Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,986
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51643 May 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked if you believe that it applies to you and you said that you believed that it did, absent any facts that it does.
So you are no better than a religious nut.
If it in fact it does exist, why would it NOT apply to me?

Who do you think it DOES apply to?

This seems like common sense to me.

Are you familiar with that?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51644 May 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are following everyones else obedience to laws withouy evidence that they actually apply to you the same way people go to church every sunday and follow the "scripture" , yet without any facts that it is actually applicable to them. They also believe that they will die and go to heaven.
If those two things seem the same to you, then Ok, I am one of the sheep following the laws so I don't get jailed, fined, sued, liens applied to my house etc.

Guilty as charged.

Are you in demand as a dinner guest?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51645 May 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So the free country really isnt free, coercive government would you agree?
Freedom (or lack thereof) is not an absolute.

I see it more as a continuum. Some folks/countries are more free than others.

Libertarians think we would do great with total freedom. I don't agree. Man is both good and evil. He needs some checks and balances.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#51646 May 3, 2013
IceCreamCohen wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Most Christians find Judaism offensive and polite but we don't imprison you for it. Maybe we should. Tit for tat.
There were no prisons in ancient Israel, people were stoned to death for serving idols. In modern days, they probably will be imprisoned. Forsaking the Lord also means forsaking his law.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#51647 May 3, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Libertarians think we would do great with total freedom. I don't agree. Man is both good and evil. He needs some checks and balances.
There's also some good and some evil in everyone, even both Satan and God, there is supposed to be iniquity in Gods youth.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51648 May 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There's also some good and some evil in everyone, even both Satan and God, there is supposed to be iniquity in Gods youth.
rabbee: G-D is THE Very Jealous G-D, no goodie two shoes Angel, or demonic personality can out do, G-D'S Good and/or Evil capabilities. so it would be better, to try and out do G-D'S Good. than try to out do, any demonic evil. so don't be cruel, to TheG-D WHO can be crueler to you.
Voluntarist

United States

#51649 May 3, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If it in fact it does exist, why would it NOT apply to me?
Who do you think it DOES apply to?
This seems like common sense to me.
Are you familiar with that?
No it isnt common sense that some words on a piece of paper apply to anyone, they are just words.

Those words in the bible apply to you too then.
Voluntarist

United States

#51650 May 3, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously evil is everywhere that is why men and women dress up and call themselves government and enjoy controlling others.
Freedom is just a charade, there is no such thing as rights.

There are no checks and balances.
Voluntarist

United States

#51651 May 3, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do believe in some religion, you are using the word evil and you seem to think that another religious documenf called the constitution applies to you too, maybe if some priests put you in prison you would start believing in religion.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#51652 May 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So I presume that is your opinion.
Your quote is reminiscent of the dialogue within the novel Catch 22. I not sure that it is a positive.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#51653 May 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are following everyones else obedience to laws withouy evidence that they actually apply to you the same way people go to church every sunday and follow the "scripture" , yet without any facts that it is actually applicable to them. They also believe that they will die and go to heaven.
Oh, laws exist. Break one and you could find out.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#51654 May 3, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Hobbes to the rescue!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobbes#Leviatha...

In Leviathan, Hobbes set out his doctrine of the foundation of states and legitimate governments originating social contract theory. Leviathan was written during the English Civil War; much of the book is occupied with demonstrating the necessity of a strong central authority to avoid the evil of discord and civil war.

Beginning from a mechanistic understanding of human beings and the passions, Hobbes postulates what life would be like without government, a condition which he calls the state of nature. In that state, each person would have a right, or license, to everything in the world. This, Hobbes argues, would lead to a "war of all against all" (bellum omnium contra omnes). The description contains what has been called one of the best known passages in English philosophy, which describes the natural state mankind would be in, were it not for political community:[14]

"In such condition, there is no place for industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain: and consequently no culture of the earth; no navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by sea; no commodious building; no instruments of moving, and removing, such things as require much force; no knowledge of the face of the earth; no account of time; no arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."

"Chapter XIII.: Of the Natural Condition of Mankind As Concerning Their Felicity, and Misery.", Leviathan

In such a state, people fear death, and lack both the things necessary to commodious living, and the hope of being able to toil to obtain them. So in order to avoid it people accede to a social contract and establish a civil society.

