Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,356)

Showing posts 47,101 - 47,120 of65,124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Legally frivolous?
LOL.
Yes, that's true only within the framework of the existing laws that however leaves much unsaid and that're far from comprehensive, far from being unprejudiced and far from perfect.
There's scope for better interpretation and application of existing laws and there is a need to frame better laws and to do away with redundant and flawed laws and there is also a need to review disputed judicial pronouncements.
Besides, pressure applied on the judiciary from various lobbies with vested interests, questionable appointment of judges to top judicial bodies ought to be reviewed and the independence of the judiciary from the legislature and executive should be ensured.
The justice systems in the world are far from perfect.
Then get an American law degree and you can join the foray. Until then, you are just blowing smoke.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Highly questionable claim.
Then question it. Who is stopping you? Just be specific and dont spam us.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
By that logic, you probably think abortion is still illegal.
Roe vs Wade was just some guys in robes making stuff up?
Do you know it was the Supreme Court that decided the 2nd Amendment applied to everyone, not just militias (as stated in the Constitution)?:
"Nor is the right involved in this discussion less comprehensive or valuable: "The right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed." The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree; and all this for the important end to be attained: the rearing up and qualifying a well-regulated militia, so vitally necessary to the security of a free State.."
No roe v wade is not about ratification if an amendment.
I didn't need the supreme court to tell me that the 2nd is an individual right, it's quite obvious.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

It appears that you are having a problem understanding the word "interpreting", as in "interpreting the laws"
What?

Does your fuddled mind know what it's typing?

If I take on you in a serious manner, I'll blow away all your miseducated and superficial logic in minutes.

Ok, then.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to repeat myself, but:
Sixteenth Amendment ratification arguments have been rejected in every court case where they have been raised and have been identified as legally frivolous.[3]
All done.
Next...
And the sky is purple today
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts interpret the law. Noone else is tasked with this. Certainly not you.
If you dont recognize the courts, besides from being UnAmerican, you are a certified member of the fringe. Therefore, you have no standing to discuss anything of legal import.
Was not asking for interpreting law, read it again.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Aggression has its place.
It's not a matter of "believing in" it like a religion. Like love, hate, fear - it's part of the human experience.
Not too many people can afford brain surgery (for example) so we all pay a little bit every month so that the funds are there when we need them. You would call this collectivism. I call it something that seems to work.
You don't mind paying the gas tax? Why or why not?
Use taxes are ok?
Of course an individual in a free market can do it better and cheaper than government, no problem with services just have a problem with how they are funded, by the gun.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Does your fuddled mind know what it's typing?
If I take on you in a serious manner, I'll blow away all your miseducated and superficial logic in minutes.
Ok, then.
Oh stop with arrogant BS already.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Was not asking for interpreting law, read it again.
The question is whose interpretation of the law do we follow? The courts or yours?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts interpret the law. Noone else is tasked with this. Certainly not you.
If you dont recognize the courts, besides from being UnAmerican, you are a certified member of the fringe. Therefore, you have no standing to discuss anything of legal import.
It's not about recognizing the courts, it's about ratification.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is whose interpretation of the law do we follow? The courts or yours?
It's not about interpreting law, boy are you dense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about recognizing the courts, it's about ratification.
Nope

To quite the wise FR

"Sixteenth Amendment ratification arguments have been rejected in every court case where they have been raised and have been identified as legally frivolous.[3]"

Like I said, you can live out of the legal fringe, but dont expect us to buy into that

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about interpreting law, boy are you dense.
see above post

who is being dense, now?

:)
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
To quite the wise FR
"Sixteenth Amendment ratification arguments have been rejected in every court case where they have been raised and have been identified as legally frivolous.[3]"
Like I said, you can live out of the legal fringe, but dont expect us to buy into that
That's cute but that doesn't change the facts and if you are a believer of the nation of laws you can not pick and choose laws that skirt the process.
So are you of the opinion that judicial OPINIONS mean everything?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
see above post
who is being dense, now?
:)
You won't get away with that, please post case cites with findings of facts and conclusions of law.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

For how many positive integral values of n does n! end with precisely 25 zeroes?
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No roe v wade is not about ratification if an amendment.
I didn't need the supreme court to tell me that the 2nd is an individual right, it's quite obvious.
The issue here is not the issue, it's the authority of the
Supreme Court. You either recognize it or you don't. The test for that is when you disagree with their decision, not when you agree.

They were needed to clarify the intent of the 2nd.

Many still think it only pertains to a "well regulated
militia."

Like you, they choose not to recognize the authority of the
Court.(Though you appear to recognize it when you agree with their decision, much like a fair weather friend.)
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And the sky is purple today
So you suffer from hallucinations (senses) as well as delusions (thought).
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course an individual in a free market can do it better and cheaper than government, no problem with services just have a problem with how they are funded, by the gun.
I don't get the "of course" part.

Medicare has the lowest cost and highest satisfaction rate of any health insurance plan.

What private company could deliver a letter across the country for less than a dollar?(note that adding 30 cents or so to the cost of mailing a letter would solve the Postal Service's fiscal ills. They should do it now. No private company can touch that price.)
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue here is not the issue, it's the authority of the
Supreme Court. You either recognize it or you don't. The test for that is when you disagree with their decision, not when you agree.
They were needed to clarify the intent of the 2nd.
Many still think it only pertains to a "well regulated
militia."
Like you, they choose not to recognize the authority of the
Court.(Though you appear to recognize it when you agree with their decision, much like a fair weather friend.)
It has always been an individual right the argument is purely political.

If you want to stick to interpreting, the supreme court stated that the 16th amendment gave congress no new taxing power.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 47,101 - 47,120 of65,124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Community education classes continue in April Fri Carrie Nation 2
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Thu Joe 221
No charges yet in deadly shooting (May '11) Apr 17 Silver 11
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Apr 17 Silver 43
New Mexico to receive new veterans cemeteries Apr 16 all well 1
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... Apr 5 Jackie 1
Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr 4 Peon 16
•••
•••