Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
39,361 - 39,380 of 68,439 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee yehoshooah adam---the irs, consumes about one-third, of the revenue recieved. just to collect taxes
HughBe--- interesting and if correct it shows that something is alarmingly wrong with the system.
rabbee: yes i was horified, when i first did the calculations. even though it has been, more than twenty years ago. since i made those calculations. i do not believe, much has changed since then.

i was doing a lot of investigating, when i was still a member of the republican party. since i was considering, running for a house or senate seat. as a then member, of the republican election commitee.

but the more i investigated, the more i became disalusioned with the present two party system. with even deep divisions, between me and their economic and socio-political agendas. with corruption running rampart, in all political parties. as the quality of the candidates, were just g-d awful.

and after the second visit, with G-D. i began to realize the corruption and situation, was even more desperate and critical than i previously thought. as if my eyes had opened wide, to see the situation as it truly is worse than any one could imagine.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a problem with the Clinton years, but please remember the good things you cite didn't really get going until the Republicans took Congress and Bill moved to the center. So don't crown Clinton without looking at the Congress he had from 1996-2000. Also don't continue blaming Bush for all the world's ills without considering the Congress he had between 2004-2008 - source of Dodd-Frank and the spike in the deficit (signs of a Democrat congress)
Since 49.6 percent didn't vote for him, the big question remains. Will Obama continue to cater to the far left now that he's in, or will he take a cue from his Elijah, Mr. Bill?(the messianic reference is a tip to Frijoles)
First off, I accept your apoology on the other (Matthews) matter!

:))

Now, moving on...

Yes, Clinton gets no credit while Obama gets all the blame. I know this one.

And BTW - I don't recall Bush attempting to push through any bills that would pay for his two wars or huge unfunded (not to be redundant) medicare rx plan - do you? Was he blocked from this? Like Obama has been blocked form his attempts at the budget>

Remember the grand deal that brokedwon.

The Bush tax cuts are the #1 cause of the current deficit. Yes Obama did extend them. Much to the chagrin of the far left.(note - he has already moved to the center if you hadn't noticed)

Another BRW - how will your GOP friends deal intelligently in a balanced way with the budget while making Grove NOrquist and the tea baggers happy?
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Epic Whale: Romney volunteers say ‘Orca’ was debacle

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-...
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

former res wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: NBC News: Obama wins Fla.; final electoral vote tally is Obama, 332, Romney, 206
The most amazing part of this election to me, was the fact that Team Romney actually believed their hubris. I honestly thought they were just trying to spin it.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
Epic Whale: Romney volunteers say ‘Orca’ was debacle
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-...
Speaking of Orcas, so was Teddy.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I accept your apoology on the other (Matthews) matter!
Now, moving on...
Yes, Clinton gets no credit while Obama gets all the blame. I know this one.
And BTW - I don't recall Bush attempting to push through any bills that would pay for his two wars or huge unfunded (not to be redundant) medicare rx plan - do you? Was he blocked from this? Like Obama has been blocked form his attempts at the budget>
Remember the grand deal that brokedwon.
The Bush tax cuts are the #1 cause of the current deficit. Yes Obama did extend them. Much to the chagrin of the far left.(note - he has already moved to the center if you hadn't noticed)
Another BRW - how will your GOP friends deal intelligently in a balanced way with the budget while making Grove NOrquist and the tea baggers happy?
Are you telling me that Obama's drone strikes are free? Are you telling me that making an acceptance speech is a move to the center?? More action, less talk. WTH is Grove Norquist???

Actually the housing debacle caused by Barney Frank is close to being #1 cause of the deficit - all those bailouts. And then there's Solyndra and other failed tax-funded green energy companies. And now I heard that GM is going to get a pass on the rest of the money owed to the taxpayers.

I hope you noticed that I've been sensitive to your feelings and haven't mentioned Jimmy Carter.(maybe once - I'm not sure):)

Anyway, I've got a new Rosetta language to start on and Topix is very distracting, so I'm going to take a break for a few weeks.

