Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
41,081 - 41,100 of 68,374 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45321
Dec 12, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are subgroups of muslims who are ethno-religious, but to be a muslim you dont necessarily have to be.
Ditto for Christians.
Both Islam and Christianity are religions of individuals, but that does not preclude an ethnic group from adopting some host version of that religion for their tribal group.
Wiki had some examples of this.
You would benefit to study the Social Sciences sometime - maybe start with Anthropology and then branch into Sociology.
But apparently, Huggy learns everything he needs to know from these forums. Well, that and that mythology book.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45322
Dec 12, 2012
 
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
But apparently, Huggy learns everything he needs to know from these forums. Well, that and that mythology book.
I honestly wonder if he is one of those fundamentalists who would walk out of an Anthropology 100 lecture because the movie he is watching is the work of the devil.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45323
Dec 12, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly wonder if he is one of those fundamentalists who would walk out of an Anthropology 100 lecture because the movie he is watching is the work of the devil.
I think the prospect of actually learning something that would conflict with his religious beliefs would be enough to scare him away from even attempting to take the class. Got to protect the integrity of the bubble he lives in at all costs.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45324
Dec 12, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt matter. Look up the meaning of either/or. If you are a jew, in most likelihood you either practice the religion OR are related to someone that does.
FR pretty much nailed it. Either you are religious, or you are ethnically, or both.
You are the ONLY person on this planet who refuses to believe this. Thats YOUR cognitive issue, not OURS.
HughBe---Please FOCUS and try your best to address my post in an intelligent way. Thanks in advance.

Frijoles---If you are a jew, in MOST likelihood you either practice the religion OR are related to someone that does.

HughBe--- Do you have any idea the percentage of Jews that are secular? Clearly NOT. Your "MOST likelihood you either practice the religion.. " is very FOOLISH to say the least.

Now, so what if you are related to someone who practices Judaism? Does that make you a Judaite like you? NO.

If you are related to a Christian does that make you a Christian? NO.

Does the relationship with a believer makes the atheist Jew a believer in God? Does it mean that they have not rejected the way of God?

Where do you get these strange doctrines? Is in in the scriptures? NO. Is it from your rabbis? Most likely YES. As such, it is an example of why I call your rabbis IDIOTS and DECEIVERS. Explain the role of BLOOD relationship that you have no turned to. What are you really saying here?

Back to the outstanding matters.

Frijoles---"An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also UNIFIED by a common religious background."

HughBe--- Please explain to me how such a quote supports your point about Jews being an ethno-religious group.

HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in religion with other Jews who do NOT share your religious beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45325
Dec 12, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are subgroups of muslims who are ethno-religious, but to be a muslim you dont necessarily have to be.
Ditto for Christians.
Both Islam and Christianity are religions of individuals, but that does not preclude an ethnic group from adopting some host version of that religion for their tribal group.
Wiki had some examples of this.
You would benefit to study the Social Sciences sometime - maybe start with Anthropology and then branch into Sociology.
First things first. Address my post below e.g.do the reconciliation and answer the questions e.g. what is genetics etc.

HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?

So you speak of MIXTURE and part of that MIX is RACE/genetics.

Frijoles---Hence the term ETHNO-RELIGOUS....

HughBe--- BS. It is a tool that is used to enslave others. I have demonstrated this countless times. You shall now be given the opportunity to do it yourself.

Tell me about the RELIGIOUS aspect of atheists, agnostics and other secular or non-RELIGIOUS Jews.

Do you suppose that the Jews in Jamaica observe the culture of Jamaica? What is culture?

Reconcile your make-belief with the reality.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45326
Dec 12, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Race in that context is not really about race,(no social or biological scientist this century would call it as such).
What you are getting at is skin color.
Yes, discrimination on basis of skin color happens in the US. We are far from a perfect society.
Had you been an American you would have learnt long ago that RACE is a MAJOR issue in the US. Given that you are slow you really should have learnt even in 2012 and in fact it played a major part in the American election for president.

