Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72042 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45792 Dec 18, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find the moon and sun very interesting.
when my heater goes out, it is becouse I ran out of gas.
Wood stoves must be filled.
The sun has been burning for almost 7000 years "millions or billions "if you believe evolution, which is more amazing. Lol
I worship the creator, not the creation.
Oh and merry christmas, not sure what you said about a samwich? Lol
I'm no where near chicago, but have been there before.:)
evidence for the presence of the moon
vs
evidence for the presence of Jesus

(please dont make this any harder for us here...)
former res

Broomall, PA

#45799 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace through arrogance
As old as the history of the world, and the root of much conflict in its own.
I can understand it though. Regarding the brotherly/family/friend aspect...

If I were truly convinced that I had this huge secret that would save me and bring me much happiness and inner peace, I suppose I would want to share it with those I care about.(Not to mention the good book encourages one to spread the word..)

The difference would be that I hope, once it was made clear they weren't interested (and were actually getting a bit annoyed by it all), I would cease and desist.

Common courtesy and all.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45800 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not what "chosen" means to a Jewish person.
We are not "chosen" to succeed, we are "chosen" to be obligated to follow Gods commandments (mitzvot).
I very surpised that you made this error - I thought you knew something about Judaism and our scripture.
Frijoles---Thats not what "chosen" means to a Jewish person.

We are not "chosen" to succeed, we are "chosen" to be obligated to follow Gods commandments (mitzvot).

HughBe--- Greetings, my misguided friend. How are you? I have a Christmas present for you. The present is PROOF, to the literate, that there are TWO Jehovahs in the Tanach.

Please quote the passages from the Tanach that support your words above.

former res

Broomall, PA

#45801 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I made my peace with xmas a while back - to the degree I can. As it is celebrated here, its not really a religious or even a Christian holyday, and its roots are celestial/pagan (which to me is a plus).
However you will still not see me getting a tree. Or a "Hannuakh Bush". Nor do I really give out presents for hannukah.
Do you light the manorah?

Do you like the Adam Sandler song?

His 9/11 Concert for NY song was great too.
former res

Broomall, PA

#45802 Dec 18, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Jon Stewart has been doing some pretty funny stuff lately, mainly in response to Fox's "War on Christmas".
Check this clip out. The really funny part starts around the 3:50 mark.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-decembe...
I watch/DVR him and Colbert relgiously ;).(Though I don't always watch the interview portion, depending..)

They're on a 3-week break now. Nice work if you can get it.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45803 Dec 18, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you light the manorah?
Do you like the Adam Sandler song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Rd1Pyu9_rxoXX
His 9/11 Concert for NY song was great too.
yes, we lit the menorah - all eight nights. I tolerate Sandler.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45804 Dec 18, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand it though. Regarding the brotherly/family/friend aspect...
If I were truly convinced that I had this huge secret that would save me and bring me much happiness and inner peace, I suppose I would want to share it with those I care about.(Not to mention the good book encourages one to spread the word..)
The difference would be that I hope, once it was made clear they weren't interested (and were actually getting a bit annoyed by it all), I would cease and desist.
Common courtesy and all.
What comes to mind are hippies dosing our water supply, and semi-clad Ecstasy users dosing each other.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45805 Dec 18, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Greetings, my misguided friend. How are you? I have a Christmas present for you. The present is PROOF, to the literate, that there are TWO Jehovahs in the Tanach.
Please quote the passages from the Tanach that support your words above.
Cant be a present if the other party does not want to receive it.

Peace through arrogance - once again.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#45806 Dec 18, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to clarify, that although I enjoyed my beer, and did abuse it when I drink it, and enjoyed my pain pills, I was not a alcoholic.
As far as what you might consider.
I geuss from reading other things you wrote, you might be referring to guys who have a "jail house " conversion. Lol
I to seen this, although I was never arrested, I did do jail ministries for a while, and seen guys that "converted" to help them out.
People claim Jesus for many reasons, but many do so falsley.
Like the two theives on the cross next to Jesus?
One would have said anything, just to get down and continue his sin.
The other is a perfect example of a true conversion! He reaconized who He was as a sinner, then He recognized who Jesus was as a savior.
One died in his Sin, and went to Hell.
The other asked Jesus to remember him, when He come into His Kingdom.
Jesus told that one, that very day, that he would be with Him in paradise.
When the soldiers went out to break the legs of the condemed, they did break the legs of both theives, but when they got to Jesus, they broke nothing, becouse He was already dead.
The thief didn't get to go to church to be baptized or do any religious act at all.
He went to heaven, becouse he realized who he was, and who Jesus was.
people try to complicate this, and make it hard, when all the hard work was done by Jesus.
Merry Christmas
Some constructive criticism - You can save yourself some time by knowing that I'm very familiar with the myth. I just don't buy it as factual and retelling the stories or quoting from the bible isn't going to change my mind.
former res

Broomall, PA

#45807 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, we lit the menorah - all eight nights. I tolerate Sandler.
He's like Tyler Perry, and so many.

