Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,190
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53373 May 27, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Bye, retard.
He wants a handsome boy to f..., I guess.
(smiles)
Frijoles has his "wife"/boy.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53375 May 27, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Yes, but they have poor logical skills and lack a sound grasp of the basics in math and science without which higher studies in scientific disciplines cannot be undertaken and if undertaken it would be a sham. Besides, they've got their degrees from ordinary and nondescript colleges/universities where the academic and intellectual standards are inferior. All this is clearly evident in them.
Anyway.
It is a fact that all standards are not the same.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#53376 May 27, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Analytical methods apply to both fields of study - Lit and History - and language as a medium of thought and communication is common to both.
So, there are overlaps.
Anyway, in order to understand the civilizations mentioned in the bible, one first needs to read it like a story or a literary piece of work before attempting to verify any of its claims referring to places, personalities, monuments, tombs, customs, etc.
So, I don't see much of a contradiction.
When I studied Shakespeare in school as part of English Lit, we read through most of his important works and analyzed them through the lens of language appreciation but later we also made a study of the history found in it as part of the English Literature project. Julius Cesar is one such example.
Thats a proper education!

The only problem is that Hughbe would reject that approach as well. He is a literalist.

Location hidden

#53378 May 27, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
All of it is not false.
Biblical narratives dealing with religious personages, places, climate, geography, battles fought, customs, families, clans, kings, dwelling places and the like are part of religious history.
Metaphysics found in bible is beyond the scope of science or history.
Formal history taught in academic institutions invariably deals with highly selective phases of human history and here too the conclusions drawn are, on many occasions, based on the most flimsy scraps of evidence and then they build up a tall hypothesis, make misleading surmises or digress a lot from the actual event. It's a highly incomplete subject like any other.
All true. But Hughbe would disagree with all of that.

Location hidden

#53379 May 27, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
By Bible do you mean NT or the Tanakh?
Whatever, much of the narratives in both books is historical and we often read about new archeological finds that corroborate its claims - nations, important people, customary practices, tombs, etc, have been verified by archeological evidence.
Noted historians like Sir William Ramsay, historian A N Sherwin and others accept large parts of biblical history as true.
The metaphysical aspects cannot be verified.
Bible is a Christian term - it refers to either NT or OT or both.

Location hidden

#53380 May 27, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid if you think that the history taught in schools and universities is 100 % correct and complete. LOL.
"There are many more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5.
I doubt if you've studied Shakespeare in school or elsewhere considering the poor command over English (vocab, presentation and grammar) that you have.
Hey dumbo,

I am not disagreeing with you. If you would even try to follow what the basic argument here you would note that.

Location hidden

#53381 May 27, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Judaism is a RELIGION it is NOT a TRIBE and it has NEVER been a TRIBE. There are no TRIBES called Judaism.
Frijoles---Judaism is a tribal religion.
HughBe--- Let me explain your words to YOU. Being a TRIBAL religion does NOT make it a TRIBE, Einstein. It means that the religion BELONGS to the TRIBE.
HughBe---Explain the nation of Israel concept that you speak of.
Frijoles--- It is only intended for a group of people.
HughBe--- Noted. Support.
Frijoles---Its tied to a homeland, has a special language, and its own sacred history.
HughBe--- So what? What language is the special one that you talk of? Is French special? How many languages are there in the world?
How many of them are special?
Again, explain the nation of Israel concept. You have not so as yet.
Frijoles---Jews call themselves "a people".
HughBe--- So do Americans wherever they are in the world.
Frijoles---And there are patterns of descent that depend on lineaty
HughBe The pattern of descent and linearity is all about RACE and NOT a religion called Judaism.
There is no descent in JUDAISM.
Whatever

moving on...

“Love comes in every shade”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#53382 May 27, 2013
lot of misinformation ere

Location hidden

#53383 May 27, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles-- personally I dont accept that megillah(Esther) as history.
HughBe--- List the reasons why that is so.
Frijoles---Because I see it as LITERATURE, not HISTORY
HughBe--- So, you see it as literature and in your IGNORANT world history is not literature. I see.
HughBe---Do you celebrate Purim?
Frijoles---I do celebrate Purim
HughBe---Given that the story of Esther is FICTIONAL and not HISTORICAL what justification is there for you to celebrate it?
Why do you and members of Judaism CELEBRATE a LIE.
Are the sheep told that Esther did NOT happen it is just a fable?
Your celebration makes no sense but then again very little of what you believe do.
Do you read the book of Esther online?
Because we dont need to accept it as literally true in the historical sense to get meaning out of it (second time)

you are truely an idiot

moving on

Location hidden

#53384 May 27, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Again is Esther found in Books?
Do YOU study Esther from a scroll at home?
How old is your scroll?
I made no mention of the Old Testament.
No, I only read in the synagogue.

I am only speaking from my experience

Since it is me, that we are speaking with, my experience is valid

Mdaver?

Location hidden

#53385 May 27, 2013
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/holidays/Jewi...

The Scroll of Esther, known as the Megillah, is chanted in the synagogue on the eve of Purim and again the next morning.

It is the last of the five scrolls that form part of the third division of the Bible, known as the Ketuvim, or Writings.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53386 May 27, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Former---There are those items whose evidence I choose to accept as do most folks.
HughBe--- In other words YOU do no VERIFICATION as you previously claimed. Instead you accept by FAITH.
Not faith as there is ample evidence for historical events.

Ever been to a museum? You may not have them in your land of weed and coffee.
HughBe wrote:
Former--And then there are stories devoid of evidence (like your god) that I choose to reject.
HughBe--- Give me YOUR evidence for space travel and Columbus.
Are you admitting you have no evidence for your god?

