Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
49,321 - 49,340 of 68,377 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: thanks for the info. i am embarrassed to admit, that i have read the life story of tesla more than once. but that i was not interested, in what i considered as irrelevant details at the time. people do not tend to remember details, in what they are so disinterested in at the time. and if they are interested in it, they do tend to exaggerate it to some extent.
Nikola Tesla - Religious views
Tesla was raised as an Orthodox Christian. Later in his life, he did not consider himself to be a "believer in the orthodox sense," and opposed religious fanaticism.[206] He had a profound respect for both Buddhism and Christianity.[27][206]
In his article, "The Problem of Increasing Human Energy," published in 1900, Tesla stated:
For ages this idea [that each of us is only part of a whole] has been proclaimed in the consummately wise teachings of religion, probably not alone as a means of insuring peace and harmony among men, but as a deeply founded truth. The Buddhist expresses it in one way, the Christian in another, but both say the same: We are all one.[207]
However, his religious views remain uncertain due to other statements that he made.[208][209][210] For example, in his article, "A Machine to End War", published in 1937, Tesla stated:
There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without. Owing to the similarity of our construction and the sameness of our environment, we respond in like manner to similar stimuli, and from the concordance of our reactions, understanding is born. In the course of ages, mechanisms of infinite complexity are developed, but what we call "soul" or "spirit," is nothing more than the sum of the functionings of the body. When this functioning ceases, the "soul" or the "spirit" ceases likewise.[206]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Re...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

In the past you offered many interpretations of different denominations which I easily put down showing the contradictions and flaws. You didn't like it. That's fine.
Think what you want.

But there are three posters here who self-identify as Jewish, and who accept each other as Jewish. And all three have called you FOS.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
What was or is your prestigious wine?
rabbee: well you most likely, never heard of platte valley (sparkling burgundy). since i only had, a quarter acre of grapes. even though i had made wine, beer, and white lightning, since i was 9 years old. even worked a short while, for a family called the smalldones. till it got to be, way too nervous and dangerous for me. without mentioning, the interest the taf, bic, and fib agencies had in them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes true capitalism, is based on pleasing the customer. which i am, not necessarily for or against. but attempting to please a dishonest customer or vice-versa, can get a little bit more than fraudulent or conspiracy sticky.
yes, ethics are pretty cut and dry to read, but not always so easy to actualize. Sometimes though you do need to walk away.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>and correct me if i am wrong, but the interpretation of zillions is - i am not sure exactly how many, but it is certainly a lot.

in fact i began with a government subcontract, to the solar energy research institute. to provide maintenance, and upgrading for data loggers and senior broadcast engineer having a fist class fcc license.
and the next thing i knew, i was an fte as a jr scientist. i always wanted to be a scientist, when i was younger. but never actually thought or no longer dreamed i would become one.
became disgruntled with, the scientific community at an early age. when i first discovered, what everybody said could not be done. but two years later, somebody else did it and got all the credit for it. who is going to listen, to a 12 year old child? who they only thought, had an over active imagination.
I admit zillions might have been an embellishment. There are probably stats out there though somewhere.(Maybe in the new NSA data center being built)

There are titles and there are occupations. I still resist being called a scientist (even though at times I have held that title for employment) as I do not do research. I suppose the ability to access, understand, and convey research could make someone a scientist as well. But I tend to think as a purist on that issue, regardless of any degree.

BTW I hold a FCC license too. Amateur Radio. Havent used it for about 30 years.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW - Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
rabbee: well here in america, we do have the right to be silent. despite the fact, that most of us are not about to do that. or despite the fact - that most of us would be, better off if we did.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you now want to walk that statement back.
It's ok, Huggybear. Just be yourself. We will accept you.
And of course everyone is gay, straight or whatever in their own way.
We would want you to be gay in your own very special, flamboyant way.
HughBe---Everyone knows that I am GAY....

Former---The truth will set you free.
Congratulations!

HughBe---In other words, in your mind, we are on the same page. Did you see the part that says," BUT not like you and Frijoles who are "gay".

Former---I take it you now want to walk that statement back.

HughBe--- No dear, my words were INTENTIONAL and clear.

Former---It's ok, Huggybear. Just be yourself. We will accept you.

HughBe--- Who else could I be? Why would I have an interest in lowering my standards?

Former---And of course everyone is gay, straight or whatever in their own way.

HughBe--- Correction, it should be everyone is either gay or straight or whatever.

Former---We would want you to be gay in your own very special, flamboyant way.

HughBe--- My brilliance is a gift. Also, I know that being GAY in the way that I am makes me special. On the other hand being gay like you is now considered by your fellows as normal.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
...I can verify the claim whether he does or not what I request because the subect is what I have written. I know what I write, that's why I told him to show them and he didn't because there is nothing he can pick up to confirm his false claim.
I see, so you are now changing your argument.

Before you said he was a liar because he would not comply with your request and prove his claim.

Now you are saying he is a liar regardless, that you already know this via your own prior knowledge.

Unfortunately this will have to be a draw as the topic of the disputed point would be far too subjective to quantify and/or prove definitively one way or the other.

On a side note, I realize you are an emotional, demonstrative people, but calling a fellow poster a "liar" seems a bit harsh and unnecessary.
3 Hail Mary's and 4 Our Fathers for you.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Your example is very flawed and has nothing to do with what I said.
It's funny how soon one jumps in defense of the other.
Childish behaviour.
Not childish. More cliquish.

Very intelligent people tend to congregate in our country.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well here in america, we do have the right to be silent. despite the fact, that most of us are not about to do that. or despite the fact - that most of us would be, better off if we did.
People just can't post enough about themselves on Facebook fast enough.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, pirating is innovation. We had to engineer the electronics and then build the box. Obviously, given your background, you would not know of such things that might be involved.
You are correct. I have a low opinion of your intellectual background. Mainly through experience in reading your posts.
I can't use American, but you can turn a perfectly innoucous post of mine around to insult me? Kiss your tushie. And then fick off.
HughBe-- My dear friend Mr. F you have a nasty habit of transferring discussions that are specifically about ONE person or ONE group to EVERYBODY and in so doing you DISTORT the context, intention and spirit of what is plain to even the simple.

Take the current discussion, YOU were talking about YOUR family and NOT Americans. So why did you slip AMERICANS into the discussion?

Are YOU saying that AMERICANS are into PIRATING cable boxes as your family are?

HughBe---Is PIRATING your idea of being " on the leading edge of technological innovation"

Frijoles---Yes, pirating is innovation.

HughBe---explain the innovation in pirating i.e. ILLEGALLY copying and reproducing the creative works of others.

Frijoles--- We had to engineer the electronics and then build the box. Obviously, given your background, you would not know of such things that might be involved.

HughBe--- Why the personal attack? Now, given my background i.e. professional and upbringing I have a good grasp of things to avoid e.g. STEALING/pirating.

My parents would NEVER do anything illegal or dishonest. I mean that.

Frijoles---You are correct.

HughBe--- I know

Frijoles---I have a low opinion of your intellectual background.

HughBe--- As you know your opinion on this matter is just as valuable as a fresh load of Chicken S...

Besides even you know that intellectually speaking you are my subordinate.

Frijoles---I can't use American, but you can turn a perfectly innoucous post of mine around to insult me?

HughBe--- Listen well, YOU have a NASTY habit of including others into a discussion when they are NOT under consideration. YOU do these things for many reasons including the desire to mislead and to deceive the simple.

YOU were speaking about YOUR family so why in the name of Jesus, the Christ, did you drag in ALL Americans?

Tell me about the innocuous part of your post, is it the PIRATING part that YOU spoke about?

Frijoles---Kiss your tushie. And then fick off.

