Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,104
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

#54887 Jun 13, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
My true age is near 30 and not over 30.
I'd posted that over 30 age thing with that Pastakia name in the past when I wanted to cover certain personal details as advised by my friends.
In the past, I've hinted on several occasions that I look 20 something...
Being an orphan, I latched on to "papa" for emotional security and because I wanted him to look at me as a son and nothing else...... He has the charm, common cultural background and nurturing instinct that made him adorable in my sight. He's cut me loose some time ago and so I am again without a papa - no biological dad and no online dad.
Where personal relationships are concerned, I'm too filled with toxin after being mentally, emotionally and physically harmed by that evil sorcerer - my mind, emotions and body have been ravaged by some of the worst mind control techniques and by being preyed upon by adverse spiritual beings that he'd directed at me to gain better control of me and I suffered, suffered badly.
The recovery is slow....
So, reverting to academics is a way of diverting my mind from the damage and misery in my life.
I am putting in many hours of study preparing for the tough entrances followed by personal interviews for admission to phd programs here. I plan to shift to an elite US university after making a great beginning here in India at say the reputed BARC...hey, it's just like those bygone days in grades 9 to 12 when I'd be absorbed for hours on end preparing for the IIT JEE.
Instead of whiling away my time at home or blowing up huge sums of money on trivia, it would be better if I re-enter academics and gain a doc degree. I know I can become a great researcher and I have the academic background and innate intelligence to excel in the future as I've done so in the past.
Well, whatever.
Anyway, thanks.
I've already put in 8 or 9 hours of study today. I'll study some more before relaxing. I'm coming back into top academic form as in the past. I'm thrilled. I won't be here too long.
rabbee: well a 30 year old, just now going through the terrible two's is not all that uncommon.
Barbara

Hollywood, FL

#54889 Jun 13, 2013
As a Jewish believer, I am still Jewish. The first followers of Jesus were Jews. The did not become "Christian" because the followed Jesus. Jesus, himself, was Jewish, and is still Jewish. The term Christian cam many, many years after Christ.
It appears that many people have forgotten the freedom of religion without prosecution is something that has been fought for. If one has a belief in a higher power and the true teachings of G-d then there would be no hatred and persecution.
Look at the news and see how women are treated in other countries. But let us not forget the many crusades that killed people in the name of G-d. We have not come very far have we.
Let us all pray for peace for all. Because belief is different from mine does not make you right or me wrong.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#54890 Jun 13, 2013
Barbara wrote:
...The first followers of Jesus were Jews...
In point of fact, that's not true. Most early Xtians were Greeks and Romans. The first Xtian churches were built in Rome, not Jerusalem.

It's not difficult to see why Jews would reject the concepts of Xtianity and classical Greeks and Romans would embrace them. Many of the core concepts of Xtianity are straight out of Greek and Roman paganism. Virgin birth, human gods, polytheism ... all of those ideas would be anathema to Jews but would be very easy to believe for Greeks and Romans of the time.

The story goes that Jesus came from Judea ... well, who knows? I'm sure the story sounded good when they told it.
amenudecide

Glendale, AZ

#54891 Jun 13, 2013
Happy Birthday Chris Barela!

Do any of these countries send you a present for helping them shoot straight.......back in the day?

Semper Fi!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#54893 Jun 13, 2013
Barbara wrote:
Because belief is different from mine does not make you right or me wrong.
Beliefs count for nothing.

Direct experience involving the union in consciousness of the subject with the object is everything.

In the realm of beliefs, imagination can run riot and one can imagine anything to be true as verification is not the guiding principle where beliefs are concerned. So, belief in creation from nothing, extra-cosmic god, one god, 12345 gods, heavens in the sky or somewhere out of the universe filled with rivers of honey, wine and milk, hells as places of fire, smoke, boiling water, god's arsh (throne), etc. Anything can be imagined in the realm of beliefs. One belief is as good as any other. Beliefs are for the immature ones.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

#54894 Jun 13, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
In point of fact, that's not true. Most early Xtians were Greeks and Romans. The first Xtian churches were built in Rome, not Jerusalem.
It's not difficult to see why Jews would reject the concepts of Xtianity and classical Greeks and Romans would embrace them. Many of the core concepts of Xtianity are straight out of Greek and Roman paganism. Virgin birth, human gods, polytheism ... all of those ideas would be anathema to Jews but would be very easy to believe for Greeks and Romans of the time.
The story goes that Jesus came from Judea ... well, who knows? I'm sure the story sounded good when they told it.
rabbee: don't care if all your false beliefs reject each other. you all still not true to G-D, here and now in TheTorah.