I accept you apology and unconditional surrender.

For your punishment, you will serve as my personal butler for 6 months. Now go head and answer the door please.
HughBe wrote:
Former--To each his own my friend.
HughBe--- Correct, you put down things that you do not believe on the basis that there in no evidence and yet you embrace things without evidence perhaps because it makes you feel special.
I do not try to put down the beliefs of others - only those who are rude and over-bearing on the subject. Such as yourself. All due respect mon of course.

Remember, it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
HughBe wrote:
Former---I was using the library/Dewey Decimal definition. We were all raised on that system here in the US.(Not the Huggybear system..)
HughBe--- All should seek to improve. I have given you the better system. Use it.
All of our great libraries are based on Dewey Decimal.

Your world of muddled thinking and cognitive sloth is based on your own sad little belief system of homophobia and allowing others to do your thinking for you. Those who came before you.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe --In Jamaica it would be in the RELIGIOUS section. Does that tell you that religion is FICTION?
HughBe--- But is religion FICTION? The rituals etc. that are performed in churches, synagogues and mosques are they REAL or FICTIONAL?
Former--if you look at the definition of religion:
"(1): the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices"
It sounds more like personal philosophy than anything else.
HughBe--- It has PRACTICE as well.
Practice does not perfect, it makes permanent.

Practice is only positive if that which is being practiced is correct and true.

And note that religious practice is based on religious beliefs/faith.

Again, nothing about facts or reality. It exist solely in your minds.
HughBe wrote:
Former---Not so much about facts or reality.
HughBe--- The things DONE are REAL. They are NOT philosophy.
You have not one shred of evidence to support this statement.

It lives only in your mind.

Why do you reject the concept of faith?

Why do you claim evidence when there is none?
HughBe wrote:
Former---So you are not infallible.
HughBe--- Mere man and yet a god among men.
A legend in your own mind.

The same place where your god exists. The only place where he exists.

xxoo

Location hidden

#53387 May 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Bible is a Christian term - it refers to either NT or OT or both.
So, according to you the Christian Bible (OT and NT) is false history, while the Tanakh is factual - is this what you're suggesting?

Location hidden

#53388 May 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

All true. But Hughbe would disagree with all of that.
The problem with Hugh is that he's neither intellectually nor linguistically sophisticated and so he flounders on many occasions and makes a bad presentation of his beliefs.

I am sure that Hugh has the minimal analytical capacities to understand to some extent the difference between figurative and factual.

Location hidden

#53389 May 27, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you admitting you have no evidence for your god?
Hey semi-educated idiot,

By the word God is meant a state of consciousness with its innate energy content.

Fool, do you have any physical evidence of mind, thoughts, subconscious, feelings, consciousness, doubts and other subtle aspects of existence?

Location hidden

#53390 May 27, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

For your punishment, you will serve as my personal butler for 6 months.

Now go head and answer the door please.
LMAO.

You're talking about a butler?

Frankly, you have the personality and intellect of a butler.

This impoverished fool saves up for months to fly economy class to some foreign destination where he stays in cheap hotels and travels public transport.

LOL.

Location hidden

#53391 May 27, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Practice does not perfect, it makes permanent.
LOL.

So, the faculty or capacity developed from a state of latency or underdevelopment remains the same all throughout without diminution or atrophy? LOL.

There are fluctuations in a particular faculty leading to ultimate collapse despite our best efforts at maintaining it intact.

Mental alertness, sense faculties, body building, somersaulting, walking, running, painting, singing and other faculties peak within the innate capacity limits of the concerned person provided they are worked upon by employing the correct training methods of arousing them and they then begin flagging as time passes by and as age or weakness of any kind sets in. This is always the case.
former res wrote:
Practice is only positive if that which is being practiced is correct and true.
To believe that insentience can give rise to sentience and to assume that random and blind forces can ever produce order are the biggest stupidities that can be made by people - you're a prime example of big time stupidity.

Obviously, we can develop only those capacities that we possess and the way they develop or manifest from a state of latency depends on correct training methods.

There's nothing like true and correct - well developed muscles can be used to lift heavy loads as well as to bash up an enemy, a knife can be used to chop veggies as well as to murder and the cultivation of a keen mind can lead to deeper insights of nature and being and at the same time a well developed mind can create evils like nukes, germ warfare, mind control, robberies, computer viruses and the like.

This list of the dual nature of things can stretch on endlessly.

The bottom line is this - there's nothing rigidly good or rigidly bad but that everything has good and bad aspects in it that would depend on the way a thing is employed or better put the utility of a thing is dependent on the use it is put to.

Get it, dunce?

Location hidden

#53392 May 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Thats a proper education!
You're stealing all my ideas and passing them off as your own or agreeing with my ideas/logic when you see your claims defeated in the course of debate.

Do you think you're educated?

Anyway,....
Frijoles wrote:
The only problem is that Hughbe would reject that approach as well. He is a literalist.
Yes, he's a fanatic and a creationist but you too are no less fanatical and ignorant - are your puerile religious beliefs based on facts or stupidities?

(smiles)

Location hidden

#53393 May 27, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles has his "wife"/boy.
His lives with his boyfriend.

It doesn't matter as long as he's happy.

Location hidden

#53394 May 27, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

It is a fact that all standards are not the same.
LMAO.

Yes, the highly educated American posters here are seriously deficient in math skills, physics/chem basics and deep reasoning.

Whatever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:10 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:10PM
Rookie Thomas becomes 4th Cardinals QB of season - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 9:56 PM
Peyton Manning fully participates in practice
Bleacher Report12:18 AM
How Ronnie Hillman Can Spark Broncos Offense Heading into Playoffs
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:50 AM
Logan Thomas settles down after shaky start to practice