HughBe--- Go get another circumcision :D

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- My brilliance is a gift. Also, I know that being GAY in the way that I am makes me special. On the other hand being gay like you is now considered by your fellows as normal.
I think the important thing is to just be the person that you are supposed to be.(in your case stop fighting that impulse). That might seem normal to others but special to you. Or special to you but normal to others.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I agree but I've done quite a bit of talking yesterday with my ex-professors from IIT where I studied for 5 years leading to a master's degree under the inetgrated science program after IIT JEE. They advised me to look abroad (especially at the leading US universities like Princeton, UC at Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, Cornell and the like) for further studies and/or for the meanwhile to enroll at the prestigious Bhabha Atomic Research Centre School of Sciences in suburban Mumbai where I happen to personally know a few scientists. I'm driving down to the BARC campus today to talk to the Dean and concerned scientists in my discipline that's heavy of math. If I decide to apply to US universities the process will be time-consuming until I leave India and so I think it would be advisable for me to kill two birds with one stone - apply to the US universities and prepare for their childish entrance tests in the form of GRE (general and subject-wise) and at the same time while this procedure is underway take the difficult BARC entrance exam and personal interview and get started. To get started is important as it will put me in the right mood and atmosphere. I only hope the BARC guys don't ask me to take the all-India UGC test in addition to the BARC entrance. UGC is a rather demanding aptitude test for which I'll have to seriously prepare. The BARC entrance exam is also pretty stiff and the personal interview where the candidate has to face a panel of top scientists is a killer.. BTW, the residential quarters of the BARC that house the scientific personnel and their families has perhaps the highest number of successful IIT JEE entrants from one given place each year - some 150 or mor high schoolers from the inhouse Atomic Energy Commisssion run high schools make it into the IITs every year. Many of these top-ranking high schoolers from the BARC residential campus (where their parents work as scientists) represent India at the IMO (International Math Olympiad), IPhO, IChO and so on win gold and silver medals. I'm coming back into top academic form and have a few novel research ideas that I would like to test. Will keep you informed. I'll answer other posts later. Bye.
It seems to me that you are on the right path academically speaking. However, you are not getting younger so give some consideration to the establishment and development of your personal relationship.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the important thing is to just be the person that you are supposed to be.(in your case stop fighting that impulse). That might seem normal to others but special to you. Or special to you but normal to others.
You are a funny fellow.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Nikola Tesla - Religious views
Tesla was raised as an Orthodox Christian. Later in his life, he did not consider himself to be a "believer in the orthodox sense," and opposed religious fanaticism.[206] He had a profound respect for both Buddhism and Christianity.[27][206]
In his article, "The Problem of Increasing Human Energy," published in 1900, Tesla stated:
For ages this idea [that each of us is only part of a whole] has been proclaimed in the consummately wise teachings of religion, probably not alone as a means of insuring peace and harmony among men, but as a deeply founded truth. The Buddhist expresses it in one way, the Christian in another, but both say the same: We are all one.[207]
However, his religious views remain uncertain due to other statements that he made.[208][209][210] For example, in his article, "A Machine to End War", published in 1937, Tesla stated:
There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without. Owing to the similarity of our construction and the sameness of our environment, we respond in like manner to similar stimuli, and from the concordance of our reactions, understanding is born. In the course of ages, mechanisms of infinite complexity are developed, but what we call "soul" or "spirit," is nothing more than the sum of the functionings of the body. When this functioning ceases, the "soul" or the "spirit" ceases likewise.[206]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Re...
rabbee: well now you know, why i considered it irrelevant to science. and in fact today - do not consider all science, as relevant to science.

any thing that is based on consistently unobservable, or repeatedly unobservable events, is not science. and even known facts, can be mentally skewed by personal prejudice.

constantly changing opinions, about any theory. only proves that the alleged science involved has always been faulty, and that they still most likely don't know the truth. and are still most likely substituting, their myths for facts.

if you selectively eliminate, any other possible explanation. then is not non-prejudiced factual science. if you operate on a false pedestal, then you will only see your own fantasy dragons you only want to see in the way you want to see it. waiting for somebody else's mythological dragon, to knock your also fraudulent pedestal.

and it is most disheartening, and heartbreaking. to see science become more fraud than actual fact. with pretending to have a smoking gun, without ever having seen an actual high-speed rock fired.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>..
Also, I know that being GAY in the way that I am makes me special. On the other hand being gay like you is now considered by your fellows as normal...
Do you believe that god made flawed beings on purpose?