Not critically loved or respected, but he has his core audience and is laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't enjoy his movies but like those couple of songs plus the one he just did for the Sandy benefit concert.

Location hidden

#45808 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out- its even eating other hollidays now!
My favorite is the Fred Flinstone Christmas Special - celebrating Jesus' birth, thousands of years before he was born.
former res

Broomall, PA

#45809 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What comes to mind are hippies dosing our water supply, and semi-clad Ecstasy users dosing each other.
Rape comes to mind too if you're going into assault.(My tool is so wonderful, I must share it.)

Seems like a reach though.(So to speak, not 'reach around.')

More like, I found this new lawn service and must tell you all about how great it is!

:)

Did the hippies do that? Acid?
former res

Broomall, PA

#45810 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the USA spreading democracy at the point of a gun.

Long history of that.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45811 Dec 18, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Historically, this defines the Jewish people.
Thank you for this.
This is correct.
HughBe ---Frijoles' Post 45237---An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also UNIFIED by a common religious background.

Former--Historically, this defines the Jewish people.
Thank you for this.

This is correct.

HughBe---Once again, there has virtually NEVER been a UNIFIED or SINGLE religion of the Jewish people.

Please follow.

1. The pre-exodus Jews DID NOT have your UNIFIED or SINGlE religion "Judaism" and that is a FACT. So, your claim that a UNIFIED religion has historically "defines the Jewish people" is FALSE

2. Which religion has HISTORICALLY been practised by the Jews? Answer is paganism.

3.What god did they turn to IMMEDIATELY after leaving Egypt? The one they knew i.e. a GOLDEN CALF.

4. After the division of the kingdom into the Northern and Southern kingdoms the Northern Kingdom was PERPETUALLY into IDOLATRY. In other words, the JEWS did NOT keep your "Judaism". So there was no UNIFIED or Single religion as you have claimed. These are the facts of HISTORY, so correct it.

5. The captivity of both kingdoms were because the Jews REJECTED God and His commandments. Put it this way, your claim that a UNIFIED religious system or Judaism has historically "defines the Jewish people" is FALSE. History shows that the consistenly UNIFIED religious system was paganism.

6. Fast forward to TODAY December 18, 2012 nearly 50% of Jews are secular and some are into Eastern religious. These facts make your UNIFIED claim a LIE. These numbers did not come about overnight.

7. Finally, whether or not YOU and others like it Christianity has been HISTORICALLY a JEWISH religion. JEWS formed it and for over 300 years it was regarded as a JEWISH sect. I speak from memory in terms of the 300.

Location hidden

#45812 Dec 18, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch/DVR him and Colbert relgiously ;).(Though I don't always watch the interview portion, depending..)
They're on a 3-week break now. Nice work if you can get it.
Lucky for him that he's on a break. Imagine trying to crack jokes given the situation in Newtown and the somber mood of many viewers?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45813 Dec 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Cant be a present if the other party does not want to receive it.

HughBe--- Are you really telling me that you have no interest in learning what is in YOUR Tanach and in particular that it clearly shows that there are TWO Jehovahs?

In addition, I am waiting for a response to what comes below.

HughBe--- Please quote the passages from the Tanach that support your words above.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45814 Dec 18, 2012
I shall see you all later.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45815 Dec 18, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite is the Fred Flinstone Christmas Special - celebrating Jesus' birth, thousands of years before he was born.
You do realize that is the core viewpoint of every Christian that sees Jesus in the Jewish scriptures (Huggy for example..)
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45816 Dec 18, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape comes to mind too if you're going into assault.(My tool is so wonderful, I must share it.)
Seems like a reach though.(So to speak, not 'reach around.')
More like, I found this new lawn service and must tell you all about how great it is!
:)
Did the hippies do that? Acid?
thats was always the fear. 35 years before the 911 to boot.

LAwn service - Like that metaphor
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#45817 Dec 18, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky for him that he's on a break. Imagine trying to crack jokes given the situation in Newtown and the somber mood of many viewers?
Interesting times.

Been following the story of Fox news. The executive producer told the staff not to mention gun control controversy last weekend. and then some staff rebelled, kind of. Interesting. And it turns out that while all of this was going on Rupert Murdoch has tweeted strongly in favor of gun control.

I had a psychologist at the gym this morning next to me tell me (with too much cofee)that its not about gun control, its about mental health - dammit!(Why does it have to be about anything? Isnt it about everything??)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Deputy sheriff Michael Aguirre Wife beater Wed INFORMATION 7
Silver city sheriff Michael aguirre wife beater May 23 Jessie 3
Former deputy Michel Aguirre back in custody May 23 Silver City Daily... 1
Local Politics Do you approve of James R. Marshall as Mayor? (Mar '12) Apr '17 bewildered 5
News More streetlights installed on Bullard Street, ... Apr '17 Nice 1
News New Mexico airline service threatened if White ... Mar '17 lambert 1
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2

Pinos Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages