Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71943 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52086 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gle aner/20110112/news/news3.html
TOURISM CARES, an international non-profit organisation, has announced six worldwide grants to preserve and enhance cultural and heritage sites, with Falmouth Heritage Renewal getting US$7,500 to repair the St Peter's Anglican Church.
----------
http://www.christianaid.org.uk/whatwedo/in-fo...
Jamaica: fighting HIV stigma in church
Christian Aid partner UTCWI are providing training for clergy and faith leaders like Reverend Henry, allowing them to both challenge and change the church's attitude to HIV from within.....
...In Jamaica, high levels of homophobia and ignorance about HIV mean that stigma and discrimination continue to hinder prevention and treatment.
Jamaican society is deeply religious and many Christian denominations exist in the majority Protestant congregations. In spite of their number and influence, the church-going population and church policy itself hasn't responded as well as it could to increasing numbers of people affected by HIV and AIDS.
GENIUS, we were talking about MAINTENANCE expenses in running churches in Jamaica.

FOCUS and THINK, for a change.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52087 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In YOUR post 52052 YOU said "so I guess we are moving on"
A few post later on the same page or NOW you say, "what are you talking about? How does that link in to any of the previous discussion that I had participated in?"
Question, is that your idea of moving on? You are now asking about the SAME things.
Are you getting SENILE or is it that you are just plain STUPID?
Go back and read the flow.
Dont shoot me - I am not the one who keeps quoting scripture for no apparent reason

Location hidden

#52088 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
GENIUS, we were talking about MAINTENANCE expenses in running churches in Jamaica.
FOCUS and THINK, for a change.
I believe you said something about outside orgs not supporting churches. Scroll back. Dont be a charity case.

Location hidden

#52089 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1993?
How does that relate to "infrastructure maintenance costs"?
What is your PRIVATE definition of MAINTENANCE?
I take it that in the US construction work is classified as MAINTENANCE but not in Jamaica.
Frijoles---Living in Jamaica you dont have the infrastructure maintenance costs, and plus your standard and cost of living is amazingly low.
HughBe--- List the items that you call, "infrastructure maintenance costs" (STILL WAITING, Frijoles)
Do you think that we have service in trees?.
HughBe---If you believe that churches here survive because of aid from the US feel free. Your argument is nonsensical.
Thats wasnt the only thing I mentioned. YOU decided to limit it, not me.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have said is NOT applicable to the vast majority of Churches and I would seriously doubt that it is applicable to any church. I have NEVER been to a church which receives outside aid in order to function.
YOU talk too much BS. Aid to the poor is far different from financing churches. YOU are an ASS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52090 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont shoot me - I am not the one who keeps quoting scripture for no apparent reason
I would never shoot you, Frijoles. You are in need of forgiveness and pity.

Recall, you said you were moving on and then almost immediately you seek to reengage the matter.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52091 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you said something about outside orgs not supporting churches. Scroll back. Dont be a charity case.
We were talking about costs associated with OPERATING churches in Jamaica. Recall the LIST that I have REPEATEDLY asked you for?

Essentially, YOU foolishly said that Jamaican churches have nothing to worry about because the US gives aid for the running of the churches.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52092 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Living in Jamaica you dont have the infrastructure maintenance costs, and plus your standard and cost of living is amazingly low.

HughBe--- List the items that you call, "infrastructure maintenance costs" (STILL WAITING, Frijoles)
Do you think that we have service in trees?.

HughBe---If you believe that churches here survive because of aid from the US feel free. Your argument is nonsensical.

Frijoles---Thats wasnt the only thing I mentioned

HughBe--- Share the other important things.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52093 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Please answer this, What is your PRIVATE definition of MAINTENANCE?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52094 May 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Thats wasnt the only thing I mentioned.

HughBe--- Help is provided below. List the items that you mentioned in YOUR first post 51981 page 2334

Dont pretend you are holier than sht. Houses of worships are often much more than just hovels that provide prayer space.

Living in Jamaica you dont have the infrastructure maintenance costs, and plus your standard and cost of living is amazingly low. Plus your churches probably dont have social service components. heck you probably RECEIVE aid. Therefore you probably dont have to be concerned with raising revenue to keep your organizations like we do in the states.
JOEL

Thane, India

#52095 May 8, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

I see that i struck a chord, your kind always sticks together, is that why you are always calling eachother brothers?

Is your over achievement a sign of something else lacking in your life? probably so.

