Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,257
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45260 Dec 12, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
An eye for an eye must come from your Jewish side.
:)
Old Testament, correct?
I might add that is a fundie interpretation.

Jews usually interpret those passages as an admonishment to use proportional compensation - I.E. If someone looses an eye they should be duely (financially) compensated - no less, no more.

Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45261 Dec 12, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
D. Me as Judge:
04. I do not know what you mean by me acting as your "Judge"?
I do not judge any one, I can give my opinion on any post that I might get.
Its obvious that the most likely candidates are you and Hughbe. From the online habits, you are the more likely candidate.

Its ok - I enjoy it. All advertising is GOOD advertising in my book.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45262 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- I BORE only women.
So you admit that you are boring?
HughBe wrote:
Former--"Best thing since sliced bread"? Are you suggesting they are somehow promoting something is actually under no one's control, much like eye or skin color?
HughBe--- How long did it take your IDIOTIC psychiatrists to discover that people could not control this particular PERVERSION?
Is this the only perversion that people cannot control? If not, sanctify them also and champion their RIGHTS to indulge.
It is not perverson anymore than is your supposed attraction to women.

We do not control whom we are attracted to or whom we love.

You need to opne your eyes, your mind and your heart and understand this.
HughBe wrote:
Former---Regarding the change in status of homosexuality as a "diagnosis" - societys do evolve. Our society used to enslave people of your shiny skin color.
HughBe--- Based on my understanding, YOUR society use to enslave people of your pale skin colour or WHITES, in early America. Check the history.
There was and remains much injustice in the world.

There are people here who hunt down and kill gays.

Does this outrage you?
HughBe wrote:
Former--You "use" homosexuality.
HughBe--- Yes but not in the way that you do. I use the example you use the practice.
My wife would not agree with you.
HughBe wrote:
Former--Yes, I do tend to believe that which has been established by science.
HughBe--- Prove the belief that " our deepest thoughts, aspirations and emotions are merely electrically charged chemical reactions."
I am not a scientist but I know they have done tests, EEGs etc.

This is not a matter of faith as is your god up in the sky.
HughBe wrote:
Former--What kind of cookies would you make?
Is there such a thing as a Jamaican cookie?
HughBe--- I'm not into cookie making and the truth is I would have to google it to know if there is such a thing as a Jamaican cookie. I simply eat.
Do you help out around the house? Cleaning, laundry, marketing etc?

What is your contribution?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45263 Dec 12, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
B. On 1948 Borders:
06. Whether Arabs recognize borders of 1948 or not, Isreal can show its "principled stand" that it is not in market to gain an "Inch of the land" which UNO did not allotted it.
That would show its sincerity to the peaceful and co-existence intention and gain it respect from anyone and every one.
07. But the mood in Isreal and Zionist lobby is to "grab" any amount of land and hold tight to it by hook or by crook, And we see that the way Isreal keeps on building new housing colonies and "disregarding" protests and appeals by UNO to stop it.
They know fully well that their "Grand Daddy" will veto any move in Security council to impose any sanctions on them.

08. Would the same "Grand daddy" act in a similar way if any Arab or Muslim country "disregarded" request from UNO? The hells foundation would have shaken at the "disrespect" shown to the World Body.
You need to read more international media, or even meet a real life Jew. You would be suprised at the breadth of diversity of opinions on the subject, as well as what the consensus is. Stop reading Arab media.

The UN resolutions were recommendations, not mandates. In 1948 as well as in 2012. The UN can not mandate a state.

You seem to continue to return to the theme of the US GrandDaddy. The US is a democracy. If there wasnt internal support for their policies they wouldnt be implemented. If you feel as an Arab or Mulsim that you are being slighted, then your recourse is to vote. Of course in your case you cant since you are not a citizen. And that is EXCACTLY the way the system is SUPPOSED to operate.

(Kind of like HUGHBE having no standing to tell Jews how to be Jewish - similar idea)
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45264 Dec 12, 2012
Thank you for the judging, MUQ, I was worried that you were getting soft today...
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45265 Dec 12, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
They would be Jews ethnically but not in the religious sense.
Ask a more difficult question next time.
I need to feel challenged.
Huggy is being STIPID again.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45266 Dec 12, 2012
Why Climate Change Denial Is Just Hot Air

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012...

I was thinking of writing a lengthy post about climate change denial being completely unscientific nonsense, but then geochemist and National Science Board member James Lawrence Powell wrote a post that is basically a slam-dunk of debunking. His premise was simple: If global warming isnít real and thereís an actual scientific debate about it, that should be reflected in the scientific journals.