Salaams, and Happy Veterans' Day to you'all!!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes i was horified, when i first did the calculations. even though it has been, more than twenty years ago. since i made those calculations. i do not believe, much has changed since then.
i was doing a lot of investigating, when i was still a member of the republican party. since i was considering, running for a house or senate seat. as a then member, of the republican election commitee.
but the more i investigated, the more i became disalusioned with the present two party system. with even deep divisions, between me and their economic and socio-political agendas. with corruption running rampart, in all political parties. as the quality of the candidates, were just g-d awful.
and after the second visit, with G-D. i began to realize the corruption and situation, was even more desperate and critical than i previously thought. as if my eyes had opened wide, to see the situation as it truly is worse than any one could imagine.
Interesting post.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Lecture 6 The Practical Aspects of His Life and its Practicality Part-39

Prophet and Fasting:

He enjoined the Muslims to fast. The Muslims are required to fast during the month of Ramadan, thirty days a year. But, there never was a month or a week when the holy Prophet was not fasting. Ayesha (May Allah be pleased with her) says that when he began fasting, it seemed he would never stop. He forbade the Muslims to fast for longer than a day, but himself he would fast for two or sometimes three days at a stretch without taking any food at all. His worthy companions wanted to follow suit but he would not allow them saying,‘Who amongst you is like me? My Lord provides sustenance for me.”

He fasted continuously during the months of Sha’ban and Ramadan every year. In addition to that he would fast on the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth day of every month. He would fast for ten days in the month of Muharram and six days in the month of Shawwal. Every week, Monday and Thursday were fixed for fasting. That was the practical example of his fasting.

Prophet and Charity:

He ordered the Muslims to pay Zakat and spend on the needy. But he was the first to set an example. You have already heard his first wife Khadija ’s evidence who had said “O Messenger of Allah! You help people who are unable to pay their debts. You help the poor and spend money on people in distress.” He did not ask his followers to give up everything they owned.

Nor did he shut the doors of the Kingdom of Heaven for the wealthy. He simply asked them to spend a portion of their wealth for charitable purposes for the sake of Allah:“…and spend out of what We have provided them.”(Chap 2: Vrs 3)

The holy Prophet’s own example was that he spent on others everything he owned. There was no shortage of money because spoils of war were coming into Madinah from everywhere, but that money was meant for others. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) would spend a bare minimum on himself and his family. For them it remained the same old life of austerity.

His Household living:

After the victory at Khyber (in 7 AH), it became usual for him to fix a yearly allowance for his wives, but it never lasted a whole year because they too, would share most of it with the poor and
the needy. Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) says that the holy Prophet was the most generous of men and his generosity knew no bounds, particularly in the holy month of Ramadan, He never refused anyone who came to him asking for help.

He did not like eating anything by himself, no matter how little he had; he would share it with others. It was his instruction to everyone “If any Muslim dies leaving an unsettled debt, let me know so that I should pay on his behalf And if he leaves anything behind, his relatives will inherit that”

Once a rustic asked him roughly,“O Muhammad!(These provisions) do not belong to you, or to your father. Load them on to my camel” The holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) did not mind his rudeness and ordered that he be given a camel-load of barley and dates.

He used to say “l am but a distributor and a custodian. The real sustainer is Allah.” Abu Dhar (May Allah be pleased with him) says, one night, while he was having a walk with the holy Prophet, he said “Abu Dhar! If this mountain of Uhad turned into gold for me, I would not like that three nights should pass and I still had a Dinar left with me, except that I should keep some to
pay a debt.”

(Contd.)
Ken YaYa

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The most amazing part of this election to me, was the fact that Team Romney actually believed their hubris. I honestly thought they were just trying to spin it.
That's because like all Obama worshippers, you're a dumbazz! LOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

