Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,488)

Showing posts 49,741 - 49,760 of65,225
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>We know Adam and Eve are real and the incident in the garden of Eden really happened because of its re enactment 29 1/2 years ago. This was a tremendous sign and wonder and God proved she is the first and by her presence today, is also the last.
I only have one question about the 're-enactment'. Was Eve hot.

Or did she look more like Australopithecus?

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
NC Considers Making Sea Level Rise Illegal

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/plugged-i...
Would the law be retroactive? Because Sea Levels have been rising for the last 50,000 years and I would hate to see the courts tied up with all those preciousness prosecutions.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I only have one question about the 're-enactment'. Was Eve hot.
Or did she look more like Australopithecus?
She is the "fairest among women" but the photographs (images) Adam took were far from flattering. She was publically humiliated. Do you remember the "50 foot shrunken apple head woman"?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Jew, I've encountered enough missionaries in my life (religious and atheist) to choke a horse. In fact, one incident with a missionary did lead to the death of a small pony but that's another story.
What I find ironic here is that his missionary zeal is focused on Jews. The only of the world's major faiths that doesn't care in what he believes.
In fact, that the missionary and I believe differently is a constant source of joy and comfort to me.
If we did agree it would cause me to reexamine my beliefs.
Ahhhh

I think what was missing from your initial post was awareness of the target. I didnt (and neither did COR probably) realize it was directed at Yoda.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Would the law be retroactive? Because Sea Levels have been rising for the last 50,000 years and I would hate to see the courts tied up with all those preciousness prosecutions.
The devil is in the details. The fight is that the legislature only wanted modeling of sea level rise using a linear model, while the current state of the science uses exponential models. So they decided to legislate which model was permissible for state mapping. Obviously a linear model leads to less sea level rise, which not only satisfies the anti-science lobby, but the real estate lobby who wants to continue to build on the waterfront.

A more entertaining response are those that are pinning their hopes on land masses bouncing back up to compensate. Isostatic rebound.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Jew, I've encountered enough missionaries in my life (religious and atheist) to choke a horse. In fact, one incident with a missionary did lead to the death of a small pony but that's another story.
What I find ironic here is that his missionary zeal is focused on Jews. The only of the world's major faiths that doesn't care in what he believes.
In fact, that the missionary and I believe differently is a constant source of joy and comfort to me.
If we did agree it would cause me to reexamine my beliefs.
Can you blame a missionary Christian for focussing on Jews? After all, the foundational premise of their original religion is Judaism. They're just trying to upgrade your belief system to version 2.0 and win some extra brownie points with the Big Guy
/sarcasm

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh
I think what was missing from your initial post was awareness of the target. I didnt (and neither did COR probably) realize it was directed at Yoda.
Since when is Yoda a rationalist?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Yoda is a mystico-rationalist who takes his firm stand on tangibles like consciousness and energy that form a unified field which in manifestation accounts for matter as well as sentience. Yoda rejects absurdities like creation from nothing as well as creation of sentience from insentience. Back to serious study. Bye.

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
It believes it is. I was just indulging it.
JOEL

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

SUNTA: Why do you commit incest?

BUNTA: Because my religious book says so.

(smiles)
JOEL

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

SUNTA: Why do you say the universe functions according to some god's will?

(smiles)

bye.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

BUNTA: Why do you not believe in afterlife?

SUNTA: Because all religious books say so

(Weeps)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when was he ever consistent? Besides, he thinks he is going after Jews, but his criticisms are actually more applicable to Christians, making him a lousy rationalist anyhow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
It believes it is. I was just indulging it.
"Not fair! not fair!" he hissed. "It isn't fair, my precious, is it, to ask us what it's got in its nassty little pocketses?"

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not fair! not fair!" he hissed. "It isn't fair, my precious, is it, to ask us what it's got in its nassty little pocketses?"
I love it when you quote Dashiell Hammett
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

BUNTA: Why you were rude to your parents just now?

SUNTA: Because in EVERY religious book it is written one should be Kind to one' parents!!

(Weeps again)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

BUNTA: What is the real reason for this discussion?

SUNTA: Because "we" forgot to take our meds.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
For all we know, on a large scale that might be true. But with the sample size of one here, I am far from impressed with what you parade around as reasoning.
HughBe---Observation, the British educational system is far superior to the American system.

Frijoles---... on a large scale that might be true.

HughBe---- Correct

Frijoles--- But with the sample size of ONE here, I am far from impressed with what you parade around as reasoning

HughBe--- I have been teaching you for a long time that large sample sizes of ONE in the context of hundreds of millions is BS but you cannot seem to understand.

Why I am not surprised that you are not impressed? Could it be because you believe that when dealing with a population of hundreds of millions that a sample size of ONE is adequate? YES and that underscores your level.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for once again providing example of why your reasoning is substandard.
Kindly explain how in retrospect hanging black men from trees is evil, but labeling homosexuality as a disease is not.
note the word "explain". Bible babbling is not considered a reasonable use of intelligence.
HughBe--- Evil is NEVER correct. Had You and your progenitors clothed the black men you would never have felt so inadequate and acted out of MALICE and ENVY.

Frijoles---Thank you for once again providing example of why your reasoning is substandard.

HughBe--- Completing your thoughts if they can be called thoughts, gives "why your reasoning is substandard" to us the simple flockers.

Frijoles---Kindly explain how in retrospect hanging black men from trees is evil, but labeling homosexuality as a disease is not.

HughBe--- It is and was EVIL because no one should be killed simply because they are black or white or brown. If a black man kills another black or white then he should be hanged. The same applies to the white. But the EVIL that was practiced in YOUR country of killing blacks for no good reason is SHEER SATANIC and VIOLATES the laws of God Almighty. YOU shall NOT MURDER.

Now, to do EVIL and to label are not the same thing. You and your rabbis can label homosexual sex as ACTS of righteousness but that does not make them so. In essence labeling does not change the reality. On the other hand MURDERING blacks because they are black changes the reality of being alive to one of being DEAD.

Finally, keep in mind that HughBe did not originate and attach the label of MENTAL illness to homosexuality, your doctors and scientists did.

I simply accept the label to be correct.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

JOEL wrote:
SUNTA: Why do you say there's an afterlife?
(smiles)
SUNTA: Why do you say there's an afterlife?

Read more at

Hugh-- Why do you say there's an afterlife?

Joel-- Because my master tells me so plus I have had direct experience of the afterlife when I visited the living dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 49,741 - 49,760 of65,225
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Community education classes continue in April Fri Carrie Nation 2
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Apr 17 Joe 221
No charges yet in deadly shooting (May '11) Apr 17 Silver 11
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Apr 17 Silver 43
New Mexico to receive new veterans cemeteries Apr 16 all well 1
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... Apr 5 Jackie 1
Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr 4 Peon 16
•••

Fire Weather Watch for Grant County was issued at April 20 at 2:20PM MDT