Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,188
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46781 Jan 9, 2013
El, YHVH, Allah, Krishna and Jesus are sectarian and limited beings.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46783 Jan 9, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Who prophesied about Jesus? LOL.
Moses, David, Isaiah and Micah to name a few.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46784 Jan 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Moses, David, Isaiah and Micah to name a few.
The observant Jews and Seaside Soon on this thread have disputed this claim and shown it to be wrong - The Christian claim is a case of deliberate and faulty translations/misinterpretation s. In my readings, too, I've not found any direct reference to either Jesus or Muhammad in the Tanakh or in any other scripture that pre-dates these bogus prophets.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46785 Jan 9, 2013
Poor Jesus came to save the world but he couldn't save himself. The world is in a bigger mess due to his advent. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46788 Jan 9, 2013
ROFL. (smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46789 Jan 9, 2013
Bye, BONOBO.

(smiles)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#46790 Jan 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses, David, Isaiah and Micah to name a few.
yeah, right.

not.

Please stay in your own backyard
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#46796 Jan 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Living aside the pseudo miracle of the milk... You started by saying which "swords" your prophet used against his enemies, but end up by telling the story of Muhammad feeding a foodless person named Abu Hurirah.
You went out the theme you started.
You did not read the opening statement before each story? That is the problem with you people.

Our prophet had "So many Swords" with him, the Sword of Steel was one of them, which he used rarely!!

Just wait, I will also provide instances where he did use the "Sword of Steel"!!

Just let me list so many cases where he could "kill" people without having to use his sword of steel!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#46797 Jan 9, 2013
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-35

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : SUWAID BIN SAMIT OF MEDINA

SUWAID BIN SAMIT was a resident of Madina and was one of the recognized poet of the city. He was titled as “perfect” by people of his city and he was memorizing most of the Words of Wisdom of LUQMAN HAKEEM, well known wise man of ancient Arabia.

This incident dates when the prophet was in Makkah and was preaching there. Once SUWAID BIN SAMIT went to Makkah to perform ritual of HAJJ or UMRAH. People went out to meet him and greet him. Prophet also met him and told about his mission and that Allah has sent His revelation thru him.

“May be it is something like wisdom of LUQMAN” said SUWAID BIN SAMIT. Prophet asked him to recite some verses from that wisdom.

For a long time SUWAID BIN SAMIT kept on reciting and prophet went on listening. When he was finished, prophet told him that indeed this is very good, but what Prophet has, was Word of God and light and guidance for humankind.

SUWAID BIN SAMIT asked prophet what it was, Prophet recited some portion of Quran. He was very much impressed and said that “indeed it is a very good thing and incomparable”

After that he. Returned to Madina, but he was soon killed by some one in a local dispute. People say that he had become muslim, but did not declare his faith.

Such was SUWAID BIN SAMIT who was fatally injured by the “Sword of Quran and patience” which prophet wielded!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#46798 Jan 9, 2013
JOEL wrote:
TANAKH VERSUS NT:
The NT should not be interpreted through the myopic lens of the Tanakh. Both preach quite different core philosophies. NT, in many critical parts, can be and should be evaluated in the light of the exalted monism taught by the Vedanta and Buddhism.
O Great false yogi, NT starts AFTER TANAKH is finished!! Do you not have even Basic Knowledge of Jewish and Christian Scriptures?

And you pass on your "judgments" on Jesus, Moses, Abraham and Noah!!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#46802 Jan 9, 2013
pipsqueak.
Gtown71

United States

#46803 Jan 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Poor Jesus came to save the world but he couldn't save himself. The world is in a bigger mess due to his advent. LOL.
He could have easily saved Himself, if His only concern was what this world think, as you do.
I geuss your one of them who is still waiting for a messaiah of your own choosing?
Or perhaps since you know, not only many big words, but a whole lot of other usless info, then maybe you believe you are god?
You are only repeating what your Jewish ansestors said years ago -He saved others, let Him save Himself.
If I could have the power to save others, then "I " would be a cake walk.

