Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,613
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#55725 Jul 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
N...we stay up late for two weeks straight trying to figure out which are fireworks and which are bullets...
Hint, the bullets tend to explode less and come to earth more or less intact.

Also, since bullets tend to be less expensive and more easily available than fireworks (even during the Obama administration), you can surmise that most of what you're hearing are bullets.

Location hidden

#55726 Jul 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
S... a border patrol officer with the Texas Department of Public Safety, riding in a helicopter, used a sniper rifle to fire at a fast-moving pickup truck carrying nine illegal immigrants into the state from Mexico
Better than a video game!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#55727 Jul 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
Frijoles why aren't ou upset? I thought you were an American? You would think people would be outraged that the government would plan such an murder on us soil or at the very least let it happen, from your article;
Paul Kennedy, the National Lawyers Guild attorney in Houston who
represented a number of Occupy Houston activists arrested during the
protests, had not heard of the sniper plot, but said,“I find it hard to
believe that such information would have been known to the FBI and
that we would not have been told about it.” He then added darkly,“If
it had been some right-wing group plotting such an action,
something would have been done. But if it is something law
enforcement was planning, then nothing would have been done. It
might seem hard to believe that a law enforcement agency would do
such a thing, but I wouldn’t put it past them.”
He adds,“The use of the phrase ‘if deemed necessary,’ sounds like it
was some kind of official organization that was doing the planning.”
In other words, the “identified [DELETED” mentioned in the Houston
FBI document may have been some other agency with jurisdiction in
the area, which was calculatedly making plans to kill Occupy
activists.
Because I have no reason to believe it was a law enforcement group. Show me the proof, and I will generate the outrage.

My brain just isnt wired like yours.

OTOH stupidity like the Whitey Bulger hitman issue, I can relate to, and find that plausible.

Location hidden

#55728 Jul 3, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
What is you? A commie?!
Can ice cream be mounted on a Popsicle stick and it still be a Popsicle stick? And why does my spell check capitalize Popsicle?

The best is when the chocolate coating from the ice cream smears itself on the stick.

Location hidden

#55729 Jul 3, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint, the bullets tend to explode less and come to earth more or less intact.
Also, since bullets tend to be less expensive and more easily available than fireworks (even during the Obama administration), you can surmise that most of what you're hearing are bullets.
Its very difficult to distinguish between some of the smaller firecrackers and real gunfire. In our neighborhood, often it IS the latter. One way we tell the difference is by waiting for the ambulance sirens. But often isnt perfect either.
Voluntarist

United States

#55730 Jul 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I have no reason to believe it was a law enforcement group. Show me the proof, and I will generate the outrage.
My brain just isnt wired like yours.
OTOH stupidity like the Whitey Bulger hitman issue, I can relate to, and find that plausible.
The fbi was complicit.
Voluntarist

United States

#55731 Jul 3, 2013
“The documents are heavily redacted, and it is clear from the
production that the FBI is withholding far more material. We are filing
an appeal challenging this response and demanding full disclosure to
the public of the records of this operation,” stated Heather Benno,
staff attorney with the PCJF.

It is also clear that the fbi considered ows a criminal group, why is that? They were clearly peaceful.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55732 Jul 3, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
What is you? A commie?!
I like apple pie if that helps.
Voluntarist

United States

#55733 Jul 3, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than a video game!
Do you always take lightly the killing of people?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55734 Jul 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
... And why does my spell check capitalize Popsicle?
I was wondering the same thing. Apparently, Popsicle started off as a brand name - like Band-Aid, and then became a genericized trademark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popsicle

I see spellchecker doesn't like the word "genericized" either. Oy vey. It's an endless cycle.

Location hidden

#55735 Jul 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
...It is also clear that the fbi considered ows a criminal group, why is that? They were clearly peaceful.
Occupy Wall Street is only criminal if being an ineffectual poseur is a felony. Which, if it were, the quickly fill the jails to overflow with bloggers.

Lucky for them, the irony of being an upper-middle class white kid identifying with the under-privileged while tweeting your abridged manifesto on a $3000 Mac Airbook is only a misdemeanor.

There was no need to waste a bullet as OWS melted down just weeks after its high profile beginnings. The last remnants sticking to the street for a few months like the flaky skin that remains after treating a particularly bad case of the crabs (sorry, I've been reading William S Burroughs).

Location hidden

#55736 Jul 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always take lightly the killing of people?
Depends on the people.

Location hidden

#55737 Jul 3, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I like apple pie if that helps.
A little. But I'm keeping my eye on you just in case.

Location hidden

#55738 Jul 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
“The documents are heavily redacted ...
I love that word -- REDACTED. It sounds so filthy.
Voluntarist

United States

#55739 Jul 3, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the people.
I thought that you described yourself as a libertarian, my mistake.
Apparently some types of people are more valuable than others in your opinion, care to share the difference?
Voluntarist

United States

#55740 Jul 3, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Occupy Wall Street is only criminal if being an ineffectual poseur is a felony. Which, if it were, the quickly fill the jails to overflow with bloggers.
Lucky for them, the irony of being an upper-middle class white kid identifying with the under-privileged while tweeting your abridged manifesto on a $3000 Mac Airbook is only a misdemeanor.
There was no need to waste a bullet as OWS melted down just weeks after its high profile beginnings. The last remnants sticking to the street for a few months like the flaky skin that remains after treating a particularly bad case of the crabs (sorry, I've been reading William S Burroughs).
Why would there need to use a bullet if ows didn't melt down?

Location hidden

#55741 Jul 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
“The documents are heavily redacted, and it is clear from the
production that the FBI is withholding far more material. We are filing
an appeal challenging this response and demanding full disclosure to
the public of the records of this operation,” stated Heather Benno,
staff attorney with the PCJF..
Allegations. Show me the money, honey.
Voluntarist wrote:
It is also clear that the fbi considered ows a criminal group, why is that? They were clearly peaceful.
Dont have the foggiest idea. The FBI follows around a lot of peaceful groups that they suspect of being potentially law breaking. Doesnt mean I agree with the practice.

Location hidden

#55742 Jul 3, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I walked through Zuchinni (sp?) Park in NYC out of curiosity one morning, during the height of protests. What struck me was how NON-stereotypical the crowd was. I was expecting exactly what you just conjured. What I found instead was a diversity of ages, ethnicities, and social classes. It made an impression on me.

Location hidden

#55743 Jul 3, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering the same thing. Apparently, Popsicle started off as a brand name - like Band-Aid, and then became a genericized trademark.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popsicle
I see spellchecker doesn't like the word "genericized" either. Oy vey. It's an endless cycle.
Its funny - mention Fudgesicle and I think of Fudgesicle, not Popsicle. But yet mention Popsicle and I think of those sticks, and the ice cream.
gx masta

Greeneville, TN

#55744 Jul 3, 2013
Hey cowards of Millburn Nj. Your innocent families are being beatin while your children watch in horror. And I haven't seen but just a handful of you all even give a crap. I'll be praying for the victims. Let that shit happen in my town an see what happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Nov 21 savant 40
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov 7 Realist 615
Hearing set for teen who allegedly shot father ... (Jan '11) Oct 29 Circe 6
Mimbres area Oct '14 Wherda 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Oct '14 silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct '14 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct '14 yankeedudell 47
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos People Search