Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,278
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#50080 Mar 12, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---my glory is replenished by an inexhaustible Source.
Frijoles---TMI
HughBe--- which word is too much for you to bear? Is it, MY or GLORY or IS? Please choose the word or words that are a burden.
if you have to ask, it only shows how gone you are.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#50081 Mar 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
if you have to ask, it only shows how gone you are.
HughBe---my glory is replenished by an inexhaustible Source.

Frijoles---TMI

HughBe--- which word is too much for you to bear? Is it, MY or GLORY or IS? Please choose the word or words that are a burden.

Frijoles--if you have to ask, it only shows how gone you are.

HughBe-- On the contrary my child, I am amazed that you have encountered difficulties with SIMPLE language.

The problem is YOURS.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#50082 Mar 12, 2013
stop acting like a child
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50084 Mar 12, 2013
More on vipassana meditation, later. Too tired.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50085 Mar 12, 2013
VIPASSANA MEDITATION - 1:

Vipassana, a Pali word, is derived from the Sanskrit Vipash-ya-na which means gaining insights into the thatness of things - knowing the real nature of a thing that underlies the evanescence of the phenomenal form of the thing. I mean the form or the phenomena is transient but the underlying principle is eternal. It includes any meditation technique that cultivates insight including contemplation, introspection, observation of bodily sensations, analytic meditation, and observations about lived experience.

Let us analyze this in detail:

The questions arise -

A) Which state or plane of consciousness-energy does the principle of a particular impermanent phenomenon like say birth, suffering or death a part of?

B) From which state of consciousness can the principle of any of the above be perceived?

C) Can not the impermanence of a phenomenon be transformed into permanence?

D) If the phenomena is impermanent, can its core principle be permanent?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50086 Mar 12, 2013
DRAWBACK OF GAUTAM SIDDHARTA (THE BUDDHA):

All Buddhistic methods lead to escapism. They're obssessed with impermanence and see no stability in the system which is because Buddha failed to perceive the fixity of the Self beyond the transience of the cosmic phenomena. He neither perceived the Self nor the Absolute of which the Self in its supracosmic, cosmic and individualized aspects is a direct delegation in the Manifestation.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50087 Mar 12, 2013
MORE ON THE ERROR OF BUDDHISM WHICH EQUATES EVERYTHING WITH CHANGE & IMPERMANENCE:

1) If everything is a series of change and impermanence, then, how does this universe endure for aeons and is once again re-manifested after previously being dissolved?

2) Something that is always in a state of flux would have no steady or permanent basis and as such it would be impossible for such a universe based exclusively on never-ending changes to come into existence.

3) Change is observed with respect to something that is more or less changeable.

4) I see a ball moving on a table top and know it's in motion because the table top on which it is set into motion does not change its position with respect to me and so it's clear that in comparison to the unmoving table-observer system, the ball is in motion. However, when this event is seen from say a satellite above the earth frame, the ball, the table and the observer are all in motion given the rotation and revolution of the earth.

5) Logically speaking, there has to exist a state of absolute rest to compare every change with.

6) Change is a gradation that has two boundaries - absolute motion and absolute rest. The unification of both these extremes would give rise to a stato-dynamic state of existence other than either of these. Speed of light does not represent the state of absolute motion even where material bodies are concerned. The speed of light in vacuum barrier can be broken by material entities under special condition as demonstrated by scientific experiments and where the supraphysical states are concerned c can easily be shattered.

7) Science has not discovered the state of absolute motion nor the state of absolute rest since its methods of investigation and the collective as well as individual minds of the scientists are trapped within the framework of phenomena which is series of perpetual changes and so they fail to see the absolute states of motion and rest beyond all phenomena.

8) The first glimpse of the unified state of absolute motion and of absolute rest is perceived from the supramental plane where the unification principle comes into active play. The principles of the absolute states of motion and rest inhere in the absolute or in the unified field of consciousness-energy beyond all names, forms, attributes, non-attributes and phenomena.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50088 Mar 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

One doesnt really hold back from ones thoughts in meditation.
What would be the effect of this?

Aren't thoughts based on sense-based info/mental interpretations of these sensual inputs and so aren't thoughts inferential and limited as such and trap one perpetually in the mesh of a never-ending series of changes without entering into a state of permanence underlying all change.

1) Which part of the consciousness in involved in thinking?

2) Is the thoughtless state superior to the thinking state?

3) What is meant by the thoughtless state of existence?

4) How does one relate with the surroundings and analyze and draw conclusions from the thoughtless state?

5) If the thinker is the thought what remains to be achieved and what would be the end-result of such a phenomenon?

6) The Vipassana practitioner reaches the stage where gross bodily sensations (Vedana) dissolve and there is a subtle flow of sensations throughout the body, which is called bhangaanupassanaa (Sanskrit: bhangaanupashyanaajnyaana), knowledge of dissolution.

This is an ongoing process, that continues to reveal layer upon layer of mental purification.

What is meant by mental purification?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50089 Mar 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

However, mindfullness will allow you to delay "reacting" to your thoughts/emotions.
But, mere "mindfullness" is not mastery over thoughts and emotions nor does it result in the transformation of thoughts and emotions into something superior to the ordinary or unregenerate processes involved in thinking and emoting.

Mindfullness does not put one in touch with the thatness of thoughts and emotions.

Mindfullness may have its limited uses in psychological therapy as a way of moderating rash impulses, anger, impatience and the like but it does not result in eradicting the seeds of the personality defects.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50090 Mar 12, 2013
QUESTION:

What is the difference among concentration, meditation and trance?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50091 Mar 12, 2013
OLD MONEY & NEW MONEY:

Money is money and should not be classified as old money or new money.

What counts is how the money has been earned and to what use is it being put and what effect the money has had on the personality and habits of the moneyed folks.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50092 Mar 12, 2013
NOMA - YUCK!

I've been told that NOMA, the world's best restaurant, located in Copenhagen, serves repulsive fare. Like for instance, the plat du jour may announce toasted ants on one day, caterpillars in lemongrass sauce on another day or fried butterflies on some other day. I guess this is mild stuff when compared to the disgusting culinary items like lizard soup or stir-fried roaches dished up in certain Chinese restaurants.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50094 Mar 12, 2013
Circumcision is mutilation and nerve damaging.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50095 Mar 12, 2013
Cremation of a dead body is destructive to the finer forces that completely leave the body on the 6th or 7th after death.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50096 Mar 12, 2013
Cross is a symbol of treachery, murder and impotence.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50097 Mar 12, 2013
Formlessness has its own indefinable form.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50098 Mar 12, 2013
Forms and formlessness are aspects of idolatry.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50099 Mar 12, 2013
Truth is permanent, impartial and stands upright.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50100 Mar 12, 2013
Truth does not seek followers and is self-involved in its own glory.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#50102 Mar 12, 2013
Burial with the head facing the earth's magnetic south pole (towards the geographic north pole) is the best form of disposing off a dead body.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:44 pm PST

NBC Sports12:44PM