Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,991
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55138 Jun 17, 2013
I am ready to take a mock test in a key math topic. The questions will expectedly be tricky and difficult. I'm timing myself. Bye. Later.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#55139 Jun 18, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
Imagine being the smartest person on the planet (self proclaimed) and STILL being forced to live your miserable life in Bombay.
Karma is a bitch with PMS.
Imagine being stuck in a society where standardized testing still matters, especially for grad studies?

I guess no one has ever heard about independent research skills.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#55140 Jun 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine being stuck in a society where standardized testing still matters, especially for grad studies?
I guess no one has ever heard about independent research skills.
Standardization is important -- if you're going to produce automatons.

Since: Apr 13

San Francisco, CA

#55141 Jun 18, 2013
Instead of guilt prone proselytizing BS and up in your face obnoxious claims Christians often do, show people the 'gifts of the sprit' in laying on of the hands, true healing, though prayer and the personal results, along with personal kindness and charity and likely you will not be labeled as a threat to Judaism. Remember bad people who say the believe in Jesus have done horrendous things to the people of the Jewish faith, so there is no wonder they despise Jesus and his followers. Jews escaped to Israel to get away from people who say they believe in Jesus and did murderous acts and marginalized the lives of Jews, so it is no wonder that they fear you and want to eliminate your presence. Be honest and call yourselves "Christians" because that is what you really are.

Location hidden

#55142 Jun 18, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you put it best a while back, explaining how Asians excelled at copying and reverse engineering, while Americans and Israelis et al excelled at innovating.

But really, what is the purpose of grad education if it doesnt encourage creativity and independent thinking?

Standardized tests don't encourage squat, which is why pretty much no American grad school takes them seriously (or at least not as serious as committee-tailored qualifying exams and research sponsorship).

Location hidden

#55143 Jun 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
These are things that I did SUCCESSFULLY while in high school and I have no interest in going back there.
I can relate. I did REALLY well at calculus in high school, but except for graphing applications it has been of no use to me ever since, and I have no interest in going back.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55144 Jun 18, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone needs to answer those call center phones.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#55145 Jun 18, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Dear Sister Hugh (smiles)
The British A Level Math/Physics/Chemistry syllabi is pedestrian, oh! it's so ordinary, and no match for the content and rigor in the same subjects we're exposed to in Asian countries like India, China, South Korea and even Iran.
We have dozens of school in Mumbai affiliated to the Cambridge O, A, IGCSE and AS levels and we laugh when see their books and read their question papers.
You won't stand a chance in any of the entrance exams in India if you're an A level student in which case one has to either go to the UK or US for university studies or stay back and enroll in one of the mediocre colleges back here but I repeat clearing any of the stiff entrance exams after Grade 12 in India with an A level background is a huge disadvantage and the student stands no chance - he won't even understand the difficult entrance exam questions.
A level studies are superior to the high school studies in the US but American high schoolers and undergrads and in many cases grads have such a poor level of knowledge of their subjects of specialization it's no wonder we see them fumbling where the most ordinary questions in math and science are concerned. No wonder Asians are dominating the US education and research scene.
It would suffice to say that your level of knowledge and logical skills in math and science are pathetic.
Anyway, you can stick to pearching about Jesus and his mom to the cruffs in Jamaica. This job profile suits you.
Joel---Dear Sister Hugh (smiles)

Hugh--- Too much studying is adding to your already confused mind. I am a MAN.

Joel---The British A Level Math/Physics/Chemistry syllabi is pedestrian, oh! it's so ordinary, and no match for the content and rigor in the same subjects we're exposed to in Asian countries like India, China, South Korea and even Iran.

HughBe--- Really? You have demonstrated your superior system below and I have represented the British system.

Joel---A veggie is plucked off a TREE without killing the tree/plant itself and another bathch of veggies grow in place of the plucked ones.

Hugh--- Do you mean like the Lettuce TREE?

