Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,185
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#53001 May 22, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
True, bad grammar on my part.
So you do not wash meat because you think that the us government is inspecting it for you?
Nah - You didnt do anything wrong. That IS the expression - I was just pointing out how it really makes no sense

Washing meat is not complete. There are some really nasty stuff that needs to get quashed closer to the supply chain for eradication to be effective.

Furthermore, washing meat does not promote preventative actions on behalf of the suppliers, which is 100 times more efficient.

Location hidden

#53002 May 22, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And? You dont think this is true?
You are naive.
No I dont think the government controls the weather. Hell, they cant even fund the NWS properly to PREDICT the weather.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53003 May 22, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no benefit through taxes paid through force, at least I dont see any.
You think people would just naturally pay their share voluntarily?

You have a vivid imagination.

Taxes on the honor system! Sounds wonderful. Where do I sign up?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53004 May 22, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there competition for water/sewer service? or is that a monopoly?
Dont fault me for having no choice on who provides the service.
But I am not free loading any services because that is what you were stating earlier.
My mother is still working, she doesn't receive a government check.
Do you see what happens when governments stay out and dont set up monopolies?
Look how price competitive cell phone service is.
Until recently there was monopoly on phone service electric etc.

Are you saying you should have rec'd those service for free simply because you had no choice?

I know seniors who are not bums but rely heavily on their gov't checks. Is that ok? And Medicare. Is it ok for seniors who couldn't otherwise afford healthcare due to the price gouging in the private sector?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53005 May 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
....Please explain how YOU can vote for X and Y wins and yet in your world you ELECTED or CHOSE Y. How many times do you vote in the same elections?
Some of us support our system of gov't.

Even though I never voted for GW Bush, didn't support his wars, thought he and Cheney, Rumsfeld were probably war criminals - I never doubted the legitimacy of his presidency.(Supreme Court decision aside.)

I never questioned his religion or his country of origin ether. Or whether he has loyal, patriotic American.

Unlike those here who hate President Blackenstien (credit to Bill Maher) personally mostly because he's black, IMO.

W was our duly elected president and he represented us all at home and around the world. Idiot that he was and is.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53006 May 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--Come and visit, we have a mix of roads including highways.
Frojoles---and you hate gay people
HughBe--- Lunatic fringe,what is the link between my invitation to Former to come to Jamaica and see our roads and your GAY people ejaculation?
That's why it was funny.

'Cause it was just for the hell of it?

You dig?!
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I am aware I do NOT HATE anybody or any group. I am one witness to these words and God Almighty is the other witness.
To call wrong wrong does not equate to HATING any person or group.
It clearly equates to homophobia any way you look at it.

So let's not split hairs (even kinky ones!).

To refer to WHO SOMEONE IS as "wrong" is clearly wrong and hateful.

Hiding behind your supposed god/religion is a bullshxt excuse.

Man up.

Remember Huggy, being gay is no more a choice than you're being black. It's not a behavior. It's who and what these folks are.

Get it? Good.

CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#53007 May 22, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though I never voted for GW Bush, didn't support his wars, thought he and Cheney, Rumsfeld were probably war criminals - I never doubted the legitimacy of his presidency.(Supreme Court decision aside.)
I never questioned his religion or his country of origin ether. Or whether he has loyal, patriotic American.
Unlike those here who hate President Blackenstien (credit to Bill Maher) personally mostly because he's black, IMO.
W was our duly elected president and he represented us all at home and around the world. Idiot that he was and is.
Difference is that Bush destroyed America's image as protector. The US have done many dubious things throughout history (covert operations, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Mujahadeen etc etc the list goes on). But the reputation as the protector of the weak and defender of the righteous was still in tact until GW Bush's presidency.

Now America is considered an antagonistic element in an already politically sensitive gloabl arena.

The one thing you should thank Obama for is giving the US some credibility again on the world stage.

But, the world also saw how Americans reacted to having a black man in the white house and it wasn't pretty. The accusations of terrorism, islamic fundamentalism, that he hates whites, that he hates christianity and wants to destroy america were shocking to a world who has been told that democratic elections are the only path to societal order.