I would hypothesize that you are an over eater, when you dont have frank in your mouth you compensate with food.

Were you molested? Is that why you are a bitter homosexual?

I dont have to post my achievements here because i owe you nothing, and i am not here to spout off, because i know it doesnt matter how many letters are at the end of your name, they are meaningless because i know people with super high iq's who spend time analyzing the best route to go to the gas station. And quite frankly they sound like morons, you would never know what they "achieved" in college.

That being said i am not knocking education, but it now is just a money pit for the banks to lend you thousands of dollars to graduate and go to mcdonalds university.
Ok, genius.

Now, attempt this grade 9 math question:

GRADE 9 MATH QUESTION:

2 candidates appearing for an exam attempt to solve a quadratic equation in the form X^2 + px + q = 0. One boy starts with a wrong value of p and finds the roots to be 2 and 6. The other boy begins with a wrong value of q and finds the roots to be 2 and -9. Find the correct roots.

Show all the working steps.

(smiles)
JOEL

Thane, India

#52096 May 8, 2013
QUESTION:

If a (alpha) be a root of the equation 4x^2 + 2x - 1 = 0, prove that 4a^3 - 3a is the other root.
JOEL

Thane, India

#52097 May 8, 2013
Much love to Voluntarist the Duffer.

Kisses, hugs and Winks,

Joel

(the bitter homosexual who was bum-raped by his uncle)

(smiles)
JOEL

Thane, India

#52098 May 8, 2013
Bye boys.

(twink wink twink wink twink wink)
JOEL

Thane, India

#52099 May 8, 2013
Why can't God be a she? Why do people think that God is a He?

Location hidden

#52100 May 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never shoot you, Frijoles. You are in need of forgiveness and pity.
Recall, you said you were moving on and then almost immediately you seek to reengage the matter.
Yes, I reversed myself. I got curious as to what point you were trying to promote. So I decided to indulge you. And instead of you answering, this is what we get. More nonsense.

Location hidden

#52101 May 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about costs associated with OPERATING churches in Jamaica. Recall the LIST that I have REPEATEDLY asked you for?
Essentially, YOU foolishly said that Jamaican churches have nothing to worry about because the US gives aid for the running of the churches.
scroll back - I never limited the concept of aid to operating costs - in fact I actually stated it included charity to the congregants.
Reading comprehension seems to be an issue these days with you. what gives?

Location hidden

#52102 May 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Thats wasnt the only thing I mentioned.
HughBe--- Help is provided below. List the items that you mentioned in YOUR first post 51981 page 2334
Dont pretend you are holier than sht. Houses of worships are often much more than just hovels that provide prayer space.
Living in Jamaica you dont have the infrastructure maintenance costs, and plus your standard and cost of living is amazingly low. Plus your churches probably dont have social service components. heck you probably RECEIVE aid. Therefore you probably dont have to be concerned with raising revenue to keep your organizations like we do in the states.
and THEN I followed up with more on the subject. Cite that too. Dont cherry pick.

Location hidden

#52103 May 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please answer this, What is your PRIVATE definition of MAINTENANCE?
tangent - go back and read ALL the posts

You do this often. You nit pick and ignore the gist of the conversation. Besides from being annoying, it is not honest.

What would Jesus say?

Location hidden

#52104 May 9, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Much love to Voluntarist the Duffer.
Kisses, hugs and Winks,
Joel
(the bitter homosexual who was bum-raped by his uncle)
(smiles)
TMI

Location hidden

#52105 May 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you seem incapable of scrolling back, once again, I decided to do the work for you....
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We are nothing if not deep. Bring it on.
Part of my argument would imply that aid from the outside supports the welfare of those who might also be parishioners. Therefore the church wouldnt have the total obligation to support their folk. So I didnt mean the churches themselves per se. But I could see how you might not interpret my post as such. It was mainly off the cuff and sarcastic, if not bombastic.
SEE - the operating costs were just a small part of the discussion. I was talking about the whole picture. But yet you continue to dwell on the earlier exchange, even after I mention repeatedly that there was more to my side of the discussion than that,

Like I said, you are continually dishonest here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul 13 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul 8 American Citizen 4
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Jun 28 A view from me 3
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun '15 Wizard_Not 1
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
News Tour of the Gila benefits everyone not just cyc... (May '12) May '12 Old Man 1
News Silver City and Deming Events (Oct '11) Nov '11 work cohesively 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages