Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
39,221 - 39,240 of 68,834 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42995
Nov 7, 2012
 
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to live there, ergo you consent.
Live where "within this state "
factually what is a state?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42996
Nov 7, 2012
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Live where "within this state "
factually what is a state?
I don't know, nor do I really care, in which state you live. You could live in a different country, and the facts are still the same. You live there, therefore you are subject to the laws and privileges afforded to you by that state.

As for what a state is, in the broadest possible terms it is a defined geographical region under a defined government. In America, the government is defined by the U.S. Constitution, and the constitution of which ever state is geographically appropriate to our discussion.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42997
Nov 7, 2012
 
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: do you really think, it makes any difference what nation you reside in? do you really think it makes any difference, whether you call yourself a jew, christian, muslem or pagan? then you are, only fooling yourself.
Hmm. Haven't you ever read the Bible? It does make it clear that the God of the Bible is the God of the children of Israel and anyone else that wishes to convert and join in the covenant. I do not wish to join that covenant with that God, I have a covenant with my own Gods.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42998
Nov 7, 2012
 
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, nor do I really care, in which state you live. You could live in a different country, and the facts are still the same. You live there, therefore you are subject to the laws and privileges afforded to you by that state.
As for what a state is, in the broadest possible terms it is a defined geographical region under a defined government. In America, the government is defined by the U.S. Constitution, and the constitution of which ever state is geographically appropriate to our discussion.
So you are claiming that the prosecutor and AG represent the land?
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42999
Nov 7, 2012
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are claiming that the prosecutor and AG represent the land?
Sour grapes from your felony conviction I see.
hello people

Opa Locka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43001
Nov 7, 2012
 
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: can america survive, four more years as a sinfull nation? with G-D getting angrier, every moment at us. with two or more anti-D candidates, of little or less than no consequence.
so i do not expect any different ending, here in TheTorah. than all the other times, that it ended exactly the same way. because of all the same mental errors as before.
rabee,

what does politics have to do with religion? when was america ever a sinless nation? your problem with obama is personal. Maybe it is time for you to hate nations of people because of race, religion, nationality, gender, and then maybe your god will turn towards you. But right now, I dont see God in any human that don't have love for others.
Eric

Glendale Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43002
Nov 7, 2012
 
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you mind, proving that according to scripture?
At the time of the scriptures, a still born was not mourned. There was no funeral. A baby that did not survive 30 days was not mourned and did not have a funeral. The child was not treated as having lived. The child was not treated as having a soul.

This practice is part of the poetry of Eyov where the poet wishes he was still born so as not to be mourned; so as not to have to endure the harshness of life.

The practice of not mourning and according the still born a funeral last for all Judeo-Christians religions until sometime in the 1950's.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43003
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour grapes from your felony conviction I see.
Never been convicted of anything.

Had about 6 confrontations with servants.

Took a ticket to trial recently and won

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43004
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was a graceful article.
It must be frustrating to both Repubs and Democrats alike- to put so much effort and time into Florida, and at the end of the day the state isnt even electorally relevant any more.
I watched the Romney speech. He looked noticably relieved that it was all over.
Actually I was watching the 18th district after Fox called the election and looking at the exit polls for some of the southern Fla counties. The Hispanic vote is usually lumped together and presumed to go Democrat, but the Cubans went Republican. Could be the Rubio factor, but maybe not.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43005
Nov 8, 2012
 
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I was watching the 18th district after Fox called the election and looking at the exit polls for some of the southern Fla counties. The Hispanic vote is usually lumped together and presumed to go Democrat, but the Cubans went Republican. Could be the Rubio factor, but maybe not.
The traditional Cuban vote always has been Republican. There has been some talk about the younger generation being more mixed though. The notion of a uniform "hispanic vote" in Florida is about as sound as the notion of a uniform Jewish vote there.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43006
Nov 8, 2012
 
As of this post-
Florida
Romney / Ryan REP 4,110,272 49.26%
Obama / Biden DEM 4,161,864 49.88%

http://enight.dos.state.fl.us/FederalOffices/...
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43007
Nov 8, 2012
 
Lets face it - perhaps it really should of been listed as:

Bill Clinton/Obama DEM vs Romney/Ryan REP
former res

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43008
Nov 8, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this one out - Karl Rove arguing with Fox news anchors and later their statiticians that the Ohio projections may be false - its funny as sht
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cSiVhJq4tosXX
Priceless.