But we saw thousands of Americans saying that they wanted to secede from the United States rather than be presided over by this democratically elected black man.

As a sociologist it was very interesting to watch.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53008 May 22, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference is that Bush destroyed America's image as protector. The US have done many dubious things throughout history (covert operations, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Mujahadeen etc etc the list goes on). But the reputation as the protector of the weak and defender of the righteous was still in tact until GW Bush's presidency.
Now America is considered an antagonistic element in an already politically sensitive gloabl arena.
The one thing you should thank Obama for is giving the US some credibility again on the world stage.
But, the world also saw how Americans reacted to having a black man in the white house and it wasn't pretty. The accusations of terrorism, islamic fundamentalism, that he hates whites, that he hates christianity and wants to destroy america were shocking to a world who has been told that democratic elections are the only path to societal order.
But we saw thousands of Americans saying that they wanted to secede from the United States rather than be presided over by this democratically elected black man.
As a sociologist it was very interesting to watch.
I generally agree.

Though I think Obama has done much more than help to restore our standing on the world stage.(The improving economy, healthcare, taxes etc.)

The right spoke of his "apology tour." Of course he never actually apologized for anything though the previous 8 years were indeed regrettable for our nation. W was an embarrassment for sure, considered a dangerous man by many of our partners.)

The US is arrogant and oil crazy. We have no right to the world's supply of oil but we don't seem to know that. But as long as we continue to allow big oil to craft our energy policy...

But very true, racism is alive and well. No doubt about it.

In parts of the Middle East, they'll kill you if you're the wrong sect of the same religion.....

Here the tea party is born because of the first black president. The signs say "Take back the country." Where was the tea party while W was doubling the debt?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#53009 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

You call him as your Papa.

Is that the way a son addressees his Papa?
Frijoles is funny and quite loving at times but on the other hand he's too unintelligent, too fanatical, too unjust, too unclassy and too materially impoverished and so the deeper compatibility between us was missing.

In a way it's good that this dad-son relationship has ended between Frijoles and me.

When ya comin' down to India, MUQ?

Good luck to you and your family.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53010 May 22, 2013
Wolf Blitzer put his foot in his mouth for a moment on Tuesday while interviewing a survivor of the devastating tornado in Moore, Okla.

"We're happy you're here. You guys did a great job," Blitzer said to Rebecca Vitsmun, who escaped from her house with her 19-month-old son right before the twister tore through it. "You've gotta thank the Lord, right? Do you thank the Lord for that split-second decision?"

Vitsmun hesitates for a moment and smiles. "I -- I'm actually an atheist," she said, laughing off the awkward moment.

"You are. All right. But you made the right call," Blitzer said.

"We are here, and I don't blame anyone for thanking the Lord," Vitsmun said.

Though she handled the situation graciously, Blitzer would be well-advised not to assume that every interview subject believes in God. After all, America experienced a 13 percent drop in religiosity between 2005 and 2012, according to a WIN-Gallup poll published last year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21/wolf...

Location hidden

#53011 May 22, 2013
typo -

and so the deeper compatibility between us IS missing.
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#53012 May 22, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I generally agree.
Though I think Obama has done much more than help to restore our standing on the world stage.(The improving economy, healthcare, taxes etc.)
The right spoke of his "apology tour." Of course he never actually apologized for anything though the previous 8 years were indeed regrettable for our nation. W was an embarrassment for sure, considered a dangerous man by many of our partners.)
The US is arrogant and oil crazy. We have no right to the world's supply of oil but we don't seem to know that. But as long as we continue to allow big oil to craft our energy policy...
But very true, racism is alive and well. No doubt about it.
In parts of the Middle East, they'll kill you if you're the wrong sect of the same religion.....
Here the tea party is born because of the first black president. The signs say "Take back the country." Where was the tea party while W was doubling the debt?
Its unfortunate that the media loves to interview these right wing fanatics.

Anyone of moderate intelleigence knows that the USA is full of free thinking, globally aware, politically righteous individuals who understanding that the US isn't always right when it comes to domestic and foreign policy.