According to Hobbes, society is a population beneath a sovereign authority, to whom all individuals in that society cede some rights for the sake of protection. Any abuses of power by this authority are to be accepted as the price of peace. There is no doctrine of separation of powers in Hobbes's discussion.[15]

According to Hobbes, the sovereign must control civil, military, judicial, and ecclesiastical powers.
Voluntarist

United States

#51655 May 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Hobbes to the rescue!
In Leviathan, Hobbes set out his doctrine of the foundation of states and legitimate governments originating social contract theory. Leviathan was written during the English Civil War; much of the book is occupied with demonstrating the necessity of a strong central authority to avoid the evil of discord and civil war.
Beginning from a mechanistic understanding of human beings and the passions, Hobbes postulates what life would be like without government, a condition which he calls the state of nature. In that state, each person would have a right, or license, to everything in the world. This, Hobbes argues, would lead to a "war of all against all" (bellum omnium contra omnes). The description contains what has been called one of the best known passages in English philosophy, which describes the natural state mankind would be in, were it not for political community:[14]
"In such condition, there is no place for industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain: and consequently no culture of the earth; no navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by sea; no commodious building; no instruments of moving, and removing, such things as require much force; no knowledge of the face of the earth; no account of time; no arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."
"Chapter XIII.: Of the Natural Condition of Mankind As Concerning Their Felicity, and Misery.", Leviathan
In such a state, people fear death, and lack both the things necessary to commodious living, and the hope of being able to toil to obtain them. So in order to avoid it people accede to a social contract and establish a civil society.
According to Hobbes, society is a population beneath a sovereign authority, to whom all individuals in that society cede some rights for the sake of protection. Any abuses of power by this authority are to be accepted as the price of peace. There is no doctrine of separation of powers in Hobbes's discussion.[15]
According to Hobbes, the sovereign must control civil, military, judicial, and ecclesiastical powers.
Ha!

legitimate government!
Voluntarist

United States

#51656 May 3, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of movement is absolute until it is obstructed.
Voluntarist

United States

#51657 May 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, laws exist. Break one and you could find out.
Please provide a factual basis, evidence that the so called law of travelling fast is applicable to me.
People break laws all day long without anything happening to them.
If you think that some guy with a clown suit on makes it applicable then you are illogical.
Voluntarist

United States

#51658 May 3, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Hobbes to the rescue!
So an opinion of a dead guy makes your gubment legitimate? Grasping at straws here.

here is an exerp from social contract theory;

legitimacy of the authority of the state over the individual .[1]
Social contract arguments typically posit that individuals have
consented, either explicitly or tacitly, to surrender some of their
freedoms and submit to the authority of the ruler or magistrate
(or to the decision of a majority), in exchange for protection of
their remaining rights . The question of the relation between
natural and legal rights , therefore, is often an aspect of social
contract theory.

First the elements of a contract are not present, and even if it was a legitimate contract it is breached by the fact that there is no duty of the government to protect anyone.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#51659 May 3, 2013
JOEL wrote:
HUGH:
You keep telling me to get a chick to sit on my face.
I did so, today morning.
I made the youngest maid sit on my face (you know I like 'em young...as young as 16 or 17).
Yes, Mon, the youngest maid sat on my face, today.
As I was about to use my tongue, she pissed on my face.
I gagged and spanked her bum and turned her around so that I could get rear entry with my finger and guess what she farted on my face and then it became too much for me to bear and I tossed her on to the floor.
I remain a virgin.
(smiles)
At least you started out correctly but your dream deflowering needs some cleaning up.

EAT,ENTER and ENJOY.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#51660 May 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There were no prisons in ancient Israel, people were stoned to death for serving idols. In modern days, they probably will be imprisoned. Forsaking the Lord also means forsaking his law.
That might have been the condition for a very short time, when Moses was alive and may be some decades after him.

But slowly bulk of Jews fell into idolatry as OT books confirm and the punishment was left only in the books and not in practice.

That holds for most of Jewish and Christian laws, they exist on paper but not used. People read them and say Amen and kill the holy scriptures.

But when the come out of Church and Synagogues (and mosques too, to be honest)... they just forget what they read said Amen to.

Most "religious people" on this earth come under the definition of "Hypocrites".

Those who ask for those laws are termed as Fundamentalists and Extremists.

On the other hand those who do not follow laws passed by their assemblies and parliaments are called as "rebels" .

So it is a complete transformation, our Political Leaders have become our Law givers , they have become like a god to the people.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51662 May 3, 2013
EL, ALLAHA & ALLAH - INTERDEPENDENT BABYLONIAN SADISTIC BEINGS:

1) El is not Hebrew.

2) El is a title/word borrowed by the sadistic Hebrew patriarchs from the barbaric Baal-worshipping cults of the ancient cultures that pre-date the Tanakh. YHVH is a morphed form of El.

3) Allaha of Aramaic, Jesus' crazed heavenly father, is the same Babylonian El.

4) Allah is a variant of the title/word El.

5) Both El as well as Allah are demonic beings.

6) El is a bloodthirsty being of pre-Hebrew days, while Allah, a related or the same ferocious being as El, was worshipped by the pre-Islamic Arabs together with 369 gods/beings in the Kaaba.

7) All that this fiend Muhammad did was to chose Allah from the 360 gods/beings that were venerated by the pre-Islamic Arabs and make it (Allah) his only god.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51663 May 3, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isnt common sense that some words on a piece of paper apply to anyone, they are just words.
Those words in the bible apply to you too then.
If you say so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:39 am PST

NBC Sports 7:39AM
Aqib Talib named AFC's defensive player of the week