typical features comes into existence.

Location hidden

#59672 Oct 7, 2013
ORIGIN OF LIFE & COMMON ANCESTORS

1) I would hesitate to call the appearance of species an act of chemistry transforming itself into biology or of insentience becoming sentience unless sentience inheres in insentient matter and emerges in successive waves under inner impulses of sentient energies in matter that seek manifestation or materialization. The information gap between insentience and sentience is to vast to be surmounted by mere push and pull forces that lack an aim.

2) Just as our universe emerges from a subtle state which is the so-called qm vacuum as explained above, similarly the origin of life in apparently insentient matter and the subsequent appearance of a range of graded species can be logically seen as an act of evolution from a state of involution.

3) It's logical to accept the common ancestor approach giving rise to different lines of species since different frequencies of energy embedded with different bits of information can merge or fission into several lines with the innate bit of information in each aspect that came from a common ancestor then undergoing several adaptations in response to climate, urges, food needs, inter-breeding, personality traits and the like.

Location hidden

#59674 Oct 7, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You think putting a gun to people's heads is a great way to create demand?
If it was such a great thing people would willingly sign up.
If given the opportunity. Until now, they never HAD the opportunity. And it is still willingly, considering the minor penalty.

Location hidden

#59675 Oct 7, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) with citric acid....
They are two different compounds....
Understand?
???

No, I am not talking about C. I am talking about citrate.

Look it up. Google citrate and kidney stones. Its one of the few things clinically proven to reduce risk for oxalate stones.

Location hidden

#59676 Oct 7, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a society?
Driving a motor vehicle is a privilege, traveling in a car is not a regulated privilege.
Ummm...not quite. Seat belt laws?

Location hidden

#59677 Oct 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

???

No, I am not talking about C. I am talking about citrate.
Look it up. Google citrate and kidney stones. Its one of the few things clinically proven to reduce risk for oxalate stones.
I know all that....

I thought you'd confused Vit C with citric acid when they're two different chemical compounds. Ascorbate also bonds with Ca^2+( 2+ as valence).

Ok, matter closed.

Location hidden

#59678 Oct 7, 2013
The only religion to aim for perfect non-violence in the now and at all times is Jainism...

Location hidden

#59679 Oct 7, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all that....
I thought you'd confused Vit C with citric acid when they're two different chemical compounds. Ascorbate also bonds with Ca^2+( 2+ as valence).
Ok, matter closed.
Yeah I agree we have discussed this topic way passed the boundaries of the less extreme

I knew C is different from citrate. The more interesting turn is the fact that citrate has a slightly different effect than citric acid in terms of prevention vs reduction. Some people get citrate prescribed. Others, like me, imbibe lemons as much as possible which provides citric acid rather than straight citrate.

Location hidden

#59680 Oct 7, 2013
THE GRAND IDEAL OF PERFECT NON-VIOLENCE

However, what Mahavir, the yogi-ascetic founder of the heterodox sect called Jainism, failed to realize is this - the degree of evolution of consciousness from a state of involution till the present in the terrestrial force fields is unregenerate, divided, nurtures barbarism/violence/decay/senes cence/decomposition/diseases/d eath and as such any attempt to realize perfect non-violence at this stage of the evolution is futile. Only supramentalization of matter can achieve this grand aim and bring forth the next species, the supramental being with novel internal as well as external features, from the mental being (man).
Eric

Aurora, IL

#59681 Oct 7, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to read it, it was argued under the taxing powers.
You as an attorney believe that the government is morally and legally correct to force someone to buy a good or service?
It was argued under the commerce clause, the anti-injuntion act and the taxing power. But you are too stubborn to actually read the documentation.

The answer is that I don't want to pay for anyone else's healthcare. I want everyone to pay for their own healthcare to the extent that they are capable. I don't want the people who go naked to clog up the hospitals and increase my costs. I don't want people who can contribute to their own healthcare costs to get totally free governmental healthcare. I see this legislation as a way to satisfy my desires. The only other way is to cut off everyone and have people dying in the streets, and I'm not in favor of that.

Location hidden

#59682 Oct 7, 2013
MAHAVIR shed his clothes and would walk around stark naked since he was always in a state of trance of the higher mind and as such had overcome the body consciousness that involves notions about gender differentiation, lust, sex thoughts, hunger, thirst, sleep and other ordinary bodily needs.

Location hidden

#59683 Oct 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Citrate has a slightly different effect than citric acid in terms of prevention vs reduction.

Some people get citrate prescribed. Others, like me, imbibe lemons as much as possible which provides citric acid rather than straight citrate.
Isn't citrate a derivative of citric acid being its conjugate base?

So, is citrate stable or in words does citrate exist as independent ions in solution without bonding with other ions to form stable chemical compounds?

If citrate ions that're derived from citric acid are stable enough to exist in the independent state then obviously citrate can be consumed as an independent entity and need not be consumed as citric acid.

Just an observation.
Voluntarist

United States

#59684 Oct 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If given the opportunity. Until now, they never HAD the opportunity. And it is still willingly, considering the minor penalty.
They haven't been given the opportunity to put a gun to someone's head until now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:06 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:06PM