Karl can't believe all the money he funneled into this thing and his guy is still losing.

Even his Fox cohorts are trying to tell him about the "science."

Guess we're still waiting on Florida. That Third World county to the south.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43009
Nov 8, 2012
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless.
Karl can't believe all the money he funneled into this thing and his guy is still losing.
Even his Fox cohorts are trying to tell him about the "science."
Guess we're still waiting on Florida. That Third World county to the south.
That would be "denial".

Heck, if I was him I would just be happy I managed to raise a record amount of money. That is an accomplishment in itself - even if it didnt do anything. Enough to retire on and have the last laugh.

Re: Fox statisticians- I have seen journalistic references to Nate Silver as being a Republican - so its not like the Democrats always have a monopoly on science or higher education. Karl should know better. But then again, if he did he wouldnt be Karl, would he?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43010
Nov 8, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be "denial".
Heck, if I was him I would just be happy I managed to raise a record amount of money. That is an accomplishment in itself - even if it didnt do anything. Enough to retire on and have the last laugh.
There's always a bright side, huh.

"Many Pakistanis fear that President Barack Obama’s re-election will mean a surge in American drone strikes. For those producing and selling U.S. flags to burn at protests, however, his victory could be provide encouraging news, AFP reported.

Demonstrations against U.S. missile strikes targeting suspected Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists are common in Pakistan, and no protest is complete without America’s beloved Stars and Stripes being sent up in flames.

Nadeem Shah, the owner of a flag business in Rawalpindi, the twin city of the capital Islamabad, said he expected more drone strikes -- and more protests.

“Of course Obama has become stronger now and he will push his policies harder and there will be more drone strikes because he himself is stronger now,” Shah told AFP.

“When the drone strikes increase the protests against these strikes will also increase in Pakistan and it can have an impact on the flags and poster business,” he added. "

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.a...



rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43011
Nov 8, 2012
 
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm. Haven't you ever read the Bible? It does make it clear that the God of the Bible is the God of the children of Israel and anyone else that wishes to convert and join in the covenant. I do not wish to join that covenant with that God, I have a covenant with my own Gods.
rabbee: your definition of G-D, is not according to TheTorah. TheG-D i know is, is THE CREATOR of everything that actually was, actually is, and actually shall be. TheG-D of the never changing physical horror story, for your never changing horrid mental stupidity.

the maker of all rocks in the universe, but not the delusional ones in your head. TheMaker of all physical hot air, except your own mental hot air.

TheCreator of all nations, including yours. even america is nothing new, it has existed everytime G-D has given this exact same again story. with your exact same again, preferred stupidity here in IT. america was never your idea, it has always been G-D'S idea.

not even the subtle talking beasts of the fields, are your idea. but your following them, is your codependant idea. no more than the sun, the moon and the stars are your idea. the space between your ears, is your mental idea, but not the physical outer space.

and with or without your mental rebellion, G-D is still going to give this same physical story again. even if you mentally reject forever, to be here in IT in ThePhysical Happenings.

as the physical fate, of this whole world. is determined by our mental attitude toward TheG-D of This Forever same physical story with your exclusion of repentance.

i have outlasted, all the other thousands and thousand third or fouth generation sets. and i shall outlast you and your grandmother's third set again too.