Or was it a mistake he made?

These are the only two choices.

Gay people to you are not "normal" and they carry out sinful activity.

So why would god create such people with such a loathsome lifestyle?

The same god who created you, correct?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe-- My dear friend Mr. F you have a nasty habit of transferring discussions that are specifically about ONE person or ONE group to EVERYBODY and in so doing you DISTORT the context, intention and spirit of what is plain to even the simple.
Take the current discussion, YOU were talking about YOUR family and NOT Americans. So why did you slip AMERICANS into the discussion?
Are YOU saying that AMERICANS are into PIRATING cable boxes as your family are?
HughBe---Is PIRATING your idea of being " on the leading edge of technological innovation"
Frijoles---Yes, pirating is innovation.
HughBe---explain the innovation in pirating i.e. ILLEGALLY copying and reproducing the creative works of others.
Frijoles--- We had to engineer the electronics and then build the box. Obviously, given your background, you would not know of such things that might be involved.
HughBe--- Why the personal attack? Now, given my background i.e. professional and upbringing I have a good grasp of things to avoid e.g. STEALING/pirating.
My parents would NEVER do anything illegal or dishonest. I mean that.
Frijoles---You are correct.
HughBe--- I know
Frijoles---I have a low opinion of your intellectual background.
HughBe--- As you know your opinion on this matter is just as valuable as a fresh load of Chicken S...
Besides even you know that intellectually speaking you are my subordinate.
Frijoles---I can't use American, but you can turn a perfectly innoucous post of mine around to insult me?
HughBe--- Listen well, YOU have a NASTY habit of including others into a discussion when they are NOT under consideration. YOU do these things for many reasons including the desire to mislead and to deceive the simple.
YOU were speaking about YOUR family so why in the name of Jesus, the Christ, did you drag in ALL Americans?
Tell me about the innocuous part of your post, is it the PIRATING part that YOU spoke about?
Frijoles---Kiss your tushie. And then fick off.
HughBe--- Go get another circumcision :D
Thank you for thinking of me.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, ethics are pretty cut and dry to read, but not always so easy to actualize. Sometimes though you do need to walk away.
<quoted text>
I admit zillions might have been an embellishment. There are probably stats out there though somewhere.(Maybe in the new NSA data center being built)
There are titles and there are occupations. I still resist being called a scientist (even though at times I have held that title for employment) as I do not do research. I suppose the ability to access, understand, and convey research could make someone a scientist as well. But I tend to think as a purist on that issue, regardless of any degree.
BTW I hold a FCC license too. Amateur Radio. Havent used it for about 30 years.
rabbee: yes the ethics of two people, are not always in agreement. but i always figured, if my standards were higher than expected. i could not, go wrong.

and i only threw the zillions in, because it reminded me of something similar i actually said to G-D. of course it was an exaggeration, but i am pretty sure G-D knew what i wanted to be true even if it wasn't really true. can you believe, i actually lied to G-D. even if it, was in total ignorance. i guess this is why G-D, sent me on a fact finding mission. to find out, that everything THEY Said to me is true.

most of what is called being a scientist today, is actually being a technologist aka applied known science. but i was actually fortunate enough, to have been both in my lifetime. i have even designed and made unique, instruments for scientific purposes - for medical technology, and government research. most of which is, groundbreaking technology.

and done top secret, research and technology. that i can never tell anyone about, and even find yourself lying to your own family about. because you don't feel like, shooting anyone after you have told them the truth.

i had so many cover stories, it was sickening. so that if anyone said that's bs, you could always more or less say - yes! but listen to this one. which is always just, a little bit more believable than the last lie. and scares the hell out of you, when you get really good at it.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

It seems to me that you are on the right path academically speaking. However, you are not getting younger so give some consideration to the establishment and development of your personal relationship.
My true age is near 30 and not over 30.

I'd posted that over 30 age thing with that Pastakia name in the past when I wanted to cover certain personal details as advised by my friends.

In the past, I've hinted on several occasions that I look 20 something...

Being an orphan, I latched on to "papa" for emotional security and because I wanted him to look at me as a son and nothing else...... He has the charm, common cultural background and nurturing instinct that made him adorable in my sight. He's cut me loose some time ago and so I am again without a papa - no biological dad and no online dad.

Where personal relationships are concerned, I'm too filled with toxin after being mentally, emotionally and physically harmed by that evil sorcerer - my mind, emotions and body have been ravaged by some of the worst mind control techniques and by being preyed upon by adverse spiritual beings that he'd directed at me to gain better control of me and I suffered, suffered badly.

The recovery is slow....

So, reverting to academics is a way of diverting my mind from the damage and misery in my life.

I am putting in many hours of study preparing for the tough entrances followed by personal interviews for admission to phd programs here. I plan to shift to an elite US university after making a great beginning here in India at say the reputed BARC...hey, it's just like those bygone days in grades 9 to 12 when I'd be absorbed for hours on end preparing for the IIT JEE.

Instead of whiling away my time at home or blowing up huge sums of money on trivia, it would be better if I re-enter academics and gain a doc degree. I know I can become a great researcher and I have the academic background and innate intelligence to excel in the future as I've done so in the past.

Well, whatever.

Anyway, thanks.

I've already put in 8 or 9 hours of study today. I'll study some more before relaxing. I'm coming back into top academic form as in the past. I'm thrilled. I won't be here too long.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Some dinner and then back to study. Bye. Later.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
People just can't post enough about themselves on Facebook fast enough.
rabbee: well i do not usually, post a lot on facebook. but it is almost always, about G-D when i do. not like that should surprise anyone. i have even occasionally posted, on tovia singer, and tamar yonah's pages. and even on arutz sheva, and other jewish journals somewhat.

i would rather talk about TheG-D, i am not disappointed in rather than the me i am. and sure wished, i could take back a lot of things i actually said! to G-D. not really so proud of my most highly intellectual, really stupid moment in the presence with G-D. but you can't stop what you actually are thinking, from coming out. and i was so! totally unprepared for that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i do not usually, post a lot on facebook. but it is almost always, about G-D when i do. not like that should surprise anyone. i have even occasionally posted, on tovia singer, and tamar yonah's pages. and even on arutz sheva, and other jewish journals somewhat.
i would rather talk about TheG-D, i am not disappointed in rather than the me i am. and sure wished, i could take back a lot of things i actually said! to G-D. not really so proud of my most highly intellectual, really stupid moment in the presence with G-D. but you can't stop what you actually are thinking, from coming out. and i was so! totally unprepared for that.
Well, our free press already uncovered the screenname of the NSA leaker.

Snowden Wrote 700-Plus Posts on Chat Boards About Everything From Government to Girls
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/0...

"....Snowden's comments on the tech website were discovered by Anthony DeRosa after Reuters reported that the now-famous leaker had previously used the online handle "The True HOOHA" on an anime site. From there, it wasn't exactly a leap to his Ars username of "TheTrueHOOHA."... "

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: High Country Collision Specialist Thu Jeff 1
Hall retires from magistrate judge post (Dec '10) Jul 22 Jim Spainhower 9
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Jul 22 Duh 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Jul 13 troll 23
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn Jul 13 mar bear 2
Lawsuit filed in federal court alleges murder c... Jul 3 RobertJose 1
Passion fruit: Sweet, tasty watermelon may be h... (Jul '08) Jun '14 Carroll 16
•••
•••