(By the way, WE do not associate the word TREE with vegetables. Give us some more time so that we may upgrade our educational system to your standards and then we shall make the same association as is done in India)

Much love, sweet Hugh
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55146 Jun 18, 2013
Israelis are thieves who steal the ideas of gentiles and then pass them off as their own or in many cases they're gifted scientific/tech ideas on the quiet by people with vested interests. There's enough proof on this subject. LOL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#55147 Jun 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I can relate. I did REALLY well at calculus in high school, but except for graphing applications it has been of no use to me ever since, and I have no interest in going back.
Frijoles----I have no interest in going back.

HughBe--- If you are serious, I am truly proud of you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55148 Jun 18, 2013
Frijoles did "really well" in calculus in college? LOL. He has zero aptitude for math and science. It's really shameful he was awarded a doctorate when it's evident heLOL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#55149 Jun 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
say nothing about the microscopic bugs that go along with the ride. Yum Yum.
protein providers but still killed.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55151 Jun 18, 2013
Frijoles has a doc in science? LOl. Dunce. He's a mathematically and scientifically challenged dunce! Shame. Even a high schooler from India would know more than this fool in math, physics and chem. LMAO.

Location hidden

#55152 Jun 18, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Israelis are thieves who steal the ideas of gentiles and then pass them off as their own or in many cases they're gifted scientific/tech ideas on the quiet by people with vested interests. There's enough proof on this subject. LOL.
Speaking of "proof", wasnt the world supposed to end by now?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55153 Jun 18, 2013
independent research skills can flower only when the student has a verfy strong base in the subject. Otherwise we'll get idiots like Frijoles who have a doc in "science" without knowing how to calculate number of moles or without knowing how to deduce the oxidation state of an atom of an element. As for the accompanying math skills needed to support research in science, well, Frijoles wouldn't pass a high school exam in math/physics/chem back in India. shameful. My pals laugh when I show them his posts where he fumbles with the most elementary math/scientific concepts. They really have a good laugh at his expense and call him a sham and a brain-empty American fool. All this is very true. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55154 Jun 18, 2013
Supramental descent is not the end of the world, retard. LOl.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55155 Jun 18, 2013
Yawn.

(smiles)

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#55156 Jun 18, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Frijoles did "really well" in calculus in college? LOL. He has zero aptitude for math and science. It's really shameful he was awarded a doctorate when it's evident heLOL.
Imagine the singularity of insecurity that must exist to feel the need to constantly proclaim your wisdom to complete strangers.

It is an insecurity so massive that not even sanity can escape its gravity.

And, to stay consistent with current thinking, it must inversely proportionate to the mass of the genitalia.

Location hidden

#55157 Jun 18, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine the singularity of insecurity that must exist to feel the need to constantly proclaim your wisdom to complete strangers.
It is an insecurity so massive that not even sanity can escape its gravity.

And, to stay consistent with current thinking, it must inversely proportionate to the mass of the genitalia.
I would love to try to calculate the slope of that function, but I have to admit my substandard education never prepared me to use imaginary numbers into that type of mathematical problem.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55158 Jun 18, 2013
Well, I did really well on the mock test - the questions were real tough, really difficult. I got the solved paper corrected by an ex-scientist from the BARC itself and he assured me that even with minimal preparation I was ap;proaching top form and that when the time came for the actual test, I was sure to crack it and would rank in the first 10 ranks or so. Well, I am not getting carried away by the early praise and am keeping my cool and preparing even harder for the entrance exam and personal interview to follow. But, admittedly, the preparation is going really well and it's evident that I owe this to my very strong foundation in math and science that was laid in school days at Cathedral and later at the IIT under the 5 year integrated program leading to a master's degree in a physical science that's high on math. I have a few novel research ideas that I would wish to puruse at the esteemed BARC after selection and have most of the main details worked out......Till then I am in preparation mode making my foundation in math and in the relevant scientific discipline even stronger knowing that only those with a superlative grasp of the basic scientific concepts and extremely strong math skills can truly be top-notch researchers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:00AM