Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,681)

Showing posts 53,601 - 53,620 of68,176
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
If so then why did 3 of your previous small businesses fail if the profits were "high" as you claim?
I don't know what retailing you do but obviously it's similar to a boring Mom and Pop store.
Anyway, go forward and do well in business and do good to all including yourself.
Define small business, here small business in retail is under 30 employees and gross sales under $500,000.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
very WRONG. I have MUCH research and experience in this matter. You cant snow me on this one.
There are several types of stones with several differnt etiologies. The one common thread is the need to drink more water.
For oxalate, the most common, drinking citrate is good as well (lemon) for prevention. Also, there is some evidence that Green Tea assists in the formation of a crystal with more rounded edges which might help in the long run.
Once they form and obstruct you are sht out of luck.
Dr Wallech has more research on it than you shit face again, the proof is in the pudding.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
very WRONG. I have MUCH research and experience in this matter. You cant snow me on this one.
There are several types of stones with several differnt etiologies. The one common thread is the need to drink more water.
For oxalate, the most common, drinking citrate is good as well (lemon) for prevention. Also, there is some evidence that Green Tea assists in the formation of a crystal with more rounded edges which might help in the long run.
Once they form and obstruct you are sht out of luck.
What About Your Calcium Intake?
In the past, kidney stone sufferers have been
warned to avoid foods rich in calcium.
However, there is now evidence that avoiding
calcium may do more harm than good. The
Harvard School of Public Health conducted a
study of more than 45,000 men. The men who
had diets rich in calcium had a one-third
lower risk of kidney stones than those with
lower calcium diets [5].
Why would this be? It seems counterintuitive.
After all, calcium is the largest component in
the stones.
The answer is that high dietary calcium
actually blocks a chemical action that causes
the formation of the stones. It binds with
oxalates (from foods) in your intestine, which
then prevents both from being absorbed into
your blood and later transferred to your
kidneys.
So, urinary oxalates may be more important to
formation of calcium-oxalate kidney stone
crystals than is urinary calcium.
It is important to note that it is the calcium
from foods that is beneficial -- not calcium
supplements, which have actually been found
to increase your risk of kidney stones by 20
percent [6].
Busting the Myth That High Protein Diets Lead
to Kidney Stones.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

However, biology also plays a role. Contractions of the muscles in the wall of the ureter also pushed the stones along. That is the second source of pain after renal colic.
Contraction of muscles would be a result of peristalsis and of reaction of the muscle walls on the liquid according to Newton's 3rd Law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Bringing us back to the original discussion of whether the concentrations of the constituent elements (calcium and oxalate for that type of stone) matter as much as the properties of the solution.

With the right pH and ion or other physical exchange, the constituent reagents are whisked away BEFORE they have a chance to precipitate and crystalize. The easiest way to have this happen is simply drink more water. A second way is to imbibe more citrate as it complexes with the calcium (drink more lemonade).
That comes in later once medication begins.

To begin with the stones are formed as a result of crystallization of calcium oxalate from supersaturated solution with a double decomposition reaction taking place between say calcium hydroxide and oxalic acid giving rise to crystals of calcium oxalate. Common ion effect would reduce the solubility of the growing crystal.

On drinking more water, the specific gravity (not density) of the solution would keep getting lowered and this then would cause the stones to sink further down the urinary tract since the density (not specific gravity) of the stones in diluted solution would keep increasing in relative terms as water would serve to dilute the solution. So, with greater intake of water, the density of the stones would exceed the specific gravity of the liquid and this in turn would create a condition of w greater than U causing the stones to sink and keep sinking. As the stones sink further down, the height of the liquid column above the stones would keep increasing thereby increasing the liquid pressure (not hydrostatic pressure) on the stones and so the added pressure on the stones would be another cause of causing the kidney stones to keep sinking and sinking until they get pushed out of the urinary tract.

However, I guess the volume or size of the stones would keep getting smaller as some part of the crystal would keep dissolving in the liquid media and aside from more water entering the kidney, added acid imbibed as part of diet or medical treatment would cause a breakdown of the crystal as the crystal would keep dissolving in the surrounding liquid.

Peristaltic movements would also play a role in flushing out the stones.

Ok, then.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Define small business, here small business in retail is under 30 employees and gross sales under $500,000.
I don't know the kind of retail you were into when you conducted those 3 businesses that you subsequently abandoned for whatever reasons. Now, you have 2 service businesses. I don't know what kind of services you offer - body massages? pubic hair trims? toilet cleaning? laundry?. So, I can't comment. However, your businesses are the typical small enterprises and besides you've been busy jumping from one business to another with the folding up of each business due to loss or whatever reason.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Absolutely not, kidney stones are formed BECAUSE of a calcium deficiency.
How is that so?

Give the details about the Chemistry of solution and fluid dynamics involved?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the kind of retail you were into when you conducted those 3 businesses that you subsequently abandoned for whatever reasons. Now, you have 2 service businesses. I don't know what kind of services you offer - body massages? pubic hair trims? toilet cleaning? laundry?. So, I can't comment. However, your businesses are the typical small enterprises and besides you've been busy jumping from one business to another with the folding up of each business due to loss or whatever reason.
Actually your comprehension is a little off.
I started with one in 1990 and grew to 3.

Small enterprises are fine with me, especially when they are that profitable.
Every product has a life cycle, that one was replaced and everyone jumped on the ban wagon.

A span of over 20 years I wouldn't call jumping from one to the other.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
\

<quoted text>

Actually your comprehension is a little off.
I started with one in 1990 and grew to 3.
Small enterprises are fine with me, especially when they are that profitable.

Every product has a life cycle, that one was replaced and everyone jumped on the ban wagon.

A span of over 20 years I wouldn't call jumping from one to the other.
Ok, good for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

SHALOM-NAMASTE MAHATMA MOSES:

Indian Bene Israel Jew, Samson Koletkar, better known as Mahatma Moses, is a standup comedian in San Francisco and was born in Mumbai and raised Jewish. He holds a master's degree in computer engineering from Mumbai University.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Then, of course, there's kidney stones. And then there's bone
spurs, heel spurs, and calcium deposits . Again, physicians will
tell you the first thing to give up officially is calcium and dairy,
because they have this foolish belief, the stupid belief, the
ignorant belief that the kidney stones, bone spurs, heel spurs,
and calcium deposits come from your diet, when instead it only
comes from your bones when you have a raging Osteoporosis.
And when you get these things, you need more calcium , not
less.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

We learned a
thousand years ago in the agricultural industry, if you want to
prevent kidney stones in livestock, you had better give them more
calcium. You had better give them more magnesium, and more
boron. Now the reason is, of course, bulls and rams, male cattle
and sheep, have special anatomy, when they get a kidney stone,
they die. It's called water belly. They die. When you and I get a
kidney stone, we just wish we were dead. But no farmer is dumb
enough to pay for the feed for an animal, and have it die before
he can either eat it or send it to market. So we learned how to
prevent those things. So you should have gotten a recall notice
from your doctor, especially those people who have had kidney
stones. Your urologist should have sent the notice to you.
This was about 15 months ago, March, 1993, it says, "Calcium
limits kidney stone risk." This is from the Harvard Medical School
in Boston. "In a study that turns conventional medical wisdom on
its head, researchers have found that people whose diets are rich
in calcium run a reduced risk of developing kidney stones. A study
of more than 45,000 people who are ranked in the 5 categories,
the group that had the most calcium had no kidney stones." So it
took them a thousand years to catch up.

http://www.whale.to/a/dead_doctors.html

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Good night. Time to take my medicines and to relax a little.
But how...? A self claimed Yogi that has the cosciousness force growing in him everyday needs to call a doctor and take some meds, like the most ordinary human being? LOL

Je suis désolé. LOL

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Wallech has more research on it than you shit face again, the proof is in the pudding.
I have survived several of these, and you are FOS. You follow wives tales.

Go back to the science

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not, kidney stones are formed BECAUSE of a calcium deficiency.
Fool, there are several forms of stones, most of them that dont even HAVE calcium as a constituent.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool, there are several forms of stones, most of them that dont even HAVE calcium as a constituent.
Calcium stones being the most common, dont yell at me take that up with Harvard.

You are an old school jackass.

Here is another one,
Cholesterol has nothing to do with getting heart disease.
Take that in your tuckus and smoke it!
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have survived several of these, and you are FOS. You follow wives tales.
Go back to the science
Take extra calcium and you will have a better chance not to get them.

Does your husband get them as well?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

CALCIUM INTAKE & FORMATION OF CALCIUM OXALATE:

Since the oxalate anions are more reactive than the relatively stable calcium cations thus more free calcium ions in the urine would mean more chemical reactions between calcium and oxalate ions forming calcium oxalate stones.

Besides, sodium can cause the leaching of calcium ions from bones and from stable calcium compounds into the urine.

So, if less free calcium ions are available in the kidneys with a view to decreasing the formation of calcium oxalate crystals then sodium intake should be minimized.

Sodium is higher up the activity series than calcium and so sodium (Group I A alkali metal) is more reactive than calcium (Group II A alkaline earth metal) and as a result it can displace calcium ions in a chemical compound and take its place.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

NOTE:

Calcium stones form when urine is supersaturated with the constituent ions that comprise the stone. Hence, supersaturation with calcium and oxalate ions will promote the formation of calcium oxalate stones. Supersaturation of urine with calcium and phosphate ions will promote the formation of calcium phosphate stones. Supersaturation occurs when the product of the ionic activity of calcium [Ca2+]a and oxalate [Oxalate2&#8722;] exceeds the solubility product for calcium oxalate (SP1); or the product of the ionic activity of calcium [Ca2+]a and phosphate [HPO4 2&#8722;]a exceeds the solubility product for calcium phosphate (SP2)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

1) You MAY decrease your risk kidney stones by increasing your intake of dairy products.

2) Yet, you MAY increase your risk of developing those painful stones by taking calcium supplements.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 53,601 - 53,620 of68,176
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••