The more educated whites and younger ones voted based on their BRAINS older ones like you voted based on your feelings whatever those are.
Do the research, sometimes you can leave Israel your homeland and visit and look at other countries.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45327
Dec 12, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense.
I think what you are referring to is "ancestry", which is a factor of genetics/relatedness.
Please THINK before you open your mouth and remove all doubts. I am NOT speaking about ANCESTRY. Tell me the word or words in my post below that are confusing you and leading down your natural path of stupidity.

HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?
So you speak of MIXTURE and part of that MIX is RACE/genetics
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45328
Dec 12, 2012
 
My dear Frijoles please don't RUN from YOUR quote below. Address the post.

UNDERSTAND this, the definition that YOU used to support your FALSE claim about Jews being ethnoreligious exposes the NONSENSE and LIE that you and others like you promote.

THERE is NO UNIFIED religion of atheists Jews and nuts like you and that is a FACT.

Frijoles---"An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also UNIFIED by a common religious background."

HughBe--- Please explain to me how such a quote supports your point about Jews being an ethno-religious group.

HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in RELIGION with other Jews who do NOT share your RELIGIOUS beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45329
Dec 12, 2012
 
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
But apparently, Huggy learns everything he needs to know from these forums. Well, that and that mythology book.
Hi Cunti, I learn somethings on this forum and it is a pity that you are unable to do likewise.

One example, I have learnt that RELIGIOUS people can be VERY VERY DECEPTIVE and DISHONEST especially those of a particular religion.

I am not joking and I am being TRUTHFUL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45330
Dec 12, 2012
 
HughBe wrote:
bye-Frijie.
Are you the dim-wit who is ALWAYS putting the helpful icon on my post when I depart?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45331
Dec 12, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
Why Climate Change Denial Is Just Hot Air
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012...
Itís nonsense. And worse, itís dangerous nonsense. Because theyíre fiddling with the data while the world burns.
As I recall, at the time Al Gore made the Inconvenient Truth film, I think the number of peer-reviewed articles seriously questioning Global Warming was zero. Only articles in the "popular press" took this position.

I found the film and the information very convincing indeed.

I recently saw someone explaing how deniers mis-use date in an attempt to show decling temperatures.

They grab a few years out of the overall trend to show brief periods of decline, called:

Global Surface Temperature: Going Down the Up Escalator

You see it graphically

http://skepticalscience.com/going-down-the-up...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45332
Dec 12, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I might add that is a fundie interpretation.
Jews usually interpret those passages as an admonishment to use proportional compensation - I.E. If someone looses an eye they should be duely (financially) compensated - no less, no more.
I get it.

So that way we don't everyone blind.

;)

I try not to take any of it too literally.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45333
Dec 12, 2012
 
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the prospect of actually learning something that would conflict with his religious beliefs would be enough to scare him away from even attempting to take the class. Got to protect the integrity of the bubble he lives in at all costs.
I would take the class. The difference between say a classmate like you and me is that I would THINK while you would ACCEPT.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45334
Dec 12, 2012
 
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My only problem with your post is that YOU did not take the time to teach me to spell STUPID, fellow.
On my keyboard the U is beside the I. It takes someone with your INTELLIGENCE level not to realize that it was a typo. Actually I am acquainted with the word STUPID both in terms of its spelling as well as YOU.
You must have a very unusual keyboard configuration.

Is it a Jamaican model?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45335
Dec 12, 2012
 
wasting time. later.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45336
Dec 12, 2012
 
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Please FOCUS and try your best to address my post in an intelligent way. Thanks in advance.
Frijoles---If you are a jew, in MOST likelihood you either practice the religion OR are related to someone that does.
HughBe--- Do you have any idea the percentage of Jews that are secular? Clearly NOT. Your "MOST likelihood you either practice the religion.. " is very FOOLISH to say the least.
Now, so what if you are related to someone who practices Judaism? Does that make you a Judaite like you? NO.
If you are related to a Christian does that make you a Christian? NO.
Does the relationship with a believer makes the atheist Jew a believer in God? Does it mean that they have not rejected the way of God?
Where do you get these strange doctrines? Is in in the scriptures? NO. Is it from your rabbis? Most likely YES. As such, it is an example of why I call your rabbis IDIOTS and DECEIVERS. Explain the role of BLOOD relationship that you have no turned to. What are you really saying here?
Back to the outstanding matters.
Frijoles---"An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also UNIFIED by a common religious background."
HughBe--- Please explain to me how such a quote supports your point about Jews being an ethno-religious group.
HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in religion with other Jews who do NOT share your religious beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS
Nothing in that above verbiage contradicts the definition I posted

As of your comment about unified - I am not aware of any other religion except Judaism that Jews practice. Maybe you have another religion in mind?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45337
Dec 12, 2012
 
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---It is NOT perverson anymore than is your supposed attraction to women.
HughBe--- Why is this so?
It is on you to say why something is sick, not for nme to say why not.

Again, you are after me to prove or explain a negative.

Why would you suggest it is sick or unnatural for two consenting adults to express their affectione for one another?

Why do you care so much what happens in the bedrooms of others?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--We do NOT control whom we are ATTRACTED to or whom we love.
HughBe--- Do you ever THINK? Of course not. I believe that the paedophiles are glad that you have made such an INTELLIGENT and VALID point.
The key words are: consenting adults.

Molesting animals (such as your donkey friend) or children is not Ok. Same with forcing anyone to do anything. Rape for example. Big no no.

Do you now begin to see?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- I know from the words used by you that you have a science background.
True. At the graduate level.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In your mind, conducting tests equates to PROOF? This is not a science question so please answer.
You need to know the difference between proof and evidence.

Please reasearch "The Scientific Method"

Paticular attention to the building of an hypothesis, what evidence is needed to make something a theory etc.

Note that gravity is still only a theory, but also what big hurdle even that status requires.

Religion is simply not subject (nor should it be) to this level of scrutiny.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
REcall I asked YOU for PROOF in your BELIEF. YOU have none and which by definition= FAITH and in fact BLIND faith.
You want me to "prove" what I BELIEVE?

Is this correct?

It is true that not everything I believe has absolute proof.

But I would argue that much or most of it has evidence.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Do you help out around the house? Cleaning, laundry, marketing etc?
What is your contribution?
HughBe--- YES, YES and YES. Contribution is as answered. What else do you want to know?
It sounds as though you "pull your weight" around the house.

Did you also do midnight diaper changes on your kids?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45338
Dec 12, 2012
 
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
First things first. Address my post below e.g.do the reconciliation and answer the questions e.g. what is genetics etc.
HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?
So you speak of MIXTURE and part of that MIX is RACE/genetics.
Frijoles---Hence the term ETHNO-RELIGOUS....
HughBe--- BS. It is a tool that is used to enslave others. I have demonstrated this countless times. You shall now be given the opportunity to do it yourself.
Tell me about the RELIGIOUS aspect of atheists, agnostics and other secular or non-RELIGIOUS Jews.
Do you suppose that the Jews in Jamaica observe the culture of Jamaica? What is culture?
Reconcile your make-belief with the reality.
1. Hence the term ETHNO-RELIGOUS....
HughBe--- BS. It is a tool that is used to enslave others

YES, wikipedia that great tool of satan

2. Do you suppose that the Jews in Jamaica observe the culture of Jamaica? What is culture?

Well, you wouldnt call them "Jews" if there wasnt something ethnically or religiously distinct about them in the first place.

Once again, you are living in your head with your own private rules and vocab.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45339
Dec 12, 2012
 
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you been an American you would have learnt long ago that RACE is a MAJOR issue in the US. Given that you are slow you really should have learnt even in 2012 and in fact it played a major part in the American election for president.
The more educated whites and younger ones voted based on their BRAINS older ones like you voted based on your feelings whatever those are.
Do the research, sometimes you can leave Israel your homeland and visit and look at other countries.
Again, what you are calling race is really skin color. Why are you even wasting time on this?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45340
Dec 12, 2012
 
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in religion with other Jews who do NOT share your religious beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS
You are confusing me with your made up language.

Kindly post something from another credible link that defines your term Judaite.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: High Country Collision Specialist 17 hr Jeff 1
Hall retires from magistrate judge post (Dec '10) Tue Jim Spainhower 9
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Jul 22 Duh 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Jul 13 troll 23
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn Jul 13 mar bear 2
Lawsuit filed in federal court alleges murder c... Jul 3 RobertJose 1
Passion fruit: Sweet, tasty watermelon may be h... (Jul '08) Jun '14 Carroll 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••