Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,302
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#45971 Dec 22, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I had UVerse for a little while. Then, the promo ran out and they tried to almost double the price and wouldn't negotiate, sooo, hasta la vista. Have they gotten competitive again?
Nah, I have the promo. At the end of the term if they double I'll just go to cable.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#45972 Dec 22, 2012
moderation wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess if you were a jew you ought to worry as many bankers and many jews in high spots.
I read your sentence three time and I still couldnt understand it.

If you have something you would like to communicate, try the standard noun-verb-noun configuration. After you master that, perhaps you can start adding adverbs, linking verbs, and adjectives. But for now I would start simple.

And stay off the crack.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#45973 Dec 22, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ fancies himself a logical thinker but it becomes quickly obvious that he failed logic 101.
He even has the audacity to criticize people of other faiths yet, his faith his built upon the same quicksand as everyone else's.
On the bright side, his responses can be quite amusing.
He's a logical thinker if logic involves pulling crazy ideas out of his asteroids and feebly attempting to convince others that he is correct. Who cares what your faith may be. Everyone believes what they want and the world moves on. I don't buy what any of these religions preach or teach. Be the best person you can be and you can do no more. If at the time of your death something else follows and you've not done enough during your life to merit that gift, then you really didn't need it.

I'll have to agree that this guys thoughts are out there sometimes and entertaining at times.

Tell a good story and people will follow.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#45974 Dec 22, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your sentence three time and I still couldnt understand it.
If you have something you would like to communicate, try the standard noun-verb-noun configuration. After you master that, perhaps you can start adding adverbs, linking verbs, and adjectives. But for now I would start simple.
And stay off the crack.
Thanks for the english lesson. I'd stick to simply reading what is written. My point was that there are many jews in high places to include banks. Your article stated something about the guys motives being sparked by the media hype regarding the ragheads. Same could be true for jews. The only crack is that big thing between your azz cheeks. Get back to the english lesson if you feel the desire.
Gtown71

United States

#45975 Dec 22, 2012
idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a logical thinker if logic involves pulling crazy ideas out of his asteroids and feebly attempting to convince others that he is correct. Who cares what your faith may be. Everyone believes what they want and the world moves on. I don't buy what any of these religions preach or teach. Be the best person you can be and you can do no more. If at the time of your death something else follows and you've not done enough during your life to merit that gift, then you really didn't need it.
I'll have to agree that this guys thoughts are out there sometimes and entertaining at times.
Tell a good story and people will follow.
Just a quick question, but when does soneone merit a gift?
If I work, then I earn wages.
If soneone offers me a free gift, then all I can do is accept it or not, right?

Hey I even offer people 2 ways to Heaven.
1. Live a sinnless life, die and go.
2. Be sick of trying to live a sinnless life, and turn to the only one, that ever did (Jesus Christ), and accept His free gift.
Ok, enough for now, just wanted to know how people earn a free gift?:)
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#45976 Dec 22, 2012
idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that there are many jews in high places to include banks. Your article stated something about the guys motives being sparked by the media hype regarding the ragheads. Same could be true for jews.
Please state your linkage between Jews and the article. I am still unclear what you are trying to say. I'd imagine it isnt very positive, but I'd be interested never the less.

Third times a charm.

BTW there are many people in banking. Not just jews.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#45977 Dec 22, 2012
I think I got it.

Are you saying that the media hypes the Jewish banking stereotype, which may incite some loonie?

The only problem with that idea is that the mainstream media, including FOX doesnt really propagate that stereotype. Only the flung out extreme media.

But I agree, many anti-semites have never met a real Jew, live and in person. MUQ never has.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#45978 Dec 22, 2012
On the other hand, the mainstream Arab media probably does endorse that stereotype.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#45979 Dec 22, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
I think I got it.
Are you saying that the media hypes the Jewish banking stereotype, which may incite some loonie?
The only problem with that idea is that the mainstream media, including FOX doesnt really propagate that stereotype. Only the flung out extreme media.
But I agree, many anti-semites have never met a real Jew, live and in person. MUQ never has.
Roger that. The media is great at stereotyping and bringing controversy and building hype. I've met only a few and they were nice people who didn't push their religious beliefs on me so we were good.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#45980 Dec 22, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I had UVerse for a little while. Then, the promo ran out and they tried to almost double the price and wouldn't negotiate, sooo, hasta la vista. Have they gotten competitive again?
Interesting side effect since the upgrade- half the times the page doesnt fully load - I miss the bottom and I have to refresh once or twice before the window gets it right. Only seems to happen on Topix site.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#45981 Dec 22, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a quick question, but when does soneone merit a gift?
If I work, then I earn wages.
If soneone offers me a free gift, then all I can do is accept it or not, right?
Hey I even offer people 2 ways to Heaven.
1. Live a sinnless life, die and go.
2. Be sick of trying to live a sinnless life, and turn to the only one, that ever did (Jesus Christ), and accept His free gift.
Ok, enough for now, just wanted to know how people earn a free gift?:)
Do as you wish. A sinless life is not possible and who would want to live it? Again, you assume that Jesus lived a sinless life based on a story that you read. Again, he was a simple prophet like many others. Was there a link between Jesus and God or the gods? Hard to prove.

You take a free gift if it comes, but if it doesn't come, you don't worry about it. In my mind, the worst thing you can do is to spend a lifetime trying to please something that you do not know and/or fully understand.

Live your life to the best of your ability. If the time comes for you to come before God and he asks you why you didn't do more for Him, maybe that's not a place where you really wanted to be. Of course, if your time comes and they simply put you under the ground, it'll be good to know that you lived your life for you and not for God or anyone else. It is your time, use it wisely.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45982 Dec 22, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting side effect since the upgrade- half the times the page doesnt fully load - I miss the bottom and I have to refresh once or twice before the window gets it right. Only seems to happen on Topix site.
rabbee: twice the virus and spyware, at slightly less than double the price? such a deal!
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#45983 Dec 22, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: twice the virus and spyware, at slightly less than double the price? such a deal!
yeah but its quicker! time is money they say.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#45984 Dec 22, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-14

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : SUHAIL BIN ‘AMR BIN ABD SHAMS

A. Early History:

Suhail was one of Important Chieftain of Makkah, when our prophet declared his mission. He was well known for his oratory skills and his reasoning power and judgment.

But all his skills were used to extinguish the mission of prophet and he was an important member of Anti Islamic council.

God works in his strange ways, Suhail was an avowed enemy of Islam, but both his daughters and two of his sons, were very early converts to Islam. May be there conversion inflamed his anti Islamic bias further.

He chained one of his son Abu Jindal, so that he should not escape and merge with Muslims. He not only chained his round the clock but tortured him so that he may renounce his religion.

All days of his Makkan period, Suhail was the bitterest enemy of prophet. When prophet migrated to Madina, Suhail was member of Makkan army that met Muslim forces at Badr. He was captured live my Muslim forces.

Omar suggested to prophet to take out his front two teeth….so that he may not use his oratory skills…..but prophet said that Allah has prevented him from disfiguring people’s faces.

B. Suhail and Treaty of Hudaibiyah:

It has been mentioned in the story of Urwah, that he returned to Makkah to take prophet’s message and negotiate peace terms. After discussions, Makkah people chose Suhail as their ambassador to finalize peace terms.

Suhail tried his best to get “Best Bargain” from Muslims in the famous treaty. In fact prophet accepted ALL their terms and did not put any condition from his side. Even during dictating the treaty, Suhail continued his “belligerent” mood. The treaty was written in this way, Ali the cousin of prophet was dictating and Prophet was dictating:

“In the name of Allah, RAHMAN and RAHIM” dictated prophet

“We do not know who is this RAHMAN and RAHIM, Write Allah, in your name” Interjected Suhail, Prophet consented and asked Ali to write what Suhail told”

“This is what agreed between Mohammad, Allah’s Messenger….” Said the prophet.

