Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,964
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42624 Nov 1, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>NY Times - quite a reliable source. Reliably liberal. You may not have noticed - but Christie Never Gushes. I think your writer got a little overly artistic with his description of the event. I saw it - he didn't gush.
At this point, the NYTimes is merely telling it as it is.

"....When General Motors tells a presidential campaign that it is engaging in “cynical campaign politics at its worst,” that’s a pretty good signal that the campaign has crossed a red line and ought to pull back.

Not Mitt Romney’s campaign. Having broadcast an outrageously deceitful ad attacking the auto bailout, the campaign ignored the howls from carmakers and came back with more.

Mr. Romney apparently plans to end his race as he began it: playing lowest-common-denominator politics, saying anything necessary to achieve power and blithely deceiving voters desperate for clarity and truth....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/opinion/mit...
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42625 Nov 1, 2012
GM’s spokesman Greg Martin

We’ve clearly entered some parallel universe during these last few days. No amount of campaign politics at its cynical worst will diminish our record of creating jobs in the U.S. and repatriating profits back to this country. At this stage we’re looking at a Hubble telescope-length distances between campaign ads and reality.”

This statement follows the e-mail sent by Chrysler’s CEO to Chrysler employees

““I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gm-spokesman-...
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42626 Nov 1, 2012
frij

Two good things have happened for Obama:

1. Chris Christie's serial (and very public) verbal hugs of him (re: Sandy).

2. Romney lying about Jeep jobs going overseas, and being publicly busted.

Good timing.

You couldn't have bought this kind of PR.

And on we go!
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42627 Nov 1, 2012
former res wrote:
frij
Good timing.
And on we go!
And just last week Christie was stumping in CT for Romney and McMahon
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42628 Nov 1, 2012
former res wrote:
frij
Good timing.
And on we go!
I got rid of my Jeep shortly before gas prices spiked a few years ago. At the time, I always assumed it was assembled overseas. Now I know my Jeep was assembled in Toledo. So this has been educational for me as well.

When I got rid of it, I looked into buying a Jeep hybrid, but they werent available yet. They were widely available in Europe. I think the job expansion in the US is because of the hybrid.

Which actually dispells TWO Romney myths simultaneosuly.
1) Jeep jobs going overseas
2) there is no future in alternative energy technologies
Voluntarist

United States

#42629 Nov 1, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
"But Connecticut can only do what is expressed in the Constitution, and can't do what is expressly prohibited."
That is correct, but what facts do you rely on that the constitution is applicable to me or anyone else?

I pointed out various violations of the state constitution that state "officials " don't seem to care about.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42630 Nov 1, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I got rid of my Jeep shortly before gas prices spiked a few years ago. At the time, I always assumed it was assembled overseas. Now I know my Jeep was assembled in Toledo. So this has been educational for me as well.
When I got rid of it, I looked into buying a Jeep hybrid, but they werent available yet. They were widely available in Europe. I think the job expansion in the US is because of the hybrid.
Which actually dispells TWO Romney myths simultaneosuly.
1) Jeep jobs going overseas
2) there is no future in alternative energy technologies
I can't believe more people can't see what a fraud this guy is.

Wrong and inconsistent on so many counts.

From the time he declared, "I've been a hunter all my life" I knew he was full of it.

One of my Toyotas is built in the US - the other in Canada. Close enough.
Eliezer

Tel Aviv, Israel

#42631 Nov 1, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Messianic Jews do not follow the pagan customs of rome but follow the Torah, as Jesus commanded.
Some messianic "Jews" may have been born to Jewish mothers, hence that would make them technically Jewish. But their hodge podge of Christianity with a slight seasoning of Judaism can hardly be called "Jewish", and certainly not a part of Judaism. They are practicing Christian evangelism, and trying to paint it as being Jewish.
We in Israel are NOT the US, nor should we be judged by US laws and values. We also aren't Saudi Arabia or some other backward Arab country. We ARE a Jewish State, founded as a homeland for the Jewish people. We should be allowed to determine for ourselves whether we want to be forced to allow evangelical Christians, proseletising Muslems, adamant Buddhists, or any other religion to attempt to convert our people. We tolerate and even support normative Christian and Muslim practice here, but trying to convert Jews to other religions in our homeland would be not far from kidnapping the Pope in Rome, and forcing him to pray 5 times a day to Allah.
That said, a bomb is NOT an acceptable tool in any form of religious debate, no matte who's side I'm on. The perpetrators should be prosecuted, and the penalty is stiff here (western style). But keep these christian fanatics claiming to be jews away, we don't need them.
Eric

Glendale Heights, IL

#42632 Nov 1, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct, but what facts do you rely on that the constitution is applicable to me or anyone else?
CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT

PREAMBLE.

The People of Connecticut acknowledging with gratitude, the good providence of God, in having permitted them to enjoy a free government; do, in order more effectually to define, secure, and perpetuate the liberties, rights and privileges which they have derived from their ancestors; hereby, after a careful consideration and revision, ordain and establish the following constitution and form of civil government.
Eric

Glendale Heights, IL

#42633 Nov 1, 2012
ARTICLE FOURTEENTH.

OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS CONSTITUTION.

This proposed constitution, submitted by the Constitutional Convention of 1965, shall become the constitution of the state of Connecticut upon approval by the people and proclamation by the governor as provided by law.

Approved at referendum on December 14, 1965; proclaimed by the Governor as adopted on December 30, 1965.
Voluntarist

United States

#42634 Nov 1, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
PREAMBLE.
The People of Connecticut acknowledging with gratitude, the good providence of God, in having permitted them to enjoy a free government; do, in order more effectually to define, secure, and perpetuate the liberties, rights and privileges which they have derived from their ancestors; hereby, after a careful consideration and revision, ordain and establish the following constitution and form of civil government.
Non-responsive

I was not around when the constitution was drafted nor have I signed and agreed to it.

What facts do you have that it is applicable to me?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42635 Nov 1, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Willful ignorance due to innate and carnal dislike of his opponent.

We see this even on this thread

If you want a sobering experience: Look at this article from the Israeli press - a somewhat objective opinion piece explaining to the Israelis why many or most American Jews are voting for Obama.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-429...

Then look at the comments. From some of the American Jews. Sobering. Yes, there are people out there like that, and sometimes they converge together to create their own reality. Ironic, considering the message of the article.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42636 Nov 1, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-responsive
I was not around when the constitution was drafted nor have I signed and agreed to it.
You talk big, but I bet you are the first to whine when you need a government service, or when you get arrested for civil disobedience.

I actually know people who try to live off the grid. Trust me, they dont live in Fairfield County, CT or anywhere within URL zone.
Eric

Glendale Heights, IL

#42637 Nov 1, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-responsive
You don't have to sign and agree. Adopted by referendum of the people of CT. Amendments per document as adopted by referendum. Love it or Leave it. Or, at least acquiesce.

Are you trying to tell us that your interpretation of society and law requires each new born baby to sign off on each and every law before they are subject to it? That's chaos.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#42638 Nov 1, 2012
Eliezer wrote:
<quoted text>
Some messianic "Jews" may have been born to Jewish mothers, hence that would make them technically Jewish. But their hodge podge of Christianity with a slight seasoning of Judaism can hardly be called "Jewish", and certainly not a part of Judaism. They are practicing Christian evangelism, and trying to paint it as being Jewish.
We in Israel are NOT the US, nor should we be judged by US laws and values. We also aren't Saudi Arabia or some other backward Arab country. We ARE a Jewish State, founded as a homeland for the Jewish people. We should be allowed to determine for ourselves whether we want to be forced to allow evangelical Christians, proseletising Muslems, adamant Buddhists, or any other religion to attempt to convert our people. We tolerate and even support normative Christian and Muslim practice here, but trying to convert Jews to other religions in our homeland would be not far from kidnapping the Pope in Rome, and forcing him to pray 5 times a day to Allah.
That said, a bomb is NOT an acceptable tool in any form of religious debate, no matte who's side I'm on. The perpetrators should be prosecuted, and the penalty is stiff here (western style). But keep these christian fanatics claiming to be jews away, we don't need them.
rabbee: you do realize that the last time, G-D gave TheTorah. and all, the other times before that. adam's mate was always a grandaughter of Avraham and Sarah, don't you? that would make everyone on earth, what you call jewish. with this time being, no different than any other time, HaShem has given this exact same story of creation each time. so that all of you, are not the first to fail, to get the point here and now in TheTorah Happening.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#42639 Nov 1, 2012
this is the third betrayal of all of you, and your grandmther of all as chaooah. so this is not the first time, you all and your grandmother have screwed this all up, actually here in TheTorah actually in TheHappening.
Voluntarist

United States

#42640 Nov 1, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk big, but I bet you are the first to whine when you need a government service, or when you get arrested for civil disobedience.
I actually know people who try to live off the grid. Trust me, they dont live in Fairfield County, CT or anywhere within URL zone.
I don't need any government service, if there is some kind of monopoly on
services I am glad to pay for them.

But that doesn't escape the question of applicability of the constitution or laws.
Voluntarist

United States

#42641 Nov 1, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to sign and agree. Adopted by referendum of the people of CT. Amendments per document as adopted by referendum. Love it or Leave it. Or, at least acquiesce.
Are you trying to tell us that your interpretation of society and law requires each new born baby to sign off on each and every law before they are subject to it? That's chaos.
So what you are saying is that there are no facts that the law and constitution is applicable.
Voluntarist

United States

#42642 Nov 1, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it or leave what?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42643 Nov 1, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
From the time he declared, "I've been a hunter all my life" I knew he was full of it.
One of my Toyotas is built in the US - the other in Canada. Close enough.
Charles Blow on the subject of lying: http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/1...

"..I recognize that Obama hatred is a real thing, but disliking the president so much that you would do harm to yourself by voting for someone who you admit you don’t trust seems to be taking things to extremes.

All the voters who are aware of Romney’s fact-mangling but vote for him anyway must ask themselves this question: are they granting him the liberty to lie?.."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct 13 yankeedudell 47
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 29 Insect Trust 32
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 20 Really 12
Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos Jobs