But the only Americans we see being interviewed on UK TV are these hardline nationalist loons who seem to mention God or the Bible in every sentence have a hard time believing that a half-African half-American can have America's best interests at heart.

Its truly saddening after seeing the disaster of GW Bush's presidency.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#53013 May 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
ONE GOD AMONG MANY GODS:
1) Jews believe there's one God among many.
2) This means that among the numerous competing beings or deities they choose one and began worshipping it as God.
3) Of course, the Hebrews borrowed their God and most of their beliefs from the barbaric Baal worshipping cultures that pre-date Judaism.
4) El, with its etymological variant Allah, is a savage Baal. YHVH is a form of El.
LOL.
Jews don't believe there is one god among many. They believe that exist only one god - YHVH.

It's YHVH that implicitly suggested there are other gods besides him.

The Jews have ignored that but at the same time they pretend they follow what YHVH says.

Location hidden

#53014 May 22, 2013
This so-called angel who supposedly appeared to Muhammad never claimed to be Gabriel! This came later on. His uncle Waraqa said it was Gabriel, not Muhammad. Why didn't Gabriel mention his name to Muhammad? Again, how come Gabriel told Muhammad to read when he was illiterate? Waraqa, a so-called Christian, is wrong too, because Gabriel never appeared to Moses. Even the Quran says that Allah appeared to Moses. LOL.

Location hidden

#53015 May 22, 2013
MUHAMMAD'S REVELATIONS ACCOMPANIED BY ADVERSE MANIFESTATIONS:

1) After a spell of shivering and shutting his eyes, there used to come over Muhammad what resembled a swoon, HIS MOUTH WOULD FOAM, AND HE WOULD ROAR LIKE A YOUNG CAMEL.

2) Umar ibnu'l Khattab says: "When inspiration descended on the Apostle of Allah, there used to be heard near his face as it were the buzzing of bees."

("Mizanu'l Haqq" by C.G. Pfander D.D., pp. 345-356)

COMMENTS: Signs of a malevolent vital being (El or Allah) possessing Muhammad. The basis of Islam is evil. Same for Judaism.

Location hidden

#53016 May 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Jews don't believe there is one god among many. They believe that exist only one god - YHVH.

It's YHVH that implicitly suggested there are other gods besides him.

The Jews have ignored that but at the same time they pretend they follow what YHVH says.
Yes.

Location hidden

#53018 May 22, 2013
former res wrote:
Wolf Blitzer put his foot in his mouth for a moment on Tuesday while interviewing a survivor of the devastating tornado in Moore, Okla.
"We're happy you're here. You guys did a great job," Blitzer said to Rebecca Vitsmun, who escaped from her house with her 19-month-old son right before the twister tore through it. "You've gotta thank the Lord, right? Do you thank the Lord for that split-second decision?"
Vitsmun hesitates for a moment and smiles. "I -- I'm actually an atheist," she said, laughing off the awkward moment.
"You are. All right. But you made the right call," Blitzer said.
"We are here, and I don't blame anyone for thanking the Lord," Vitsmun said.
Though she handled the situation graciously, Blitzer would be well-advised not to assume that every interview subject believes in God. After all, America experienced a 13 percent drop in religiosity between 2005 and 2012, according to a WIN-Gallup poll published last year.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21/wolf...
chuckle

Location hidden

#53019 May 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles is funny and quite loving at times but on the other hand he's too unintelligent, too fanatical, too unjust, too unclassy and too materially impoverished and so the deeper compatibility between us was missing.
In a way it's good that this dad-son relationship has ended between Frijoles and me.
When ya comin' down to India, MUQ?
Good luck to you and your family.
relationship implies two people.

Location hidden

#53020 May 22, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I really dont get why Huggy doesnt get this

Usually when he goes down a road like this, there is another point he is trying to push but too ball-less to state it. I have no idea what that point might be.

Location hidden

#53021 May 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

relationship implies two people.
Whatever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:21 pm PST

NFL 1:21PM