Do you believe in any god? Or is your faith and trust in evolution, which takes even greater faith to believe in?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#46805 Jan 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not read the opening statement before each story? That is the problem with you people.
Our prophet had "So many Swords" with him, the Sword of Steel was one of them, which he used rarely!!
Just wait, I will also provide instances where he did use the "Sword of Steel"!!
Just let me list so many cases where he could "kill" people without having to use his sword of steel!!
Yes I read the opening statement before each post. That of yesterday said this:

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-34

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : ABU HURIRAH AND PEOPLE OF SUFFAH"

Abu Hurirah in no way was enemy or an opponent of your prophet. Thus you went off topic.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#46806 Jan 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-35
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.
The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”
The Case of : SUWAID BIN SAMIT OF MEDINA
SUWAID BIN SAMIT was a resident of Madina and was one of the recognized poet of the city. He was titled as “perfect” by people of his city and he was memorizing most of the Words of Wisdom of LUQMAN HAKEEM, well known wise man of ancient Arabia.
This incident dates when the prophet was in Makkah and was preaching there. Once SUWAID BIN SAMIT went to Makkah to perform ritual of HAJJ or UMRAH. People went out to meet him and greet him. Prophet also met him and told about his mission and that Allah has sent His revelation thru him.
“May be it is something like wisdom of LUQMAN” said SUWAID BIN SAMIT. Prophet asked him to recite some verses from that wisdom.
For a long time SUWAID BIN SAMIT kept on reciting and prophet went on listening. When he was finished, prophet told him that indeed this is very good, but what Prophet has, was Word of God and light and guidance for humankind.
SUWAID BIN SAMIT asked prophet what it was, Prophet recited some portion of Quran. He was very much impressed and said that “indeed it is a very good thing and incomparable”
After that he. Returned to Madina, but he was soon killed by some one in a local dispute. People say that he had become muslim, but did not declare his faith.
Such was SUWAID BIN SAMIT who was fatally injured by the “Sword of Quran and patience” which prophet wielded!
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
Also here the title talk about enemies and so is the intro, but the whole topic talk about a poet who was not hostile at all to Muhammad.

Furthermore this story appear as a fabrication.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#46807 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>.
Do you believe in any god? Or is your faith and trust in evolution, which takes even greater faith to believe in?
Pet peeve of mine. It hardly takes faith to follow the evidence. Stick to the topics you know best, and leave science to those that actually understand it.
Gtown71

United States

#46808 Jan 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Pet peeve of mine. It hardly takes faith to follow the evidence. Stick to the topics you know best, and leave science to those that actually understand it.
I will be the first to say I'm no scientist, but not sure what evidence they have that proves anything.
Lucy was and is a lie, yet still in the museums and books, and the only basic thing of evolution to ever be seen is when you take two different animals of the same kind and breed them, you get a variation of that kind of animal.
Perhaps you can educate me?

I do know 100%, that I was awaken one night by "a force ",and after yeilding to this force, my life was forever changed. Not sure if evolution can exolain that or not. Even if the cursing, drinking, lying, and other stuff went away, I could've been told, that I had my mind clear of all things, and that's the reason I didn't need those anymore, but still didn't explain why, for the first time in my life, I had a strong desire to read the bible, pray, and watch preaching for many hours at a time.
To also find others like me -who was not raised up in religion, yet they to had a great change, and they to give the credit to Jesus Christ.

Before that night, I didn't really know how all was created. I now fully believe God.
Pedo

Las Cruces, NM

#46809 Jan 10, 2013
Isn't it funny that ho-mo people have hom-o thoughts? and gay people act gay? I thought it's kinda funny because a f-ag has fa-ggity thoughts all day. They just can't stop being a qu-eer? Wow. Go figure!
Gtown71

United States

#46810 Jan 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Pet peeve of mine. It hardly takes faith to follow the evidence. Stick to the topics you know best, and leave science to those that actually understand it.
I managed a small store years ago that was open 24/7.
While on vacation one year, 1000 bucks came up missing, it was between a black guy named will, and my assistant mgr. Vannesa.
She left the safe open, so incase will needed money during the night shift. My boss and I thought it was will, but with no hard "proff "we had to fire vannessa, for leaving the safe open. Although it was sorta common to do that back then, it was still against the rules, and so it was.