He looked up how many peer-reviewed scientific papers were published in professional journals about global warming, and compared the ones supporting the idea that weíre heating up compared to those that donít. What did he find? This:

Oh my. Powell looked at 13,950 articles. Out of all those reams of scientific results, how many disputed the reality of climate change?

Twenty-four. Yup. Two dozen. Out of nearly 14,000.

Now I know some people will just say that this is due to mainstream scientists suppressing controversy and all that, but let me be succinct: Thatís bull. Science thrives on dissenting ideas, it grows and learns from them. If there is actual evidence to support an idea, it gets published. I can point out copious examples in my own field of astronomy where papers get published about all manners of against-the-mainstream thinking, some of which come to conclusions that, in my opinion, are clearly wrong.

So let this be clear:

There is no scientific controversy over this. Climate change denial is purely, 100 percent made-up political and corporate-sponsored crap. When the loudest voices are fossil-fuel funded think tanks, when they donít publish in journals but instead write error-laden op-eds in partisan venues, when they have to manipulate the data to support their point, then what theyíre doing isnít science.

Itís nonsense. And worse, itís dangerous nonsense. Because theyíre fiddling with the data while the world burns.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45270 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Huggy is being STIPID again.
My only problem with your post is that YOU did not take the time to teach me to spell STUPID, fellow.

On my keyboard the U is beside the I. It takes someone with your INTELLIGENCE level not to realize that it was a typo. Actually I am acquainted with the word STUPID both in terms of its spelling as well as YOU.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45272 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My only problem with your post is that YOU did not take the time to teach me to spell STUPID, fellow.
On my keyboard the U is beside the I. It takes someone with your INTELLIGENCE level not to realize that it was a typo. Actually I am acquainted with the word STUPID both in terms of its spelling as well as YOU.
It goes without saying that if you are going to attempt to insult someone's intelligence, at least get the dam-n spelling correct!

In your case, it had to be said.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45277 Dec 12, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that you are boring?
<quoted text>
It is not perverson anymore than is your supposed attraction to women.
We do not control whom we are attracted to or whom we love.
You need to opne your eyes, your mind and your heart and understand this.
<quoted text>
There was and remains much injustice in the world.
There are people here who hunt down and kill gays.
Does this outrage you?
<quoted text>
My wife would not agree with you.
<quoted text>
I am not a scientist but I know they have done tests, EEGs etc.
This is not a matter of faith as is your god up in the sky.
<quoted text>
Do you help out around the house? Cleaning, laundry, marketing etc?
HughBe--- I BORE only women.

Former--So you admit that you are boring?

HughBe-- Only to someone who has very poor understanding.

Former--"Best thing since sliced bread"? Are you suggesting they are somehow promoting something is actually under no one's control, much like eye or skin color?

HughBe--- How long did it take your IDIOTIC psychiatrists to discover that people could not control this particular PERVERSION?
Is this the only perversion that people cannot control? If not, sanctify them also and champion their RIGHTS to indulge.

Former---It is NOT perverson anymore than is your supposed attraction to women.

HughBe--- Why is this so?

What did they do to CORRECT the PERVERSION and so changed it from PERVERTED to that which is NOT perverted?

Is it a case where it is no longer PERVERTED because a group of PERVERTS want to freely indulge in their PERVERSION? YES.

Former--We do NOT control whom we are ATTRACTED to or whom we love.

HughBe--- Do you ever THINK? Of course not. I believe that the paedophiles are glad that you have made such an INTELLIGENT and VALID point.

Former---Regarding the change in status of homosexuality as a "diagnosis" - societys do evolve. Our society used to enslave people of your shiny skin color.

HughBe--- Based on my understanding, YOUR society use to enslave people of your pale skin colour or WHITES, in early America. Check the history.

Former--There was and remains much injustice in the world.

HughBe--- So what was your ORIGINAL point?

Former--There are people here who hunt down and kill gays.

HughBe--- And there are those there that hunt and kill your blacks. Both groups of hunters are CRIMINALS.

Former--You "use" homosexuality.

HughBe--- Yes but not in the way that you do. I use the example you use the practice.

Former--My wife would not agree with you.

HughBe-- What is his name?

Former--Yes, I do tend to believe that which has been established by science.

HughBe--- Prove the belief that " our deepest thoughts, aspirations and emotions are merely electrically charged chemical reactions."

Former--I am not a scientist but I know they have done tests, EEGs etc.

HughBe--- I know from the words used by you that you have a science background. In your mind, conducting tests equates to PROOF? This is not a science question so please answer. REcall I asked YOU for PROOF in your BELIEF. YOU have none and which by definition= FAITH and in fact BLIND faith.

