Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,380
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Voluntarist

United States

#42583 Oct 31, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
And, the people of the State of CT, in their ultimate wisdom, have given their legislature unlimited authority--except for those few prohibitions set forth in Article One, the Declaration of Rights.
"ARTICLE THIRD.
OF THE LEGISLATIVE DEPARTMENT.
SEC. 1. The legislative power of the state shall be vested in two distinct houses or branches; the one to be styled the senate, the other the house of representatives, and both together the general assembly."
That's all it says. As I said previously, I was surprised by it's brevity and lack of specificity.
Great and what facts do you rely on that the Constitution as amended in 1818 is it?, is applicable to me?
Voluntarist

United States

#42584 Oct 31, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite:
ARTICLE FIRST
SEC. 2. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit; and they have at all times an undeniable and indefeasible right to alter their form of government in such manner as they may think expedient.
http://www.cslib.org/constitutionalamends/con...
The constitution is irrelevant anyway, 1) there is no right to abolish government
2) Ct superior court judges routinely ignore the fact that juries have the right to judge the facts AND THE LAW.
3) The right to trial by jury is consistently ignored in ct courts
4) there is no freedom of the press when it comes to a public place like a ct court.

The list goes on.
Eric

Glendale Heights, IL

#42585 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you choose to do on your property is your business, as long as you aren't harming others, isn't that fundamental?
Have you ever smelled a factory pig farm? It's horrible. You can smell it for miles.

That's why we have zoning and planning laws. So that I can't open a pig farm next to you.
Steve

Danbury, CT

#42586 Oct 31, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever smelled a factory nig farm? It's horrible. You can smell the nigstench for miles.
That's why we have zoning and planning laws. So that I can't open a nig farm next to you and have all these stinky mooncrickets sing under the stars al night. And if the slaves get away they will rape the humans.
That's right.
Eric

Glendale Heights, IL

#42587 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Great and what facts do you rely on that the Constitution as amended in 1818 is it?, is applicable to me?
I don't know what you are talking about. You said that the legislature could only act within the state constitution. Your state constitution gives the CT General Assembly unlimited legislative power with the exception of a few prohibition in the declaration of rights.

We live in a society where the people have instituted laws. The people of CT have decided that their legislature should have very few restrictions. You live in CT; The CT Constitution is applicable to you. You, yourself, set forth the parameters under which the CT legislature operates--that they must comply with the state constitution. Well, it doesn't take much in CT for the General Assembly to comply with the state constitution.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42588 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
A photograph released by the White House appeared to show
President Barack Obama and his aides in the situation room
watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little
knowledge of what was happening in the compound.
In an interview with PBS, Mr Panetta said: "Once those teams
went into the compound I can tell you that there was a time
period of almost 20 or 25 minutes where we really didn't know
just exactly what was going on. And there were some very tense
moments as we were waiting for information.
"We had some observation of the approach there, but we did not
have direct flow of information as to the actual conduct of the
operation itself as they were going through the compound."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-...
"The Daily Telegraph is a daily morning broadsheet conservative-leaning newspaper distributed throughout the United Kingdom and internationally."

I don't really get the point. We certainly knew they had no video feed of any kind. They were clearly waiting on pins and needles for information and status updates. Wouldn't you too be anxious waiting to hear what was happening?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42589 Oct 31, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, I will set up a huge pig farm next door to your house.
Upwind.
Voluntarist

United States

#42590 Oct 31, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you are talking about. You said that the legislature could only act within the state constitution. Your state constitution gives the CT General Assembly unlimited legislative power with the exception of a few prohibition in the declaration of rights.
We live in a society where the people have instituted laws. The people of CT have decided that their legislature should have very few restrictions. You live in CT; The CT Constitution is applicable to you. You, yourself, set forth the parameters under which the CT legislature operates--that they must comply with the state constitution. Well, it doesn't take much in CT for the General Assembly to comply with the state constitution.
Factually what is Connecticut and what facts are relied upon that the laws are applicable to me?
Voluntarist

United States

#42591 Oct 31, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Daily Telegraph is a daily morning broadsheet conservative-leaning newspaper distributed throughout the United Kingdom and internationally."
I don't really get the point. We certainly knew they had no video feed of any kind. They were clearly waiting on pins and needles for information and status updates. Wouldn't you too be anxious waiting to hear what was happening?
Oh but that was the initial claim, the situation room photo.
Clinton Recounts Osama Bin Laden's Death
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton "gave a play-by-play account of
the day Bin Laden was killed" in a speech at the U.S. Naval
Academy and recalled how none of the officials in the room
watching the operation, including President Obama, "could
breathe for 30-35 minutes," ABC News reports.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42592 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not take everything so literally.

How will Romney pay for his $5 trillion tax cut. I'm much more interested in that fiction.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42593 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Brigadier General Marshall "Brad" Webb, assistant commanding general of Joint Special Operations Command who sits in the center of the famous photo, was monitoring the operation on a screen through a laptop computer. Michael Leiter, then director of the National Counterterrorism Center, went into the room to watch the feed that was being relayed from a secret drone. Secretaries Clinton, Gates, and Vice President Biden soon followed. Moments later Bergen reports, the president walked in and said, "I need to watch this," as he seated himself next to Webb.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/01/the-...
Voluntarist

United States

#42594 Oct 31, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Brigadier General Marshall "Brad" Webb, assistant commanding general of Joint Special Operations Command who sits in the center of the famous photo, was monitoring the operation on a screen through a laptop computer. Michael Leiter, then director of the National Counterterrorism Center, went into the room to watch the feed that was being relayed from a secret drone. Secretaries Clinton, Gates, and Vice President Biden soon followed. Moments later Bergen reports, the president walked in and said, "I need to watch this," as he seated himself next to Webb.
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/01/the-...
Top CIA director admits that there was no footage yet you are quoting inferior underlinks.
Eric

Franklin Park, IL

#42595 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Factually what is Connecticut and what facts are relied upon that the laws are applicable to me?
I love it when you step on your tongue. I am only using your own statement and the printed text of the state constitution.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42596 Oct 31, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't possibly make this stuff up!
is he back judging horse shows?
I know, that perhaps was the funniest quote I have read in a while. Better than "binders full of woman.."

Its like Tony Hayward criticizing an oil spill recovery operation for being too agressive.

We'll give Seaside a chance to retract her reference....

Brown is now doing talk radio in Denver. I think that quote was lifted from his normal daily babble.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42597 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to discuss legal politics with the rest of us, you need to share our framework. Difference of opinion is ok, but there has to be some basic grounding as to what reality is.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42598 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Top CIA director admits that there was no footage yet you are quoting inferior underlinks.
Doesn't sound like direct footage but more of link via a drone.

From what I remember at the time, it wasn't a clear picture of what was happening at all.

They were obviously watching something but mostly listening for updates.

This was my understanding and seems to be consistent with accounts.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42599 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, if you are going to discuss legal politics with the rest of us, you need to share our framework. Difference of opinion is ok, but there has to be some basic grounding as to what reality is.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42600 Oct 31, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is precisely my point, if you are forcing an agreement there is no choice, the gun is pointed to my head to make a false choice.
I am not forcing an "argument"- I am forcing reality on you, courtesy of the US and CT constitutions

You have too choices

1)govt by distance
2) govt by local

Make your choice.

I'll take govt by local.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42601 Oct 31, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you step on your tongue. I am only using your own statement and the printed text of the state constitution.
It was a typical response of a fundamentalist when cornered (in this case by himself). Change the goal posts and hope noone notices.
Voluntarist

United States

#42602 Oct 31, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, you stated that it is applicable I am asking you for the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Range Artist plan plein air show 10 hr I love the southwest 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Wed Insect Trust 30
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 11 FEDUPw-dumb-mean-... 45
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 5 Yes 11
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Grant County was issued at September 18 at 5:58PM MDT

•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••