Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,299)

Showing posts 45,961 - 45,980 of65,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

“If you have within you a psychic being sufficiently awake to watch over you, to prepare your path, it can draw towards you things which help you, draw people, books, circumstances, all sorts of little coincidences which come to you as though brought by some benevolent will and give you an indication, a help, a support to take decisions and turn you in the right direction.”

- The Mother (Sri Aurobindo's Jewish spiritual collaborator).
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

” One may try to find out what is the truest thing to do, but it is not by a mental discussion or a mental problem that these things can be resolved. Is is in fact by an inner attitude which creates an atmosphere of harmony – progressive harmony – in which all one does will necessarily be the best thing that could be done in those particular circumstances. And the ideal would be an attitude complete enough for the action to be spontaneous, dictated by something other than an outer reason.”

JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

"An aimless life is always a miserable life. Every one of you should have an aim. But do not forget that on the quality of your aim will depend the quality of your life. Your aim should be high and wide, generous and disinterested; this will make your life precious to yourself and to others. But whatever your ideal, it cannot be perfectly realized unless you have realized perfection in yourself."

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Had my parents been alive and had they seen my present damaged condition they'd have wept and taken forthwith action and knowing them they'd quickly pack me off to grad school in the US hoping that it would serve as a balm to my damaged mind, emotions and nerves. My late sister, Tina, who'd studied at Cathedral and then at Cornell in the US would have also made the same suggestion. Now, there's no one to goad me on in such a persistent manner.
At some point we all have to grow up and take responsibility and direction in our lives, and not rely on others to do so for us.

Now is your moment.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are using the modern standard.
You need to consider that standards are relative.
I think we're saying the same thing.

Standards are relative for sure. One man's evidence is another man's ancient literature.

But I don't agree it's a modern vs. ancient thing. If one TODAY believes in a body of evidence based on ancient scrolls and scripture, he is holding that evidence to his standards of TODAY.

One cannot in my mind say that he is held to standards of a by-gone era if it's a belief system he subscribes to in the here and now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/28/dont_stop_bel...

Don’t stop believin’: Do atheists need a church?
There's song and fellowship in London's first atheist church.

But are these non-believers just having it both ways?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we're saying the same thing.
Standards are relative for sure. One man's evidence is another man's ancient literature.
But I don't agree it's a modern vs. ancient thing. If one TODAY believes in a body of evidence based on ancient scrolls and scripture, he is holding that evidence to his standards of TODAY.
One cannot in my mind say that he is held to standards of a by-gone era if it's a belief system he subscribes to in the here and now.
I disagree. Religion is a subculture and as so has its own rules and standards, and internal logic which is based upon that.

Even in the modern era there are more than one systems of standards. Scientific definition of evidence is very different from the legal definition.

Just like legal evidentiary standards and definitions of what is evidence are different from scientific standards and definitions of evidence, some organized religions can define on their own what is considered evidence and what is not, and what the standards for evaluating are.

The problem is when they apply their standards to your world, and vice versa. That is what you are getting at. You dont buy their definition, and they shouldnt assume that you should. But among themselves, they have an internal logic.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Religion is a subculture and as so has its own rules and standards, and internal logic which is based upon that.
Even in the modern era there are more than one systems of standards. Scientific definition of evidence is very different from the legal definition.
Just like legal evidentiary standards and definitions of what is evidence are different from scientific standards and definitions of evidence, some organized religions can define on their own what is considered evidence and what is not, and what the standards for evaluating are.
The problem is when they apply their standards to your world, and vice versa. That is what you are getting at. You dont buy their definition, and they shouldnt assume that you should. But among themselves, they have an internal logic.
The ATF crowd might say the same thing.

You don't buy their theories, but to them it makes sense.

You say they ignore evidence. But they simply find their evidence more compelling.

And atheists say believers have zero evidence on which to base their beliefs.

You then say that "evidence" in religion means something else. It has do with feelings and experience. That it depends on whose "world" we are talking about at the time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You say they ignore evidence. But they simply find their evidence more compelling.
absoultely .
They have different standards for evaluating evidence. ANti-Scientific (ignore the contrary evidence). However, they make the mistake of assuming we are using the same system (applying their standards to our modern standards).
former res wrote:
<quoted text>And atheists say believers have zero evidence on which to base their beliefs.
You then say that "evidence" in religion means something else. It has do with feelings and experience. That it depends on whose "world" we are talking about at the time.
The atheists make the SAME mistake by evaluating the religious evidence with modern standards, and assuming that is relevent to the religious. It isnt.

And SOME of the religious compound that by encouraging the atheists as so.

Others just ignore the atheists as being irrelevant.

You got it!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And atheists say believers have zero evidence on which to base their beliefs.
rabbee: and just what, religious function does the atf serve? and why would anyone expect them, to accept anyone elses religion. they have their own cause, and their own religious laws and bible. their just another religion, that thinks they are the only true church.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

maybe you should pray, that the fbi religion. does not take such an interest in yours, that they investigate it. cause their bible is a lot bigger, and has more authority and laws than all of yours.

in fact if there were as many real believers in G-D, as there are in the fbi. we would not have any problems in this nation.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Those who outright dismiss every conspiracy as a product of imagination without proper thought or investigation and who accept as truth the official version of events are braindead and superficial individuals.
Unless you consider how legitimately impossible and insane some proposed theories are, and why so many people people waste their time giving a damn over things like Area 51 and whatnot.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern law is rooted in mosaic law.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you consider how legitimately impossible and insane some proposed theories are, and why so many people people waste their time giving a damn over things like Area 51 and whatnot.
Lol i would hardly call area 51 an event, ufo chasers dont believe for a second that experimental military aircraft is over head, that is foolish not to consider.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
absoultely .
They have different standards for evaluating evidence. ANti-Scientific (ignore the contrary evidence). However, they make the mistake of assuming we are using the same system (applying their standards to our modern standards).
It seems that all the "mistakes" are being made by everyone else: the ATF-types, the atheists. Interesting way of looking at the world. We are all wrong and you're right.(Do you know my wife?!:))

"Anti-scientific" you say. Pot meet kettle.

The 9/11 conspiracy crowd are very much into science (and engineering). Perhaps you haven't looked at any of their evidence.

I would argue they are much closer to the truth than the religious crowd. They are at least in the realm of reality.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The atheists make the SAME mistake by evaluating the religious evidence with modern standards, and assuming that is relevent to the religious. It isnt.
And SOME of the religious compound that by encouraging the atheists as so.
Others just ignore the atheists as being irrelevant.
You got it!
To what religious "evidence" do you refer?

It seems as though you saying something along the lines of, "Don't bother a psychotic person with reality - that isn't relevant to him. He is by definition detached from same."

And I could certainly understand that this would all seem "irrelevant."

It must be blissful!:))
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

ATF - are you an atheist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that all the "mistakes" are being made by everyone else: the ATF-types, the atheists. Interesting way of looking at the world. We are all wrong and you're right.(Do you know my wife?!:))
The 9/11 conspiracy crowd are very much into science (and engineering). Perhaps you haven't looked at any of their evidence.
I would argue they are much closer to the truth than the religious crowd. They are at least in the realm of reality.)
Among the several steps in the scientific process they do not follow:

"When evidence is contradictory to predicted expectations, the evidence and the ways of making it are often closely scrutinized (see experimenter's regress) and only at the end of this process is the hypothesis rejected: this can be referred to as 'refutation of the hypothesis'."
former res wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
It seems as though you saying something along the lines of, "Don't bother a psychotic person with reality - that isn't relevant to him. He is by definition detached from same."
documented testament, feelings, and the process of weighing credibility of such

It is blissful, obviously.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I would argue they are much closer to the truth than the religious crowd. They are at least in the realm of reality.
<quoted text>
Also, in most likelihood, much of what is considered "science" within the 911 conspiracy crowd would fail the Daubert standard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daubert_test
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

At some point we all have to grow up and take responsibility and direction in our lives, and not rely on others to do so for us.
Now is your moment.
Thank you, Papa, for your kind words and timely advice.

However, the damage in my mind-body is not ordinary nor are the troubles and experiences the same as that of worldly people.

If you could only see the pitiable state that I have been reduced to you'll understand that the suffering and attacks that came upon me were of an extra-ordinary kind and as such it's not easy to recover from such damage without leaning on someone comforting and understanding.

The recovery is slow and painful and my nerves keep shivering all the time and the heartbeats are irregular making breathing difficult, eyesight gets feeble on many occasions and at times there's some bleeding through the nostrils or I simply collapse on to the floor. As for my mind/emotions, well, there's been serious damage. He's not forgotten how I walked out after criticizing and abusing him after the intense suffering that would have killed me in late Dec.

I suffered for a decade or so due to him and he killed my parents and sister using occult power due to certain differences in the past and on account of the persistent objections my family would make to my lifestyle and to him ruling my life.

In certain ways, he's troubling me till now making even the little recovery gained difficult to sustain. His aim is to finish me off using his occult powers. He does this to all his opponents. Don't be surprised if I drop out of sight on a permanent basis. If this happens understand that something bad has happened to me due to him.

It's almost over for me. I'll go willingly if death comes today since living is more a torture.

Anyway, thank you for everything.

Papa, stay peaceful, safe, healthy, prosperous and happy in all ways, always.

I will never forget you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Intuition should not contradict reason.

If the intuition of a spiritual kind is true, it will always be supported from below by a lower or higher reason.

Intuition that's not supported by reason of the higher or lower kind is false intuition.

Never let go of the logical faculty and always fine tune it to its maximum capacity so that it fulfills the instincts that it exceeds in its nature and scope and supports intuition or inspiration that exceeds it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 45,961 - 45,980 of65,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Wed Relaxing 231
Community education classes continue in April Apr 22 Jackie 3
No charges yet in deadly shooting (May '11) Apr 17 Silver 11
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Apr 17 Silver 43
New Mexico to receive new veterans cemeteries Apr 16 all well 1
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... Apr 5 Jackie 1
Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr 4 Peon 16
•••

High Wind Watch for Grant County was issued at April 24 at 3:31PM MDT