Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,484
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52492 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course an individual in a free market can do it better and cheaper than government, no problem with services just have a problem with how they are funded, by the gun.
I don't get the "of course" part.

Medicare has the lowest cost and highest satisfaction rate of any health insurance plan.

What private company could deliver a letter across the country for less than a dollar?(note that adding 30 cents or so to the cost of mailing a letter would solve the Postal Service's fiscal ills. They should do it now. No private company can touch that price.)
Voluntarist

United States

#52493 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue here is not the issue, it's the authority of the
Supreme Court. You either recognize it or you don't. The test for that is when you disagree with their decision, not when you agree.
They were needed to clarify the intent of the 2nd.
Many still think it only pertains to a "well regulated
militia."
Like you, they choose not to recognize the authority of the
Court.(Though you appear to recognize it when you agree with their decision, much like a fair weather friend.)
It has always been an individual right the argument is purely political.

If you want to stick to interpreting, the supreme court stated that the 16th amendment gave congress no new taxing power.
Voluntarist

United States

#52494 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the "of course" part.
Medicare has the lowest cost and highest satisfaction rate of any health insurance plan.
What private company could deliver a letter across the country for less than a dollar?(note that adding 30 cents or so to the cost of mailing a letter would solve the Postal Service's fiscal ills. They should do it now. No private company can touch that price.)
Well the government has the monopoly on 1st class mail, you will never know.

Does Medicare have predetermined fixed payouts?
Is it subsidized?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52495 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cute but that doesn't change the facts and if you are a believer of the nation of laws you can not pick and choose laws that skirt the process.
It seems you're the one who only wants to follow CERTAIN laws that you happen to agree with.
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you of the opinion that judicial OPINIONS mean everything?
You've seriously never heard of common law or case law. This provides us with much of the law of the land:

Common law, also known as case law or precedent, is law developed by judges through decisions of courts and similar tribunals,[1] as opposed to Civil (Codified/Continental) Law set on statutes adopted through the legislative/parliamentary process and/or regulations issued by the executive branch on base of the parliamentary statutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law
Voluntarist

United States

#52496 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So you suffer from hallucinations (senses) as well as delusions (thought).
Whether an amendment is ratified or not is not up to interpretation, it either is or isn't.

That makes you the delusional one.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52497 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It has always been an individual right the argument is purely political...
Much like your opposition to the income tax.

Pure posturing.

You never answered me on the gas tax.

You agree with use/consumption taxes vs income tax?(Despite their regressive nature..)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52498 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether an amendment is ratified or not is not up to interpretation, it either is or isn't.
That makes you the delusional one.
You're saying you don't recognize the authority and validity of the Supreme Court.

I will remind you of this next time you cite them as an authority.

You can't be a fair weather American.

Love it or leave it, punk!!
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52499 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the government has the monopoly on 1st class mail, you will never know.
Does Medicare have predetermined fixed payouts?
Is it subsidized?
1% overhead.

No private company can match that.

Every ins has limits on coverage.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52501 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue here is not the issue, it's the authority of the
Supreme Court. You either recognize it or you don't. The test for that is when you disagree with their decision, not when you agree.
They were needed to clarify the intent of the 2nd.
Many still think it only pertains to a "well regulated
militia."
Like you, they choose not to recognize the authority of the
Court.(Though you appear to recognize it when you agree with their decision, much like a fair weather friend.)
Like I suggested before, ATF is "UnAmerican", and needs to be understood as such
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52502 May 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
To quite the wise FR
"Sixteenth Amendment ratification arguments have been rejected in every court case where they have been raised and have been identified as legally frivolous.[3]"
Like I said, you can live out of the legal fringe, but dont expect us to buy into that
Nice to know I'm remembered when not around!
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52503 May 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I suggested before, ATF is "UnAmerican", and needs to be understood as such
Maybe he's a Communist.

I think he should be investigated.

And maybe audited too.
Voluntarist

United States

#52504 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you're the one who only wants to follow CERTAIN laws that you happen to agree with.
<quoted text>
You've seriously never heard of common law or case law. This provides us with much of the law of the land:
Common law, also known as case law or precedent, is law developed by judges through decisions of courts and similar tribunals,[1] as opposed to Civil (Codified/Continental) Law set on statutes adopted through the legislative/parliamentary process and/or regulations issued by the executive branch on base of the parliamentary statutes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law
Case law states that the 16th amendment gave congress no new taxing authority.
Voluntarist

United States

#52505 May 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

You either agree with the system or not if you are going to enforce law you have to do so fully.

The 16th amendment was not properly ratified, as per the US constitution, that is not up for interpreting.
Voluntarist

United States

#52506 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like your opposition to the income tax.
Pure posturing.
You never answered me on the gas tax.
You agree with use/consumption taxes vs income tax?(Despite their regressive nature..)
One over the other but they would have to get rid of income tax first, and then you have the problem of bureaucracies.
Voluntarist

United States

#52508 May 15, 2013
Let me rephrase, a consumption tax at retail not one at every stage of the creating of a product, that is what is being proposed.
And you can't trust politicians to get rid of income tax.

The irs should be abolished.
Voluntarist

United States

#52509 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
1% overhead.
No private company can match that.
Every ins has limits on coverage.
That's not answering the question.

Is it subsidized
are the prices fixed?

Location hidden

#52510 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he's a Communist.
And maybe audited too.
I would hope they wouldnt waste their resources auditing a small time thief like him

But I am sure they are already tracking him, probably thru his cell phone, and possibly through the media jack in his PC as well, and definitely through his participation in Topix. Dont think for a minute any of us are invisible - our URLs are available to anyone with an ability to hack
Voluntarist

United States

#52511 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he's a Communist.
And maybe audited too.
The communist is in the Whitehouse

Location hidden

#52512 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You either agree with the system or not if you are going to enforce law you have to do so fully.
The 16th amendment was not properly ratified, as per the US constitution, that is not up for interpreting.
You are redefining the what the system is. To us Americans the system includes the court of laws.

You have more in common with Timothy McVeigh than any of us real American patriots.

Location hidden

#52513 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
Let me rephrase, a consumption tax at retail not one at every stage of the creating of a product, that is what is being proposed.
And you can't trust politicians to get rid of income tax.
The irs should be abolished.
Be nice it a consumption tax worked. Are you prepared to pay for your oxygen supply through pollution controls? There are many products you use that are hard to quantify but communally appropriated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) 23 hr Insect Trust 32
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 22 SALLY 44 46
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 20 Really 12
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Sep 18 I love the southwest 1
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7

Pinos Altos Jobs

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE