Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,281
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51149 Apr 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure what the original point is anymore
But my point was to show there are two populations you are mixing. The thoughtless and the thoughtful. Really, your grievance is with the thoughtless, the ones who rely on faith but claim it is evidence based. Not the thoughtful, who rely on faith, but have no such claim.
And among both groups, even though neither are evidenced based pursuant to your modern standards, there is often still an internal logic with a (weaker) pre-modern evidentiary standard. The logic is that testament equals evidence. It might not fit your standards, but it is accepted as such. Therefore, from their view, they are evidenced based.
Have you seen all the evidence that ATF and the other conspiracy folks point to? They have lots of data, facts, information.

It may not meet your standards, but to them it has its own internal logic and well-reasoned thinking.

From their point of view, it is extremely "evidence-based" and no doubt they would be happy to share this with anyone who will listen.(Of course it's all out there for anyone to see.)
Voluntarist

United States

#51150 Apr 26, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those my only choices?
What "belief without evidence" do I have in gov't?
None that I know of.
Social Security has lifted millions of seniors out of poverty - FACT.
We spend more on our military than the next 15 or so countries combined - FACT.
We have the lowest taxes in the western world - FACT.
What else do you need schooling on?
I'll be here all week.
Do you consider yourself a citizen?
Voluntarist

United States

#51151 Apr 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
CLASSIC!!!
"......The crucial difference between having a preconceived notion — we all do that, of course — and conspiratorial thinking is when you get into that self-sealing reasoning and ignore every piece of evidence that is pointing the other way, when you’re starting to broaden the circle of conspirators, and when your skepticism gets to be nihilistic — when you believe absolutely nothing that the government or the media is saying — that’s when you’ve crossed the line...."
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/24/why_people_be ...
And you are a classic imbecile.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51152 Apr 26, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen all the evidence that ATF and the other conspiracy folks point to? They have lots of data, facts, information.
It may not meet your standards, but to them it has its own internal logic and well-reasoned thinking.
From their point of view, it is extremely "evidence-based" and no doubt they would be happy to share this with anyone who will listen.(Of course it's all out there for anyone to see.)
Not totally, because they habitually ignore any evidence to the contrary. Thats part of evaluation of the evidence too

But we are splitting hairs.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#51153 Apr 26, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a classic imbecile.
But I DO consider myself a citizen.
Voluntarist

United States

#51154 Apr 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But I DO consider myself a citizen.
Good for you ,then you have some faith in government that doesnt exist.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#51155 Apr 26, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Ruakh, the life-force, is not the soul. If it is the soul then how does one explain the fact that mind exceeds the vital principle of which the life-force with its pentuple currents is an aspect? LOL.
Christians confuse the soul with the spirit. The Hebrew word for soul is "nephesh" and it means life. The blood is the life of the flesh, the soul is another name for the body. Earth is called the land of the living. The Hebrew word for spirit is "ruach" and it means breath or wind. When a baby is born alive and takes its first breath, the spirit enters into them. It's the spirit that survives death.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51156 Apr 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>

Christians confuse the soul with the spirit.
LOL.

What is spirit? What is its basal constituent? How does it relate to mind, vital and matter?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#51157 Apr 26, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
What is spirit? What is its basal constituent? How does it relate to mind, vital and matter?
The Spirit is composed of Energy and consciousness which is connected to the mind. With the death of the brain, all our memories perish and we begin anew, with a new slate. When we die, we lose weight and heat. Heat is a form of Energy and matter is also associated with Energy.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51158 Apr 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>

1) The Hebrew word for soul is "nephesh" and it means life.

2) The Hebrew word for spirit is "ruach" and it means breath or wind.
ROFL.

You're as confused as those ignorant Hebrew patriarchs.

Life force and vital airs mean almost the same thing and are aspects of the universal vital consciousness-force.

Life and breath are related terms in a deeper sense.

Besides, the infused life-force animates the physical forces like electromagnetism, matter, and its states - solid, liquid, gas, plasma, gluon-quark plasma, Einstein-Bose condensate and so on.

An aspect of the life-force with its pentuple currents infuses matter and in the body it is known as the physico-vital which gives life and animates the organ systems.

Inhalation of oxygen like the ingestion of food, sleep, touch and other modes of action are ways of replenishing the life-force as it manifests in matter.

The life-force is an aspect of the vital consciousness and the life-force animates matter and draws in life force from the universal life-force currents through breathing in of air, food, touch and rest, as stated above.

Ruach and nepesh are in this way dependent terms and both refer to the vital principle though of course the Hebrews were ignorant of the fact that the life-force was an aspect of the vital and that it (life force) had 5 currents and so on and they were also ignorant of the states of existence that exceeded the vital.

Vital exceeds matter, mind exceeds the vital, supermind exceeds the mind, and so on....

Actually the cosmic hierarchy is as follows:

1) Matter

2) Subtle Physical

3) Lower Vital

4) Higher Vital

5) Mind

6) Higher Mind

7) Illumined Mind

8) Intuition Mind

9) Overmind - 1

10) Overmind -2

11) Overmind - 3

12) Overmind - 4

13) Supermind - 1

14) Supermind - 2

15) Supermind - 3

16) Supermind -4

and so on.....

Everything about the Middle Eastern cults is based on the vital force.

The Hebrews were stuck on the lowly vital plane and their G-d too is a vital being, one being among many, that they chose to worship as they had been taught by the pre-Hebrew seers of the older cultures of the Middle East.

The soul is something else. Read my post on the soul.

Here it is. This is the true meaning of the soul and it far far exceeds the ordinary meaning of soul given by those very ignorant Hebrew patriarchs.

WHAT IS THE SOUL?

1) The soul is the psychic consciousness which is a supporting and organizing grade of consciousness with its concomitant energy that stands behind the mental, vital, subtle physical, gross physical and subconscient layers of consciousness.

2) The psychic is usually smothered in most human beings since perverse mental, vital and physical instincts tend to choke it.

3) Only under certain conditions of balance among the psychological, vital and physical elements and with sustained aspiration and intense concentration on its root vibration does the psychic effulge and come to the forefront.

4) The psychic is a delegation of the cosmic self which in turn is a projection of the supracosmic self and this in turn is a direct line of consciousness put forth by the unified field of consciousness-energy when it manifests.

CONCLUSION: The satan-worshipping, incestuously born and mass-murdering Hebrew patriarchs, our deluded and wolf-in-sheep's clothing, Jesus, and the satanist, inbred and mass-murdering Muhammad had no knowledge of the psychic and its higher gradations. Expected!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#51159 Apr 26, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL.
You're as confused as those ignorant Hebrew patriarchs.
Life force and vital airs mean almost the same thing and are aspects of the universal vital consciousness-force.
Life and breath are related terms in a deeper sense.
Besides, the infused life-force animates the physical forces like electromagnetism, matter, and its states - solid, liquid, gas, plasma, gluon-quark plasma, Einstein-Bose condensate and so on.
An aspect of the life-force with its pentuple currents infuses matter and in the body it is known as the physico-vital which gives life and animates the organ systems.
Inhalation of oxygen like the ingestion of food, sleep, touch and other modes of action are ways of replenishing the life-force as it manifests in matter.
The life-force is an aspect of the vital consciousness and the life-force animates matter and draws in life force from the universal life-force currents through breathing in of air, food, touch and rest, as stated above.
Ruach and nepesh are in this way dependent terms and both refer to the vital principle though of course the Hebrews were ignorant of the fact that the life-force was an aspect of the vital and that it (life force) had 5 currents and so on and they were also ignorant of the states of existence that exceeded the vital.
Vital exceeds matter, mind exceeds the vital, supermind exceeds the mind, and so on....
Actually the cosmic hierarchy is as follows:
1) Matter
2) Subtle Physical
3) Lower Vital
4) Higher Vital
5) Mind
6) Higher Mind
7) Illumined Mind
8) Intuition Mind
9) Overmind - 1
10) Overmind -2
11) Overmind - 3
12) Overmind - 4
13) Supermind - 1
14) Supermind - 2
15) Supermind - 3
16) Supermind -4
and so on.....
Everything about the Middle Eastern cults is based on the vital force.
The Hebrews were stuck on the lowly vital plane and their G-d too is a vital being, one being among many, that they chose to worship as they had been taught by the pre-Hebrew seers of the older cultures of the Middle East.
The soul is something else. Read my post on the soul.
Here it is. This is the true meaning of the soul and it far far exceeds the ordinary meaning of soul given by those very ignorant Hebrew patriarchs.
WHAT IS THE SOUL?
1) The soul is the psychic consciousness which is a supporting and organizing grade of consciousness with its concomitant energy that stands behind the mental, vital, subtle physical, gross physical and subconscient layers of consciousness.
2) The psychic is usually smothered in most human beings since perverse mental, vital and physical instincts tend to choke it.
3) Only under certain conditions of balance among the psychological, vital and physical elements and with sustained aspiration and intense concentration on its root vibration does the psychic effulge and come to the forefront.
4) The psychic is a delegation of the cosmic self which in turn is a projection of the supracosmic self and this in turn is a direct line of consciousness put forth by the unified field of consciousness-energy when it manifests.
CONCLUSION: The satan-worshipping, incestuously born and mass-murdering Hebrew patriarchs, our deluded and wolf-in-sheep's clothing, Jesus, and the satanist, inbred and mass-murdering Muhammad had no knowledge of the psychic and its higher gradations. Expected!
And you don't believe in intelligent design? You are too smart for your own good and the bible says you're a fool.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51160 Apr 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>