and i shall be here, the very next time G-D gives this same story. with or without all of you and your grandmother sarah faye ann carney again. were the beguinning, always happens with Noach for the first day in TheTorah Happening. becausee G-D has given HIS WORD about me and this worlds appointed grandmother's return in TheStory.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43012
Nov 8, 2012
 
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>There's always a bright side, huh.
"Many Pakistanis fear that President Barack Obama’s re-election will mean a surge in American drone strikes. For those producing and selling U.S. flags to burn at protests, however, his victory could be provide encouraging news, AFP reported.
Demonstrations against U.S. missile strikes targeting suspected Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists are common in Pakistan, and no protest is complete without America’s beloved Stars and Stripes being sent up in flames.
Nadeem Shah, the owner of a flag business in Rawalpindi, the twin city of the capital Islamabad, said he expected more drone strikes -- and more protests.
“Of course Obama has become stronger now and he will push his policies harder and there will be more drone strikes because he himself is stronger now,” Shah told AFP.
“When the drone strikes increase the protests against these strikes will also increase in Pakistan and it can have an impact on the flags and poster business,” he added. "
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.a...
Thats the capitalistic spirit!

And it didnt even require a USAID program to cultivate it.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43013
Nov 8, 2012
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless.
Karl can't believe all the money he funneled into this thing and his guy is still losing.
Even his Fox cohorts are trying to tell him about the "science."
Guess we're still waiting on Florida. That Third World county to the south.
Todays NY TImes:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us/politics...

"...And as calls came in on Wednesday from some of the donors who had poured more than $300 million into the pair of big-spending outside groups founded in part by Karl Rove — perhaps the leading political entrepreneur of the super PAC era — he offered them a grim upside: without us, the race would not have been as close as it was..."

Not sure if that should be viewed as chilling, or as a pathetic excuse.

Later in that article:

“Paying bills,” Mr. Adelson said on Tuesday night when asked by a Norwegian reporter how he thought his donations had been spent.“That’s how you spend money. Either that or become a Jewish husband — you spend a lot of money.”

Nice use of stereotypes, jerk.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43014
Nov 8, 2012
 
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>There's always a bright side, huh.
"Many Pakistanis fear that President Barack Obama’s re-election will mean a surge in American drone strikes.
My prediction is that the reelection will have nothing to do with this - there was no major opposition from America against these strikes and they will continue at whatever rate the pres/military wants at the moment.

On the other hand, I think chances are good that we will escalate our involvement in Syria or Iran, as these escalations were being inhibited by internal political sensibilities that no longer constrain, now that Obama is freed to do what he wants (if he wants).
SamBee

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43015
Nov 8, 2012
 
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy. Exodus 21:22. If the woman is harmed, then its an eye for an eye, death for a death. If the fetus is harmed, then its a fine paid to the husband for damaging his property. Or you can look at Genesis, where Adam is just a lump of clay until the God of the Bible blows that first breath of life (AND a soul!) into his nostrils. Before that, Adam was not a living soul.
Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
21:24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
21:25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
But a fetus does receive oxygen through the placenta. This organ allows transfer of oxygen from the mother, who obtains oxygen in the normal way, by breathing, directly to the fetus' bloodstream. This circumvents the need for the fetus to breathe until the umbilical cord, which connects the baby to the placenta and to the mother is cut at birth.Adam didn't come through the womb of a women,the scriptures teach that the life is in the blood a fetus has blood therefore it has life and oxygen from the mother.What you posted says that a fetus was alive in the womb,if it was hurt and departed (lost its life) by harm of a man the man was to pay the husban for the lost of life.

Exodus 21:22

If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) 21 hr Insect Trust 24
Mimbres Valley woman still missing 21 hr Insect Trust 4
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Tue You too should 9
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Aug 2 Shantane 44
Review: High Country Collision Specialist Jul 24 Jeff 1
Hall retires from magistrate judge post (Dec '10) Jul 22 Jim Spainhower 9
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn Jul '14 mar bear 2

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••