Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,952)

Showing posts 39,021 - 39,040 of65,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Saturday night and still no power :-(. Latest estimate from CL&P is Tues, 11:00pm
To add insult to injury, had to wait in line for almost an hour to get gas.
And now I hear a Nor' Eastern is heading this way for mid week.
Suffice it to say, I'm a little cranky right now.
There is no such thing as Messianic Jews...doesn't exsist. The Law Code is over in place of the New Covanent....LOVE. You arenot persecuted, you jokers have American weapons....your GOD is AMERICA......Jews shouldnot have a country.....Palastinians have been on the land LONGER than Jews.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

You still havent learn to read other posts yet before you open your flapper, have you?
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

That was directed at TJMonk
Gloop

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
That was directed at TJMonk
Faaart...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it
That's hom my father in law and Gary Johnson desccribe the party.

In my experience though, they're just Conservative Republicans who don't want to pay their taxes.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the unibomber is an example of a CIA agent that went nuts when he realized the technocracy that is in the plans for the future.
Easy does it now,

I promise to make no sudden movements.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Accepted. Yes we have, numerous times. We may disagree on which are bad, and which are badder. But in which country would you rather live?
I was thinking about your post while I was walking this morning and remembered an instructor I had a while back in a software class - he came here from India about 20 years ago, not to get anything except an opportunity to excel. During break we got into politics and he told us when he received his citizenship papers, he was asked if he wanted to register to vote. His answer - "Absolutely! Give me a Republican form."
Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

And wouldn't want to be in any other family either.

But doesn't mean either is anywhere near perfect.

Fair to say we have some work to do.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Guliani was a horribly divisive mayor. A lot of people were fed up with him. Then 911 happened and to his credit, he rose to the occasion. But he then blew all of that by marketing himself as "the 911 guy" after he finished his term. Overplayed his hand.
Bloomberg, until his last reelection was very well liked, and not very divisive. Almost the opposite of Rudy. Until he strong armed a charter revision so that he could run for a 3rd term. That left a bad taste in many people. But his performance since then has been generally good, and for someone to push the notion that he is not being empathatic shows that they are radically unfamiliar with our region.
I never understood the Rudy worship around 9/11. I may have missed it. he was an effective mayor overall from what I saw. He really rose to attention prior to all that for his crime fighting/law and order.

Shorly before 9/11 Koch gave an interview where he said "Dinkins was a good man but a bad mayor and Rudy was a bad man but a good mayor." I paraphrase but it sounded about right..

Rudy is a flame thrower and as Rosie O'donnle says, looks like a Pez dispensor.

I can't look at him now without thinking that.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
Storm notes to FR and COR
Yesterday the local traffic was terrible. We were literally being invaded by NY and NJ plates. Made me wonder what type of desperation would propell someone to drive 50-70+ miles round trip just to fill up with gas.
And if this panic is just going to get worse.
This morning I went to my local park and discovered its parking lot was being used as a staging area for the utilities. I counted no less that 100 bucket trucks from Quebec, and probably 50 Tree removal trucks. I would hope they were all sleeping off their shift, if not - there is no excuse for not fixing the power by the end of the day for the entire southwest CT.
I also hope for the sake of Canada that there are no power outages in Quebec - as all their personal appears to be here.
My sis (hillcrest park) got her power back last night.

She said high percentage of NY/NJ plates in the gas lines.

I said go further away from I-95 to get gas - maybe shorter lines. she said yeah, cos cob gas stations a little better.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. I worked right near the Haight-Ashbury area - stoned city. Yup, getting up every day, going to work, dealing with the barefoot gal who couldn't get to work on time or missed work altogether because her grandmother died,(every few weeks). I even voted for Bobby in the California primary.
I'm one of the four or five people in the country that never tried anything, so I have no empathy for Clinton who claims he never inhaled.
Like most intoxicants, weed is overrated. I barely even drink these days.

I like Castro. One of the best greeting card shops ever!

Also Finochios (female impersonators) was there forever but it now gone; and the show Beach Blanket Babyon; and of course the Alcatraz - very cool. Muir Woods! And driving our Mazda Miata rental through Sonoma Valley/Wine coutry. Great area. Oh - and North Beach..

did you have any fun there/ I was onlyt here once and loved the place
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Saturday night and still no power :-(. Latest estimate from CL&P is Tues, 11:00pm
To add insult to injury, had to wait in line for almost an hour to get gas.
And now I hear a Nor' Eastern is heading this way for mid week.
Suffice it to say, I'm a little cranky right now.
Sorry man.

It sucks.

Hang in there.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>So...what do you know about "fish and poi"??
???
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as Messianic Jews...doesn't exsist. The Law Code is over in place of the New Covanent....LOVE. You arenot persecuted, you jokers have American weapons....your GOD is AMERICA......Jews shouldnot have a country.....Palastinians have been on the land LONGER than Jews.
I believe we'd call this a 'non sequitur.'

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
???
:)) I read WH gets personal delivery. Could just be a silly rumor though. Who knows?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I've discovered that I can have very heated discussions with people about politics and religion and part friends. I simply refrain from phrasing my argument with 'you'.:)
Right.

You called our president "clueless" and then I called you clueless.

And truly, which is more likely to be true?