I hired a very sweet lady named donna, who's arms and legs were alittle shorter then normal. Will was teaching her how to count down her drawer, and within a week of her new job, 1000 bucks came up missing from her drawer, this time it was either the new girl or will.
My bosses words were "we got him! ". I agreed. We both suspected him the first time, but once he did it again, we knew we had him. I had to call him in and fire him, while my boss was searching options to charge him with theift.

Another two weeks go by with no problem, when one day I get a call from a jail, it was an inmate calling me, and asking if I wanted to know who took the 1000 dollars. I asked "which time? ". He gave me a date, and it was the secound time. He then sends me a letter, that his wife had wrote him, while he was in jail, it seems, that she started dating another guy, and the other guy threatened her, and told her, that he would tell her husband about their affair, if she didn't steal him 1000 bucks. It was the sweet little new girl, vanessa. In her own handwriting.

I learned alot from that. Sonetimes all evidence can point to one thing, when it was another all along.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46811 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He could have easily saved Himself, if His only concern was what this world think, as you do.
I geuss your one of them who is still waiting for a messaiah of your own choosing?
Or perhaps since you know, not only many big words, but a whole lot of other usless info, then maybe you believe you are god?
You are only repeating what your Jewish ansestors said years ago -He saved others, let Him save Himself.
If I could have the power to save others, then "I " would be a cake walk.
Do you believe in any god? Or is your faith and trust in evolution, which takes even greater faith to believe in?
rabbee: you all do not, understand scripture. if scripture says, your going to die. then there is nothing, anyone can do about it. it is already written, that Adam is put to death. and is always returned as adam and his mate. there is nothing you can do, to change any of this. as long as this whole world, keeps making all the same mistakes expecting different results. then we are not, going to get the GanEden Story happening for us all. cause you all helped, snuff out your own immortality. cause you all, did it yourself. and have no one to blame, but yourselves.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#46812 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be the first to say I'm no scientist, but not sure what evidence they have that proves anything.
Lucy was and is a lie, yet still in the museums and books, and the only basic thing of evolution to ever be seen is when you take two different animals of the same kind and breed them, you get a variation of that kind of animal.
Perhaps you can educate me?
I do know 100%, that I was awaken one night by "a force ",and after yeilding to this force, my life was forever changed. Not sure if evolution can exolain that or not. Even if the cursing, drinking, lying, and other stuff went away, I could've been told, that I had my mind clear of all things, and that's the reason I didn't need those anymore, but still didn't explain why, for the first time in my life, I had a strong desire to read the bible, pray, and watch preaching for many hours at a time.
To also find others like me -who was not raised up in religion, yet they to had a great change, and they to give the credit to Jesus Christ.
Before that night, I didn't really know how all was created. I now fully believe God.
1. Lucy is a lie? First I'm hearing of that. You'll need to provide citations from credible scientists for that assertion.

2. Evolution is a gradual process that typically does not happen within the span of a lifetime (except at the microbial level, in which case speciation is observed). You don't need to see it physically happen before your eyes in order to study both the biological and genealogical evidence.

3. I'm glad you straightened your life out, but your nocturnal premonitions are nothing more than the product of an overstimulated mind. Your subjective experiences mean nothing to anyone but yourself. Nothing wrong with that, but don't expect others to simply take your word for it. And they certainly have no relevance to the topic of evolution.

4. Like I said, stick to the topics you know. Stay away from scientific discussions unless you are willing to take the time and educate yourself first and make an effort to understand it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Peyton intent on playing for Broncos in 2015
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Bold Predictions for the 49ers' Week 17 Matchup
Bleacher Report 3:06 PM
Peyton: I Plan on Being Back in 2015
NBC Sports 3:10 PM
Rookie Thomas becomes 4th Cardinals QB of season - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 9:56 PM
Peyton Manning fully participates in practice