Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,387
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Voluntarist

United States

#51506 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is your theory?
What is the support for your theory?
What are the competing alternative hypothesis?
How does your support negate the competing hypotheses?
If you can START to fill in those questions, then you are on the entrance way to logically sound scientific thinking.
There is no theory here, the idea is that the "official story" is bs, easily refutable.
What was requested was a REAL independant investigation.
Voluntarist

United States

#51507 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are merely an object. Your interpretation of what they mean - their symbolic meaning is a cognitive act.
Independence implies freedom from something (one could just as easy interpret guns as a symbol of dependance)- its all in your head according to ones world view.
If your world view is that the world is an unsafe place, then obviously you would interpret gun ownership as a way to make that place safer by giving yourself a degree of independence from existing conditions. If your world view is that the world is a safe place, then one could equally interpret gun ownership as an unnecessary complication into your life, and therefore a burden and a dependence upon a crutch to make you feel better.
Its all about creating predictability of one's "world" around them. And that "world" is more in one's head than anywhere else, IMO.
They are a symbol of autonomy for many people, the idea if taking care of ones own security not relying on others for safety.
Voluntarist

United States

#51508 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Republicans embrace conspiracy theory that DHS is buying up ammo
James Inhofe and Jim Jordan believe the Obama Administration is trying to curb access to bullets
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/30/republicans_e...
A conspiracy theory is getting renewed life among Republicans who claim that the Obama administration, specifically the Department of Homeland Security, is buying up ammunition in order to thwart gun owners by taking over the market.
Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., and Rep. Frank Lucas, both Republicans from Oklahoma, introduced a bill last week to crack down on the alleged practice......
....Even the NRA debunked these kinds of conspiracy theories in a press release last summer, saying that the DHS buying ammo is perfectly normal:“Much of the concern stems from a lack of understanding of the law enforcement functions carried about by officers in small federal agencies. These agents have the power to make arrests and execute warrants, just like their better-known counterparts at agencies like the FBI.”.....
It is not a conspiracy theory.

The dhs is putting in purchase orders for a large volume of ammo, more than usual.

They are also requesting woman and baby targets.

There is an ammo shortage, that is a fact.
Voluntarist

United States

#51509 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
IT makes perfect sense. Not all science deniers are conspiracy buffs. But how many science deniers, that arent consciously benefiting from the conventional energy sectors (arent workers or lobbyiests or investors), arent conspiracy buffs? What percentage? It has to be small. Or maybe not. Thats what I would like to know.
Do you anyone well who denies climate change? Why do they?
It isnt denying a changing climate it is denying the cause of it.
And when i post some facts you attack the messenger, as if Tucker Carlson could ever be a libertarian.
JOEL

India

#51510 May 1, 2013
Panentheism is a falsehood. I'll show why this pseudo-intellectual concept of the reality is false in a future post. Fools with zero reasoning power subscribe to this falsehood called panentheism. LOL.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51511 May 2, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
They are a symbol of autonomy for many people, the idea if taking care of ones own security not relying on others for safety.
The fact that one feels insecure is a world view in itself, and not necessarily shared by the rest of the populace. But you knew that already.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51512 May 2, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It isnt denying a changing climate it is denying the cause of it.
And when i post some facts you attack the messenger, as if Tucker Carlson could ever be a libertarian.
Kind of the same thing. The science is pretty darn clear.

Facts? To quote the wise Swami FR - sounds kind of "truthi" to me....

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51513 May 2, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a conspiracy theory.
The dhs is putting in purchase orders for a large volume of ammo, more than usual.
They are also requesting woman and baby targets.
There is an ammo shortage, that is a fact.
chuckle.

I request women all the time - and what does that get me?

Read your post over again and then tell us this isnt a conspiracy theory.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51514 May 2, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no theory here, the idea is that the "official story" is bs, easily refutable.
What was requested was a REAL independant investigation.
Just posting a poorly articulated alternative hypothesis does NOT necessarily result in the refutation of a primary hypothesis.

Go back to my last post - I layed out the path you need to take if you want to play the logic game.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#51515 May 2, 2013
All religions in the world will perish soon, what would be left would be His Holiness Joel Pastaka the Supreme....and his false Yoga!!

