Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,188
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51447 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism was developed by our government in order to prepare us for One World government. That is why the government created Karl Marx.
What differentiates you from one who shares atheist beliefs, regardless of labels? Forget about groups, militancy etc. I'm focusing on the belief or lack thereof.

(I had missed this reply from you but just saw when looking for something else.)
JOEL

Thane, India

#51448 May 1, 2013
Ouch, Susie's punched me below the belt but my balls are safe. I thought she wanted to crush my testicles.

(wink wink wink)
JOEL

Thane, India

#51449 May 1, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I bet Huggy and I are tied for the #4 spot.
LOL.

Chill, friend.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51450 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You DO realize that I accept "religion" on faith, and not on the analysis of evidence. ALl of that discussion is my guess about other people who convince themselves it is a logical process. I dont waste my time convincing myself of that.
No but you're happy to waste my time arguing the point! A point you admit is "thoughtless."

:))

From last Friday:

"But my point was to show there are two populations you are mixing. The thoughtless and the thoughtful. Really, your grievance is with the thoughtless, the ones who rely on faith but claim it is evidence based. Not the thoughtful, who rely on faith, but have no such claim."

It never fails to floor me how believers seem to forever be putting one another down.

They all believe in something unknown and likely unknowable but each feels superior to every other faction.(Not all feel that way but many do.)

"Thoughtless" "Fundies" "Anti-science" etc.

But you believe in something admittedly without a shred of evidence (or any pretense of) and therefore you label yourself one of the "thoughtful" believers.

Is this a self-serving analysis? Who can say? Certainly not me.

"I know nothing" Socrates
JOEL

Thane, India

#51451 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Dont be weird.

Just behave.
Ok, Papa.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51452 May 1, 2013
Atheism is as old as theism and perhaps it could be anterior to the latter...these days, atheism is fast catching on and if the stats are to believed more people are quitting religion than those joining it and it's predicted that in a few decades from now religion will become a fossil.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#51453 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Republicans embrace conspiracy theory that DHS is buying up ammo
James Inhofe and Jim Jordan believe the Obama Administration is trying to curb access to bullets
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/30/republicans_e...
A conspiracy theory is getting renewed life among Republicans who claim that the Obama administration, specifically the Department of Homeland Security, is buying up ammunition in order to thwart gun owners by taking over the market.
Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., and Rep. Frank Lucas, both Republicans from Oklahoma, introduced a bill last week to crack down on the alleged practice......
....Even the NRA debunked these kinds of conspiracy theories in a press release last summer, saying that the DHS buying ammo is perfectly normal:“Much of the concern stems from a lack of understanding of the law enforcement functions carried about by officers in small federal agencies. These agents have the power to make arrests and execute warrants, just like their better-known counterparts at agencies like the FBI.”.....
rabbee: most conspiracy theories, are like taking a stab in the dark. and seeing what comes up, on your own fork.

they are the result of knowing ,there is something wrong with this world today. but you do not know, for sure what it is. it's like deadly radiation, you can't see it, hear it, feel it, or taste it. but you just know, it is out there. and the chance are, you are all wrong about what it is. and are not smart enough, to figure out what is really is, or what it is all about.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#51454 May 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex-fixated narcissist.
Hugh---I would rather admire and stare at MY bamboo...

Joel---Sex-fixated narcissist.

Hugh--- BS, your response is a reflection of your sex starved life and your sex focused mind.

These are the things that should have entered your mind had it been pure.

1. Anatomy fixated

2. Beauty fixated. Recall my word ADMIRE?

3. Magnificent fixated

4. Power fixated

5. Design fixated

6. Awe fixated

7. Length and breadth fixated.

Get it?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#51455 May 1, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Huggy and I are tied for the #4 spot.
TOP 3 DUNCES ON THIS THREAD:
1) MUQ
2) Frijoles
3) Eric

Former---I bet Huggy and I are tied for the #4 spot

HughBe--- no dear, you occupy it all by yourself. I am on the opposite list as number 1.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51456 May 1, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
No but you're happy to waste my time arguing the point! A point you admit is "thoughtless."
:))
From last Friday:
"But my point was to show there are two populations you are mixing. The thoughtless and the thoughtful. Really, your grievance is with the thoughtless, the ones who rely on faith but claim it is evidence based. Not the thoughtful, who rely on faith, but have no such claim."
But you believe in something admittedly without a shred of evidence (or any pretense of) and therefore you label yourself one of the "thoughtful" believers.
Is this a self-serving analysis? Who can say? Certainly not me.
"I know nothing" Socrates
MY thoughtful process has allowed me to arrive to a place where I can declare my basis for religious belief is faith, not reason.