MUQ wrote:
Lecture 6 The Practical Aspects of His Life and its Practicality Part-39
Prophet and Fasting:
He enjoined the Muslims to fast. The Muslims are required to fast during the month of Ramadan, thirty days a year. But, there never was a month or a week when the holy Prophet was not fasting. Ayesha (May Allah be pleased with her) says that when he began fasting, it seemed he would never stop. He forbade the Muslims to fast for longer than a day, but himself he would fast for two or sometimes three days at a stretch without taking any food at all. His worthy companions wanted to follow suit but he would not allow them saying,‘Who amongst you is like me? My Lord provides sustenance for me.”
He fasted continuously during the months of Sha’ban and Ramadan every year. In addition to that he would fast on the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth day of every month. He would fast for ten days in the month of Muharram and six days in the month of Shawwal. Every week, Monday and Thursday were fixed for fasting. That was the practical example of his fasting.
Prophet and Charity:
He ordered the Muslims to pay Zakat and spend on the needy. But he was the first to set an example. You have already heard his first wife Khadija ’s evidence who had said “O Messenger of Allah! You help people who are unable to pay their debts. You help the poor and spend money on people in distress.” He did not ask his followers to give up everything they owned.
Nor did he shut the doors of the Kingdom of Heaven for the wealthy. He simply asked them to spend a portion of their wealth for charitable purposes for the sake of Allah:“…and spend out of what We have provided them.”(Chap 2: Vrs 3)
The holy Prophet’s own example was that he spent on others everything he owned. There was no shortage of money because spoils of war were coming into Madinah from everywhere, but that money was meant for others. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) would spend a bare minimum on himself and his family. For them it remained the same old life of austerity.
His Household living:
After the victory at Khyber (in 7 AH), it became usual for him to fix a yearly allowance for his wives, but it never lasted a whole year because they too, would share most of it with the poor and
the needy. Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) says that the holy Prophet was the most generous of men and his generosity knew no bounds, particularly in the holy month of Ramadan, He never refused anyone who came to him asking for help.
He did not like eating anything by himself, no matter how little he had; he would share it with others. It was his instruction to everyone “If any Muslim dies leaving an unsettled debt, let me know so that I should pay on his behalf And if he leaves anything behind, his relatives will inherit that”
Once a rustic asked him roughly,“O Muhammad!(These provisions) do not belong to you, or to your father. Load them on to my camel” The holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) did not mind his rudeness and ordered that he be given a camel-load of barley and dates.
He used to say “l am but a distributor and a custodian. The real sustainer is Allah.” Abu Dhar (May Allah be pleased with him) says, one night, while he was having a walk with the holy Prophet, he said “Abu Dhar! If this mountain of Uhad turned into gold for me, I would not like that three nights should pass and I still had a Dinar left with me, except that I should keep some to
pay a debt.”
(Contd.)
Rarely do I meet a stupid person as you. I say my thoughts in 100-2-- words. You claim 10,000 words why? No one reads this crap, shi--t. What are you trying to prove here???? That shi==t stinks? YOU ACCOMPLISHED YOUR GOAL CRAPPER.....
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Ken YaYa wrote:
<quoted text> That's because like all Obama worshippers, you're a dumbazz! LOL
Your side lost in the most spectacular of ways. As predicted.

Try to be graceful about it.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Anyway, I've got a new Rosetta language to start on and Topix is very distracting, so I'm going to take a break for a few weeks.
Just think of all the time you would save if you cut out cable news.

And the benefits to clear thinking to boot!
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The "job creators" (GOP code for "my rich friends") were not "killed" during the Clinton years.
In fact, most of us did pretty well.
Most small companies will not be affected my Obama's proposal.
Simply a return to the Clinton-era rates for those at the top.
You know, the good days, before that other president I'm not allowed to mention!
The one nobody in Tampa mentioned; same as in 2008.
Job creators aren't always rich, most small businesses (the backbone of the country) are struggling between the federal and state governments.
If they want to increase tax revenue why don't they lower taxes?
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Job creators aren't always rich, most small businesses (the backbone of the country) are struggling between the federal and state governments.
Because they tried that in the 80s under Reagan and it was a failure. Nice idea but the data does not pan out.

http://www.econdataus.com/taxcuts.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics#Anal...
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting article last year in Business Week that questions whether small business are in fact the "backbone of the country". It makes a point that if you want more jobs, don't look to small businesses - instead look to corporations.

Rethinking the Boosterism About Small Business

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/rethinki...
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...

Which Polls Fared Best (and Worst) in the 2012 Presidential Race
By NATE SILVER
-----

The best: Investors Business Daily

The worst: Rasmussen and Gallup
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Are you telling me that Obama's drone strikes are free? Are you telling me that making an acceptance speech is a move to the center?? More action, less talk. WTH is Grove Norquist???
Actually the housing debacle caused by Barney Frank is close to being #1 cause of the deficit - all those bailouts. And then there's Solyndra and other failed tax-funded green energy companies. And now I heard that GM is going to get a pass on the rest of the money owed to the taxpayers.
I hope you noticed that I've been sensitive to your feelings and haven't mentioned Jimmy Carter.(maybe once - I'm not sure):)
Anyway, I've got a new Rosetta language to start on and Topix is very distracting, so I'm going to take a break for a few weeks.
You really don't know who Grover Norquist is? Google him. Most of the GOP has taken his pledge. No balanced approach possible with the budget with this in place.

