Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,188
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52476 May 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

It appears that you are having a problem understanding the word "interpreting", as in "interpreting the laws"
What?

Does your fuddled mind know what it's typing?

If I take on you in a serious manner, I'll blow away all your miseducated and superficial logic in minutes.

Ok, then.
Voluntarist

United States

#52477 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to repeat myself, but:
Sixteenth Amendment ratification arguments have been rejected in every court case where they have been raised and have been identified as legally frivolous.[3]
All done.
Next...
And the sky is purple today
Voluntarist

United States

#52478 May 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts interpret the law. Noone else is tasked with this. Certainly not you.
If you dont recognize the courts, besides from being UnAmerican, you are a certified member of the fringe. Therefore, you have no standing to discuss anything of legal import.
Was not asking for interpreting law, read it again.
Voluntarist

United States

#52479 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Aggression has its place.
It's not a matter of "believing in" it like a religion. Like love, hate, fear - it's part of the human experience.
Not too many people can afford brain surgery (for example) so we all pay a little bit every month so that the funds are there when we need them. You would call this collectivism. I call it something that seems to work.
You don't mind paying the gas tax? Why or why not?
Use taxes are ok?
Of course an individual in a free market can do it better and cheaper than government, no problem with services just have a problem with how they are funded, by the gun.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52480 May 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Does your fuddled mind know what it's typing?
If I take on you in a serious manner, I'll blow away all your miseducated and superficial logic in minutes.
Ok, then.
Oh stop with arrogant BS already.

Location hidden

#52481 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Was not asking for interpreting law, read it again.
The question is whose interpretation of the law do we follow? The courts or yours?
Voluntarist

United States

#52482 May 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts interpret the law. Noone else is tasked with this. Certainly not you.
If you dont recognize the courts, besides from being UnAmerican, you are a certified member of the fringe. Therefore, you have no standing to discuss anything of legal import.
It's not about recognizing the courts, it's about ratification.
Voluntarist

United States

#52483 May 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is whose interpretation of the law do we follow? The courts or yours?
It's not about interpreting law, boy are you dense.

Location hidden

#52485 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about recognizing the courts, it's about ratification.
Nope

To quite the wise FR

"Sixteenth Amendment ratification arguments have been rejected in every court case where they have been raised and have been identified as legally frivolous.[3]"

Like I said, you can live out of the legal fringe, but dont expect us to buy into that

Location hidden

#52486 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about interpreting law, boy are you dense.
see above post

who is being dense, now?

:)
Voluntarist

United States

#52487 May 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
To quite the wise FR
"Sixteenth Amendment ratification arguments have been rejected in every court case where they have been raised and have been identified as legally frivolous.[3]"
Like I said, you can live out of the legal fringe, but dont expect us to buy into that
That's cute but that doesn't change the facts and if you are a believer of the nation of laws you can not pick and choose laws that skirt the process.
So are you of the opinion that judicial OPINIONS mean everything?
Voluntarist

United States

#52488 May 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
see above post
who is being dense, now?
:)
You won't get away with that, please post case cites with findings of facts and conclusions of law.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52489 May 15, 2013
For how many positive integral values of n does n! end with precisely 25 zeroes?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52490 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No roe v wade is not about ratification if an amendment.
I didn't need the supreme court to tell me that the 2nd is an individual right, it's quite obvious.
The issue here is not the issue, it's the authority of the
Supreme Court. You either recognize it or you don't. The test for that is when you disagree with their decision, not when you agree.

They were needed to clarify the intent of the 2nd.

Many still think it only pertains to a "well regulated
militia."

Like you, they choose not to recognize the authority of the
Court.(Though you appear to recognize it when you agree with their decision, much like a fair weather friend.)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52491 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And the sky is purple today
So you suffer from hallucinations (senses) as well as delusions (thought).
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52492 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course an individual in a free market can do it better and cheaper than government, no problem with services just have a problem with how they are funded, by the gun.
I don't get the "of course" part.

Medicare has the lowest cost and highest satisfaction rate of any health insurance plan.

What private company could deliver a letter across the country for less than a dollar?(note that adding 30 cents or so to the cost of mailing a letter would solve the Postal Service's fiscal ills. They should do it now. No private company can touch that price.)
Voluntarist

United States

#52493 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue here is not the issue, it's the authority of the
Supreme Court. You either recognize it or you don't. The test for that is when you disagree with their decision, not when you agree.
They were needed to clarify the intent of the 2nd.
Many still think it only pertains to a "well regulated
militia."
Like you, they choose not to recognize the authority of the
Court.(Though you appear to recognize it when you agree with their decision, much like a fair weather friend.)
It has always been an individual right the argument is purely political.

If you want to stick to interpreting, the supreme court stated that the 16th amendment gave congress no new taxing power.
Voluntarist

United States

#52494 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the "of course" part.
Medicare has the lowest cost and highest satisfaction rate of any health insurance plan.
What private company could deliver a letter across the country for less than a dollar?(note that adding 30 cents or so to the cost of mailing a letter would solve the Postal Service's fiscal ills. They should do it now. No private company can touch that price.)
Well the government has the monopoly on 1st class mail, you will never know.

Does Medicare have predetermined fixed payouts?
Is it subsidized?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52495 May 15, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cute but that doesn't change the facts and if you are a believer of the nation of laws you can not pick and choose laws that skirt the process.
It seems you're the one who only wants to follow CERTAIN laws that you happen to agree with.
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you of the opinion that judicial OPINIONS mean everything?
You've seriously never heard of common law or case law. This provides us with much of the law of the land:

Common law, also known as case law or precedent, is law developed by judges through decisions of courts and similar tribunals,[1] as opposed to Civil (Codified/Continental) Law set on statutes adopted through the legislative/parliamentary process and/or regulations issued by the executive branch on base of the parliamentary statutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law
Voluntarist

United States

#52496 May 15, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So you suffer from hallucinations (senses) as well as delusions (thought).
Whether an amendment is ratified or not is not up to interpretation, it either is or isn't.

That makes you the delusional one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:06 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:06PM
Peyton: I Plan on Being Back in 2015
NBC Sports 3:10 PM
Rookie Thomas becomes 4th Cardinals QB of season - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 9:56 PM
Peyton Manning fully participates in practice
Bleacher Report12:18 AM
How Ronnie Hillman Can Spark Broncos Offense Heading into Playoffs
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?