Location hidden

#54895 Jun 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: don't care if all your false beliefs reject each other. you all still not true to G-D, here and now in TheTorah.
Well, thanks for that. We always appreciate it when Xtians tell Jews how to be more Jewish.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#54896 Jun 14, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for that. We always appreciate it when Xtians tell Jews how to be more Jewish.
And Christians to be more Christians!!(And Muslims to be true Muslims).

Followers of all religions are guilty. most of them only use their religions as a label.

Majority of them only show a hypocritic link with their religion, hardly anybody follows the real moral teachings of their religious texts.

That is the main reason , why we see so much injustice, violence and lack of peace, both inner and outer in the world.

The more we progress on materialistic front, the more we loose on morality.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#54897 Jun 14, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not Christian. He has his own religion altogether. Also, halachically, he actually may be Jewish (parents were survivors).

Location hidden

#54898 Jun 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And Christians to be more Christians!!(And Muslims to be true Muslims).
Followers of all religions are guilty. most of them only use their religions as a label.
Majority of them only show a hypocritic link with their religion, hardly anybody follows the real moral teachings of their religious texts.
That is the main reason , why we see so much injustice, violence and lack of peace, both inner and outer in the world.
The more we progress on materialistic front, the more we loose on morality.
Praise to thee, Mullah Muq
Voluntarist

United States

#54899 Jun 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that god made flawed beings on purpose?
Or was it a mistake he made?
These are the only two choices.
Gay people to you are not "normal" and they carry out sinful activity.
So why would god create such people with such a loathsome lifestyle?
The same god who created you, correct?
And your evidence that gays are created?

Are those feminine mannerisms created by god?
Or is that learned behavior?
Voluntarist

United States

#54900 Jun 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. It wasnt even a govt contract. It was a subcontract. Like I said, me and a zillion other people.
That said, I do provide compliance services to the private sector as well. Making me guilty of....capitalism. Oh the shock to libertarian ears.
A subcontract is part of the whole, you ding dong.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54901 Jun 14, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect on at least 2 counts:

"Christianity (from the Ancient Greek: &#935;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#964;&#953; &#945;&#957;&#972; &#962; Christianos[1] and the Latin suffix -itas) is a MONOtheistic[2] and Abrahamic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as presented in canonical gospels and other New Testament writings as well as the Old Testament.....

Christianity began as a Jewish sect in the mid-1st century..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

Christains pray to one god. Do not let the Trinity confuse you. All one god.

"The Christian doctrine of the Trinity defines God as three divine persons or hypostases:[1] the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit; "one God in three persons". The three persons are distinct, yet are one "substance, essence or nature".[2] A nature is what one is, while a person is who one is.[3][4][5]

The Trinity is considered to be a mystery of Christian faith.[6] According to this doctrine, there is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire.."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54902 Jun 14, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and I'm certain Christians appreciate it when Jews tell them how many gods they believe in.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54903 Jun 14, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And your evidence that gays are created?
Are those feminine mannerisms created by god?
Or is that learned behavior?
Gay folks will tell you they knew they were "different"
from early childhood playing in the sandbox.

Are you suggesting it's all an act?

Location hidden

#54904 Jun 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not Christian. He has his own religion altogether. Also, halachically, he actually may be Jewish (parents were survivors).
If I had a dime for every missionary who claimed their parents / grandparents / aunt-uncle / close friend ... were survivors ... I'd have a lot of dimes.

Location hidden

#54905 Jun 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and I'm certain Christians appreciate it when Jews tell them how many gods they believe in.
I lost track -- do demi-gods count?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54906 Jun 14, 2013
Jesus spotted on dog. This is great.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/jesus_chri...

Location hidden

#54907 Jun 14, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a dime for every missionary who claimed their parents / grandparents / aunt-uncle / close friend ... were survivors ... I'd have a lot of dimes.
He is not a missionary though. Just a harmless and friendly loon.

Location hidden

#54908 Jun 14, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
A subcontract is part of the whole, you ding dong.
So is being an individual in society.

Obviously you have no real business experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mimbres area 15 hr Wherda 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Oct 21 silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct 13 yankeedudell 47
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 29 Insect Trust 32
Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos Jobs