You don't recall Bush touting the "Ownership Society" where everyone should own a house?

Your supposed causes of the debt are very funny and based on emotion rathere than fact.

You may mention the Nobel Peace Prize winner Jimmy Carter anytime you wish. Our military never fired a shot during his tenure.

Your neocon freinds would not appreciate that.

Enjoy your Rosetta stone program. It gets high marks.

A few annoying facts will follow re the Bush tax cuts.

Shalom
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Back in 2001, CRS said, the Congressional Budget Office projected gradually rising federal budget surpluses for the next decade. The tax cuts helped alter the outlook "dramatically," and the budget in 2002 recorded a deficit for the first time since 1997.

"The Bush tax cuts, with a $1 trillion 10-year price tag, contributed to this shift from budget surpluses to deficits," CRS said. Other contributors included the 2001 recession, the increase in defense spending for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the Medicare prescription drug benefit.

But the tax cuts "generated the largest 10-year increases in budget deficits," CRS said.

Estimates by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office and the Joint Committee on Taxation put the total cost for the tax cuts (including the Working Families Tax Relief Act of 2004) at more than the amount allocated to the Defense Department for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"This means that even with the spending for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the federal budget would have been in surplus in 2007 if the tax cuts had not been enacted, or if their costs had been offset," said a 2008 analysis from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

The CBO last year projected a decrease in deficits if the tax cuts expired, and said extending all of them permanently would cost $3.3 trillion over 10 years and increase deficits.

PolitiFact has previously examined assertions that tax cuts increase revenues by stimulating economic growth. We found that the Congressional Budget Office, the Treasury Department, the Joint Committee on Taxation and the White House’s Council of Economic Advisers say that tax cuts lead to revenues that are lower than they otherwise would have been – even if they spur some economic growth.

"There's no clear relationship between taxes and economic growth," said Bob Williams of the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. "Too many factors complicate the picture to draw clear conclusions about the taxes-growth relationship."

Our colleagues at FactCheck.org came to a similar conclusion.

Additionally, the Congressional Budget Office reported in March, "Relative to the size of the economy, federal revenues are currently at their lowest level in 60 years."

"There is no real dispute among economists that broad-based federal income tax cuts reduce revenue (except when tax rates are much higher than they are now)," said Alan D. Viard of the conservative American Enterprise Institute. "Revenue is lower than it would be without the Bush tax cuts -- liberal and conservative economists are in accord on this question."

Debate will go on about the effectiveness of tax cuts in stimulating growth. We won't enter it. But analysis backs up Kucinich in saying that the Bush cuts "helped to create a substantial part of the deficit."

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/201...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I know - that's my point.

You know this and I know this. Most small business would not be affected by a return to the Clinton tax rates at the highest bracket.

It's the GOP who is attempting to shift the tax burden back to the middle class.

Lowering taxes will increase the deficti. See my previous posting from Politifact.

Trickle down is a myth.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I know - that's my point.
You know this and I know this. Most small business would not be affected by a return to the Clinton tax rates at the highest bracket.
It's the GOP who is attempting to shift the tax burden back to the middle class.
Lowering taxes will increase the deficti. See my previous posting from Politifact.
Trickle down is a myth.
Lowering tax rates is not about trickling down theory, its about increasing government revenue.
I suppose they should get rid of tax free week for shopping, it doesn't increase revenue for businesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: High Country Collision Specialist Jul 24 Jeff 1
Hall retires from magistrate judge post (Dec '10) Jul 22 Jim Spainhower 9
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Jul 22 Duh 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Jul 13 troll 23
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn Jul 13 mar bear 2
Lawsuit filed in federal court alleges murder c... Jul 3 RobertJose 1
Passion fruit: Sweet, tasty watermelon may be h... (Jul '08) Jun '14 Carroll 16
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Grant County was issued at July 30 at 2:41PM MDT