Ans.01. Putting armed guards or arming the teachers will never happen in the USA. We are too scared of being sued for the guards or the teachers accidentally shooting a kid during a response to a situation like that of the recent shootings.
There are a few things we can do:
- outlaw all guns, in which case, only the criminals and the cops have guns, reference the mess in Mexico for results of such action
- armed guards at all schools. This will not happen because the plan is to cut school funding, not increase it. No money means no guards and there is the issue of lawsuits in case of an accident and liability on the part of the school system that authorized the guards.
- arm the teachers or some teachers. This will not happen for liability reasons, schools don't want to be sued and personal liability, the teachers would be stupid to accept this as they carry additional liability and open themselves up to lawsuits and potential criminal action.
- metal detectors at all school entrances. This will catch all metal items, but requires someone to man it, again money issues, will never happen.
- mass spectrometer for explosives detection, again money issues.
- NOTHING. The most likely outcome. This requires no expenditure of money. No additional effort and we continue as we are.
There is no pretty solution to this problem. The issue is that crazy people will get weapons regardless of the laws. It all comes back to personal responsibility.
I see in the article it turns out Israel was combating organized terrorism and not crazy loonies just shooting up the schools.
My personal thought is that armed guards would help resolve the problem as well as armed teachers, but you'd have to be able to waive all liabilities.
As a crazy shooter, you are less likely to go shoot up a place where you know others will shoot back. You will be looking for fish in a barrel, not to walk into the heina's den.
And btw, MUQ, you keep posting a bunch of crap that you didn't write and your style sucks. Show some intelligence and offer up some original thoughts. No one is going to be upset about original thoughts, it's all the BS that you copy and paste. Look, Beans posted a nice link and people read it.
Thanks for listing all the “options”, none of them are practical because of “Money” issue.
So why do you not solve the money issue and consider protecting your children as “one of highest priority”?
Such incidents do not happen in our schools, what is the reason?
There is nothing wrong in posting something which others wrote if the intention is correct.