“Stop, Stop” interjected Suhail “If we knew you are Allah’s messenger, why will we fight with you. Write Mohammad the Son of Abdullah”

“You know I am Allah’s Messenger” said prophet “even though you do not say it openly, he then asked to write what Suhail said”

Ali had already written Mohammad, Allah’s Messenger, he said that he would never erase this sentence, when Ali was Adamant, prophet asked him to show, where Allah’s messenger was written, he erased it with his own hand!!

“Muslims will return back this year without performing UMRAH, but they would be allowed next year and will not stay for more than three years” Said Suhail and prophet accepted.

“If any one will flee from Makkah to Madina , Muslims would return him back, but if any one would flee from Madina to Makkah, he will not be returned” Said Suhail and prophet accepted (Many Muslims felt that this was unfair, but did not open their mouths).

“There will be ten years of peace between Muslims and Makkah people, no one will harm the other. From the tribes, they are free to join with Makkan or Madina, there is no bounds on them” said Suhail and prophet agreed.

Thus the famous treaty was signed and enforced.

(Contd.)

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#45985 Dec 22, 2012
C. Abu Jundal and Hudaibiyah:

The treaty was not yet signed, when Abu Jindal, the son of Suhail, somehow escaped from his prison and reached Hudaibiyah, his hand and feet were bleeding and his body bore mark of abuses and repeated torture.

He beseeched Muslims to take him to Madina, but Suhail was adamant to take him back to Makkah. Prophet told that treaty has not yet been signed, but Suhail said that the terms were already agreed, and this is the first test case.

Prophet requested Suhail to release Abu Jindal as a personal favour for him, but Suhail did not relent. So in the end prophet told Abu Jindal to be patient and hold faith in Allah, soon Allah will make some provision for his realise.

So, in front of the eyes of all Muslims,, Abu Jindal was dragged back to Makkah, bleeding, weeping and in chains.

Such was the Condition of Heart of Suhail bin “Amr at that stage.

D. How Suhail was slain:

When Prophet captured Makkah in 8 A\H, he announced general amnesty and Suhail was also covered in that amnesty.

He accepted Islam at the hands of prophet after fall of Makkah. Prophet gave him 100 Camels to strengthen his faith from the booty of HUNAIN.

In the remaining years of prophets life, Suhail was a good Muslim….when prophet died three years later…and whole of Arabia was engulfed in internal strife and rebellion, Suhail stood firm in his faith . He not only stood fast, but kept all Makkah people also firm, he said:

“O people of Makkah! You were the last to accept Islam, be not the First to escape from it”!! So due to his oratory skills, he saved Makkah during that difficult period.

Omar used to say “If prophet had destroyed the teeth of Suhail, after Badr, as I had suggested, how he would have helped Muslims in their period of Trial. Obviously Prophet knew more than what we could perceive”!!

Such was Suhial, the Son of ‘Amr, whose heart of stone was made mallow by the “Sword of Compassion and Charity of prophet”

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#45986 Dec 22, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic has been acting strange for me as well. There is a video popup that it keeps trying to load and my browser is only half successful at preventing it.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#45987 Dec 22, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-14
(Contd.)
I see that you decided not to follow-on to your crazy theories. Much easier to post stories that others write. How many parts are there to the story and why not simply put the link and clog the forum a little less?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#45988 Dec 22, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic has been acting strange for me as well. There is a video popup that it keeps trying to load and my browser is only half successful at preventing it.
Topix and the Advocate are by far the slowest running sites for me, too many add-ons.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#45989 Dec 22, 2012
idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you decided not to follow-on to your crazy theories. Much easier to post stories that others write. How many parts are there to the story and why not simply put the link and clog the forum a little less?
He will probably get around to it eventually. First he posts his religious spam, usually in quick succession on a few different forums. Then he answers his messages....
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45990 Dec 22, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah but its quicker! time is money they say.
rabbee: wine is fine, but licker is quicker?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) 10 hr Simo2504 616
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web