Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,429
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Broomall, PA

#42378 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stupid article, what kind of nonsense is that?
I see your 'Zones of denial' are multi-demensional.

Do you believe we live in a post-racial world or simply that it never existed at all?

In other words, dumb or dumber?
former res

Broomall, PA

#42379 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Example?
The money changers in the bible.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42380 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
Question
Are the African American folks who are voting for Obama simply because he is black considered just as racist?
If that's their only reason, then yes.

But these folks have been voting democrat for many years - think Kennedys, Carter, Clinton.
Voluntarist

United States

#42381 Oct 28, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your 'Zones of denial' are multi-demensional.
Do you believe we live in a post-racial world or simply that it never existed at all?
In other words, dumb or dumber?
The common statement from people is that they are voting for the less of 2 evils, there are others that always vote along party lines.
Of course there are people who will not vote for him because of the color of his skin but there are others that will vote for him because of the color of his skin, its marginal.
That racist nonsense is just last minute guilt baiting for those Democrats that will not tow the party line.
What is a post racial world? there will always be division, how else could everyone be enslaved?
The question really goes to the sanity of voters, voting for the same parties over and over expecting different results, that is insanity.
Voluntarist

United States

#42382 Oct 28, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The money changers in the bible.
I thought the Bible was a fable to you?

What specifically about the money changers?
Voluntarist

United States

#42383 Oct 28, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's their only reason, then yes.
But these folks have been voting democrat for many years - think Kennedys, Carter, Clinton.
There are many people that cause division in the black community, many people have admittedly voted for Obama simply because they think he is black, and the Obama political machine panders to these people but huffington post has failed in reporting that.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42384 Oct 28, 2012
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42385 Oct 28, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Good planning; and I though I was the old Boy Scout.
I really thought 8 a.m. 3 days ahead would be ok. But I was rightfully schooled.
I was doing a repair and needed a couple of large wood screws yesterday afternoon, then thought better of trying to go to Home Depot in this storm-prep season. Decideda the nails I had would do for now.
Did you get the generator? I've never had one. But it's a good idea.
Nah, we dont really care. If we loose power, we loose power. I can deal. If it is for more than a day or two, I can go to family that does have a generator. So far for this storm I have invested in a car charger for my cell (weak link last time around), 1 pack of d batteries, and 2 gallons of water (impulse buy).

From what they say, rain will not be the issue here - just prolonged winds and coastal flooding. OTOH the radio weatherman, just told us he never heard of a storm like this, with much energy. SO it will be interesting.

I heard FEMA already opened up their camps with a special place just for volunteerist.

:)

Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42386 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Any other examples? so far you couldn't come up with 1 example of a government department that isn't a) corrupt or b) running in deficits.
Dummy, government isnt a business. Its supposed to run on deficits.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42387 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The preamble of the Ct constitution and the us declaration of independence lays out the purpose of government, provide "services " isn't declared.
Silly, government includes county, state, and municipal orgqanizations, any or all of them formed to provide services. You need to get out for often.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42388 Oct 28, 2012
Yeah!

Forget the so-called scientific polling conducted by several supposedly reputable firms that show President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a dead heat.

One "poll" indicates Obama is well ahead of Romney by 20 percent, all based on the nationwide sales of Halloween masks.

Lisa Barr, spokeswoman for Spirit Halloween, the largest retailer of its kind, said Obama masks are outselling Romney masks in all their nearly 1,000 stores, 60 percent to 40 percent. The data also include Internet orders.

The final result of the company's presidential sales will be released a few days before the Nov. 6 election.

Barr said the index has accurately predicted the winner of the past four presidential elections.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/oct/27/...
former res

Broomall, PA

#42389 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The common statement from people is that they are voting for the less of 2 evils, there are others that always vote along party lines.
Of course there are people who will not vote for him because of the color of his skin but there are others that will vote for him because of the color of his skin, its marginal.
That racist nonsense is just last minute guilt baiting for those Democrats that will not tow the party line.
What is a post racial world? there will always be division, how else could everyone be enslaved?
The question really goes to the sanity of voters, voting for the same parties over and over expecting different results, that is insanity.
A very thoughtful response, which I appreciate.

Though we still disagree on racism. I have family members who are clearly racist. They are out they, though most would never admit it. While some proudly do. Especially after a few brewskies.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42390 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the Bible was a fable to you?
What specifically about the money changers?
You never saw or head JC Superstar?

JC was upset at all the swindling going on as I recall.