Former--This is not a matter of faith as is your god up in the sky.

HughBe--- I have no god or God in the sky. Indeed, your position is a matter of FAITH and resides in the HEADS of DECEIVED people.

Former--Do you help out around the house? Cleaning, laundry, marketing etc?

HughBe--- YES, YES and YES. Contribution is as answered. What else do you want to know?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45278 Dec 12, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
An eye for an eye must come from your Jewish side.
:)
Old Testament, correct?
Former--An eye for an eye must come from your Jewish side.:)

HughBe--- Please read with understanding I spoke in this way, I will "turn the other cheek" but I will also give someone the RIGHT HAND, of correction.

Now, this does not necessarily = eye for an eye. It could be a HEAD for an eye.:D
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45281 Dec 12, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
They would be Jews ethnically but not in the religious sense.
Ask a more difficult question next time.
I need to feel challenged.
<quoted text>
No. How could that be?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron
<quoted text>
Frijoles would know more about this than I would.
I do know that Israel did not exist until 1948.
HughBe---Tell me (about) the MANY Jews who have NO religion, are they Jews? Reconcile your "ethnoreligious" with atheists Jews.

Former--They would be Jews ethnically but not in the religious sense.

HughBe---So how does being Jewish =ethnoreligious when there is NO religion period?

Former--Ask a more difficult question next time.

HughBe--- Please, let us stick to my simple questions. Please respond to them. Once again,reconcile your "ethnoreligious" with atheists Jews.
Are you a Religious atheist?

Former--Are you a Religious atheist?

HughBe--No. How could that be?

HughBe--- so, how can a great many Jews who are atheists and agnostics be ethnoreligious?

HughBe---What was the religion of the Northern tribes of Israel?
What was the religion of Israel before "Judaism"?

Former--Frijoles would know more about this than I would.

HughBe--- Do NOT participate in the deception. Being Jewish is RACIAL. They had the JEWISH identity long before they got "Judaism". So, religion is another matter and does NOT make them Jews. Atheists Jews and agnostic Jews are by definition IRRELIGIOUS and cannot be classified as ethnoreligious. Get it?

Former--I do know that Israel did not exist until 1948

HughBe--- You know very little, my friend.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45284 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I just posted a bunch of links that said that race was a sucky concept. What you are getting it is really a degree of ethnicity.
I have to admit rarely do I encounter someone so dense.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group
An ethnic group is a group of people whose members are identified through a common trait. This can, but does not have to, include an idea of common heritage, a common culture, a shared language or dialect.[1] The group's ethos or ideology may also stress common ancestry and religion, as opposed to an ethnic minority group which refers to race.[2][3][4][5] The process that results in the emergence of an ethnicity is called ethnogenesis. Some ethnic groups are marked by little more than a common name.
Jews are am ETHNO-RELIGIOUS group - see above
Frijoles---I just posted a bunch of links that said that race was a sucky concept

HughBe--- So what? It is still a CONCEPT. Did this fact miss you, dear? Yes it did.

How many times must I tell you that I am NOT influenced by the opinions of men? I am yet to be impressed by them.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45286 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes without saying that if you are going to attempt to insult someone's intelligence, at least get the dam-n spelling correct!
In your case, it had to be said.
Lession for the day, I am NOT God. I can and do make mistakes. The fact that I make mistakes will not change the fact that there are very FOOLISH people in this world.

YOU obey such people and so you are acquainted with them personally or their teachings.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#45289 Dec 12, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
Why Climate Change Denial Is Just Hot Air
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012...
I was thinking of writing a lengthy post about climate change denial being completely unscientific nonsense, but then geochemist and National Science Board member James Lawrence Powell wrote a post that is basically a slam-dunk of debunking. His premise was simple: If global warming isnít real and thereís an actual scientific debate about it, that should be reflected in the scientific journals.
He looked up how many peer-reviewed scientific papers were published in professional journals about global warming, and compared the ones supporting the idea that weíre heating up compared to those that donít. What did he find? This:
Oh my. Powell looked at 13,950 articles. Out of all those reams of scientific results, how many disputed the reality of climate change?
Twenty-four. Yup. Two dozen. Out of nearly 14,000.
Now I know some people will just say that this is due to mainstream scientists suppressing controversy and all that, but let me be succinct: Thatís bull. Science thrives on dissenting ideas, it grows and learns from them. If there is actual evidence to support an idea, it gets published. I can point out copious examples in my own field of astronomy where papers get published about all manners of against-the-mainstream thinking, some of which come to conclusions that, in my opinion, are clearly wrong.
So let this be clear:
There is no scientific controversy over this. Climate change denial is purely, 100 percent made-up political and corporate-sponsored crap. When the loudest voices are fossil-fuel funded think tanks, when they donít publish in journals but instead write error-laden op-eds in partisan venues, when they have to manipulate the data to support their point, then what theyíre doing isnít science.
Itís nonsense. And worse, itís dangerous nonsense. Because theyíre fiddling with the data while the world burns.
Why let facts get in the way of a good denial.