Others claim their basis for religious belief is reason (MUQ is a perfect example of that, and sometimes Huggy).

You and I, using modern standards reject that type of logical thinking as it is not really logical (according to our modern standards). Therefore their position is thoughtless (I am equating illogic to thoughtless - because if they ever thought their position through they would realize their basis is faith not reason).

Thats all I meant to say or imply.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#51457 May 1, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Then call me independent!
Voluntarist ---Guns could be a symbol of independence.

Former---Then call me independent!

HughBe--- I would have thought that VD or guns is a symptom of a serious medical condition.

Location hidden

#51458 May 1, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What differentiates you from one who shares atheist beliefs, regardless of labels? Forget about groups, militancy etc. I'm focusing on the belief or lack thereof.
(I had missed this reply from you but just saw when looking for something else.)
I dont like boxes. But I think often my thinking could be construed as atheistic - I am not a fan of theism.

My position is usually more allied with panentheism.

Sometimes I do employ theistic thinking though, usually as a short cut for discussion, thinking, or even worship purposes. To worship, or to speak of, you do need an "other" to direct your attention to, or talk about - its imbued in the structure and use of our language, and in particular our use of grammar.

Location hidden

#51459 May 1, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely the other way around.
The come FROM a sense of public mistrust.
And I don't see many NON-conspiracy types being swayed or distracted by these folks.
It's more like background static.
Its not always background static though.

WHO MOVED the Republicans to the position of being anti-science? Is it all money (energy lobby/Dick Cheney)..... or was there also an anti-gobbernunt anti-organized science anti-mind control movement as well?
JOEL

Thane, India

#51460 May 1, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Hugh---I would rather admire and stare at MY bamboo...

Joel---Sex-fixated narcissist.

Hugh--- BS, your response is a reflection of your sex starved life and your sex focused mind.

These are the things that should have entered your mind had it been pure.

1. Anatomy fixated

2. Beauty fixated. Recall my word ADMIRE?

3. Magnificent fixated

4. Power fixated

5. Design fixated

6. Awe fixated

7. Length and breadth fixated.

Get it?
You're a pervert who understands none of the higher aims of life..
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51461 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
MY thoughtful process has allowed me to arrive to a place where I can declare my basis for religious belief is faith, not reason.
Others claim their basis for religious belief is reason (MUQ is a perfect example of that, and sometimes Huggy).
You and I, using modern standards reject that type of logical thinking as it is not really logical (according to our modern standards). Therefore their position is thoughtless (I am equating illogic to thoughtless - because if they ever thought their position through they would realize their basis is faith not reason).
Thats all I meant to say or imply.
Ok, but what about the part where it isn't applicable (or reasonable) to judge these thoughtless folks (and their thought process) by modern standards?

Doesn't their internal logic/personal experiences make it ok for them to think and believe in the way they do?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51462 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not always background static though.
WHO MOVED the Republicans to the position of being anti-science? Is it all money (energy lobby/Dick Cheney)..... or was there also an anti-gobbernunt anti-organized science anti-mind control movement as well?
Well...let's put it this way.

I think that most conspiracy folks would fit into the groups above to which you refer, but I don't that most folks above are conspiracy types.

Like....if one were a racist he likely voted with the GOP in the last two elections. But I wouldn't necessarily say most GOP voters are racist.

If that makes sense.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51463 May 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont like boxes. But I think often my thinking could be construed as atheistic - I am not a fan of theism.
My position is usually more allied with panentheism.
Sometimes I do employ theistic thinking though, usually as a short cut for discussion, thinking, or even worship purposes. To worship, or to speak of, you do need an "other" to direct your attention to, or talk about - its imbued in the structure and use of our language, and in particular our use of grammar.
Wow - I totally spaced out and thought I was replying to ATF.

And yet you still gave a good response, as always. I take it your original post (the one I replied to) was facetious.

Not a fan of theism? Interesting. But at the same time one of the faithful. Hmmmmmmm

I'm glad I made that error. More food for thought.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51464 May 1, 2013
Frijoles' beliefs are sinister and his mind a mess and his attitude fanatical. LOL.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51465 May 1, 2013
Mover over YHVH, the demon. Give me the sublime Buddha, any day.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51466 May 1, 2013
Buddha falls far short of the highest spiritual standard but his nature, teachings and deeds are on the right path unlike the evil nature, evil teachings and evil deeds of the Hebrew G-d. Poof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:06 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:06PM
Peyton: I Plan on Being Back in 2015
NBC Sports 3:10 PM
Rookie Thomas becomes 4th Cardinals QB of season - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 9:56 PM
Peyton Manning fully participates in practice
Bleacher Report12:18 AM
How Ronnie Hillman Can Spark Broncos Offense Heading into Playoffs
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?