Everything I know from the bible is via musical theater!

:))
former res

Broomall, PA

#42391 Oct 28, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, we dont really care. If we loose power, we loose power. I can deal. If it is for more than a day or two, I can go to family that does have a generator. So far for this storm I have invested in a car charger for my cell (weak link last time around), 1 pack of d batteries, and 2 gallons of water (impulse buy).
From what they say, rain will not be the issue here - just prolonged winds and coastal flooding. OTOH the radio weatherman, just told us he never heard of a storm like this, with much energy. SO it will be interesting.
I heard FEMA already opened up their camps with a special place just for volunteerist.
:)
He's no doubt one of Bush Sr's "thousand points of light!"

NYC just announced the shutting down of all public transportaion (subways, trains, buses) tonight.

We should have gotten water. Could have sworn we had some but not heading back to the stores at this point.

Sounds like you're all set.

We have candles, flashlights and a battery operated radio.

See you on the other side!
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42392 Oct 28, 2012
former res wrote:
Yeah!
Lisa Barr, spokeswoman for Spirit Halloween, the largest retailer of its kind, said Obama masks are outselling Romney masks in all their nearly 1,000 stores, 60 percent to 40 percent. The data also include Internet orders.
The final result of the company's presidential sales will be released a few days before the Nov. 6 election.
Barr said the index has accurately predicted the winner of the past four presidential elections.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/oct/27/...
Until you got to the last sentence, I was going to suggest that the scarier or more bufoonish candidate sells the most masks
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42393 Oct 28, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
See you on the other side!
No way. I have no intent on dying.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42394 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I must of missed that line.

I commend you for finally saying something perspicacious.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42395 Oct 28, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many people that cause division in the black community, many people have admittedly voted for Obama simply because they think he is black, and the Obama political machine panders to these people but huffington post has failed in reporting that.
He doesnt pander to the blacks anymore than the conservative tea party candidates pander to the lesser educated whites (which are a shrinking pool).

And besides, lets admit it, what has galvanized the back community to vote in mass for Obama despite many of their misgivings over gay marriage is the fear of the lunacy that a Paul Ryan or a Mitt Romney might bring.

Most votes in ANY presidential election - and this one in particular - are more about voting AGAINST the other guy.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#42396 Oct 28, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Lecture 5
The Comprehensiveness of the Holy Prophetís Life- Part-30
Who can be an Ideal Model?
Apart from these physical activities, there are the actions of heart and mind which belong to the world of emotions and feelings. With changing moments, we experience different feelings and emotions. Sometimes we are pleased and some times angry; some times happy and sometimes gloomy; we sometimes suffer hardship and sometimes indulge in luxury; sometimes we taste success and sometimes failure.
In different situations we act under the influence of a variety of emotions. Our good moral conduct depends on the control and balance of these emotions. We need the sublime example of the selfless Prophet of Madinah which could inspire us to exercise control over the intensity of our basic desires and lead us safely through the ways he himself traversed under the Divine guidance.
In order to deal with many different situations of our life, we need to have certain qualities of mind and heart like courage, fortitude, will power, patience, gratefulness, faith, resilience, self-sacrifice, contentment modesty, humility etc.
But only a practical example can inspire in us these noble emotions. Where else can we find them all in one place except in the person of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)? If we look at the available information about Moses, all we get is the strength and brevity of a courageous leader but no examples of a kind and soft heart showing mercy to others. Christís life is full of love and mercy and kindness, but nothing to inspire the powerful emotions.
In human life, we need a balanced blend of love and power. In Prophet Muhammadís biography we can find an excellent balance of mercy and strength, showing numerous examples of both.
Why Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is a Role Model Only Prophet Muhammadís personality displays miraculously balanced emotions found in a human being in a wide variety of situations. If you are wealthy, follow the example of the noble trader of Makkah and trustworthy custodian of the treasures of Bahrain. If you are poor, look at his example when he was confined to a place called Shiíb Abi Taleb outside Makkah for three years where even the bare necessities of life were denied to him and his children, or when he was forced to leave his hometown and emigrate to Madinah.
(Contd.)

Treasures of Bahrain? You might consider
my ignorance your calling.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42397 Oct 28, 2012
Pathetic..the dems are already blaming hurricane Sandy for a lower Democrat turnout on election day.
slol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) 22 hr SALLY 44 46
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sat Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sat Really 12
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Sep 18 I love the southwest 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 17 Insect Trust 30
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7
•••
•••
Pinos Altos Dating