Are you trying to entice ATF back onto the forum with this post?
;-)
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45290 Dec 12, 2012
Ozada wrote:
Why do the children of the god of Abraham want to kill one another so badly?
Judaism, Christianity and Islam, who I like to call the "Psychotic Three" just can't seem to get along. They all preach love etc., why don't they practice it?
Christopher Hitchens one wrote; "Religion poisons everything". He was so right!
rabbee: well if you do no know why, then you are part of the conspiracy in ignorance. with all the symptoms of idolitry, and you can't figure out why. that even idolitors like you and christopher hitchens, are not intelligent enough to figure out. for you can't be any smarter, than the stupidity of the idol that is your g-d.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45291 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I just posted a bunch of links that said that race was a sucky concept
HughBe--- So what? It is still a CONCEPT. Did this fact miss you, dear? Yes it did.
How many times must I tell you that I am NOT influenced by the opinions of men? I am yet to be impressed by them.
rabbee: yeah! you got them from the talking critters, like everyone else and their grandmother of all. as you have all been guilty of driving, under the influence of talking, editing, texting, and publishing critters.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45292 Dec 12, 2012
well i guess, since the whole world declares all jews as liars.

i guess that makes, everyone in the world as jews. so let us be a little more careful, how you all individually define any group.

since one of the many symptoms of idolitry, is stereotyping in each others idolitry.

as i really do not see how, you can consider jews as being a race. since the multitudes that left egypt and converts suggest otherwise.

so why is it that the world unwittingly, calls the jews, everything they are too? is it fals jealosy from lust, or some hypocritical reasoning?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45293 Dec 12, 2012
-other hypocritical false reasoning-
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45294 Dec 12, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Tell me (about) the MANY Jews who have NO religion, are they Jews? Reconcile your "ethnoreligious" with atheists Jews.
Former--They would be Jews ethnically but not in the religious sense.
HughBe---So how does being Jewish =ethnoreligious when there is NO religion period?
Former--Ask a more difficult question next time.
HughBe--- Please, let us stick to my simple questions. Please respond to them. Once again,reconcile your "ethnoreligious" with atheists Jews.
Are you a Religious atheist?
Former--Are you a Religious atheist?
HughBe--No. How could that be?
HughBe--- so, how can a great many Jews who are atheists and agnostics be ethnoreligious?
HughBe---What was the religion of the Northern tribes of Israel?
What was the religion of Israel before "Judaism"?
Former--Frijoles would know more about this than I would.
HughBe--- Do NOT participate in the deception. Being Jewish is RACIAL. They had the JEWISH identity long before they got "Judaism". So, religion is another matter and does NOT make them Jews. Atheists Jews and agnostic Jews are by definition IRRELIGIOUS and cannot be classified as ethnoreligious. Get it?
Former--I do know that Israel did not exist until 1948
HughBe--- You know very little, my friend.
THIRD TIME
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnoreligious_g...

An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also unified by a common religious background.

Ethnoreligious communities define their ethnic identity NEITHER EXCLUSIVELY by ancestral heritage nor simply by religious affiliation, but often through a combination of both[citation needed](a long shared history; a cultural tradition of its own; either a common geographical origin, or descent from a small number of common ancestors; a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group; a common literature peculiar to the group; a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups; being a minority or being an oppressed or a dominant group within a larger community).[citation needed]

Examples of ethnic groups defined by ancestral religions are the Jews, the Druze of the Levant, the Copts of Egypt, the Yazidi of northern Iraq, the Zoroastrians of Iran and India, and the Serer of Senegal, the Gambia and Mauritania.[1]

In an ethnoreligious group, particular emphasis is placed upon religious endogamy, and the concurrent discouragement of interfaith marriages or intercourse, as a means of preserving the stability and historical longevity of the community and culture.[citation needed] This adherence to religious endogamy can also, in some instances, be tied to ethnic nationalism if the ethnoreligious group possesses a historical base in a specific region.[citation needed]

----
Empahsis is CAPS added by me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:06 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:06PM