The Spirit is composed of Energy and consciousness which is connected to the mind.
Where are the terms energy and consciousness with their innate gradations mentioned in the Bible? There are no references to these entities. Besides, consciousness and energy are unified in the ultimate analysis and exist as a unified field with an inbuilt causal mechanism.

Spirit is therefore undefined in the Bible and is a mumbo jumbo term.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51161 Apr 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>

The Spirit is composed of Energy and consciousness which is connected to the mind.
So, you're setting up a dualism here by positing that energy, consciousness and mind are causally unrelated.

Mind is a specific gradation of the manifested unified field of consciousness-Energy.

Refer to the cosmic hierarchy that I'd posted earlier to understand the position of mind in it.

I'll type a detailed piece on mind later.
JOEL

Thane, India

#51162 Apr 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>

With the death of the brain, all our memories perish.
LOL.

Brain is the instrumental part of expressing the higher states of consciousness in matter.

Even when you have a functional brain the causal link between brain (matter) and consciousness is well-established and in fact what the consciousness perceives, feels, senses, thinks and so on is manifested as electrical impulses in matter (brain) and these get converted into synaptic connections and hormonal discharges etc.

On death, the imprints of your life activities and thoughts are stored in the psychic consciousness and so nothing is lost.

More on this later.

The Hebrew account of life, death and the afterlife is highly misleading but this only to be expected from the ignorant patriarchs.

Anyway.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#51163 Apr 26, 2013
False yogi on this thread?

Joel, who else?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51165 Apr 27, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider yourself a citizen?
Define your term, please.

I smell a trap.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#51166 Apr 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not totally, because they habitually ignore any evidence to the contrary. Thats part of evaluation of the evidence too
But we are splitting hairs.
Back to our friend's example.

What evidence does any religious person have for the existences of his deity.

Same evidence for the Easter Bunny.

At least ATF et al have some evidence, whether or not you agree with it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#51167 Apr 27, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're setting up a dualism here by positing that energy, consciousness and mind are causally unrelated.
Mind is a specific gradation of the manifested unified field of consciousness-Energy.
Refer to the cosmic hierarchy that I'd posted earlier to understand the position of mind in it.
I'll type a detailed piece on mind later.
I didn't say they were unrelated, I said they were related, Energy, consciousness and mind are the essence of the spirit of man which continues after death. Daniel 11:38 "But in his estate shall he honor the God of forces..." This is energy, electromagnetism, gravitation, and the nuclear force.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#51168 Apr 27, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Brain is the instrumental part of expressing the higher states of consciousness in matter.
Even when you have a functional brain the causal link between brain (matter) and consciousness is well-established and in fact what the consciousness perceives, feels, senses, thinks and so on is manifested as electrical impulses in matter (brain) and these get converted into synaptic connections and hormonal discharges etc.
On death, the imprints of your life activities and thoughts are stored in the psychic consciousness and so nothing is lost.
More on this later.
The Hebrew account of life, death and the afterlife is highly misleading but this only to be expected from the ignorant patriarchs.
Anyway.
The scripture says upon death all your thoughts perish, I'll believe the bible. We won't remember and feel the emotions of all the bad things that happened to us and the guilt of the sins we've committed.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#51169 Apr 27, 2013
Brain-dead fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:44 pm PST

Bleacher Report11:44PM