We are fortunate enough to live in the same age as he....!!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51516 May 2, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. I placed the first set of icons on the post.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Which has this fellow beat by several times a week.
True. And Huggy screams GAY GAY GAY from his whole being, so one would have to be pretty obtuse not to pick up on that. Or Jamaican.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51518 May 2, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Faithful as in having faith.
But what do I know?
Acknowledging one's limits has to account for something.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51519 May 2, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I've wondered this before and researched it too. And I know my share of climate deniers.
Mostly they are concerned over how it would affect their wallets in the short-term. Much like the tea baggers worry about gov't spending (that is, other than DoD and their Medicare/Soc sec checks).
I still don't think the correlation between deniers and conspiracy types is nearly as high as you suggest.
The GOP is full of deniers. Buffs are a relatively exclusive club.
Interesting take on it.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51520 May 2, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a conspiracy theory.
The dhs is putting in purchase orders for a large volume of ammo, more than usual.
They are also requesting woman and baby targets.
There is an ammo shortage, that is a fact.
I just HAD to research this

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...

"...A statement released to Reason’s Mike Riggs, states:

“The subjects in NMH targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty).
This hesitation time may be only seconds but that is not acceptable when officers are losing their lives in these same situations. The goal of NMH is to break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc. If that initial hesitation time can be cut down due to range experience, the officer and community are better served.”.."

----------

Thats doesnt sound like a conspiracy, that sounds like stupidity.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51521 May 2, 2013
But YET if you went back and read what the Congressmen said - they are articulating it as a conspiracy.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#51522 May 2, 2013
FRIJOLES subscribes to PANENTHEISM:

Here's the definition of panentheism:

"Panentheism ("all-in-God") is a belief system which posits that the divine (be it a monotheistic God, polytheistic gods, or an eternal cosmic animating force), interpenetrates every part of nature and timelessly extends beyond it." - Wiki

QUESTION:

What is the error in panentheism? Explain.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#51523 May 2, 2013
JUDAISM: I AM WHO I AM - IDENTITY OF AN ASURA:

The pronoun I indicates an individual being - one out of many competing beings.

So, the God who declared itself as I AM WHO I AM to the Hebrews is a minor being with a marked megalomanical attitude aside from it having murderous, jealous, hateful, parochial and bloodthirsty anthropopathic instincts.

The higher reaches of the reality far exceed any notion of I AM WHO I AM.

The very word I indicates limitation and egoism.

A being with a universal presence is beyond I and You and would never declare itself with the egoistic words I AM WHO I AM.

However, by doing so, this foolish God/being has revealed its limitations and its sadistic traits and evil commands to its followers indicate that it is an asura/demonic being.

LOL.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51524 May 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
FRIJOLES subscribes to PANENTHEISM:
Here's the definition of panentheism:
"Panentheism ("all-in-God") is a belief system which posits that the divine (be it a monotheistic God, polytheistic gods, or an eternal cosmic animating force), interpenetrates every part of nature and timelessly extends beyond it." - Wiki
QUESTION:
What is the error in panentheism? Explain.
Actually, my subscription ran out last month and in lieu I decided to subscribe to Readers Digest.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51525 May 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
JUDAISM: I AM WHO I AM - IDENTITY OF AN ASURA:
The pronoun I indicates an individual being - one out of many competing beings.
So, the God who declared itself as I AM WHO I AM to the Hebrews is a minor being with a marked megalomanical attitude aside from it having murderous, jealous, hateful, parochial and bloodthirsty anthropopathic instincts.
The higher reaches of the reality far exceed any notion of I AM WHO I AM.
The very word I indicates limitation and egoism.
A being with a universal presence is beyond I and You and would never declare itself with the egoistic words I AM WHO I AM.
However, by doing so, this foolish God/being has revealed its limitations and its sadistic traits and evil commands to its followers indicate that it is an asura/demonic being.
LOL.
Thank you for the Hebrew school lesson.

I will carefully consider it with the same level of attention I dedicated to my previous Hebrew school lessons many years ago when I was an equally impressionable lad.

Which wasnt much.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51526 May 2, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

There is an ammo shortage, that is a fact.
Rather than argue this, if you feel this way, I would think the smarter move for you would be to invest in armament industry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Range Artist plan plein air show 22 hr I love the southwest 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Wed Insect Trust 30
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 11 FEDUPw-dumb-mean-... 45
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 5 Yes 11
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••