:)))
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

President Obama — who has battled accusations that he is insufficiently committed to the U.S. relationship with Israel — locks down the endorsement of that country's left-of center newspaper.

In an editorial, the paper calls Obama "good for Israel" and writes:

Obama continued this two-way track vis-a-vis Iran and the issue of Palestinian statehood. Under his pressure, Israel suspended for the first time - for a while - construction in the settlements. Relations between the two countries' armed forces have never been so close. Obama's challenge in his second term, if he wins the elections, is to lead the region to a stable arrangement of peace and security.

The outcome of the elections will be determined by the voters' decision as to which of the two candidates is good for America. But if any of them are vacillating in their vote over whether Obama has been a good president for Israel, the answer is yes.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/11/ha...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

The Salt Lake Tribune, paper of record in the heart of Mormon territory, has endorsed President Barack Obama.

The Salt Lake Trib endorsed Obama in 2008 as well, but given Mitt Romney's Mormon faith, as well as his role in the 2002 Winter Olympics, there was a reasonable expecation that the editorial board might lean the other way.

(PHOTOS: Newspapers' endorsements)

The board notes these allegiances -- "[Romney's] head for business and the bottom line all inspire admiration and hope in our largely Mormon, Republican, business-friendly state" -- and they celebrate his "singular role in rescuing Utah’s organization of the 2002 Olympics from a cesspool of scandal."

But:

[This] is not the only Romney, as his campaign for the White House has made abundantly clear, first in his servile courtship of the tea party in order to win the nomination, and now as the party’s shape-shifting nominee. From his embrace of the party’s radical right wing, to subsequent portrayals of himself as a moderate champion of the middle class, Romney has raised the most frequently asked question of the campaign: "Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?"

The evidence suggests no clear answer, or at least one that would survive Romney’s next speech or sound bite. Politicians routinely tailor their words to suit an audience. Romney, though, is shameless, lavishing vastly diverse audiences with words, any words, they would trade their votes to hear.

More troubling, Romney has repeatedly refused to share specifics of his radical plan to simultaneously reduce the debt, get rid of Obamacare (or, as he now says, only part of it), make a voucher program of Medicare, slash taxes and spending, and thereby create millions of new jobs....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/10/s...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
The Salt Lake Tribune, paper of record in the heart of Mormon territory, has endorsed President Barack Obama.
The Salt Lake Trib endorsed Obama in 2008 as well, but given Mitt Romney's Mormon faith, as well as his role in the 2002 Winter Olympics, there was a reasonable expecation that the editorial board might lean the other way.
The board notes these allegiances -- "[Romney's] head for business and the bottom line all inspire admiration and hope in our largely Mormon, Republican, business-friendly state" -- and they celebrate his "singular role in rescuing Utah’s organization of the 2002 Olympics from a cesspool of scandal."
But:
[This] is not the only Romney, as his campaign for the White House has made abundantly clear, first in his servile courtship of the tea party in order to win the nomination, and now as the party’s shape-shifting nominee. From his embrace of the party’s radical right wing, to subsequent portrayals of himself as a moderate champion of the middle class, Romney has raised the most frequently asked question of the campaign: "Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?"
The evidence suggests no clear answer, or at least one that would survive Romney’s next speech or sound bite. Politicians routinely tailor their words to suit an audience. Romney, though, is shameless, lavishing vastly diverse audiences with words, any words, they would trade their votes to hear.
More troubling, Romney has repeatedly refused to share specifics of his radical plan to simultaneously reduce the debt, get rid of Obamacare (or, as he now says, only part of it), make a voucher program of Medicare, slash taxes and spending, and thereby create millions of new jobs....
Yes? Des Moines Register endorses Romney. Left spin: So what - no one pays attention to print journalism anyway. Salt Lake Tribune endorses Obama. Left spin: This is gospel.(well, probably not their preferred terminology..)

Note that Romney has always stated that there are parts of Obamacare worth keeping. Your pundit didn't do his research, or at least didn't incorporate it in the article as it wouldn't highlight his point of view.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most intoxicants, weed is overrated. I barely even drink these days.
I like Castro. One of the best greeting card shops ever!
Also Finochios (female impersonators) was there forever but it now gone; and the show Beach Blanket Babyon; and of course the Alcatraz - very cool. Muir Woods! And driving our Mazda Miata rental through Sonoma Valley/Wine coutry. Great area. Oh - and North Beach..
did you have any fun there/ I was onlyt here once and loved the place
Beautiful area, Carmel, Marin. My sister still lives out there. I feel like it's my other home, but it's been quite a few years since I've been there. My brother was stationed at the Presidio back when I lived there before he went overseas.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

former res wrote:
But:
The race is over. 538 (Nate Silver) projected 83% likelihood of Obama win - 16% Romney win, and explained and accounted for all bias and error to make his conclusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,021 - 39,040 of65,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Wed Relaxing 231
Community education classes continue in April Apr 22 Jackie 3
No charges yet in deadly shooting (May '11) Apr 17 Silver 11
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Apr 17 Silver 43
New Mexico to receive new veterans cemeteries Apr 16 all well 1
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... Apr 5 Jackie 1
Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr 4 Peon 16
•••

High Wind Watch for Grant County was issued at April 24 at 3:31PM MDT